Are there any EXMuslims or former Muslims here? If so why?

Are there any EXMuslims or former Muslims here? If so why?

>age
>gender
>race
>Nationality
>How much of a Muslim were you?
>How long were you a Muslim
>Why made you realize Islam was not for you or not true?
>What are you now?
>How are you treated by friends, family, community?
>Any advice on how to help Muslims come out of the stone age or on what to tell them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_FaNg_nxqns&ab_channel=TheRationalizer
wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur'an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Islamic_Silliness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>age
>gender
male
>race
caucasian
>nationality
turk
I was just your average muslim. I did not care about religion that much. But when i was 16 i was really pious. Because i thought i'd burn in hell. I couldn't even say "fuck" because it was haram
17 years
it's retarded if you actually read quran
>What are you now?
atheist
90% of my friends are ex muslim that used to be as pious as me.
my family? meh.
>Any advice on how to help Muslims come out of the stone age or on what to tell them?
read a book nigger

bump

I was born in Iran. My mom was a Muslim. Iranian schools are strictly Islamic. So I believed all that dumb bullshit for a few years. I remember saying my prayers when I was 11 or 12.

>If so why?

I was born into it.

Sweet, thanx for responding. Can you tell me what you read in the Quran that stood out as being worth only the toilet paper it was printed on?

I noticed you are from Turkey. Supposedly, isn't this the most liberal Muslim country in the world? How do Muslims and non-Muslims get along there and why?

Thanx for responding. Answer the rest, nigger.

>age
>gender
>race
>Nationality
>What are you now?

it's hard to explain now. when i read the quran i was like "Allah cannot be that retarded" "Someone else wrote this". Because there were obvious mistakes in Quran (for example, it implies that the earth is flat, the obvious Mathematical error in the hereditary law)
also watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=_FaNg_nxqns&ab_channel=TheRationalizer
>How do Muslims and non-Muslims get along there and why?
like in everywhere else in the world. some muslims are too assblasted about atheists, some don't care.

Thanx in advance

also bump

>age
>gender
Male
>race
Iranian
>Nationality
Iranian
3/10
Until I was around 15. It was a gradual transition.
What*
Critical Thinking
>What are you now?
Pantheist
Pretty much everyone loves me. But recently I've been posting about how dumb liberals are and how fucked up the PC culture is, so some relatives and old friends are staying away from me, which is great.
They won't. 7.4 billion ppl living on this planet, and the vast majority are brainwashed. You may be able to wake a few people up here and there, but I don't think it's possible to wake up the masses.
Muslims in particular are extremely close-minded.

Supposedly, there are 1.7 billion Muslims in the world. However, I believe that this number is very overinflated because people like you guys exit. Basically, how regular is Islamexts? I would figure most of you keep your exits secret for obvious reasons. Is it true they can even hunt you down to other countries to kill you? I heard that leaving Islam is worse then being gay over there in some places?

bump for Jesus

>Basically, how regular is Islamexts?
When i was an atheist in 2000s there were like 0 atheists. Atheism practically did not exist. But in 2010s everything changed, nearly all of my friends (one of whom is an imam kek) turned atheist. And according to wikipedia there are like 5 million atheists in Turkey, compared to 40.000 in 2005.

>dubs
i need to post it now,
SAY SORRY TO TURKBROS FOR BULLYING YOU FUCKING NIGGERS, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT SUFFERING IS

thank dog i was circumcised when i was 3 months old
also circumcision is a jewish practice. circumcision does not even exist in Islam nor in Quran.

Ex-Muslims own in my book.

In an ideal world they'd be louder as the usual cries of racism for criticising Islam can't be levelled at them, but I can understand why they aren't because I'm sure they are quite fond of their hands.

Bump

I've been a non-ex-Muslim for a while now, also have been coming to Sup Forums for more years than I care to remember
ama

bump

Thanx for responding. Answer the rest, nigger.

>age
>gender
>race
>Nationality
>What are you now?

Bump

>> m
>> muslim roman jew
>>spain
>> only about 3%
>> for about 800 years
>> the reconquista
>>catholic
>> good we all hate muslims
>> we need to deus vult

I think you're making this all up.

Ex Christian actually.
Islam gave structure to what was previously my mess of a life. It made me into a true man.

>age
>gender
male
>race
whatever brown is
>Nationality
american
full on brainwashed sheep
about 12 years
grew up
>What are you now?
agnostic
haven't came out to any of them
Honestly some people are just too deep in the rabbit hole that is religion. Only Thing you can do is invest in education. That's only for western Muslims. For Muslims in the middle east just fucking nuke them.

Did you forget we can see your flag, Suzuki?

How do I convince my friend to leave islam.

He knows I'm an atheist and has nor problem with it btw. His religion is limiting his life and I want him to experience so much more.

>being commanded to piss sitting down makes you manly

Ex muslim turned Atheist turned back Muslim again

Idk why i went back to being a Muslim. I guess its just because i dont wanna come off as a contrarian edgy rebellious fedora tipper who got influenced by living in a western country. It's basically only to keep appearances at this point, I'm not worried about being stoned or anything though lol. I am however ready to defend actual Muslims though when they get attacked cause at the end of the day i am one of them still, whether i believe in the skydaddy or not.

Plus chicks dig a guy who values his faith

To answer some of the other questions im a 20 year old dude from a south east asian country, ill let you guess which one

>age
>gender
male
>race
black/indian
>Nationality
murican
I was raised muslim and knew some arabic prayers
16 years
The quran is retarded and enables child fucking. It was literally written by barbaric savages
>What are you now?
atheist
my mom is always trying to convert me and shit but none of my other family knows
tell them to be not retarded. Islamic "extremists" are actually just reading the quran and following it better than anyone that claims to be muslim. if you read the quran for 10 minutes you'll think it's fucking joke

what do you previously muslim guys think about the whole isareal/palestine issue?

>wouldmarryandraiselargefamilyandlivetogetherinasmallfarmhouse/10

Where do I find a nice, sexually repressed Christian girl like that, who won't laugh at my small dick or premature ejaculation because she won't know any better?

I remember being like these guys a year or two ago. Give it a while and you'll get to the stage of not giving a fuck, and to avoid getting into pointless arguments that would get you nowhere and waste your time, you'd just start calling yourself a Muslim again. Right now you're in the "i'm better than them, please accept me" stage.

>age
>gender
Male
>race
Indian
>Nationality
Canadian
Casually
All my life
Doesnt make any sense. It's full of contradictions and ancient ideas.
>What are you now?
In university
I still celebrate the big events and big prayers with family cause I live with them but nobody in my family prays 5x a day or are hard-core so nobody knows I don't believe in it although you can tell. Other muzzie friends are similar. All drink, smoke, don't believe in it.
Just keep reading and learning and exploring new ideas. Islam is not the world even though you think it might be at the time. Meet different people from different backgrounds, go out have fun.

cant really have too much sympathy for literal savages. It's kind of fucked up, but they're not smart enough to have power

>"TypicalChristianGirl.jpg"
>picture of kike Sasha Grey

You can probably contact her on FB or Twitter. Her name is Marina Ann Hantzis or something like that. But I think she is Haram though.

Speaking of Haram, I noticed that almost all of you ex-muslims are all going to Atheism. Why? Why not for a sect of Christianity?

18 m turk. Quran is a crock of shite

>age
>gender
Trans-unicorn-laser beams
>race
Brown
>Nationality
american
8/10 on the hardcore scale
Until I was 20

I spent a lot of time on r/exmuslim and went to therapy. I thought very critically about what people believed in and also how can a holy book be the absolute correctness when giving Honey to a baby is dangerous?
>What are you now?
In the closet obviously, still supporting them

I haven't come out so everyone likes me

It's basically impossible but your sanity can be maintained if you stay safe and find an online community. Sorry they will literally kill you otherwise.

>tell him I've been here
>still asks me to dox myself

One dumb mofo. Anyway I'm an okay non-ex-Muslim, I was a Muslim for a good number of years.

Islam is not for me? When did I say that? I LOVE Islam m8. What am I now? I am just me now. How am I treated by family etc? The same, though I have made enemies with many left-wing vermin recently.

Advice for Muzzies to come out of the stone age? Ah now you're talking my language. Science. And more science, and then some engineering and also law. But most of all, we need to start following our religion to the spirit, not just the letter.
It's what I personally (and professionally) did and now things are working out for me on multiple levels.

>>age
>>gender
m
>>race
afghan
>>Nationality
canada
>>How much of a Muslim were you?
I guess I 'believed' but even as a kid, I was rebellious when it came to not wanting to read the quran or praying
>>How long were you a Muslim
stopped at like 16
>>Why made you realize Islam was not for you or not true?
Sup Forums and reddit
>>What are you now?
agnostic
>>How are you treated by friends, family, community?
you basically can't tell your muslim friends or family about it or else they'll ostracize you
>>Any advice on how to help Muslims come out of the stone age or on what to tell them?
you'll never really be able to convince muslims as a whole to denounce their religion, at the very best you'll be able to make them into nominal muslims (like most christians are today)

Dont know enough to have an opinion. i do feel sorry for anyone who dies or loses a loved one in all of it though, whether Palestinian or Israeli. its just a mess dude

This is a friendly fucking reminder that you can be ex-muslim, but you can't be ex-brown.

I was lurking on the exmuslim subreddit the other day, you know the place where people leave pisslam because of how shit of a religion it is, and they all hate donald trump. Idiots.

is this "EXMuslims" as in "willing to consider philosophy and science" ?

You can be ex-muslism
But you can't be ex-brown

Since most of the people here are admitting that they grew out of it and find the religious texts retarded, I would assume jumping one sinking ship to another just seems equally retarded. That's why most become atheist or agnostic.

>age
>gender
M
>race
white/slav
>Nationality
Bosniak
I`m still a muslim but it does not have impact on me
On/Off relationship after 20
I just go on friday prayer (Jummah) ,don`t drink and eat pork,that`s all.To be 100% into it is dangerous and borderline retarded
>What are you now?
Theist
Hell naww, most of you are delusional if you believe that all muslims are radical.
It is part of your culture ,don`t be apostate.God is flawless but Muhammed is not. Be wise and critical about it and focus on more important things in life but don`t be ashamed of who you are

>>age
>>gender
male
>>race
white Caucasian (Berber minority in the north)
>>Nationality
morrocan
a practising muslim.
20 years
Arabs killed my ancestors, and committed genocides , so fuck anything from them.
>>What are you now?
still practising on public , but on the inside i don't feel a thing towards islam.
they don't know , look the answer above.
>>Any advice on how to help Muslims come out of the stone age or on what to tell them?
look back at history , to see the lies you've been fed through your life.

>age
>gender
Male
>race
Caucasian
>Nationality
Turkish
I wasn't really ever a Muslim. I was born into its culture but my family had moderate muslims at most. A lot of people in my circle of friends and family that I know smoked cigarettes and used alcohol. No one I know prays five times a day. (except literally only one friend that I met in uni - he sometimes goes to the mosque fridays)
I was always apathetic towards it. Maybe up until I was 10, I would reflexively answer that I was a muslim but never 'felt it'.
The thing that really made me "quit" was waking up early for the morning service. I used to live in the capital and it used to get cold as fuck.
>What are you now?
I do not care about the concept of religion and/or athesim. Completely apathetic towards it.
Nobody gives a shit
No advice. If being muslim really bothers you just fake it nigger

>age
>gender
male
>race
black
>Nationality
Black Israelite (Amerikkka)
Mad Muslim yo, converted in jail
4 years
Theres crakas in it
>What are you now?
Hebrew, the real onez, not some pig skin kikes
I found the truth
Alot of brathas and sistas woke, betta watch out crackas
Tell'um tha white man made Islam to hold tha black man down. Together we can do anythin.

Fuck my life is sad. I just reread this and realized im not 20 im actually 21. Kill me please

Why is fucking boys ok but fucking a grown up one literally kills you?

yall better repent because the kingdom of OURANOS is at hand.

ishmael is a son of abrahim. old testament was an amalgam of all the ancient Mesopotamian mythos but completely rewrote the origin of the jews. japheth is israel and judah. noah is an agent of saturn.

REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF OURANOS IS AT HAND!

Ishmael is a son of ibrahim! all you shemites are of the same stock. japheth is israel and judah! the old testament brushes over the true history of the jews!

accept Christ as your lord and savior and enter the new covenant!!!

>age
>gender
male
>race
malay
>Nationality
malaysian
Completely indoctrinated. Had religious background and education. Took up tassawur and syaria law in high school.
23 years. Lost my virginity at 26. had my first beer at 28.
it was gradual, however plenty of the things in the hadith and quran contradicts my sense of morality. Islam once encouraged free inquiry, but little of that remains now. I still like some facets of islam like sufism.
>What are you now?
Deist. I don't think anyone has a monopoly on the ultimate truth and I think discounting the possibility of a sentient creator is hubris.
They do not know. They must not know. The only place that is safe is in my mind.
while keeping the faith? I doubt it. but i believe Islam's hold on the people is waning.

Holy fuck. You are using a computer, it has spell check, use it.

male
turk
turkish

read qoran several times, pretty muslim

14 years? (from 0 to 14)

read all the "holy books" and realized they all have the same idiotic narrative. used to think how can all these people be wrong? turns out its easy.

atheist

i don't talk religion at all, since i believe its personal and private. i'm treated pretty ok but thats because they assume i'm muslim. probably religious asshole would gang up on me if they knew. friends and family know and they are pretty OK with it.

stop believing shit that does not make sense. it goes for all the stupid abrahamic religions.

>age
>gender
male
>race
I dont really know,my family is mostly from the region around the caspian see but we have some kurdish ancestry too
>Nationality
German and Iranian
Never a zealot,I just believed in a god somewhere and kinda grew into identifying Allah as that god
Probably until I was 13
I just learned a bit more about the scientific theory and slowly became more and more agnostic
>What are you now?
Agnostic
Normal, but then again I dont hang out with any radicals or overly zealous muslims. I dont have any contact to my father since my parents divorced(family issues,nothing to do with religion) and he was the only "religious" person in my family. The rest of my family doesnt really care for religion. One of my brothers even converted to christianity and it never was a problem.
If you are afraid of coming out because your family is full of crazy religious muslims then keep it to yourselves. I would advice to slowly back away from your family as soon as your old enough. As soon as you establish yourself as an independent person you can come out as non-religious(or whatever else you choose to be).

Why the fuck does Sup Forums go down at like 3am - 5am?

>but i believe Islam's hold on the people is waning.

Why do you think that?

Do any of you feel marginalized by what's going on in America? Many of the SJWS seem to think it's about attacking them when in reality the only aspect that's of their religion that Trump Voters cared about was keeping the extremists from turning moderates into radicals.

European sleep time?

>age
>gender
M
>race
Curry nigger
>Nationality
Bangladesh (now US citizen who voted MAGA)
Extremely devoted. Prayed 5 times and did almost everything. Lots of classes
Until I was a teenager
The more I learned, the less I knew. Internet helped with that.
>What are you now?
Spiritual, sort of a monk who dabbles with paranormal stuff every day
Shunned. My parents and siblings still talk to me but that's pretty much it.
Knowledge is power. Question everything. Go online and read whatever you find.

Those come naturally if you take the first step, something has to fill the emptiness religion fills.

>stop believing shit that does not make sense. it goes for all the stupid abrahamic religions.
The similarities among the holy books only supports the idea and existence of God.

>caucasian
>turk

Yeah, sure.

Or that they were copied off each other.

>God sends a slightly different, slightly improved version of his message each time

it'll work this time Im sure! if not ill kill them all, send them to hell then try again.

>age
>gender
M
>race
Berber, tanned with blond hair
>Nationality
French
Good muslim
20 years
The current state of the islamic civilisation, no way that God can be on our side at the moment
>What are you now?
Something between muslim, jew and christian. Had an hard time getting how jews think but it was worth a shot
Arabs don't like me bc I'm not a muslim and whites don't either bc I somewhat look arab and aint atheists. Well not that I care about any of those anyway
Tell them about their ancestors, carthiginians or romans for maghrebis for example. It's the only way to make them move

Also, islam is way ebtter than atheism to organize a society or a country, you better know what is the next step if you want to change muslims

>age
>gender
cisgender male scum
>race
snow-skin slavscum
>Nationality
russian
Was in mechet once in childhood
I'm muslim for 23 days in every year.
I'm okay with islam.
>What are you now?
Right now I'm apatheist, but I am going to return to islam.
Noone knows about that.
Move to Europe, together we can make HRE great again.

>age
>gender
Male
>race
Asian
>Nationality
Indonesian
Was a devoted one. I was even in an islamic school
Idk, i was a muslim since birth. When i was in high school, i started questioning my belief. When i was in college, i'm starting to become an agnostic, atheist, and then finally a pantheist
I didn't get any peace from performing shalat. Ironically, that pushes me to learn more about Islam. Maybe there's something missing. But as i learn more, i don't get it, what's so special with this religion? People from another religion also felt the same way with their god and religion. If i can learn peace through other religion or teaching, why should i choose Islam?
Also, i don't like the concept of sin. God sounds like a megalomaniacal arsehole. I feel that when i read the story about Abdul Muthalib (Muhammad's grandfather), and Allah choose to put him in hell. It's not fair.
>What are you now?
Pantheist
Surprisingly well
You can't. Quran is their main problem.

That's working out well for Europe isn't it?

I will enjoy ever bit of what happens to Europe within the future, the religious-affiliation trends show Islam and Atheism growing throughout Europe whilst Christianity should decline.

oh boy

>stop believing shit that does not make sense. it goes for all the stupid abrahamic religions.

I never thought I would say something like this, but Turk-bro, you are pretty OK

Is that you L.U.I. Marco?

imas kakav savjet kako da pridobim jednu bosanku

Well... we didnt elect trump, so yeah working out pretty well.

SJWs hate me for talking about islam. It's like they want to call me a racist bigot but they just can't so they delete my comments on their posts. They usually regurgitate the liberal talking points about how all Muslims are peaceful and perfect in every way and anyone who doesn't like them is an Islamophobe.

My favorite is when they lecture me about what's in the Quran and hadith.

>turns out its easy

Doubt it, some people seem to believe that learning other religions automatically makes atheism a more viable path, without having any expanded knowledge on the beliefs other than the books themselves (Historical analysis, different conepts/interpretation, etc. would be a few items that are typically excluded). Apparently, people whom dedicate their lives to studying other beliefs whilst believing in one religion seem to be non-existent to others that restate your claim about simply claiming all religions are wrong.

I can respect an agnostic, but a gnostic atheist is just as absurd as a gnostic-theist.

>he never read the torah

who

>at the very best you'll be able to make them into nominal muslims (like most christians are today)

Literally all we can hope for

well, its mostly personal experience. friends i've made on the internet express their non-belief in private conversations. They do not express this out in real life for fear of backlash. I don't think this would be possible if the internet and free flow of information weren't there. Then again, I'll allow them some time for us to progress, this country is a backwater shithole throughout most of history.

Malaysia is a big physical safe space for muslims. any discourse held in real life would be shouted down by towelheads and malay-arab wannabes.

Trump's victory gives me a glimmer of hope - that even if we're silenced, it doesn't mean that we do not exist. We are always in the background and when the time comes, we'll show them how numerous we actually are.

All the hatred of non-muslims & apostates yet the flat Earth is what got you to start questioning it?

Are you me?

It's good that most of the anons here are ex, but omg this thread just shows how much you shitkins have invaded Europe and NA.

>>age
>>gender
Male
>>race
Black
>>Nationality
Somali
Never believed in that shit. Even when I was forced to go to Religious school every Saturday and Sunday.
Never
When I got beaten every week and told to memorise a book written in a language that I dont even know.
>>What are you now?
Atheist
I moved from the UK and work in Norway alone and dont associate with them.
No Advice. But I gotta say;
Persians, Turks, Indonesians and other non-Arabs; How cucked do you have to be to revere a book written in another language and bow down to Mecca 5 times a day? Your people have been culturally conquered by Arabs. Just start referring to yourselves as Arabs and be done with it.

>age
>gender
Male
>race
Slav
>Nationality
Bosnian
I can read the arabic type and I knew many of the prayers from the quran by heart. I never did all the daily prayers, i did fast for the month of ramadan though.
Since birth until i was about 15-16
My father is a Serb but since he was always working it is my muslim mother that raised me. When I started to apply critical thinking, I questioned my religion first, wondering why the fuck do I follow islam if my dad is orthodox and i have many catholic and orthodox friends too. My parents are often wrong, so who is to say they arent wrong about this too? Considering that, ive read the bible, the torah, the translation of quran, and even read up on some pagan and east asian religions, trying to find the "truth".
>What are you now?
I didnt find the truth. I dont believe in god but I think that it is belief itself that actually does influence religious people. Their faith helps them in hard times, it means a lot to them and keeps them under a strict moral compass. Religion is a good thing, but its nothing more than an ancient political/law system meant to keep large populations in check, when there was no organised militia.
My muslim friends avoid that topic with me. Many of my friends are atheists since less and less millenials like me practise religion. My sister and mother generally have a strong dislike for me. Again everyone just tries not to think about that. My community doesnt know. Only extreme groups grow beards and cover their women.
There is no hope for islam
Christianity, like a proper law system, has been adapted to the modern age.
Islam is stuck at the same level christianity was in the dark ages, and any reform is forbidden by your god.

>Persians, Turks, Indonesians and other non-Arabs; How cucked do you have to be to revere a book written in another language and bow down to Mecca 5 times a day? Your people have been culturally conquered by Arabs. Just start referring to yourselves as Arabs and be done with it.

das rite, arabs just oppressing around them

My current gf actually. She is a 9/10 from egypt. Her parents didn't take it well

turkish deus vult soon

Do the moderate ones call authorities and do the radical ones get arrested and prosecuted?

Just read this ffs

wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur'an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Islamic_Silliness

You'd be surprised how many of ''muslims'' have not even read the Quran.

science, bitch

>God is flawless
And since the Quran is thought to literally be written by God, doesn't that make separate interpretations impossible? If something is written in the quran, like that you can fuck children and take slaves, doesn't that mean that it's is still allowed and encouraged? I mean Islam and the quran is supposed to be timeless right? Anything written by an omnipotent and omniscient being HAS to be timeless because He has seen all things that have been, the things that are and things that are going to be. Therefore anything He was written is to be followed to the letter for all time.

Therefore ISIS and others who interpret the quran literally has to be the true muslims while others who don't take it as seriously are obviously unbelievers. It's only logical. Radical Islam is thus the same as moderate Islam, while "moderate Islam" are on par with Kuffar.

>thank dog i was circumcised

Are you still considered a roach?

>age
>gender
male
>race
arab
>Nationality
iraq
When I lived in Iraq I was very muslim because we were always taught islam is right
Until I was 19
When I came to Sweden and did thinking
>What are you now?
atheist
I haven't told my family. They would be angry

so basically a normal bosnian muslim.A muslim but not a full on wahbi.
>My father is a Serb
Stoped reading there

You; you're alright

based