/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

DECAPITATION! Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars #42 (Wed 17)
Star Wars Adventures #6 (Wed 17)
Forces of Destiny: Rose & Paige (Wed 17)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi Secrets Explained
youtube.com/watch?v=p09c0MXDxto

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14832062
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/star-wars-last-jedi-laura-dern-admiral-holdo-listen-to-women
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Chelli!

Second for Sith Lords

>when one of your friends says 'it was ESB, I was hoping Snoke was someone related to Rey, that would have saved the movie'

>when she feels the "force" inside of her

can we have a thread dedicated to star wars raimiposting

>larsh hill gets decapitated in front of plagueis

That looks fucking awful

This is for all the TLJ haters. Luke Skywalker is portrayed as a flawed human being who is capable of the same black and white morality choices that faced his father, and isn't shown as some immortal infinite power space wizard paragon of righteousness. Instead he experiences character development as he comes to grips with his own failures, and learns from them, making his failures part of his life lesson and experiencing catharsis, as his internalized battle is won and he simply moves on peacefully.
They draw a subtle parallel back to anakin skywalker's struggle and fall. Just because Luke blew up the emperor and faced his father didn't mean his own struggles were done and he was somehow now the perfect person

Because that's what you shitheads wanted: A gary stu, incapable of doing wrong, who would "never" make a flawed choice or feel anger or succumb to the dark side even for a second. You somehow think that when Luke Skywalker, who was tempted in his original trilogy and struck down the vaderbot in anger, is confronted with Baby Hitler and sees a future where billions of people will die all because of one child that has already passed to the dark side, that he wouldn't consider even for a moment whether he should strike him down then and there and save the galaxy. When the moral weight is so incredibly skewed to killing one person to save billions, and you think the guy who experienced the first empire and the heavy costs of its downfall, wouldn't be tempted?

A cute pagoda, but not as good as the real life thing.

Is this a pasta?

has there ever been a fan redesign that's actually good?

I feel like they invariably ruin whatever design they're aping, to the point where they make the unused concept arts - which are typically awful, that being the reason they tend to go unused - look good by comparison

Another one bites the dust.

Rest in peace Best Leader

Join the Service Corps today!

also when I say this I mean fan REdesign - where they try to take some design that already exists and try to change it to suit their tastes or otherwise "improve" it

this is not referring to wholly original fan designs, which naturally run the gamut from good to bad

Aren't these the rejects

TLJ Sucks you have to accept that, they dropped the ball on this with having two different people directing and allowing hollywood to stick their jews noses in the plot.

At this point I'm personally done with it, I alone won't be heard and there is no saving this. My best course is not to feed the machine with my money.

No.

Damn..

Only 8 husbandos remain. Which one will come out triumphant?

Exactly! never let your lives be wasted, we're here to put you to work. Who NEEDS to be regular old Jedi Guardian anyway? Why not explore? Or heal? or study, forever! Only in the Service Corps!

Also, you can grow food or whatever.

That's my boy

Round 25!

>Lando's charm and winning smile has taken him far... but will it be enough to beat Captain Rex?
strawpoll.me/14832062

Posting article screenshots should be bannable.

I'll just become a Bounty Hunter instead, thanks

>some people hate it because of how they wrote luke
>must be sexist pigs!

>others hate it for the legitimately bad writing
>you're just a memer who's nostalgic for old luke! grow up.

I hate nu-star wars and its fans, along with everyone that goes to those 'celebration' events

Luke is gonna win the husbando tourney because "boohoo he ded now" isn't he?

Hooray the same argument as to why folks hated Ghostbusters '16.

>the past 26 years of my life have been false
damn, I guess it's time to stop fapping to slave leia and start sucking dicks

>people being baited this easily

> nfw only one voting for lando

fuc u

>disinfo.com
Literal who website that managed to trigger a couple of S'oy-Bo'ys

>3 female characters die
>most of the major characters are men, with one major OT female character taking a backseat through most of the movie
>"you hate it because you hate women"
?

Remember to vote against forced diversity

Source pls.

I don't hate women, I just hate that I will never be a qt lesbian

Is Rex on Endor or is that just a meme?

female characters die
Wait, make that 4 although I don't think Phasma will remain dead

Anyone who has the name "Thad" doesn't actually care about or believe in this shit. He just acts like he does because he thinks it could help him get into women's pants.

>another guy that wants to be a hot lesbian
this general ain't big enough for the two of us pardner...take this ERP shit to /aco/ or /trash/ where it belongs, I love kinky perverted shit but it doesn't belong here

well get on your knees and start deep throating that saber boi

The article is clickbait as fuck but I have seen people here bitching that it's SJW STRONG WOMYN propaganda

We need more Trandoshans operating innagalaxy

W-which one do i vote for then?

>Temuera Morrison clone vs Billy Dee
>vote against forced diversity

uhh

Not the nigger

>neither character is white

Yeah, but it doesn't add up, by the end of the movie there are more dead women than men. It's like saying Jurassic World is feminist when that one chick got the most brutal death in the series, doesn't make a lick of sense.
Also like I said most of the major plot-moving characters are men.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBUT THEYRE BOTH THE SAME SHADE OF BROWN

Dwayne is the key to all of this.

But neither of them are force sensitive.

> Morrison
>irish & scottish decent

>"not the nigger"

uhhh

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/star-wars-last-jedi-laura-dern-admiral-holdo-listen-to-women

The media push on this film was a strange one.

>against forced diversity
>resulted in Boba Fetts race changing

You're right, but there's people who get triggered really easily.
Movie has relatively strong female characters? THIS IS FEMINIST TUMBLR BULLSHIT!
People hating a movie that has relatively strong female characters? YOU JUST HATE WOMEN YOU MRA MYSOGYNIST!

He was never a Mando to begin with. Let it go.

Sup Forums in general is incredibly easy to bait for some reason.

>vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/star-wars-last-jedi-laura-dern-admiral-holdo-listen-to-women

kek, did they just ignore that her plan failed just as horribly as whatshisname? Or that her only way to succeed was to kill herself?

Really makes ya think

Her plan only failed because DJ sold them out, though

That's not what he's referring to.

>ywn be Sabine and get taken on fun sexual adventures by Aphra

Just end me

Reminder to vote for best clone

>Star Destroyers have hat day too

>this will never be you

Well it's been a good one user, see you all on the other side

Sure, user. Sure. it's a joke

>But Rian pulled his story out of his ass!
>Based George would have made the ST completely differently!

fucking called>98084011

I'll be honest, I don't remember much of her plan. TLJ was a blur of non-sequential moments like the 'convenient' scene movements from TFA.

I remember the fleet of mini not-GR-75s, and just leaving the ship or something, can't really recall much else of the 'plan'.

>take that ridiculous thing off

George still would have done it better than Rian.

Filoni wants it happen, and has teased us with a Rebels character sheet of Rex in an Endor-ish outfit, but I don't think we've seen anything yet that outright confirms or intentionally implies that he was on Endor.

Looks like a battleship.

>dat Ewana

Her plan was to let the shuttles escape to Crait cloaked while she drew the fire of the Supremacy and Star Destroyers.

If Finn and Rose had actually found the Master Codebreaker, or never trusted DJ, or never left at all, Holdo's plan would have worked. The Resistance would have all made it to Crait while Holdo keeps going until the Raddus runs out of fuel and gets obliterated.

Her plan was to evacuate to Crait on smaller ships, since the First Order wouldn't be scanning for escape ships and would just keep shooting the Raddus. They'd slip to Crait unnoticed, wait for the First Order to pass, and call for help.

It would've worked if DJ hadn't told the First Order to check for escape ships.

I don't think TLJ sucks because of Luke. It sucks because of Rey, Rose and general social justicey crap shoehorned into the star wars universe.

>been a month since TLJ came out
>still have Sup Forums shitting up /swco/

I thought we got rid of them after Christmas why are they back fuck

>social justicey crap

user, Sup Forums's been here since TFA, and they first came around the time Celebration Anaheim happened before that.

Better a faggot than a soyboy sjw or a feminist.

Seriously, just think about it.
Male characters in the TLJ:
>Luke
Main character, actor gets top billing, most of the plot revolves around him
>Kylo
Main character, gets his own subplot and plot also revolves around that subplot
>Finn
Main character, has his own subplot
>Poe
Main character, has his own subplot
>Hux
Secondary character, doesn't have a subplot
>Snoke
Secondary character, doesn't have a subplot, dies unceremoniously
>DJ
Secondary character, doesn't have a subplot but is plot relevant

Now let's look at the women:
>Rey
Main character but actress doesn't get top billing despite being arguably the protagonist, most of her plot and development is centered around two male characters (Luke and Kylo)
>Leia
Overglorified secondary character to Poe's subplot, has no real development or subplot of her own
>Holdo
Secondary character to Poe's subplot, has a memorable death scene but is dead by the end of the film nevertheless
>Rose
Secondary character to Finn's subplot and his "love interest" (?). Another female character dies to give her a motivation but despite this the character goes through little to no character development (maybe even character regression?)
>Phasma
Overglorified minor character, appears to as a minor antagonist to Finn's subplot and then dies (maybe?)
>Tallie
Minor character, dies unceremoniously
>Paige
Minor character, dies to give another female character motivation

Most male characters are major and have their own subplot, most female characters are secondary or minor and only act as supporting characters or die. I'm actually amazed that tumblr or twitter or whatnot aren't lambasting this movie for this (not that I care).

The movie's portrayal of women is fucking pathetic, so I don't think that's why.

>not that I care
And yet look at your effortpost about it

considering it wasen't until AotC that we saw Boba's skin color its not really a race change

It didn't take that long, and most of the post I came up with while taking a walk.

Someone will. That's why Hollywood is currently in the process of entraping every male actor in one scandal after another until the entire male gender has been blacklisted from the industry, so you have no choice but to enjoy all movies with a female cast.

not really
maybe someone working with George and helping refine his idea's would have done it nicer but any good star wars fan knows that Lucas works best as part of a committee

>If you didn't like The Last Jedi, you're Sup Forums
About on par with the clickbait articles saying people hated it because they hate women

Didn't like TLJ but can discuss it like a normal person? You might be a regular.
Didn't like TLJ but can't discuss it without accusing anyone who disagrees of being a Disney shill, bitching about SJWs, or insisting that Star Wars is over and dead? Yeah, you're from Sup Forums.

>clickbait articles saying people hated it because they hate women
user its satire

Reminder, THIS is a Star Wars games.

And if you underage faggots reply with "edgy" or "not canon" go suck dick behind Hardee's.

Rey, Holdo, and Rose all do stupid or bad things in the movie and it's not even addressed, they just get treated like heros anyways

What social justicey crap?

And I just don't get the Rose hate. She's not a bad character. You can argue a pointless one, but that of its self doesn't make her bad.

Just look at Rey. Noe that is a bad character, but even TLJ does some salvage work on her. Yet she still feels like she's just there. Unlike Rose who actually filled a purpose.

Edgy. Not canon. Will gladly suck Ahsoka's dick behind Hardee's.

Good shit.
>ywn be able to decapitate someone in a SW game ever again