Mfw people actually fall for climate change meme

>mfw people actually fall for climate change meme

I have yet to see an actual solid source besides some graphs
made in paint, baseless articles about how %99 of scientists
agree or some retard linking wikipedia on the matter.

These people believe world will end in like 20 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
wattsupwiththat.com/climate-fail-files/list-of-excuses-for-the-pause-in-global-warming/
telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/globalwarming/11395516/The-fiddling-with-temperature-data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-ever.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I shouldn't even bother to reply but read this you ignorant fuck

climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

I haven't seen any evidence that the sun is bigger than moon either, other than fake renderings of the solar system.

Who red pilled on big moon theory here?

Minimal evidence for human involvement, but plentiful evidence that the climate is shifting. That's not surprising though.

> These people believe world will end in like 20 years.

That's not at all what someone who recognizes climate change thinks. Someone who is not scientifically illiterate and therefore accepts the mountains of evidence believes that climate change means rising water levels (therefore it sucks if you live on the coast, especially in poor countries) and unpredictable weather changes. This could, over a long enough time frame, possibly end all human life on earth (though not necessarily, it will kill a lot of people), but not destroy the planet.

yeah and I bet you believe they landed on the moon too you faggot

I found a scary (((climate))) website through wikileaks. I got the fuck out of there.

This. It's just a really convenient coincidence that the warming trend started in full during the industrial revolution.

From your own source

> Ice cores drawn from Greenland, Antarctica, and tropical mountain glaciers show that the Earth’s climate responds to changes in greenhouse gas levels. They also show that in the past, large changes in climate have happened very quickly, geologically-speaking: in tens of years, not in millions or even thousands.3

The only "legit" data I've seen are METAR reports. The problem with METAR reports is they are taken at airports on the ground. Where are airports located? Usually in and around population centers. Most cities are perpetually expanding and getting more dense, which means they are generating more heat from activity within the city.

METAR reports are the least reliable data you can rely on for measuring climate change.

yeah and I bet you believe the world's not flat too you faggot

IPCC summary for policymakers.

The IPCC makes detailed, and summarised reports covering the evidence, reasoning and conclusions for anybody to read.

Just because your entire exposure is people posting shit on Sup Forums, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

btfo

>That's not at all what someone who recognizes climate change thinks

I don't think thats the majority. Most people I see crying 'muh climate change' seem to have the general consensus that
world will end like Doomsday Hollywood scenarios in couple of years.

> These people believe world will end in like 20 years.

That's not at all what someone who recognizes climate change thinks. Someone who is not scientifically illiterate and therefore accepts the mountains of evidence believes that climate change means rising water levels (therefore it sucks if you live on the coast, especially in poor countries) and unpredictable weather changes. This could, over a long enough time frame, possibly end all human life on earth (though not necessarily, it will kill a lot of people), but not destroy the planet.

>A vast majority of scientists agreeing is not an actual solid source.

>meme
>Is Thought in schools and universities as widly accapted fact

Its like arguing against the gravitation theory or the evolutionary theory.

The only think you can arge about is which influence humankind has in this

It's real, but it's also unstoppable. We will adapt.

This. It's just a really convenient coincidence that the warming trend started in full during the industrial revolution.

Deniers take heed, you share similar belief with a turkroach. That alone should make you question your stance, if not anything else

Climate change is real but dealing with it by destroying your own economy and taking away jobs is like throwing a virgin into a volcano and hoping it doesn't erupt.

diversity and multiculturalism being a strength is widely accepted as fact in schools and universities

>99% of scientists agree that galileo is wrong in his idea of a heliocentric solar system

This.
Climate on earth has changed since it all started and many times.
Can we have had an impact on it? Yes.
Do humans deserve to not get extint if the earth tries too kill us? Don't think so.

I literally don't care. I have no opinion on it. If people cared about it as much as they're now acting, they would have voted for Jill Stein.

The earth is, on average, getting warmer overall. This is probably due to the fact that the planet is still coming out of an ice age. Scientists agree on that and I believe they're right.

The bullshit comes in when they start arguing that it's indisputably caused by CO2 and human involvement. There's literally no evidence to prove this.

Climate is unpredictable. 75 percent of the time when the weather man says it's going to rain tomorrow nothing happens. But you're telling me that they can predict the sea levels in 20 years?

based roach

Proving what? That it can happen quickly without human influence? Sure, but that has jack all to do with what's happening now. Basically the only thing changing the climate - and it is - is human activity.

Yes, but this change exactly correlates with rising CO2 levels since the industrial revolution. CO2 levels just don't rise randomly, there have to be a lot of volcanic eruptions, and those haven't really happened any more than they did before the industrial revolution.
So, the only logical conclusion is that we cause the rising CO2 levels. I agree that it won't be the end, and we should switch to nuclear instead of dumb memes like wind and solar.

Global warming is real, but what the negative consequences of global warming is are largely up for debate. Also the severity and quickness of the climate change is becoming more and more downplayed by the actual scientists year by year. The models they've been pushing the past 20 years have basically been made by con men and do not reflect the scientific opinion.

The water level has not risen faster in the last 100 years than the 300 years previously, extreme weather is not getting worse and the temp is up only up 0.9 degrees in over 100 years.

The planet is NOT rolling over and dying, the planet is actually doing really fucking well right now. Because of more co2 we're seeing the effect of global greening. The planet has much more healthy vegetation now than just 40 or so years ago. I think the equivalent of an entirely new green mainland unites states continent.

Man made effects on the climate is something that always should be monitored and researched as we definitely have technology now to fuck the planet up real fast with unintended consequences of new tech. The issue of man made global warming over the last 100 years though has been thoroughly researched and it has proven to be a minor issue. Consensus among climate scientists is: global warming is a minor issue

You know what is an issue though? poverty in developing nations kill so many people each year, and the west is trying to keep easy energy away from them in the name of this cause, it's despicable.

There has been extinction level events before due to climate change.
The meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs block out the sun, cool the planet so the plants died and with them the dinosaurs.

>consensus

vs

>data

> I'll just ad hominem cause I have no other argument

kek

There has been extinction level events before due to climate change.
The meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs block out the sun, cool the planet so the plants died and with them the dinosaurs.
They never disagreed with him.
Their model was complicated and Galileo model was simpler.
They defended their model as it should be.

Nigger changes are happening literally exponentially.

>literally no evidence
Increased CO2 in air, CO2 traps more heat, earth gets warmer. There are actual numbers here. What is missing for you?

>Climate is unpredictable.
Weather is unpredictable. Climate is measurable and estimable. Do you even know what you're talking about?

Heightened CO2 levels don't do very much for plantlife. They absorb a little more but they only benefit so much. Nothing to offset the effects of deforestation and withering of plantlife in now-too-hot locales.

But even if it were increasing, we'd have other problems. Namely that the food we grow won't grow where we need it to, as well as we need it to. What plantlife perseveres matters as much as if any does at all. Remember the problem isn't about earth dying, but it being unable to support the lot of us.

The number of climate refugees we're in for will make the syrian crisis look like having the grandparents over for the weekend.

>But CLIMATE CHANGA REAL REEEE
I'm not convinced

>But TEMPS INCREASING REEEE
The temperature's been rising for millennia.

>But LINE'S GETTING STEEPER REEEE
>That's OUR FAULT REEEEEEEEEEEEE
Who the fuck ever said natural climate change
had to be linear, or even polynomial?

About sums up what I've seen. Limited evidence that humanity is substantially contributing to it on the scale they make it out to be.

>OZONE LAYER CRISIS REEEEEE

...Actually, I do wonder about that. Coincidentally, that ozone hole got patched up right quick once we substantially reduced our emissions.

MY QUESTION:

What was up with the ozone hole? Why did it appear? Was it our fault? If not, then why did it disappear?

IS CLIMATE CHANGE REAL REEEEEEEEEE

>What is missing for you?
Trust, and accountability.

>Athmosphere contains 0,038% CO2
>We are responsible for only 0,00046% of CO2

I highly doubt that we cause the main raison of climate change

=

OOPS!

So I'm going to be real because this is faggot fucking 4chin and I'm behind 30 proxies with no java active and tor etc etc etc vpn bitcoin bought blah. I own 1.5% equity in a coal mine, we know we affect the climate and yes, we pollute the fuck out of the the environment, just look at china, it's fucked lol. But, I'm not having kids, and I don't care what the world looks like 100 years from now, I'll be dead, and if I'm not, hopefully science pulls through, but if it doesn't oh well. Welcome to human greed faggots, it exists and it's far above this planet. So, although my peers may pay people to tell you "we aren't powerful enough to affect the environment huuuuuuurrrrr", you must understand we are, and yes it's for the money and bitches. Just being real.

Hey if you don't like it, get on a rocket with elon and head to red skys. Until then, enjoy the blue until it turns a nice subtle grey.

>What was up with the ozone hole? Why did it appear? Was it our fault? If not, then why did it disappear?
CFCs and other chemicals were reducing the ozone levels at around 4% per year, with the thinnest area revolving around the poles. The reduction allows increasing ultraviolet radiation from the sun to reach earth, with negative effects on humans and plantlife.

Note that the ozone around the poles weakens seasonally as well, this is compensated for in the measurements and observations.

Anyways, we took away those chemicals from use, and the levels slowly replenished themselves.

I should note though, that global warming interacts with the ozone in a way that it causes them to deplete again. Not sure how severe the effect is, though.

You could always just check wikipedia, it's fairly thorough on this.

What would you trust, then? What does the scientific community have to do to win you over? Is there anything not influenced by the oil companies you can point to?

Little things add up and get magnified further than you might expect. Don't knock the numbers if you don't know the math.

What are you even implying?

>CO2 has never been this high
TRUE

>Temperature has never fluctuated like this
Not so sure about that

They never say how the CO2 change affects it RELATIVE to the natural changes, and look at it in the context of the last million years or so.

And if CO2 is the problem, why the fuck not just fill the atmosphere with some sort of aerosol that block out sunlight to negate some of it? srs

And the earth is FINE, we aren't "saving the planet", we are trying to keep the planet a good habitat for HUMANS, if we "fuck the earth up", the earth is fine, it is we, humans who will not be fine. GHEEEeezz....

Coincidence ? I don't think so

Actually, what could really fuck us up is the lead in our gas, not the CO2.

And yes, most countries use gas with insane ammounts of lead on them.

>massive extinction of species going on
>lol it's just a meme guys, pillage the earth it will surely go well

>These people believe world will end in like 20 years.
These people believed 20 years ago that the world will end in 20 years. They forecasted several major cities having sunk into the oceans by now two decades ago.

I'm saying that before I'm buying a fcking electric car because MUH EMISSIONS, the industry should look at itself and also consider stop cutting down forrests

and..?

>Dinosaurs went extinct because of a meteor

Fucking roach

Ya cuck, lots of dumb shit is taught in school as fact.

Unlike simple physics experiments, climate experiments are often impossible to conduct under laboratory conditions, and no data fully accounts for ALL of the factors.

Climate change could be attributable to tons of things.

as you can see here in this graph, as humans exist on the earth while climate changes, scientific consensus increases exponentially while the amount of meaningful data remains constant over time. therefore I am now able to intellectually lord over all you plebs for not being part of the status quo.

i think the dinosaurs had a mental breakdown after seeing the meteor
>just like SJWs when they saw the election results

HAHAHAHA

as if thats a bad thing :^)

The problem is not so much about "climate change" which is so broad a thing that it is obviously happening (what are the chances that "climate" is perfectly stationary?).

It is about predictions. Almost all of the predictions of the GIEC from the 80s-90s (predictions of things happening before 2016) have failed.
This goes from both polar ices growing in the last years, forest and green areas expanding globally, influence of CO2 (it is now clear that CO2 increases after temperature rises, sometimes lagging by hundreds of years, but the propaganda machine is stuck in the early 90s when CO2 was blamed as the main causal factor), temperature not raising at all for 18 years 1998-2015 (they are raising for the first time, mildly, in 2016 due an intense El Nino) when the "99% consensus" was telling us it would rise by 0.2C annually.
You can see a comprehensive lists of excuses for this here wattsupwiththat.com/climate-fail-files/list-of-excuses-for-the-pause-in-global-warming/
I could go on and on.

I don't blame technicians operating in the field for this. Chaotic system and all that. Besides, it does not allow for repeatable experiments, which is a considerable blow to its claims. Climatology should be an interesting sub-subject to study. But shills are fucking annoying pretending to predict things. Then you have collectivists jumping on the bandwagon trying to use it as an excuse.

I'm relatively young and was supposed to have already lived ten climate cataclysms.

"Climate change" is also annoying because it completely shadows actual ecological concerns like soil erosion, water and air purity, organization of fishing, etc.

It's real OP

Kind of off topic, but is it possible for soil-less methods (like hydroponics) of agriculture to feasible on a really large scale some time in the future?

Just in case our green breadbaskets turn into desert

>They never say how the CO2 change affects it RELATIVE to the natural changes, and look at it in the context of the last million years or so.
They do. They worry about the climate changing in a way it hasn;t done for millions of years, because earth's climate was not so well suited for humans back then

>And if CO2 is the problem, why the fuck not just fill the atmosphere with some sort of aerosol that block out sunlight to negate some of it? srs
There's a lot of study into doing just that. No one knows how to do it without potentially causing more equally bad problems.

>humans who will not be fine
Well yeah. That's the concern.

>It's just a really convenient coincidence that the warming trend started in full during the industrial revolution.

You mean it's a convenient coincidence that we developed accurate tools to measure temperature during the industrial revolution.

The warming trend started more than 15,000 years ago. We're living in an interstadial, folks. Things warm up in an interstadial.

Don't forget the peaks and troughs, though.

The Younger Dryas. The Holocene Climactic optimum. The Minoan warm period. The Roman warm period. The Medieval warm period. The Little Ice Age.

40 years ago, Climate Experts were predicting that we'd enter a new ice age in 2000 because of industrialization.

Now, they're screeching about the opposite.

NONE of the predictions have been accurate.

One thing you can predict is that there will always be people trying to make a buck off of fear.

possible sure, but not in the time frame that would be desired.

>solid source besides some graphs
Seriously? We can't help it if you can't understand basic scientific data. Fucking educate yourself first and then form an opinion you subhuman scum.

Contemporary hydroponics are good enough for mass production of vegetables and some fruits. But as it is, no way to use them to meet the demand for cereals, which remain the main source of food energy.

telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/globalwarming/11395516/The-fiddling-with-temperature-data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-ever.html

I'm sorry man, but to what extent does CO2 trap heat? How does increasing from 350 to 450 parts per million bring about such a change?

Chemical equilibrium in the atmosphere isn't the easiest, either.

If the phytoplankton die off from rising ocean temperatures there will be a mass extinction of marine life and a decline in oxygen levels globally.

You might not get city sized tusnamis but the world will be a very different place, for the worse.

Even if climate change were completely independent of human emissions, we still should be trying our best to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Because regardless of how much of an effect greenhouse gases have, they do at least have an effect and it adds up. You guys are scared shitless because of a few refugees from the middle east? Well over a BILLION people live right on the coast, if it gets warmer, ocean levels rise, those people have no home, they come for you...

Are you actually retarded ? Anyone can make a graph on anything, will you take that shit as granted and believe without any skepticism ?

CLIMATE CHANGE IS A COMPLETELY UNIMPORTANT ISSUE. YOU WILL DIE BEFORE IT MATTERS

Fuck soil erosion, fuck clean energy, fuck climate change, fuck the goddamn greens in the mouth. YOU WILL DIE. There is no getting around to it, and trying to prepare the world for you to live forever by taking away your joy right now is the most idiotic concept I have heard of. People need to get it in their thick skulls that they are going to die before any of this makes a difference.

And what if you do live? Good luck enjoying the clean air and temperature when you can;t fucking hold your bowel movements in.

Pence thinks God created world in 7 days and created humans out of mud

he says evolution is a hoax

that's the people you voted in

>if it gets warmer, ocean levels rise, those people have no home, they come for you...
I think this is my biggest worry regarding global warming. Mass immigration for flooded, famine stricken over populated shithole countries into wealthy countries that are advanced enough to take the hit of global warming related damage without starving to death.

you took the photo at anohter time of the day(how does the ocean work?), in colour and from another angle?
lol climate change is real

As if VP actually does anything, what did Joe Biden do besides talk in past 4 years ?

protip: nothing

>educate yourself
>EJEWKATE YASSSSALF

your sjw is coming through francnigger

>YOU WILL DIE BEFORE IT MATTERS
Some of us are interested in the white race thriving long after the current generation dies user.

same ol' memes

WTF ? Is there even any difference ?

>climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
> "The evidence for rapid climate change is compelling"
> List all the consequences but no actual reason
Everyone can see the climate is changing. Everyone can find the graphs about the CO2 level being high.
Come on, is this science? See two things and connect them without actual evidence?

what about the methane being released from underneath the ice? that gun affect thing whatever it is called.
wesa gonna die. Seriously though im worried.

If you guys are already easily scared shitless because of a few middle-eastern refugees, you should be scared of the BILLION people that live on low coasts!

Here is what will happen if it's too complicated for you guys.. (no offense not everyone can be intelligent)

Sealevels rising -> people no have home anymore :( -> people flee to your home

It doesn't matter if climate change would also be athing without us humans. We still have to do our best to slow it. And even if greenhouse gases are not the cause of global warming (too many of you guys believe that), it still speeds it up! It's a paradoxon that people like Trump are against immigration and refuse to do anything against it! In a few decades climate will be the number one reason why people are fleeing.

thoughts on this then megafaggot?

No.

I don't believe in the climate change meme but nihilism and egotism are a fucking joke.

Can someone redpill me on climate change? It seems very convincing to me and I just don't get why scientists would lie about it?

>Gas the kikes
>Lower carbon emissions
One needs to come first

he also wants to gas the fags.

sounds like a top bloke to me.

They said the coast would be underwater 20 years ago and here we are with zero change.

>Mass immigration [from] flooded, famine stricken over populated shithole countries into wealthy countries

WE ALL GONNA ROAST TO DEATH IN A FIRE!!!

January 2000 Dr. Michael Oppenheimer of the Environmental Defense Fund (in a NY Times interview): “It does not take a scientist to size up the effects of snowless winters on children too young to remember the record-setting blizzards of 1996. For them, the pleasures of sledding and snowball fights are as out-of-date as hoop-rolling, and the delight of a snow day off from school is unknown.”

1969, Lubos Moti, Czech physicist: “It is now clearly agreed that CO2 content [in the atmosphere] will rise 25% by 2000. This could increase the temperature near the earth’s surface by 7 degrees Fahrenheit. This in turn could raise the level of the sea by 10 feet. Goodbye New York. Goodbye Washington, for that matter.”

Michael Oppenheimer, 1990, The Environmental Defense Fund: “By 1995, the greenhouse effect will be desolating North America and Eurasia with horrific drought, causing crop failures and food riots…”(By 1996) The Platte River of Nebraska will be dry, while a continent-wide black blizzard of prairie topsoil will stop traffic on interstates, strip paint from houses and shut down computers…The Mexican police will round up illegal American migrants surging into Mexico.”

June 30, 1989, AP: U.N. OFFICIAL PREDICTS DISASTER–nations could be wiped off the face of the earth by rising sea levels if global warming is not reversed by the year 2000. Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ‘eco-refugees,’ threatening political chaos,” said Brown, director of the U.N. Environment Program. He added that governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect.

"Within a few years snowfall will become a very rare event. … Children aren’t going to know what snow is.”
David Viner, Climatic Research Unit, University of East Anglia, 20 March 2000

I do care about my children and their children as well though. Although I get your point because a nihilist autist faggot won't ever have children..

I see you are conveniently using 1970 as a starting point because that is where it gives the biggest derivative.
Even there, the current pause it much longer than the previous.

And my argument is about how all the models from the 99.9999999% consensus failed miserably.

I don't think anyone denies there was some rise in temperature in 1970-1990. That is when people started the meme of global warming, after two decades of memetics of about global cooling following the decrease in temperature previous to this period.

What about potatoes?

>skeptical science
>pushes the science that's normie-tier

Nice larp dumb fucking faggot

As a PhD student doing computational modelling, I'm keenly aware of how many biases go into setting the hyper-parameters of any model. Also in most labs the directors and professors will tell you to redo simulations until they get the desired result -- else they are 'clearly wrong'. There was a recent scandal in my field that many of the cornerstone results of the theory couldn't be replicated in well designed studies. Imagine if you create some mega Bayesian model in climate science and it says that temperature will rise 1.1 degrees and then settle there with some log log term in relation to emissions? People will ignore you and you will have trouble getting funding. If you instead create a model which you tweak until you get some feedback loop which implies a global catastrophe, you'll probably get the equivalent of a nature paper, tonnes of SJWs will share your research and money will smack you in the face.

There are always people that say shit because money and fame. It's not how soon it happens, it will happen.

So when can us tax payers get a refund on all the money wasted on Climate Change?