Theriomorphism in Sup Forums

Do what is the appeal of non-human characters in comics and cartoons?

There's absolutely none. If you're attracted to non-human characters there's something really wrong with you. (Though really human-looking ones are borderline.)

Then why is the concept so shunned on places like Sup Forums which seem to indulge in every manner of appetite and degeneracy parallel to this phenomenon.

> This post was brought to you by our sponsor, Hot Pockets. Hot Pockets, feeding those who do it for free 14 years and going.

lol, why was this deleted?

> He's using academically sound definitions to explain a trend which has persisted in human culture since antiquity! Burn him!

Also, green skin ftw.

>not just non-human but also a terrible "person"

We're all terrible people if you stop to think about it. At least those of us using Sup Forums anyway.

Not like that.

OP they're basically 100% human with some body paint and prosthetic makeup.

Even what furries call "feral" are still so extremely loaded with human traits that calling them "feral"/"xeno"/"therian"/whatever is a giant mislabeling.

Even if they look like , in your head they're still nearly 100% human.

Contrast with stuff like pic related which is not stylized and hence your brain identifies as DEFINITELY NOT HUMAN and doesn't want to fuck.

Much like flyday and caturday before that we see an underlying appeal in the common userbase, but publicly are still supposed to be shame such abominations. Doesn't really help that any mentality, given enough traction, inevitably becomes self destructive here on Sup Forums so it's no surprise that even gray zone content becomes stigmatized.

MLP sure as shit didn't help the situation either even though that's just a strait up case of anthropomorphism it poisoned the well not just for similar subject matter but fandoms as a whole on Sup Forums.

They're not human enough to be considered normal for attraction, though.

Draw us something, Herny.

I really don't see how stuff like the OP isn't normal enough.

see

I don't know. Blame the Greeks.

> inb4 thread deletion

If you're talking about /mlp/, yes they are. Stylization goes a fucking long way. Your brain sees them as human (or a person) because they're extremely stylized drawings. If they were realistic like or like pic related your brain would recognize them as "not human" and you would not be attracted to them (unless you really are into non-humans, which probably 99% of the population isn't)

Even stuff like Spongebob, who is a yellow rectangle with a face, is a human person in your brain, because he's stylized. But if he were realistic you'd recognize him as "not human"

Because anything that looks like a human, but isn't, is just well... swell.

Because they have obvious animalistic features?
Now this is okay to be attracted to... more or less.

>what is the appeal of non-human characters in comics and cartoons?

Who can say? There's just something about the New that draws us in. More eloquent, better-educated people than you or I have made their careers out of studying it.

like what? superfluous fins slapped onto the arms and legs?

ITT: furfag excuses

Because humans love to see things that aren't human, but look like humans. See: all those photos of everyday objects that appear to have faces.

love to see != be attracted to

It doesn't even have to look remotely like a human to get my dick hard these days.

Get fukt

OP asked "what is the appeal?". The appeal is they look like humans.

You're looking for an answer to a question that isn't being asked. But the answer is still the same: because they look like humans.

Do yoo kno de wae?

Is this just an excuse for us to post non-human characters

snake and plane are for sexual
>captcha: close calle

I misunderstood the point of this thread, I apologize

>What is the appeal of non-human characters in comics and cartoons?

ASS AND TIDDIES!

What's the line between a non-human character and furry, or xenophilia? Does it come from modifying the shape of the body, or the shape of the face? Or both, or something else?

Again, stylization and pareidolia. Your brain sees human legs there because it's so stylized.

>Implying I wouldn't the goat persons
I'm pretty fucking degenerate user. For me my biggest turn on is intimacy and trust, so depending on my relationship with said xeno I could do it.

Cute and or attractive male/female personalities and traits make them human enough to trigger attraction on an emotional level. Pleasant/cute designs+fanart/r34 done by good artists trigger physical and sexual attraction.

t.horsefucker.

It's weird how you're a considered a furfag if you're attracted to the OP image, but not if you're attracted to something like the trolls from homestuck even though they're based on insects.

I've seen people trying to claim that lizards and reptiles aren't "Furry" because they don't have fur, even though they are animals.

I miss fluffy.

hell, I miss the Sup Forums when fluffy used to post here. Or the other drawfags. You could browse normal threads, someone would come up with a ridiculous idea, and in 10 minutes someone made a doodle of it.

oh well.

>What's the line between a non-human character and furry, or xenophilia?

Not quite sure I understand this question? I guess it would be down to whether someone was attracted to the human characteristics, or the non-human characteristics.

underrated post

were you having a stroke as you typed this up

>What's the line between a non-human character and furry, or xenophilia?
To not be deemed a furry, character needs to look more like a demon by having shit like horns and pointy ears without any animal features like fins or cat ears.