Did anyone else notice this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLdDjLEIpzI
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KidHero
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnnoyingYoungerSibling
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicalAsian
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TalkingAnimal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, I did. And still, it didn't changed the fact that they were awesome to see.

One difference you forgot to add: Both shows ended with big cliffhangers at very crucial moments of their stories. Check:
+ "American Dragon": After defeating the Dark Dragon, Jake and Rose's relationship was apparently restored; which could lead to her returning to NY somehow and officially join Team Dragon. Jake's dad finally discovered the magic secret of her wife's family, and after helping to defeat the Dark Dragon, this could be the start of something new. Finally, a mistery that was never resolved or explained, Rose's twin sister.

+ Juniper Lee: The Magic World was temporally revealed to the humans, and something like that should have had consequences. Last episode ended up with Jody (one of June's human friends) potentially discovering June's secret. Finally, the last episode could have hinted the start of a "back-up team" for June's adventures; formed by her brothers and her friend bigfoot.

both where super fucking lazy and targeted at very young children so there couldnt be anything even remotely bad, also asians because inclusivity i guess
it honestly doesnt suprise me, you could do the same with other shows

Both are rip offs of the original chinaman
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLdDjLEIpzI

I think everyone noticed this
Also:
American Dragon had great villain but an awful protagonist
Juniper Lee had the fine protagonist, but mostly forgettable villains

I noticed this and shipped them.

I don't see how American Dragon's protagonist was awful. He was basically an Asian-American version of Peter Parker, more or less. After all, having powers in NYC was similar to Spider-Man's life.

>name start with J
>aisan american young man who fight supernatural forces
>Jack has his annoying young relative as well
>elder relative mentor
pretty much

It's called a trope.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KidHero

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnnoyingYoungerSibling

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicalAsian

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TalkingAnimal

Word to the wise, don't start reading these unless you have time to get lost in them.

Also Jake long started production at the peak of jackie chan popularity

Wasnt this a case of one idea getting pitched to two studios? Kind of like DS9 and Babylon 5?

No, just institutionalized and normalized racism being marketed to privileged white children.

Don't be such a fag.

I noticed it and really wanted a crossover but I knew they couldn't do a crossover because they were from different channels.

Two different creators though I'm pretty sure Juniper Lee came first; Winnick may have started developing the idea as far back as when he was on The Real World.

Jake Long just got into production first.

This troper thinks you're a faggot who should stay on his own website

Fuck off

both had problems, although I'd say Juniper Lee is the worse show overall

Junipper lee deisgn was far better though, Jake long was almost cal arts lvl of generic

>both have black hair with dyed highlights
>their families' magical powers skipped a generation
>they have to hide their powers from their own family
>their grandparents are the same gender and their sibling is the opposite gender
>both of their grandparents have a talking pug whose job is research/tech support

At least Jake can leave NYC whenever he wants.

>>both have black hair with dyed highlights
That's nothing special.

Was Jake half Asian Half White ?

His dad always looked very whitey

Correct me, but, wasn´t Juniper cancelled by a demand made by Jake Long creators?

His dad was white. The kids took after the mom.

Also, Juniper's brothers only know about magic by accident. One got mind wiped so many times he built up an immunity. The other was exposed to her powers when she was fighting someone and only got the ability to interact with the magical creatures.

Jake Long was such a tryhard wigger

This is some serious autism right here.

>pointing out similarities that a 5-year-old could notice
>autism
Posters like yourself give Sup Forums a bad reputation.

His dad is uber-White, how was this even ever a question?

Yeah, actually, I did.
Immediately upon seeing it. And the last time someone asked about Juniper Lee and what it was about, I told them it was female jake long without turning into a dragon.

I dunno Juniper Lee just felt lifeless most of the time, also the fact that Juniper didn't really have any cool abilities for the most part(or even having physical abilities particularly outside of what a regular girl in really good shape could do) meant that the fights in that show were generally boring as hell

This image sickens me

They should fug

>He was basically an Asian-American version of Peter Parker
Not personality wise. Peter Parker doesn't go around cringely jive talk to everyone.

Why was this show so good?

>Peter Parker doesn't go around cringely jive talk to everyone.
As Peter Parker, you mean...

Besides the live action cuts of jackie, that's some pretty friggin good animation

>Don’t lose your swoooooord

As a Chinese American growing up, I actually didn't like either though I noticed the similarities right away and wondered initially if they were in the same universe or if one was a reboot of the other. Now the Jackie Chan cartoon I liked. Though turning into a dragon was a cool concept that could be expanded on.

Yep he was a total chad like faggot!

Peter Parker is not a wigger

Jake Long had too much of a 90's vibe of "cool and radical" to my liking, but it also had better vilains when compared to Juniper, not that Juniper had good vilains anyway

It actually sorta works for Trixie.

>As a Chinese American growing up,

Why you have to mention your race? You don't need to do that

The fight scenes, hell the animation in general, are still better than most stuff nowadays.

I would be so pissed if my wife was hiding the fact we could have been having freaky dragon/human sex for years

She couldn't actually turn into a dragon, apparently 'skipped her generation'.

Is relevant how much the character race infuenced how relatable the show was for him

Some people don't know that Long is also an European last name.

Both shows have some unsolved sub-plots, but since they got both cancelled we'll never find out.

Ironically, Juniper Lee was the MUCH better show.

Namley because it didn't have an MC you wanted to strangle each time he was on screen. As well as an annoying dudebro sidekick and a black girl sidekick who makes Leslie Jones look like Halle Berry.

gtfo Lenny

We Bare Bears already had their Asian chick with purple stripe with that one Russian barista.

That was only done because they didn't want the marriage to be morally wrong, they made too many bad decisions for a good premise and we missed out on a great scalie mom.

Yeah and they came out around the same time too. I often confused them for each other.

>Both have the initials J.L
Fuck, of all things, I never noticed that.

Newfag, should have known people don't take kindly to troupers here

JCA is amazing, though the later season weren't as great. I really liked the fact that Jackie himself was so involved in the production, really gave the series that much extra pizazz compared to other shows.

>Disneyfied 2000's Ebonics
Yeah, no. Jake is terrible

>"This really makes me think"

Jesus christ, what a fucking terrifying new experience that must have been.

oh you have a lot to learn

it gives them power user

Disney was really bad about this kind of shit in the early 00's. They were trying really hard to be "hip and cool" by having all their characters at the time constantly use weird buzzwords. Only no one at Disney knew any so they were always inventing new ones in their shwos in hopes that they would catch on after a while.

reyrey was there to make up for both.

JMS pitched B5 to Paramount, then they never got back to him. Some time later, he gets with another studio to start it. But in the meantime, someone from Paramount was already begininning DS9. So those lazy uninspired fucks basically stole and ran off with his idea before he was even able to put it into action.

I love both, but I can't forgive some grimy shit like that.

>marriage to be morally wrong,
??