Superhero comes to save your ass after your illegal spy sub sinks in Chinese waters

>Superhero comes to save your ass after your illegal spy sub sinks in Chinese waters
>Complain about it
And I thought civilians in comics were bad, now they have to shit on the military too?

What does he even mean by
>A sub crew is a team, mister. We work together or we drown.

Just because you're a "team" doesn't mean you shouldn't accept outside help. Especially since no amount of teamwork could possibly get you out of this situation.

>What does he even mean by
He means the writer is a moron.

Did we suddenly got teleported into Marvel?

lul forced conflict

And everyone on Sup Forums was saying Priest would make the Justice League comic better.

I mean ... He is a Green lantern. So he could simply point out space-police jurisdiction includes Earth ocean.

I mean, guys like General Ross have always been a thing.

Lots more stupid where that came from

>So he could simply point out space-police jurisdiction includes Earth ocean.

No country actually acknowledges GL jurisdiction as cops. Especially not China.

>"We're a team, we fucked up so let us drown!"

Surprised none of his subordinates have put a bullet in his head yet.

She has a point about sharing teleportation technology. Everything else is stupid.

>She has a point about sharing teleportation technology.
No she fucking doesn't. We've been over this, you fucking retard. No Earth government should be allowed to have teleportation technology. Absolutely all of them would immediately abuse the shit out of it, and, as always, the normal ass citizens who have no say in anything will suffer for their leaders being retards.

Because they work together or drown, a bullet is neither of those.
Ergo, they should throw him overboard instead.

This is even dumber if you put more thought into it. They're lucky that it wasn't a "Chinese hostile", they would have started a fucking war by shooting at Chinese soldiers in Chinese waters.

I don't understand why everyone was giving Arthur shit. All the man wants is for the damaged nuclear submarine removed before it starts leaking toxic waste into the water and fucking up the local ecosystem. He even offered to help remove it himself. I don't think he was being terribly unreasonable here.

yeah dude, fuck the military complex.

>tfw you thought for a second Priest was making a reference to New Super-Man but realized he didn't because he doesn't care about other books

Well that doesn't matter because Earth as whole is under GL jurisdiction.

I would assume they already do have that technology. This isn't Reed Richards here, the justice league doesn't invent these technologies but an earth scientist usually did.

Their secret government organizations already have access to teleportation tech. And even they ain't stupid enough to share it with the public government.

Typically the Justice League actually got it from aliens, as a hybrid of Rannian and Thanagarian technology.

Priest thinks this is joe everyone would react to superhero

Its just forced drama. JL books havent been worth reading for some time

So is the military usually this retarded or is this just an exaggeration?

Lord knows that the Military is full of idiots, just like any large group is full of idiots. But the commander should know better.
And like said, shooting at what you believe to be Chinese soldiers is beyond retarded and would be an act of war, those men should be court-martialed because they should clearly never be allowed to be in any situation where they could do this again for real.

Because MUH COMPLEX GEOPOLITICS

>complex
Sure, Chris. Getting a nuclear submarine out of waters where it's not supposed to be in the first place, something everyone in this situation wants to happen, is totally complex and deep and shit.

Y'know, it's hardly surprising that someone who refuses to do basic research for characters he's supposed to be writing for, has a tenuous relationship with common sense.

To be fair, in the real world different countries will indeed throw a hissy fit over things that should be easy to solve and would benefit everyone.

See, that's the beauty of fiction. In a story, you can skip all that real world bullshit, and just have things make sense.

This is why I hate that "But it's realistic!" excuse for dumb shit. Yeah, it's realistic, that's why it's fucking retarded. Real life is fucking retarded.

^This. It isn't much of a stretch to imagine someone like Lex Luthor or Amanda Waller has the tech under lockup and don't openly use it because it is too dangerous, they aren't sure how it works or it is too expensive to use regularly. That congresswoman bitching about the JL not sharing is full of shit. She may as well have been asking them to give the USA kryptonian battle armor.

What series and issue is this? I don't follow mainline DC anymore.

The Justice League gets it from somewhere else, actually, although Mr. Terrific and John Irons are usually depicted as making modifications to make it work for the JL. Waller canonically has teleport tech under lock and key because of the risk exposing it would cause for national security. Too dangerous to use, too dangerous to lose.

Geopolitics is crap. Arthur is the sovereign king of Atlantis. If he doesn't want that fucking sub in his ocean, he's well within his rights to demand it removed, or remove it himself.

I love priest books.