Why did this fail so miserably? Garfield & Friends was a massive success during its time, but this was a huge flop

Why did this fail so miserably? Garfield & Friends was a massive success during its time, but this was a huge flop.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Garfield_Show_episodes#Season_4_(2015–2016)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The family photo episode was GOAT

The decision to give Garfield a massive CG blue dong proved too hot for American audiences to handle

G&F had a great voice cast, animation that was just about identical to the comic strip, and made an effort to adapt the comics. Plus it had the good fortune of being made when Garfield comics were still funny. They were never going to be able to make the lightning strike twice.

B/C it was CGI and French

Garfield was still wildly popular at the time and Garfield and Friends was actually a fairly high quality show for its era, at least at first.
This show had none of those things going for it.

can someone post the screenshot? you know the one

>Teen Titans Go haves commercial calling it "YOUR NEW FAVOURITE SHOW"
>Everyone gets mad
>The Garfield Show kept breaking the fourth wall in almost every episode to remind the viewers that they're watching the best cartoon ever made who everyone in the word loves
>Nobody bats an eye

I still wonder who had the idea of having two thirds of the last season made entirely of 5-part musical episodes.

That's because there weren't any eyes on the screen when this show was playing to be bat user.

>Crap CGI
>Mediocre writing
>No Lorenzo Music

This show had fucking horrible animation.

Garfield and friends came out at a time when the general public actually liked Garfield

because it was fucking weak in every front?

This one?

>No Lorenzo Music
He's gone, user.

Guess Jon found out where his pipe was.

i remember that episode, it was repeated all the week

I swear this show is gonna be the new Simpsons shitposting, i'm calling it

Which means there's even less reason for this CGI show to exist

no U.S. Acres

What happened?

Clearly Jon turned into a spider.

apparently this show aired past 2012
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Garfield_Show_episodes#Season_4_(2015–2016)

Garfield looked shock

I remember watching that one TV movie where Garfield went into the real world. It was fucking weird.

I watched it on DVD a lot with my sibling, it was weird but mainly just kind of obnoxious. I still remember the fat black guy in the mixing booth.

>boring cgi visuals
>boring generic scripts
>boring comedy
>boring voice acting (sorry Frank Welker, you just aren’t Lorenzo Music)
>boring everything
There is a reason why this was banished to Boomerang and only ever appears in Europe

there were two ofthem garfield going out into the real world and one where garfield was bassicaly getting tired of his normall schick but was still going to do it and nermal disguised himself as some hispanic cat that wastrying to cuck garfield in a alent show.