Conan the Barbarian is Returning to Marvel

>ign.com/articles/2018/01/13/conan-the-barbarian-returns-to-marvel-after-18-year-absence

How long until Disney simply buys the franchise outright (for what is by Disney's standards a pittance) and inserts the Hyborian Age into the MCU's past, as it already is in 616?

Most of the original stories from before Howard died are public domain now. The rest would be easy for Disney to assimilate into their collective.

>Spoiler
Don't you fucking dare.
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE.
THE MOUSE NEEDS TO TAKE THEIR MITTS OFF OF CONAN. I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

I don't think this is Disney or Marvel's call. This might be the first move in the new shogun's grand 4D shogi strategy

What non Mouse owned IPs would you want to see come back to Marvel (meaning Marvel must have done something with said-IP before the Disney purchase). HARD MODE: No Rom, Micronauts, or Lucasfilm properties
>Godzilla
>Logan's Run (at least, a one-shot to wrap up the cliffhanger)
>Red Sonja
>Chuck Norris

How fucked is Dark Horse? I bet Disney is killing it softly to buy it later.

More Conan? Good.
Didn't Marvel use to make Transformers at some point? Godzilla might be cool.

I'm not too familiar with pre-civilwar Marvel and it's licensing but out of your list
>Godzilla
Nips can barely make him interesting, let alone the current clowns at Marvel. Also it's hard to justify an "evil" character of that scale existing for too long in a supers universe
>Logan's Run
No demand
>Red Sonja
Fuck you for speaking such evil. Look how they botched Angela. And Gamora on that note. Marvel is on an anti cheesecake jihad.
>Chuck Norris
Some dumb meme "Marvel humor" book. See Logan's Run

New Conan movie when?

Hopefully never, they'll only fail.

Godzilla is doing good over at IDW, no need to risk shifting him to Marvel when we're getting some great work done on him already.

So what's so great about this mess of characters? I mean it looks kind of cool but is that it?

>Disney doing Conan
This is actually quite upsetting for me, the 80's film is one of my favourites of all time and I feel like Disney would neuter the characters and setting into a faux Lord of the Rings knock off

and people would eat it up because a lot of people will just ride Disney's dick whatever the weather

Tell us of this fearful future you see, user.

They are going to butcher it.

I want giant robots, giant robots are cool

Godzila: Half Century War. Its a miniseries which follows one character over around 50 years from his first encounter with Godzilla in 1954, following him through the subsequent emergence of more monsters and delves into how the world changes with that. Its written and drawn by James Stokoe who is a fantastic artist for this kind of over the top chaos.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not user, but I agree with user.

I see Conan crowned king. Destined to be one not by his strength and skill but by the hands of fate.

>For it was foretold that a barbarian would come from the frigid north to save us from the ravages of the demon lord Krull, who has returned from the nether world to once more conquer. Conan's unrivaled savagery will save the people and they will embrace him as their savior. His troubled past is only the path created by the gods to make him ready for the final battle. Praise Conan! Savior of the world! The just king!

Whenever the mignolaverse ends which can't be too long since Mignola said lobster johnson is near it's limit and B.P.R.D. is in it's last cycle.

This.

I don't want Conan to be turned into a superhero story.

I see a new LGBT black OC in his future.

>Nu-Marvel writing Conan

Oh joy can't wait for the issues dedicated to lecturing him about mansplaining and toxic masculinity.

Well luckily for you they’re just licensing him. The actual owners of Conan have final word.

Dark Horse becomes the "Vertigo" of Marvel. Yes I know they have Icon.

Anyway we just need a return to Marvel UK Transformers. I bet Gisnep is thinking that if Star Wars sells better than Marvel's actual comics, so could other franchises.

If they let the owners of the Conan and Kull trademarks keep some of the merchandise rights, I think Disney could get them to sell the movie, theme park, and video game rights for less than half a billion. Putting Conan and Kull into the MCU is probably their best bet for future success really given the perilous future of the movie and tv industry.

Yes, it would be good for competing with New Line/WB for Disney to buy them before they might sell to New Line/WB. Fox could make sometimes edgier movies and shows than the MCU stuff based off of some Dark Horse comics in the future and prevent New Line/WB from making more stuff like 300, Sin City, and Hellboy. Although, New Line is already making a new Hellboy movie and Hellboy is appearing in a DC video game. So, maybe they'll end up selling to New Line/WB or at least making some sort of deal to only make movies and tv shows with WB.

WB should buy them so they can merge DH and vertigo and have Berger be back

Oh well. I have over something like thirty Conan books anyway so it's not like I really needed anymore.
#prayfordarkhorse

Oh great, so now i'll NEVER get the Conan/Hellboy crossover i've been lusting over.

wait, so Hellboy in Hell was the actual ending?

The current B.P.R.D arc (Devil You Know) will be the end of the Mignolaverse chronologically, while the historical set book may continue.

Also apparently Hellboy is coming back to life in it, but there might be a twist since we see his corpse last issue while in The Fury he disintegrated.

It's Roger's body

If Disney does end up buying dark horse would that include the mignolaverse? I thought the mignolaverse was creator owned? Would it be up to mignola to sell his stuff or does it come with who ever buys dark horse?

It's Mignola's, he could take it to image or wherever he wanted.

Do we have any information as to creative teams?

No confirmation but I'd bet my money on Jason Aaron 100%

>B.P.R.D arc
Do you mean arc, or cycle? I ask because then Devil You Know would be very short for a cycle

Audibly kek’d

Meant cycle, couldn't recall the term at the time.

the devil you know might be the name of the cycle since the trade is called the devil you know - messiah

Well, at least this time he can't do a time travel cop-out ending, unlike the last time.

Besides Roy Thomas and Busiek/Truman which Conan comics are worth checking out

I don't want to see anything go to Marvel.

Are there even any non-Buisek written Dark Horse Conan worth reading?

You can't beat the Mouse, Sup Forums. Accept your Disney Overlords.

>Akira Yoshida

'The Legend Of Conan' is in development. It's meant to be a sequel to the 1982 film and pick up 30 years later. It was in development at Universal but they dropped the project early last year. It's now being shopped elsewhere.

>Yoshida

Just give me good Barry Smith reprints, all I want!

Quesada posted some art on twitter but it could just be a cover/promo piece

Schwarzenegger's been talking about King Conan for years now.

>tfw sword and sorcery isn't a big enough genre for an Unforgiven style story to work

I feel really sorry for Dark Horse right now. All they have now is Hellboy and Aliens to keep them afloat

They didn't deserve this.

>Aliens
We'll see how long that lasts once the 21st Century Fox deal is finalized.

>Conan is replaced by a feminine version who is dying from cancer and is called Conan too

Well since the goons never gonna take off film wise, did the Kickstarter accomplish anything? Usagi Might get a tv show or something what other IPs do they have

Can someone explain to me Zoids? I know it was a garbage mech anime that aired on Cartoon Network with you kids and garbage CGI effects but thats about it.

With the way they've been proecting Scott Allie, yeah they fucking do.

Shut up, tumblr.

Zoids was a line of animal themed robot mechs put together by Tommy.

The line has run on-and-off for decades. It started in the 80s and was imported to the US. No backstory was given for the US version. The Japanese version basically had generic good guy and bad guy factions fighting it out.

Zoids sold so-so in the US, but were discontinued due to it being slaughtered by Transformers. The line did better in the UK, where (unlike in the US) it had a comic book tie-in to give the characters backstories and was written by Grant Morrison as one of his first writing jobs. Morrison's Zoids had a prison ship crash on a war torn planet where two groups of sentient robot mechs (both evil) trying to kill each other. As the series progressed, it is revealed that the mechs were used by the previous inhabitants of the planet to wage ware against each other, until they rebelled; the aliens last act before being genocided was to frame one part of the mechs as plotting to betray the other side, so they would destroy each other.

Series ended with no conclusion; the last major storyline had the humans struggling to stop a third faction, led by a mech who wanted to unite all the Zoids under his control so they could leave and conquer earth (which they learned about from the prisoners)

he's freelance now

Saban's going to sell Power Rangers back to Disney soon due to the poor revenue of the Paramount movie.

Some of the Power Rangers tv shows (maybe just animated ones) at least will serve as a more kid oriented super hero style show similar to PJ Masks to get kids interested in things similar to Marvel super hero stuff without actually having to make much Marvel super hero stuff that is aimed at very young kids. This is similar to how Disney makes Sofia the First and Elena of Avalor . It also gets Disney into kaiju stuff. Power Rangers can benefit them in Japan, South Korea, and some other Asian countries.