Is Scarlet Witch relatable?

She never had to work a single day of her life, yet lives in mansions and shit. Supposedly a gypsy, but looks as white as a woman can be. Committed genocide and killed her companions, but her punishment was a slap on the wrist. Has no problem double-timing two heroes under the justification that they are the same guy, when everyone can see how different they are.

Do you relate to any of that?

bump

Literally every x-men has never worked a day in their life and lives in a mansion. And nearly all of them have done more inane shit than Scarlet Witch has. The only relatable one is Glob Herman.

>Literally every x-men has never worked a day in their life and lives in a mansion.
Who said they are relatable?

>And nearly all of them have done more inane shit than Scarlet Witch has.
What Cyclops has ever done that was worse than Scarlet Witch?

It's a common thing with mutant characters that almost none of them have day jobs. It's weird. Like I get that being a mutant means you don't need an origin story, but most of them have no lives at all outside of being mutants.

Except those few months in the '60s when Scott was a radio DJ and Jean was a swimsuit model.

So as mutant characters go Scarlet Witch is fairly relatable. At least she had a salaried job with the Avengers, a husband, family stuff. Plus mental illness fans online relate to her breakdowns.

Scarlet Witch isn't a mutant.

> Scarlet Witch isn't a mutant.

Disney bought Fox, she's a mutant.

Does a character have to be "relatable" for you to enjoy reading about them? How do you people through life like that?

A big part of the appeal of Wanda, especially when she was with Vision, was in how weird they were, how they were outcasts who couldn't fit in anywhere, yet they found each other, and were trying to live a normal life.

Unlike most superheroes, where the important key stories are big battles, their important moments were getting to do normal-people domestic stuff like getting married, buying a house, and having babies.

>A big part of the appeal of Wanda, especially when she was with Vision, was in how weird they were, how they were outcasts who couldn't fit in anywhere, yet they found each other, and were trying to live a normal life.
She abandoned him for a Hollywood chad.

I think at this point, having fathered two entire families with two different sexy robot women, he's got her beat there.

But we are not discussing Vision, we are discussing Wanda.

Her entire appeal is her relationship with Vision? Well, she cucked him and then killed him. What is her appeal now?

>She abandoned him for a Hollywood chad.

He's not written as "Hollywood chad", he's written as a beta-orbiter who always makes his move when she's alone, hurt and vulnerable. It ends with her considering it a mistake.

Somehow this is supposed to be romantic rather than pathetic. Either writers are living vicariously through him, or they just really hated the Wanda/Vision pairing so much that they keep trying to permanently end it by doing things like this.

>they just really hated the Wanda/Vision pairing so much that they keep trying to permanently end it by doing things like this.

it really seems like there are some higher ups who just fucking hate the two of them.

fucking byrne

>It ends with her considering it a mistake.
She goes back to him every time. In her own solo she refers to Wonder Man as the love of her life. Not Vision, Wonder Man.

Interesting is more important than relatable. Wanda is interesting in how much of an unrepentant bitch she is.

>Her entire appeal is her relationship with Vision? Well, she cucked him and then killed him. What is her appeal now?

Her affair with Wonder Man was pretty much just part of the Vision/Wanda saga. Like him dating Carol during the same run. It's "romantic false lead" stuff where you have them date other people so they don't get back together too soon.

Her killing Vision was Bendis's way of saying "fuck you, fans of the traditional Avengers characters, I'm destroying your favorite lame old characters."

The whole ordeal - being used by Bendis to fuck over Avengers fans and mutant fans - just made traditional Avengers fans like her *more* because rooting for Wanda is about rooting for a whole style of Marvel comics that Disassembled/House of M tried to wipe out.

Then she had the ban on promoting shared-rights characters going against her, Remender's ham-handed writing, the Avengers office sending her solo to another editorial office with no regular artist.

Wanda fans are partly meta fans. She's an underdog in-universe but even more out-of-universe.

>The cucking is part of the saga
She never felt the need to do that to Wonder Man.

Anyway, what is her appeal now that she doesn't have Vision? She is simply someone that has never worked a day of her life and gets away with crimes.

>In her own solo she refers to Wonder Man as the love of her life. Not Vision, Wonder Man.

What issue was that in?

Yeah, I don't recall that at all. Her psychiatrist referred to Williams as "your other love" and that's about it.

Remender's Uncanny Avengers hit "Simon is her true love" really hard but he and John Byrne are the only writers who have really tried to make that case, and it never made sense, which is why the last issue of the series broke them up.

He tried to be right.

So, what is her appeal now that Simon is her true love?

If nothing else, she never cucked Simon nor killed him.

This explains why there are MCU Wanda stans even though she's barely done anything yet. We're reacting to the fact that she's in the MCU at all when every corporate step Marvel took from 2004-2014 suggested she should never have been there.

Bendis treated her as the most expendable character in Marvel, she wasn't allowed to be in the Avengers cartoons, she wasn't even allowed to be in the Marvel Adventures Avengers comics, but somehow she wound up an Avenger in the MCU because Joss Whedon is a '70s kid.

yep, kinda the same deal with Viz.

Writers who aren't Remender have mostly gone back to signaling that she still has feelings for Vision.

Being a fan of any Big Two character sometimes involves an element of "ignore the one stupid writer whose ideas don't make sense."

...but what is her appeal? She is a woman that never had to work a day in her life, lives like a princess, gets away with murder and cucked a good man for a Hollywood chad.

What is her appeal?

Even Remender only said he was her "true love" in an interview, he never got it into a comic.

No-one addressed her feelings for him again until Zub, who had her again consider it a mistake.

>It's a common thing with mutant characters that almost none of them have day jobs. It's weird. Like I get that being a mutant means you don't need an origin story, but most of them have no lives at all outside of being mutants.

For mutants who did stuff before the X-men we get retarded things like "he was a thief guild member" or "she was a child prostitute" so that's probably a good thing.

How many times is she willing to commit this mistake?

>but most of them have no lives at all outside of being mutants.

outside of being X-Men. like Kurt was in the circus, Wolverine was working for Canadian government, Colossus was working his family farm, Storm was being a goddess, (I can't remember Warbird or Sunfire) when they got recruited by Xavier. Xavier also gets em young so they grow up in X-Men.

The Hellfire Club is all mutants who have generic evil money jobs, there's an example

>...but what is her appeal? She is a woman that never had to work a day in her life, lives like a princess, gets away with murder and cucked a good man for a Hollywood chad.

Her appeal is trying to live a normal life even though she has a crazy dangerous job, a ridiculous backstory, and a robot husband. Vision really wants to be normal. She's not sure how normal she wants to be. Both relatable.

Also being an Avenger is a salaried job.

>She is a woman that never had to work a day in her life,

How does being an Avenger not count as work? How does risking your life fighting to protect the world not count as work? A character doesn't need to have a boring menial day-job to count as having a job.

>lives like a princess,

The Avengers get their own room within a mansion, but most of the building is given over to the team's equipment, facilities, training, etc. It's more like living in a fancy-looking barracks than living like royalty.

>gets away with murder

The blame has been retconned onto Doom. No-one's holding a grudge except X-Men and X-fags,

>and cucked a good man for a Hollywood chad.

If only someone would retcon this as well.

>scott radio dj

kek, can you share some panels?

Why is that relatable?

>How does being an Avenger not count as work? How does risking your life fighting to protect the world not count as work? A character doesn't need to have a boring menial day-job to count as having a job.
The Justice League still has to work to have money. If it doesn't count to the League, why would it count for Wanda?

>How much longer is Tom Brevoort going to work for Marvel?
>How many more idiots will Marvel hire to write Avengers?
>How many more times will those idiots revisit a story no-one liked the first two times?

These are the questions you should be asking.

I liked the Scott Summers Show when it was about the music, before he got all political.

She's an uppity cunt. Magik is superior.

>Posting pics from Beast's dream and trying to pass it off as the real Wanda

You got caught doing this before, user. Why did you think you'd get away with it?

>She never had to work a single day of her life, yet lives in mansions and shit.
Shes living the gypo dream.

That's Beast's dream sequence.

Kind of reinforces why Wanda fans root for her. While she was banned from comics the X-Men books did everything they possibly could to hype her up as the worst person in mutant history. No one should be able to come back from that, let alone get popular again.

So yeah, the fact that she was portrayed as a genocidal bitch actually makes fans like her (and hate Bendis and the X-writers) more.

God, I need to do a full Uncanny X-men reading one day
thanks

Polaris is better

When will she pay for her crimes? She literally killed millions?

It was Doom's fault.

I know that doesn't make sense but neither does her motivation for saying No More Mutants in the first place, so nobody cares.

Still waiting for a proper showdown between the two.

>So yeah, the fact that she was portrayed as a genocidal bitch actually makes fans like her (and hate Bendis and the X-writers) more.

So her fans are basically contrarians who can't accept that she is a terrible character. Got it.

>No-one addressed her feelings for him again until Zub, who had her again consider it a mistake.
Wanda only broke up with Simon so she could sleep with the black guy.

Is this Wanda's appeal now? The black voodoo man?

I hope Jean will fuck her shit up

>What is her appeal?

It's OK to be gay, user.

Everyone needs to have at least one character they like better than the writers.

Is that her appeal? Being the Avengers' bicycle that dresses like a hooker?

it's crazy how powerful wanda is

magik is a certified jobber but holy shit, the soulsword alone is one of the most powerful relics of the marvel universe, and illyana high on phoenix cosmic drug should have been the scariest shit around

Magik got fucked by Black Widow, while fighting in limbo.

I think even I would be able to stomp her.

Wanda is still stupid fucking powerful tho. remember that one time she fucking rewrote the world?

waifufaggotry

well, that fight was just illyana memeing natasha while chatting in russian

also, I think that, even since she returned, she lost the "omnipotence in limbo"

She was never that powerful before. One reason her fans tend to write it off as Bendis not knowing who the character is.

Everyone thinks she's typically that powerful because that's the only story she was in for years, but from 1964-2004 she could barely handle the Wrecking Crew.

The most plausible fan theory is to blame it on her trip to the DC Universe in 2003 when she got hopped up on DC Universe magic.

You know that Wanda usually isn't that powerful? It was literally the only time she was that powerful and she used that power to genocide a race and kill her husband and friends.

So I take it that the only people who hate Wanda are butthurt xfags?

>She never had to work a single day of her life, yet lives in mansions and shit.
>Do you relate to any of that?

yeah actually

Then she is a character for the 1%?

You can't have it both ways. Either Scarlet bitch is naturally powerful enough to rewrite the world AND is solely responsible for M Day, or it was just a temporary power up and everything was orchestrated by Doom.

Well, there was that one user who hated her for dumping Wonderman, but that was probably Brevoort, not a human.

It's just X-fags, too scared to accept the retcon, move on, and fight Doomfags instead.

Not sure about the x-fags hating her, some people just dislike her roles on both avengers and in the mutant affairs

I think most x-fags actually wanted Wanda to be more involved in the x-stuff, like brotherhood wanda, more polaris x wanda relationship, more daddy issues

I love the theory that the last Marvel/DC crossover was responsible for every bad thing that happened in Marvel after 2004, but they can't say so until the companies patch up their differences (or until Disney buys DC).

No More Mutants was her 'Hank slapped Jan' moment. No matter what, that's all she'll be. They really shouldn't use her at all.

>I think most x-fags actually wanted Wanda to be more involved in the x-stuff, like brotherhood wanda, more polaris x wanda relationship, more daddy issues

TY Bendis

Bendis?

Nobody knows how her powers work so every writer just makes up his own.

Christopher Priest I think wins the "worst explanation of her powers" trophy (the terrible Bart Sears art was not his fault though)

She caused the death of many mutant younglings.

>Literally every x-men has never worked a day in their life and lives in a mansion. And nearly all of them have done more inane shit than Scarlet Witch has. The only relatable one is Glob Herman.
It's for this reason that I hate the X-Men as a whole. They may have had their place in history decades ago, but current SJW culture makes them irrelevant. Currently, the X-Men seem like a goddamn cult with a superiority complex and they seem themselves as completely separate from humanity even though they are FUCKING HUMANS WITH A MUTATION!!! Not a superior race

For comics fans, the MCU captured a lot of the best aspects of them both, and treated them better than the comics have done in decades.

For people introduced to them through the MCU, they haven't done a lot yet, but they've balanced the appeal of portraying them as two of the more powerful Avengers, with them being emotionally vulnerable. Their scenes in Civil War have the two weirdest Avengers doing the most normal, human things. If Infinity War gives them more screen time, they could become a lot more popular.

I feel like Doom lied and Scott and Logan seem to agree with me and children's crusade.
Maybe he genuinely was sweet for her, or at least he knew everyone hated him, so no point in hating her too, he might as well take all the blame because it'd make no difference for him.
Doom likes Wanda, Doom likes Wanda, Doom likes Wanda, lalalalalala

>Her affair with Wonder Man was pretty much just part of the Vision/Wanda saga. Like him dating Carol during the same run. It's "romantic false lead" stuff where you have them date other people so they don't get back together too soon.

This just made it even worse. It had been almost a decade since Byrne broke them up, they were just starting a slow build towards a reunion, then Busiek stopped that, because he thought they needed to date other people for a few years rather than "get back together too soon".

Whether he meant to or not, he did them a lot of damage. And made people like Remender think Wonder Man was Wanda's "true love".

Children's Crusade raised the idea that Doom may have lied, but everything since has treated it as truth, because it needs to be true for Wanda to be a heroine again and for people to stop hating her.

It didn't entirely work because you just can't reason with angry X-fags.

At this point Wanda will have to destroy the Infinity Gauntlet in the movies to get a push in the comics.

It's annoying how all of the other characters in the movies got pushed except her.

Wanda was pushed. She had her first solo book ever.

Not Marvel's fault that no over cares enough about her to buy her books.

it ran like 14 issues, that's not bad

America levels.

Kenan Kong was created less than two years ago and does better than her.

Part of it is the Ike/Fox feud, which is why Pietro is lucky he wasn't killed in the comics for MCU synergy.
Part of it is people within Marvel hating Wanda, whether it's because of Decimation, or because Wanda/Vision is too weird for them and they hate them both.

Her best hope is for Yoshida to clear out Marvel editorial and the current writers as well.

Literally tried to burn the entire planet to death?

Do the X-men not realize that being an avenger is a salaried job? And she lives in a mansion because an anti mutant riot burned her house down. That might be something you guys can relate to.

Relatability is a meme

"Attempted planet burning," Now, honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel Prize for Attempted Chemistry?

Are you pretending to be retarded?
Batman's "work" is pretending to be lazy as shit for hs cover while Lucius Fox and company do all the work. The only one who can even fire him is himself.
Diana has no civilian identity and doesn't work.
Cyborg is basically the ultimate NEET
Hal's work has always counted as his job and the GL corps theoretically pays him. Let's not pretend he isn't a homeless bum otherwise.
Arthur is actual royalty which you apparently think means he doesn't have to work.
Superman is the only one in the justice league that actually holds down a regular job.
Would you prefer the time he managed to get literally every persecuted refugee mutant from across the multiverse sent back to their deaths?

Diana is an ambassador.

Hal is a pilot for Ferris' Air.

Barry is a forensic scientist.

Clark is an investigative reporter.

So why hasn't anyone killed her or depowered her for all the shit she has done? A line has to be drawn at point.

cause if we start an all out manhunt on her, she might do some other crazy shit

Diana almost never does shit with her ambassadorial job outside of the justice league which you claim doesn't count.
Hal is always laid off from there. That hardly counts as a job.
Barry has nonstop super speed so he can maintain multiple jobs easily unlike everyone else.
I already mentioned Clark which indicates you either aren't actually reading anything and happen to be giving generic responses or don't care for the sake of trying to present your incorrect viewpoint as correct.

Is Batman relatable?

He never had to work a single day of his life, yet lives in mansions and shit. Supposedly a ninja, but looks as white as a man can be. Hasn't even got any parents.

Do you relate to any of that?

I think Thunderbird was a war vet feeling restless on the reservation

I don't remember the details but i recall some user pointed out years ago that the avengers started trying to act more like the justice leage after JLA/Avengers. Thor started going down to africa to end droughts and stuff like that because he saw the JLA were able to help when not fighting monsters..

He could have been the chance that the Chocolate Covered Ashcan needed to make it on to the airwaves. Shame.

It's a good thing that Dazzler didn't need to depend on him

What is it about Magneto that leads to all of his kids being a little loopy?

Not at all. She has magic.