Let's have an X-Men thread boys

Let's have an X-Men thread boys

I liked Jean better when she ways dead

What is the best X-Men cartoon for somebody who doesn't read X-Men comics?

THESE Sentinels were superior to the comicbooks. Intimidating, Nightmarish, & and Struck Fear. They made you fear for your life as a viewer.

Plus they didn't talk. They just got shit done.

X-Men: Evolution. And the X-Men Anime. Both great with interesting arc.

The 90s TAS. It covers a bunch of Claremont stories and Claremont was the best writer the franchise ever had.

Evolution is fine. Its came about during the movies just coming out and WB was obsessed with putting the superheroes in highschool but it worked for the show since the X-men is about a fucking school for mutants. the lack of the Logan-Jean-Scott love triangle is most welcome too

WATXM is okay if you can stomach Wolverine being a mary sue. the bad future parts are the best parts. and it does bring Emma into the good guy fold for the first time.

You should read the comics though

Thanks. I know I sjould read the comics, it is just so fucking extensive and my current pull list is big enough as it is. I might grab the two Grand Design issues - as I understand that is a brief history of X-Men?

Lobdell is the best writer the franchise ever had because Age of Apocalypse is the height of the franchise

God I want more of the anime badly.

After watching Xmen Evo and TAS

you can definitely tell the difference

TAS for Men
Evo for Teen Girls

I guess i'm a teen girl then, cause evolution Rogue is by far the most superior and pure depiction of Rogue.

>TAS for Men
>Evo for Teen Girls

As somebody who has seen neither, please elaborate

Hey its me, the resident Beastfag that just wants him to be likable again.

AMA

Does poop cling to Beast's hairy ass and if so how does he deal with it?

Moist towelettes, its actually a large concern among a variety of furred and other mutants with odd biology

Well now that that's settled I too like him. The way he was in the 90's animated series.

>TAS
big abs and moooskles on BIG greasy dudes doin' the big liftin' whilst the big booty and fat titty heroines get slapped around uselessly.

>Evo
Actually takes time to introduce it's characters and has entire episodes dedicated to deep character development between them. Also keeps a nice consistency throughout it's run-time and was not afraid to be artistically independent and give it's characters raw emotion beneath the cliché superhero stereotype.

No one is better than Mr. Sinister. Prove me wrong.

Hes best when hes chilling with friends or an Avenger. I've been reading some of his older stuff with the Avengers and its been a lot of fun.

Also I kind of like Wanda and Vision now? Which is cool since I didn't give a fuck about them before.

Magneto called him a "vile creature" so I don't like him.

What comics would you recommend that have good Beast characterization?

Nothing in the last couple of years, that's for sure. I'm not really a good person to ask this though, i'm still working my way through a lot of his older stuff.

Red Skull can talk the talk.

Just watch a couple of seasons and you will get the vibe
Evo is like a teen girl drama series

Even though WATXM wasn't the best I really liked the Kurt focused episodes.

Just finished the Blue Annual. Excalibur story was alright, but what the absolute fuck was the Storm short at the back? That writing is everything about nu-Marvel that I hate - everyone just sitting around talking about how great the capes are without them actually doing anything.

also
>"mind if i get a selfie storm?"
Gimme a fucking break.

I like WATXM its balanced it doesn't make the men useless and its not a teen girl drama either.

They both have their pros and cons, don't listen to TAS puritans

Thoughts on God loves, man kills

Magneto is still my favourite comic villain and truly showed that both sides have their strengths and flaws.

It's really hard to go wrong with 80s Claremont

It made me hope Magneto would convince someone from the X-Men side to join up with him for good.

Not my favorite story, too preachy. I like that X-Men have that whole oppressed minority thing that makes them unique but the sad monologues about oppression get boring.

I support Scarlet Witch x Quicksilver.

I don't even like TAS that much because of the cheeseness
But its more manly compared to evo

I thought it was decent, it was from the perspective of a fan.
Also I think you're wrong, it was the Gold annual.

Bring back Scott

Which team would you use for the first MCU X-Men film?

>>Wolverine
>>Cyclops
>>Jean
>>Storm
>>Colossus
>>Nightcrawler

Seems like a balance of the series staples. Rogue can be added in the sequel. Beast does machines.

How can you post a picture like that and say you want her dead?

Why not have her be a minor villain in the first movie, and then have her join later on.

Cause Marvel kills all their villains.

Colossus should have stayed with him after the stint in the 90s. It wouldnt have changed the Utopia era at all.

Can someone explain to me in a clear way if the original Jean is alive or dead?
I was out of the loop for a while and the whole original five messed everything for me.

She is currently in the process of coming back

It's a big ongoing joke about her dying all the time but Jean has only actually had 2 major deaths that weren't undone by the end of the story that they happen in.
Once was in the 80s in the Trial of the Phoenix, which was later retconed into being the Phoenix in her form. And the second was at the end of Morrison's New X-Men run when she was killed by Magneto (Xorn?) In the early 2000s which as of me dropping X-Men a few years ago hasn't been undone.

While I wasn't a fan of New X-Men I loved the new status quo it brought.
>Scott running the school and leading the X-Men
>Xavier's being an actual school for mutants
>Jean dead
>OTP ScottxEmma

Thanks for the spoonfeeding anons.

A fan being a small girl

The Excalibur story was pretty shit too

ScottxEmma was such a nice switch up after decades of ScottxLoyal Pining and LoganxJean. Fucking love it.

What are your favorite smaller moments? Xavier disbanding the Acolytes was pretty cool.

Anything with best girl

The issue where Jubilee has to come to terms with the fact that Illanya is dying from the legacy virus.

Mutant baseball

I just read this recently, that was a good issue.

This feels like a good place to ask. Is there a link to an organised list of the various x-men books (including side stuff like like x-force), with the names of the people in the roster each time?

>tfw wanting new X-Men stories but hate the current state of the comics

Do you think we will ever get a new animated series?

No.

In 3 years after the Disney-Fox merger finishes we get one based around Generation X.

the original brotherhood of evil mutants was the best. magneto,mastermind,toad,quicksilver,and the scarlet witch.

There’s no Kitty Pryde on this list.

Unfortunately, this.

GenX getting some love would be neat but I doubt it would ever happen.
Also while Scott and Emma are my OTP Banshee with Emma was pretty good too

Google search and you will find ones like pic related that someone made a whole bunch of. They might not have made the most recent teams though.

>Draw Styfe
>Label him Xavier
For what purpose?

It looks like that was some sort of Shi'ar armor that Lilandra gave him for being her boytoy

Did Stryfe exist at this point?

It's been a while since I read it but you are probably right.
I think Stryfe showed up a bit before Astroid M

Don’t forget their wicked sense of humor.

All this 90s talk just reminded me that Gambit came into the X-Men when he met Storm who had turned into a kid and was living as a thief.
Man the 90s were a hell of a time.
What even turned her into a kid and how did she change back?
Also have Storm and Gambit ever had any close interaction after she aged up?
I mean they are friendly but it doesn't seem any more or less than any other teammate

It's Shi'ar armor from when he joined the Starjammers and was no longer part of the X-Men.

She got brainwashed while on Genosha where all the X teams rejoined for a crossover.
When the brainwash was reverted, Storm also returned adult.
I don't remember the details, nor how she became teen before.

Also got Gambit never got a chance because Forge was on Genosha as well.
The bad guy got also Scott cucked for the giggles

Nanny turned her into a teen

Nanny and Orphan Maker turned her into a child for Gambit to molest. Extinction Agenda turned her adult again.

Storm was "killed" by Havok while the team was fighting Nanny and the Orphan Maker, when Storm got entangled by tentacles attacked to Nanny's ship and Havok tried to free her.

Several issues later, Storm shows up in Mississippi as a kid, with amnesia. She spends a good number of issues being chased by the Shadow King (a mutant telepath who had Storm as a slave as a kid).

When Gambit shows up, it eventually is revealed that Nanny faked Storm's death by having dragged Storm into the ship and escaped via shuttlecraft, leaving an LMD double of Storm to be "killed" by Havok. She then de-aged Storm and mindwiped her, but Storm resisted so the mindwipe was only partial/surface level and eventually wore off.

Claremont was forced to age Storm up during Xtinction Agenda (Storm was turned into a mutate briefly that resulted in the restoration of her age) by Harras as part of the restoration of the X-Men once Jim Lee came onboard the franchise.

Storm and Gambit are still BFFs, but Jim Lee wanted Gambit/Rogue so Claremont was forced to abandon plans for a Gambit/Storm relationship designed to be his response to Marv Wolfman shitting all over Kitty Pryde via Terra, but having Gambit turn out to be a traitor/Mr Sinister in a new body and Storm being Beast Boy in terms of being betrayed by her lover.

whatever they do for X-men MCu, I jsut hope we get a Cyclops centric move with Mr. Sinister as the main villain

Stryfe predates UXM #275 (which is where that picture comes from).

Said picture is actually a Skrull impersonating Xavier.

UXM #275 had the X-Men kidnapped by Deathbird to protect her from the Starjammers who had cornered her and were finally going to beat her and reclaim the throne for Lilandra. One of the Starjammers is an armored telepath, who (to no one's surprise) was Xavier in body armor fighting alongside the rest of the Starjammers.

However, once Deathbird is defeated by the two teams, the X-Men learn to their horror that the Starjammers/Xavier/Lilandra are Skrulls and the real Xavier/Starjammers/Lilandra are hooked up to a techno-organic device that allows Skrulls to duplicate super powers.

The whole thing itself was foreshadowed though: #265 opened with an alien world being conquered by a "Shi'Ar Empress and her telepathic champion" and we later see Lila Cheney barely escaping a Shi'Ar ship back to Earth while dealing with an unseen telepath.

you kinda need cyclops' childhood and lots of build up for sinister. can it be done in a single movie?
I think you need a general x-men movie first at first, to establish cyke and the rest

this is so cute

anyone who also /lit/ here?
I have some treat for x-fags, but only for those who are interested

Who should be the main villain in the first X-MCU movie?

Mr Sinister, but only for the last 5 seconds of the next 10 MCU movies until he actually does something.

I'd steer clear of Magneto or anyone that the Fox films have used already

So the Shadow King could work. Maybe he and Xavier have been independently using their telepathy to hide the existence of mutantkind

I'm not saying Sinister ain't shit but i wouldn't put him up their as the next big end-boss MCU villain, he's more of a villain that get's teased in the first movie,fully revealed in the sequel, and finally beaten at the end of the trilogy.

I agree, but I don't think they will go for another "origin"...

Sinister should be saved for AvX in terms of mixing Mutant Massacre with Avengers Disassembled/Secret Empire.

Sinister sics the Marauders on the Avnegers, kills a couple of them, has Malice possess Cap/dress Cap as a Nazi and take Scarlet Witch prisoner to experiment on.

Surviving Avengers recruit the X-Men to stop the Marauders/Sinister but Cyclops is willing to murder Wanda to stop Sinister from using her powers for evil and we get the X-Men vs Avengers to save Wanda.

What's up?

generic cgi monster

Finally. I was doing some research and I've found some old 30s / 40s sci-fi books that were legit inspiration for kirby / lee in the creation of x-men, homo superior and so on.

I can also storytime an article from that inspired them as well. it's a short article

The books in question are:
Odd John
Children of the Atom (X-Men basically ripped off everything from that book, like beside the title, the School For Gifted Youngsters concept, hiding from humans, proto-Trask / Stryker)

also
Slan
More Than Human
Mindworm (inspired a mutant marvel character with that same name).

I can upload them on zippy if you are shush

I certainly recommend reading original children of the atom

jubilee rollerblading with xavier in the issue after x-cutioner song. the fact that he only had a few hours of leg time, and he used it to blade with her was nice.

Sounds great

I'll storytime that article and upload the books on zippy, just give me a while

here's the article

it's worth noting that this article was referenced in Original X-Men #14 (that issue with sentinels)

I will post that page as well

It's worth noting that both Kirby and Lee were pulp / sci-fi mag whores, especially Kirby, he basically was swallowing these things instead of food