Was anyone else disappointed with how little the other Daughters of Aku and the Mother actually mattered

Was anyone else disappointed with how little the other Daughters of Aku and the Mother actually mattered.

We had all this build up and in the end they did nothing.

After the 3rd episode I was convinced we would have an entire episode dedicated to Jack finding their temple and facing down the rest of the cult.

I didn't think for one minute they'd matter.

Because Aku doesn't give a shit about anybody.

Some loopy ass cultist want some of the infinite resource I have to honor my name? Whatever, have it you loopy ass broads, you'll probably be dead before you figure out how to use it anyway... If I don't directly kill you for mildly annoying me.

how did this show end up being so kino for the first 3 episodes but became dogshit for the final 7?

It is all the fault of Ashi.

No. Mystery is a good thing.

Yeah. The whole occult subplot basically became an afterthought with the mother randomly showing up just to get killed off in the most anti climatic way possible. All of the darker, more interesting themes built up in the first few episodes were either severely cheapened or scrapped all together by the second half of the season. Ashi was a mistake.

I wouldn't say dogshit. They were still head and shoulders above most other shows in quality.

But yeah they were not as good as episode 2&3.

When that music hit.

It's because of Ashi. More specifically that her arc is so rushed that the slow build up of the Daughters of Aku completely loses its weight. Looking back it definitely seems like the creative team was trying to have a dichotomy between Jack and Ashi, where the former is trying to reaffirm abandoned beliefs while the latter is trying to abandon entrenched beliefs. Unfortunately two episodes were wasted on flashbacks we didn't need to see, and shipping that didn't need to happen. I'd kill to have those two episodes replaced with more Daughters of Aku and more Omen, and how they relate to their respective character's past.

The original seasons had two very different types of episodes: Minimalist episodes and scenario-driven episodes. The first three episodes of the new season were channeling the former, while most of what followed was channeling the later.

good grief. I simply appreciate that SJ got an actual ending and reached his goal.
Hell some of us are still waiting for those 5 remaining Treasures of Rule.

Why are there so many namefags all of a sudden? It's on practically every board too. Like an epidemic

Remember when Jack was going to go back in time and adopt them all?

That's so cute. Way better than whatever the fuck we got.

Focused far too much on a new character rather than the show's namesake.

>little girl becomes woman and falls in love with father figure
i'm okay with this

Does anybody have the one with the scary wolf man trying to eat them and Jack cuts his fuckin' arm off?

The way they handled the priestess was so hilariously flaccid that I don't know why they just didn't bother giving her character resolution. It's not like she was that big of a loose end that needed to be tied up.

>F-fuck off! Ashi and jack have a father-daughter relationship, he is too old for her shitlords!

B

T

F

O

>After the 3rd episode I was convinced we would have an entire episode dedicated to Jack finding their temple and facing down the rest of the cult.
Because that would have made sense. A lot more than Ashi randomly fighting her mother alone, after an episode full of her beating the shit out of orcs.

>A lot more than Ashi randomly fighting her mother alone, after an episode full of her beating the shit out of orcs.
She grew stronger the closer she got to Aku.

I read somewhere that Genndy originally wanted Season 5 to be a movie, but the executives of Adult Swim changed to fit an episodic format.
The first three episodes are cinematic and well-paced, unlike the rest of the episodes. That's a strong enough hint of the change in production.