Sup Forums How is Wakanda so technologically advanced just because they have a space mineral?

Sup Forums How is Wakanda so technologically advanced just because they have a space mineral?

Where did everything else come from?
After discovering this strange mineral they ability figured out how to smelt it.
But where did the knowledge come from for everything else?
It's a rare mineral and very little of it has left Wakanda, so obviously they didn't trade it for technology.
You don't just go from rock to flying cars without having to develop everything in between.
So either they've been blessed aka given technology by someone ...
The found the technology that someone else developed ...
Or they were sneaking around stealing technology from the rest of the world.

Let that sink in for a moment when you consider the already racist country of Wakanda as some place "special".

They are just really smart. The average Wakandian is, like, Batman-level.

B it's okay when Marvel does it.

panther god magic wisdom

Blessed by a bullshit Panther God. Not kidding

its ok if you dont like black people

Asgard never gets this level of over analysis. Wonder why that is. Neither does Latveria (super advanced version from Ultimate Marvel) amazingly enough

So while the rest of the world advanced via one technology leading another, the white panther god just gave wakanda the same knowledge?
they didn't work for it or advance on their own it was just handed to them by a white panther god?

because it's a capeshit movie. Logic is the last thing that applies to comics.

I guess because one is a magical god realm, while the other is led by DOOM, our true master.

I criticize Latveria just as much.

Orginally, it wasn't technologically advanced until T'Challa industrialized it. When T'Challa was a child, they were still concerned with feeding themselves and fighting lions to prove their manhood. T'Chaka sold some Vibranium and sent his son out to the best schools in the world to learn. When T'Challa took over, he roboticized the jungle and basically treated Wakanda like his own personal Baxter Building. This was one of the issues T'Challa faced, a strong resistance to accepting outside ideas

I'm not sure when the transistion to Wakanda always having been advanced took root.

Ah-ah-ah, aren't Marvel Gods just really powerful alien races? So they're people right? If so, where'd they come from? How does the Rainbow Road work? How do they have a magical floating city in space, as opposed to a planet? Did they come from a plaent? Does Asgard trade to support its economy? If so, who do they trade with? Whats Odins tax plan look like?

Nice. Thanks for the wallpaper user

See, that actually makes more sense. Thank you user.

that's more pure fantasy while this is science fiction with what are supposed to be real people. i mean when aliens landed in new york in the avengers america didn't suddenly gain access to a bunch of super advanced alien technology. people aren't even riding around on those hover bike things the aliens had, those seem pretty useful and easy to reverse engineer considering how fucking many of them there were. i mean yeah, they're trying to make asgard into something more akin to science fiction but it doesn't really work for me, they can call asgardians aliens all they want, it only works for me if it's mystical fantasy. that's probably one of the reasons the thor movies don't connect with me so much.

It's not really well explained. I think it may have something to do with how those who die are still able to share their wisdom in Wakanda. Overall though it's because reasons.

Plus, daily reminder that low self-esteem black people legit think that Wakanda would exist if European colonization didn't happen.

>Wakanda
>racist

I could've sworn that the back story entailed sending the best minds Wakanda had to offer to learn new ideas and bring them home. The People doing it themselves is from Hudlin irc.

Wakanda is 'racist' by the modern definition. They have a VERY strict border and are isolationist. Immigration is near zero, and anybody who isn't African isn't allowed citizenship.

That and it is literally a plot point of Priet's run that most of Wakanda is highly xenophobic and a lot of those who are willing to accept the industrialization only do so because they're chomping at the bit to use it to wage war against 'inferior' opponents abroad. One of the biggest points of Priest's run is that any nation, regardless of its ethnicity, can fall in to xenophobia, elitism, and corruption if given too much power too quickly.

>How is Wakanda so technologically advanced just because they have a space mineral
why is saudi arabia so technologically advanced compared to all their neighbors just because they have some funny smelling black liquid?

Wakanda is very old and never had obscure times.

The niggers could have learned how to manipulated electricity a full 1000 years before the rest of world.

So how were they okay with sending Gentle to the X-Mansion?

Wakanda doesn't make a habit of trading their Vibranium, user.

Because they weren't taking the X-Mansion into Wakanda.

Wakanda isn't racist in the way that sane people view the idea; they're racist in the way over-sensitive idiots today use the term. Basically, they're just nationalistic.

They trade the liquid.

ima keep it real with you user
i've never read a single black panther comic i'm just here to shitpost at OP's expense

Good man.

its because they know da wae ;^)

>aren't Marvel Gods just really powerful alien races?
Depends on the writer and era. Kirby pushed that angle, but as seen with his later work via the New Gods, just because it's an alien doesn't mean it's not a god. If nothing else, the Asgardians do explicitly have magic available to them which they actively utilize. Even in the movies, Loki and Freya were sorcerers, as was Odin. Most of the stuff we saw Dr. Strange do in his movie, the Asgardian sorcerers were able to do in slightly different ways.

No.

In the comics they're usually about 100 years ahead of the European powers colonizing Africa; by the modern age, they're probably still 100 or so years ahead.

>but muh disbelief

There are frequent examples of countries jealously guarding technologies - really quite humble things like new uses for piss - that gave a measurable advantage; but eventually these were all traded away.

It would be naive of you to assume Wakanda, which is situated (depending on who is drawing the map in which book) anywhere between the meeting of the borders of Botswana, Zimbabwe, Angola, Namibia and Zambia, all the way over several other countries (on several different headings) to the borders of Kenya, is for some reason mineral-poor; they would have plenty of things to trade. Moreover, they're as racist about other Africans as any Klan member ever is, and have kept themselves secret since forever deliberately - they're good at the darker arts of diplomacy. Very good. You might think you were trading with someone else for decades only to discover that Wakanda has bought all your stock and paid you peanuts.

The Panther God is the source of the Black Panther's mystical powers and the legendary guardian of Wakanda (as opposed to its material guardian, the Black Panther). Its protection is limited to some supernatural influences; it doesn't shit out pylons to allow expansion.

No, they're gods. They even had the Chaos War event that proved it. Odin once wished Paris alive again just because he could, even though he said he wasn't going to do it, but then Thor asked him to.

READ FUCKING COMICIS Sup Forums

Cancer.

>Plus, daily reminder that low self-esteem black people legit think that Wakanda would exist if European colonization didn't happen.
Is THAT what it's about? Suddenly all that shit about the movie posters make sense. All this time I thought they were just shitting on Spike Lee and Eddie Murphy by proxy.

If Wakanda is so secretive, why don't they have a nigh-impenetrable cloak around their entire country like Gorilla City?

Nigger magic. It ain´t gotta explain shit.

Gorillas use a mighty 100% of their brain power, compared to Wakandans' paltry 10%

I see it on every trailer, "muh white people" I try to bring it up that it's a fictional nation led by a guy with superpowers that can communicate with the dead and is situated on a surplus of fictional alien metal, but it's always back to "muh white people"

It's pretty damn funny to see

So you're saying that if Wakanda and Gorilla City went to war, Gorilla City would win?

Probably not.

Black Panther has the "Pantherforce", which allows him to be a Mary Sue without ever being called out on that.

Probably yeah. Leaders: Black Panther, increased strength, very intelligent, enhanced speed/reflexes. Gorilla Grodd, increased gorilla strength, very intelligent with psychic powers, enhanced speed/reflexes

People: Wakanda, regular humans, usually intelligent. Gorilla City, enhanced Gorillas, always intelligent.

Technology: Roughly on par, both have alien resources, but Wakanda might edge out on this.

I'd say Gorilla City wins.

More importantly, who's side does Man-Ape fight on?

Shit. Good point. How mad is he at T'Challa that day?

In the comics the short answer is both their advancement and vibrainum deposits come from a crashes advanced celestials level space ship, its suppose to be the other half of the crashed space ship En Sabah Nur found in Egypt.

I mean, T'Challa did steal his parking spot at the office which lead to Man-Ape's car getting shat on by more than a few birds. Again.

But T'Challa also gave him all the credit for the recent project they finished at work.

Asgard is a multiple millennia old realm filled with nigh immortal gods.
They have some answers to pony up, but it's not the same level of bullshit as Wakanda.

The gorillas had the technology to put their entire city on another vibrational plane to cloak it, preventing anyone from stumbling onto it (except the Flash) or even interacting with it unless they wanted. They once wiped memory of their existence from the entire world just because it was becoming too much of nuisance to deal with humans. Gorilla City's technology is so far advanced it makes Wakanda look like Detroit.

Gorilla City's cloak is as much compensation for the male's tiny dicks as it is a security measure. Wakandan dicks (and indeed, all human dicks) are far superior to gorilla dicks, so they can use more subtle methods of concealing the country without feeling self-conscious.

So, this brings up another question. Assuming Wakanda was able to do this, could Quicksilver run fast enough to penetrate the force field? Could Tony make an armor that could fly fast enough?

Asgard isn't on Earth run by humans.

And I don't wanna hear Asgard isn't a place BS.

He would side with Gorilla City at first, but that would just be a ploy so he can try to kill and eat Solovar to gain his power.

T'Challa's dick is clearly small. Compare this bulge to Cavill's Superman.

Maybe that's why Sue decided to not cuck Reed with T'Challa after they were already naked.

I don't think raw speed/momentum is what's important here, but rather the ability to vibrate at the same frequency.

I don't really think either. Flash IS mush faster than Quiksilver due to the Speed Force and I don' think Stark could develop an armor that took him across the earth in seconds without killing him.

Wouldn't he be conflicted, though? I mean, he's a native Wakandan, but he dresses like an ape and worships an ape god. I think Man-Ape would have to do some serious soul-searching before choosing a side. He'd have a real identity crisis on his hands.

Maybe he has a sheathe like actual panthers.

BIG BARBED COCK

Couldn't help but notice ya'll avoided answering some of the more autistic questions about the nitty gritty of Asgards existence.

The autistic explanation of what? Them being aliens or something? Their royalty having magical powers?

Earth's rules don't apply to alien civilizations or planets. A person on Asgard can be naturally born with powers, that is established. But on Earth, you have to have gone through a science experiment gone wrong to get some.

Alt history bro. Africa had a few good chances at making it but they were two easy to rape.

You can hardly compare the two. Superman's will resist even his mighty kryptonian suit, but T'Challa's has to contend with vibranium dampening. The more it pushes the more the suit has to take. You have no idea how many pants he's gone through. No damn idea.

>But on Earth, you have to have gone through a science experiment gone wrong to get some.
Or be born a mutant.

He would ultimately defend Wakanda, because he wants it. But the man killed the physical manifestation of his god with his bare hands so he could devour its flesh and its strength. A man of doubts he is not.

I'm talking about stuff like how their economy operates, what kind of jobs Asgardians work, where they get their food, etc. Basically the same kinda questions anons here love asking about Wakanda

waitaminute
>humans had barbed dicks once
>Vibranium causes mutations
>the herb BP eats is full of the stuff
you might be onto something

>space mineral

oh it's from outer space? i didn't know that.

>you don't just go from rock to flying cars without having to develop something in between
that's debatable. nikola tesla wanted free energy for everyone on earth. but that's not profitable in a capitalist system so here we are. still in world full of wars and oppression

look up planned obsolescence and manufactured scarcity. there are plenty of examples of needless steps being used to "design" new products. you think microsoft windows really needs to be updated? we were fine with windows 95 or XP yet college students spend money on that shit every semester

You're right, we once had cars, but the Crusades ruined it for us all. The Flintstones is a fucking documentary about life pre-Christian Earth.

We never had these threads before the BP movie was announced.

Sup Forumsposters go home.

>Literal anti-Wakandan propaganda

There needs to be a new tier on the spectrum just for faggots like OP. How autistic can you get?

Wakanda - where 99.9% of the citizens are on some type of welfare.

Because you're deeply analyzing capeshit.

>Batman does something impressive
>REEEEEEEE dc is shit
>Black Panther does something 1000x more impressive
>It's capeshit, just enjoy it

>But where did the knowledge come from for everything else?

like how anyone else gains any other scientific knowledge? what kind of autismal question is that?

Maybe I'd like T'Challa more if he was a complete dick with his wealth like Norman Osborne. Which by the way, who's the Green Goblin of DC?

Green Goblin is a copy of both Joker and Lex Luthor.

>random shit that has nothing to do with my interests is supposed to reflect my train of thought because an user wants to cry about a black hero

You have aspergers, user.

Batfag tears are so delicious. yum! Keep crying

>Why does nobody treat the place inhabited by literal demigods just like the overdeveloped african country
Do you need somebody to point you the way back to Special Ed, user?

>literally building a fuckhuge WALL to keep the rest of the mongos away
Not saying it's bad at all, but that's kinda racist

Can we just take Batfags, Pantherfags, and Doomfags and load them all into a rocket and shoot them directly into the Sun?

>The Batfag goes home and reads Moore, Miller, O'Neil, Morrison, Brubaker, Rucka...
>The Pantherfag goes home and reads Hudlin

This origin made far more sense than Hudlin's revised version. The idea that Wakanda was always 500 years ahead of everyone else is fucking ludicrous. If that were the case they would have conquered a large chunk of the planet long before the European powers ever began to expand into Africa. Warrior cultures generally don't stay inside their own borders.

And the idea of a developing Wakanda is a lot more relevant to the modern era. We live in a world where formerly colonized countries are becoming rising powers. Hudlin's Wakanda is just a childish power fantasy that veers into Draka levels of alternate history wank.

Very interesting, I remember those scenarios happening in the animated adaptations to some degree. I never thought much of it like that I always just grouped it in with Black Panthers arc as a leader and an idol. It’s a shame the movies are robbed from that now that they are and always have been technologically superior to the other civilizations.

That's because Wakanda is a human civilization. They need food, they're bound by the laws of physics, etc. We've had tons of threads about Doom and Latveria too.

Asgardians on the other hand are gods. Ordinary rules do not apply to them.

Black Panther and Deadpool share the same problem: their shittiest characterization is also their most popular.

Deadpool and his constant 4th wall-breaking, "voices in my head" shit, and Black Panther/Wakanda being the most unashamed power fantasy in comic books.

Don't forget to make space for the Frankfags.

who said they just went from rock to flying cars?

Who says they cant learn from other countries? Does every country have to invent smelting, or machinery independently?

Wakanda was explicitly isolated.

i don't think Hudlin's is most popular, i think people just use it to get themselves mad

Everything since Hudlin is based on Hudlin's work, including the movie.

Amen to all of that

>Who says they cant learn from other countries?
They don't. We see flashbacks of previous invasion attempts by rival African nations and European colonials, and each time the invaders get rapestomped by the Wakandan's superior technology. Despite never trading scientific knowledge or resources with anyone else, they somehow make new discoveries centuries before anyone else.

You can handwave away stuff like Asgard and Atlantis because they have hax magic on their side and generally don't give a shit about the affairs of humanity. But the Wakandans somehow evolved into the most advanced human civilization on Earth just by having a special metal.

Panther God gave them a head start and blessed them with the wisdom to use Vibranium. Once they had that, they had a massive advantage over their neighbours. They became essentially unassailable.
Although they did not interact with outsiders much at all, they did have a lot of internal conflict that drove technological advancement. War has always been one of our biggest encouragements.

More, there have been several events in human history where knowledge has been lost (e.g. Royal Library of Alexandria burned down). Wakanda has never had one of these set-backs. They've been consistently improving for many centuries without a misstep. That being said, the Wakanda galactic empire concept is fucking dumb.

TL;DR - They got a boost and then avoided the pitfalls.

>Who says they cant learn from other countries?
Wakanda was severely isolated. Think Trump's wall taken to the extreme. They didn't leave their borders and they didn't allow travellers.

You're asking questions as someone who understands economics, capitalism, industrialization, etc... Or you have some inkling of those subjects, enough to spot the problem.

I'm fine with Wakanda being a sort of hidden away state with SOME advanced tech, but they're making it something literally fucking impossible even by fictional standards because it breaks world immersion having those questions come up in one's mind.

Take all the skyscrapers for instance, without the rest of the world that would mean that people in Wakanda came up with, on their own, every bit of IDEA for things like concrete, steel structures, electricity, architecture, etc etc... That's the work of literally millions of different human minds put together. Which again, apparently people in there just magically did, magically came up with all the same ideas with no reference to earlier ideas to build off of...

I like that a lot better honestly. They can be isolationist, they can have special minerals and derivatives of those minerals, but they're civilization can't look exactly like the outside worlds without the outside world having influenced in some way.

I feel like this is more about aesthetic and writing than anything. It's writers not taking these questions into consideration and showing a huge amount of ignorance in several subjects.

>That being said, the Wakanda galactic empire concept is fucking dumb.
I don't know why it is, but Marvel seems to have a unique hard-on for Wakanda over every other fantastical nation in their universe. Asgard and Atlantis get demolished every other week, but there always seems to be a WAKANDA STRONK attitude, even when they're facing off against civs that should realistically be higher on the pecking order. This galactic empire shit feels like something a writer cooked up because they wanted to make it so that Wakanda is SPECHUL, even in comparison to the Shi'Ar or the Kree.

I think it's more about the upcoming movie than anything else. That came out around the time the trailer did. Marvel comics have been following the movies around like a lovestruck puppy for a while now

Thankfully, one user decided to give a somewhat decent answer in this whole thread.

>This origin made far more sense than Hudlin's revised version
not really desu
I mean one person suddenly jumping a whole country centuries ahead isn't any more realistic than that country developing relatively advanced to others throughout it's history
If anything it's less likely
>If that were the case they would have conquered a large chunk of the planet
...unless they were to have an isolationist policy like wakanda
Seriously your "logic" fails on every point
>Hudlin's Wakanda is just a childish power fantasy
But one guy being such an amazing genius to suddenly jump a country decades ahead of everyone else isn't?
lol seriously kid
>veers into Draka levels of alternate history wank
marvel and dc are already full of alt-history wank, that's captain america's whole backstory

It really seems that you're just throwing up flimsy excuses to justify your feels

>So how were they okay with sending Gentle to the X-Mansion?
Because he is not of pure Wakandian blood. His mother fucked some Russian guy who either abandoned her or got killed and she has pretty much disowned him even after he saved his half-brother from getting ran over by a truck.

>...unless they were to have an isolationist policy like wakanda
What a convenient excuse. The Wakandans are hyped up with descriptions like "They make the Vietnamese look like the French", but throughout all of history they just so happened to have an ethical code that stops them from invading other territories.

Warrior cultures do not work like that. They expanded outwards and often took slaves from conquered peoples.

This is lazy fucking worldbuilding to maintain a status quo where Marvel's history is roughly the same as the real world's.

>marvel and dc are already full of alt-history wank, that's captain america's whole backstory
The difference in scope between the two is fucking enormous.

Captain America gained his abilities midway through the war, fought against enemies with tech and powers that could actually pose a threat against him, and then he got frozen before the war ended. He only had a few years to make an impact.

Wakanda has had millennia, and there were virtually no threats to their supremacy. They didn't have a Hydra to keep them in check. If they wanted to they could have steamrolled anyone who stood in their way. The only reason they didn't is because of author fiat.

WE

It's a power fantasy for Afrocentrists, it doesn't have to make sense.