First three episodes were 10/10 kino material

>first three episodes were 10/10 kino material
>next 7 slowed things down with an awful forced romance plot
it still hurts

Rewatch the first episode. It's not that good.

EVERYBODY

Too much dialogue ruined this season imho.

Episode one could have done with more quiet, like says, season 5 shied away from not having music or people talking in a way the first four seasons didn't.
That being said episodes 1-3 were awesome, and OP is right.

i'm over it.

I thought it was good until episode 7. Episode 8 is when things started to get really bad.

I tried to rewatch the whole series recently and its just not worth it. So many episodes just add nothing.

I'm just happy the show got a ending for closure. Hopefully adult swim saw the revival as successful and give sym bionic titan a season or two .

>t. tumblrfag
>a show without continuity
>many episodes add nothing
Who would have thought?

While I agree it got worse as it went on, the only episode I consider unacceptably terrible is the finale.

>uses tumblrfag as an insult
Come up with an argument, thanks.

Well don't you know user, everything has to have an overarching story nowadays! Even shows that really shouldn't under any circumstances.

>Sup Forums: episodes 1-3 great, episodes 4-10 terrible
>tumblr: episodes 1-7 great, episodes 8-10 terrible
That's why you're a tumblrfag.

Why is it that tumblr likes those episodes in the middle but not Sup Forums?

Samurai Jack isn't AtLA, and season 5 is LoK. Stop trying to turn it into Legend of Korra; it will never be Legend of Korra.

>Episode one could have done with more quiet
I disagree; that episode had plenty of quiet. All the dialogue in or feels on par with was to be expected of the original Samurai Jack.

Except there are many parallels in both cases, and the continuation of each suffered from many of the same issues.

It's not the same, and Sup Forums won't ever look at it the same way they did with Korra.

Objectivity wrong.

Sup Forums universally hates all of LOK and episodes 4-10 of SJ season 5.

So it pretty much already does.

Two reasons:
1. Sup Forums has a much more critical eye towards writing failures in general (albeit still very flawed)
2. Tumblr absolutely despises Jashi (episode 8+)

Episode 5 was pretty awful too.

First three episodes were god tier, season was still decent and watchable until Jack got his sword back. Funny how "growing the beard" is a term used to describe a TV show getting better and SJ immediately went to shit the moment Jack lost his beard.

SJ won't be on the same level until we get a greentext of Ashi's baby daughter sucking his dick. Face it; the "cultural" impact LoK had on Sup Forums is miles ahead of what SJ ever did here.

I disagree, particularly the montage of him traveling on the bike to music, it seemed so at odds with the many scenes of him quietly walking through forests or other scenes of nature in seasons 1-4. Just the loud bike would have created the contrast with them, the music was just there unnecessarily.
I'm not trying to say everything should be silent, but I felt 1-4 had a better understanding of when to use ambient sound and when to use music or effects.

episodes 1-3 are overrated
episodes 4-7 are rated fine
episodes 8-10 are underrated

>t. Genndy

I have to concede that; music playing over the bike riding felt unnecessary considering how Jack wasn't in a hurry and nothing of real substance happened in that scene. However, that's the only scene I can recall where there isn't enough silence; the rest of the episode is perfectly balanced, in my opinion at least.

Episode 9 was pretty good; not spectacular but I thought it was alright. Then again, you have to deal with the butthurt guardianfags.

>butthurt guardianfags
I can agree that there was too much hype over the Guardian but the whole thing was extremely poorly handled by season 5, objectively speaking.

Tumblr actually agrees with that? Fuck.

I honestly thought that the Guardian being dead was the series finally deciding whether Jack would make it back or not; finally reaching a compromise. That's one more reason why I am sure that Jack going back to the past was a last minute decision out of fear of pissing off the fans for not accomplishing the one goal the show had always had.

I am not too bothered by this and although I would have preferred Jack to stay in the future I am okay with his return, even though I wish they hadn't misled us like that.

Ehh Samurai Jack always had weaker episodes, the quality of season 5 was pretty consistent with the rest of the show

I agree with the rest, that scene just stuck out so much. I just loved 1-4 for being one of the few shows, especially cartoons that allowed silence, and that felt like such a missed opportunity.
The river scene in episode 3 and tea making scene felt like the only ones in season 5 but even the tea scene/spiritual journey only does it in contrast with the violence.

I have already shared my idea on how to improve the season greatly regarding the atmosphere and character interaction, and that would be by making Ashi a mute. Similar to Cassandra Cain.

It was so fucking pointless to make the first episodes edgy, neither seasons before it or most episodes after it did anything remotely edgy. The blood was out of place as shit, and while it worked when he "they're just robots" and cut that bitch's neck and it freaked him out, it didn't work for anything else and having the main promo art of the season have him out of a blood shower was fucking stupid.

ROCK YOUR BODY

Op is correct. If only we got the bloody grueling series we were promised. If only Ashi was killed with the rest of her sisters...

It's still a good show.

Sort of. Season 5 really destroys the experience and makes it difficult to fully enjoy the old seasons

Season was too short to have an overarching plot, it made the story feel rushed and undeveloped.
Jack and Ashi's relationship was painfully forced for the little time they spend together.
"Power of love" beating out Aku's influence was a really weak cop-out.
Dropped plots from previous seasons that were unused or used poorly or not addressed at all (looking at you Old King Jack).
The ending being absolute shit ("i-if Aku doesn't exist t-then I can't either")

The length of the season had nothing to do with its quality, except sparing us from having to suffer through even more garbage episodes. Stop making excuses for Genndy.

>looking at you Old King Jack
stop speaking like this

>majority of the show is filler with only one character besides Jack getting any actual character development
what did you expect
gennedy is good at making pretty-looking landscapes and great action, but he can't write a serious plot for shit

PUT YOUR HANDS UP
SAA FLYING
TSUBASA NI NARE

By the logic of your pic, we should have hated the Hey Arnold movie and pretty much everything else.

Original SJ didn't need a "serious" plot, the writing it already had was stellar for the show's concept.

I will always be salty about the ending. The first few eps of season five were so good....then....what did people do to deserve this??

this obnoxious typing bastard really made it hard to criticize Ashi, as if her waifufags didn't already

It as good but as the premier episode of the return, it didn't live up to the height. Ep. 2 sure brought it back though.

*hype

God damn spell collector

DANCE,
EVERYBODY MOVE,
EVERYBODY GO

The finale was godawful, what are you taking about?

I was fine with Ashi becoming the love interest. What I wasn't fine with was Ashi becoming a Deus ex Machina. What I REALLY wasn't fine with was the fact that Jack just didn't kill Aku in the future and stay with his friends instead of going back and ruining all that character development. What I REALLY FUCKING WASN'T FINE WITH was the fact that they still killed Ashi months later after Aku's death just for shock value.

>The warrior spirit with the horns was hyped up since the reveal and he did fuck all and was killed in a single blow
>All of Jack's inner demons are resolved by him shooting eye beams at them
>The entire plot of Jack dealing with the fact that he killed people for the first time is completely dropped two minutes into episode 4 and never brought up again

Genndy is a hack that can barely remember his own show's storyline. He relies on tropes and scenery to cover for the bad plot and flintstones tier animation.
I can't fathom why samurai jack fans parade jack around as some kind of mature, deep masterpiece. Even as a kid I knew the show was shallow.
Don't get me wrong I liked the show in the same way I liked dexters lab, it was a fun time waster for a kid. As soon as I discovered anime it became apparent how shallow jack was. If you compare it to any serious anime you'll know what I mean. The fight scenes were ruined by the stiff animation and serious moments were ruined by cheap stock sounds and obnoxious voice acting.
The revival has taken on a more serious tone, but still suffers from the same problems. The animation is cheap and riddled with errors, the sound effects are stock and the writing is subpar. Compare Jack to berserk, it's clear that Jack is nowhere near that quality.
How anyone could be sad about episode 4 being delayed is beyond me, I don't understand how anyone could put this show on a pedestal. I guess that speaks more about the dry spell of good cartoons in the west than it does them though.
It's not a surprise to see him fumble with the ending, copied of an anime too and managed to do it worse in every single way.
He honestly should have stayed at sony making adam sandler movies.

He was never going to stay in the fucking future. Anyone who thought he would was deluded, including you. Making a few friends does not outweigh the suffering of worlds, plural, for millennia under Aku.

The really sad thing is, this copypasta is unironically right.

>Green Samurai riding just within view
>mysterious and can be interpreted in many ways
>oh it's just another, green instead of blue, manifestation of his suicidal guilt

Episode 10 was the most insulting fucking ending they could have possibly given us

I'm sure if they handled him going back to the past with more care this shit wouldn't be an issue. Maybe give goodbyes after defeating future aku... and not have this character arc about Jack enjoying the future that he's helped rebuild.

The issue with SJ is that it took 2 paths when it should've taken one. Was it a split timeline where save the future then go to the past, or does it just undo everything? We see him choose saving/helping others over going home all the time, and then sometimes it's "fuck them if I get home the future wont exist anyway", it never should've been both. It's insult to injury that they added this underlying theme of saving the future, and seeing all Jack's done to help it, just to say "nah go back to the past and undo it for the greater good" when it seemed like it was about to be a rebuild the future move on from the past thing, and with Aku just being a fragment of a evil ball that went elsewhere, that'd have been the best course of action instead of beating his portion and ignoring the rest like it never happened

i actually watched the new season not too long ago for the first time, it was weird how it seemed to be going one way then veered hard in another direction.

my favorite part though is
>le dues ex machina sword :^)

I think the worst thing about it is the fact that the fight scenes after episode 4 sucked fucking ass. The fight with the samurai warrior spirit was just lazy, Ashi's fight with the orcs was a joke and the finale was just insulting.

It felt like a woman made an SJ fanfic and inserted a form of herself to fight off her mom and beat up the local creeps, and how her out of her sisters/siblings was the special

Nope. It was legitimately Genndy's waifu insert. It was Cartoon Network that originally talked Genndy down from the love interest character back in the original run, and Adult Swim gave him too much creative freedom.

>Adult Swim gave him too much creative freedom.
they didn't even watch the finale before it aired because muh hype, that's unheard of

>Adult Swim gave him too much creative freedom.
It should never have gone on AS at all, making 4 seasons Y7 and one randomly TV-14 is retarded.

I can't wait for the day when all retards who use "kino" commit suicide.

>t. uncultured swine

It was a 10/10 show
Only lonely faggots think otherwise
Fuck you

Even the first 4 seasons aren't 10/10, nostalgiafag

I liked everything and theres nothing you can do muahahahaha

No, fuck you, I would rather have no closure than the shit S5 made.

Comics had the better ending.

The comics didn't have much more of an ending than the original seasons did, though. They basically might as well not have existed in that sense.

Comic ending has Jack deliver a speech about how the past cannot be changed, and that the people had to fight Aku here and now, and ended with them rushing to Aku's castle.

Now at the times I wasn't really impressed by it, but it's load better than the shitty S5 ending. For starter, it doesn't end with literally all the supporting cast either dead or erased from existence.

>>b-but it's in the original show opener
Ashi should have disappeared as soon as Aku died.

Pretty sure we all agree on that, user, pastfags and futurefags alike.

Still pisses me off that she appeared for even half a second after Aku was killed. She should have stopped existing immediately, which Jack shouldn't have cared about.

This is what happens when you time travel but don't set up rules.

Why do you have to still poke the wound Sup Forums? Why won't you just let me forget?

>t. cancerous Sup Forums retard who should die and become food for stray dogs