Craig of the Creek

youtube.com/watch?v=mqgsz_neQqA

this shit is surprisingly good, why is noone talking about it, is it because it has no waifus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YPGrxmxWMSQ
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97385126
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vZg-k6RndKE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>why is noone talking about it
Ton's of people were, most of Sup Forums considers it shit

Because it's shit. Should have been about his sister.

Get that crusty ass oreo out of here, that shit dont compare my nigga TIGGLE WINKS
youtube.com/watch?v=YPGrxmxWMSQ

It’s bland
This is bland but with a little salt on it to make it acceptable.

It's boring as fuck

Don't we have enough shows about creators reliving the childhood they wish they had?

I wish my childhood was as half as exciting as this

How fucking boring do you have to be to wish your childhood was playing in the ravine? Most kids do play in the ravine and wish they were in some fantasy/sci-fi world killing dragons or robots.

This actually feels looney tunesey.

Sup Forums's mad because the lead character is black. They've come up with a bunch of retarded reasons to bitch about it like it's slice of life and therefore "just like clarence." Which is apparently a bad thing for some reason.

Oh, and there's also a white girl dating a black guy, which obviously triggers them.

It's personally not my cup of tea. The budgie girl pisses me off.

I mean, that's why kids play in the ravine. To pretend that they're having cool adventures.

>To pretend that they're having cool adventures
That's the thing though, kids want to have cool adventures, not reminisce about the things they're doing right fucking now at this point in their lives. These cartoons are made for kids, they're made for 20-something year old faggots who were too sheltered to have normal childhoods.

>it i-is Sup Forums's fault
Seriously

>Which is apparently a bad thing for some reason
It's bad because it's like Clarence but boring

Ah yes, the classic "ignore all the legitimate criticism that comes up in every thread and just accuse everyone who doesn't like it of being racist" post

You should kill yourself

Main thing I hate is the art style. Wish it was a little more wacky and unique to fit its wacky humor rather than just typical art that every CN show has right now.

>let's ignore all the legitimate criticsm

What legitimate criticism? That's my point. There hasn't been any. Just racists being retarded.

You are fucking stupid.

It would be boring trash with a white MC too. Clarence had actual interesting characters.

>Just racists being retarded
Here is the original thread you fucking idiot. Where is the racist shit? desuarchive.org/co/thread/97385126

>Is good!! I swear!!
It was so boring that i never finished it
There was no comedy in the entire pilot.

>Humour is almost non-existent, only a couple jokes are actually attempted and they fall flat on their face
>What little conflict there is is instantly resolved with a fucking friendship speech, sewer kids could have been cool antagonists in the series but immediately became friends
>Main characters have no distinguishable personalities, just quirks like the girls monologues and tall kid being dumb, hell, Craig doesn't even have a quirk so he's just "the lead"
There, some legitimate criticisms and absolutely none of them have anything to do with race.

>Art style is painfully stiff and on-model, very boring for a show about roleplaying fantasy
>Compositions are bland for a trio. Position them in more unique ways than just lining them up
>Everything is too soft and safe. Makes for a bland show. No one is dialed up to 11 like how Jeff was OCD to the max or Sumo was basically a dog-boy. Even the Grandpa is boring and nice rather than cool black Grandpa who swings his old man stick like a sword or something. They could've made a joke about how he's "the knight of the house" or something.
>Main character is boring. I can't really describe him other than "he has an imagination", but so does every character since they all made a made-up RPG map of the backwoods.
>Very little tension. In something like King of the Hill, Hank overblowing Bobby doing something embarrassing FELT drastic. Nothing here really feels drastic enough, even when ambushed by sewer kids.

Is that enough for you?

Coming from a black dude.
Looks like pseudo sentimental, poorly paced crap.

The whole thing feels disingenuous, to race, to childhood, and to children.

Clarence was a much better at portraying childhood.

>only a couple jokes
There were jokes?

The "I'm okay" grenade moment, the sex couch, and the parakeet graveyard were attempts at jokes; none of them were good though.
These days it seems like animators think a character mumbling something to himself with a sour expression is humour.

I actually like the art style.
But maybe my expectations are lower with OK KO and SU's art.

No. None of that's legitimate criticism.

Sup Forums already had a couple threads when it first came out. I like it. I'll be around whenever the series actually premieres.

pic with timestamp or gtfo

Ok, Matt.

Sup Forums already has a better version of this.

this offers nothing new, really, but it'll fill the Uncle Grandpa void of just something to watch I suppose. Plus the cat is cute. MC reminds me way too much of SpongeBob though.

I'll just sit back and anticipate the superior Clarence/Harvey Beaks spiritual successor: m.youtube.com/watch?v=vZg-k6RndKE

Because make me remember clarence without the clearly autistic main characther that serve as bait.

I like this a great deal, definitely has Clarence vibes and looks like a strong successor of the "imaginative inner lives of children" cartoon.

(((you)))

both shows have former clarence and former Harvey people on them (though it looks like the harvey people are mainly moving over to Big City Greens)

a lot of the crew on the full show (like the head non-showrunner writer (basically the guy with the same job that Matt and Ben had for SU) and many of the boarders) are black

The brothers gf is cute though. More art of her pls!

I was working on some now, actually.

Really? Sweet! What’re you working on?

What the name?

Isn’t Jeff Trammell the only Harvey Beaks alum working on CotC? Everybody else is either from Clarence, Adventure Time, or elsewhere (I know Danny Hynes left Pinky Malinky to work on the show).

The gf blowing craig and his brother

How/where can I see it? Are you posting it on /aco/

>I don't agree with the criticism, so it defaults to my kneejerk assertion being right!

The only thing I'm looking forward to is the fact that one of my favorite singers/guitarists is working on the music on the show.

It's got minors, so no go with /aco/. I'll post it to /delicious/ on twotimeschan.

>I'm a manchild perpetually stuck with a 12 year old's intellect
>I think that if I bitch about everything that makes me look cool and mature

Cool. How much have you got done?

Inking now, should be done in an hour

Will you link to it when you finish?

Nah, I've been banned for links before, you'll just have to look on /delicious/

Mods are huge cunts.

why is his bag of holding a purse why couldn't he use his bookbag as one?

why is his older brother giving cringy lines like " there's more important things in life, Like love and homework "
i know im like a fucking man n shit but why they have to be cringy in cartoons?

Because his backpack is a thing he uses for school.

His brother's line is typical older brother.

What's cringy about any of this? Get a life.

>i need a bag to store all of my items in
>Grabs a fucking purse
>not emptying out bookbag to store all of your magical items in
what type of faggot you have to be to take a woman's purse and use it as a bag of holding? the creators could've called it a satchel, but they want to be progressive and call it a purse

older brother has to be around 15, that doesn't sound like an older brother type to me sounds like a fucking cuck and that's cringe within itself

this user is right, the creek kids could've been some cool antagonists but failed.

>Implying that's not always his bag of holding
>implying the real faggot isn't the one who worries about that kind of shit

I know you're just fucking with the people in this thread, but sincerely go fuck yourself.

>I'm an insecure child that has to validate everything or else I run the risk of becoming a cynic
It's ok to not like things.
It's ok for things to be bad.
This show being bad doesn't mean the end of cartoons.

A purse is a fashion accessory. It's not practical for doing things in the woods or going on adventures.

The brother's line was weak, and I don't know how any kid watching this show would think he was an amusing, interesting, or a necessary character.

Honestly, you are just being hostile because people don't like something that you like. What's wrong with letting people not like something? You're still are still aloud to like it, you know. Claiming people are "racists", telling them to "get a life (on Sup Forums of all places, ironically)", and calling a person a "faggot" is not going to convince anyone here that the show you like is good. Try being a better advocate for things you like instead of driving people away. Why not prove people wrong in this thread by posting things in show that you think are good, instead of stooping to other people's levels?

He'll keep that purse of holding user he has it on his shelf for a reason but regardless, its still a shit show user, most of Sup Forums will agree on that one.You can defend it if you want,but i'll say its better than ttg so you have that

It's not OK to make up phony reasons to hate cartoons because somebody else told you so, and you're desperate to fit in and make friends.

Exactly. It's his bag of holding prop that he uses for his larping. Same with the prop staff. But you're so insecure about your sexuality you cringe at the possibility that a fictional character might seem effeminate while larping.

Jesus, you sound miserable.

Mitsuboshi Colors

The reasons in this thread are valid, and this site is anonymous, so I doubt there's a lot of anons looking for validation.
I think you're just hurt because you've grown attached to a bad show.

>The reasons are valid

lol, no

I don't think he sounds miserable at all, but I think you're kind of pathetic for having the need to put down an user like that.
Why don't you explain that, if you're so confident these are phony excuses.
I mean, if you're the one who's right and they are the ones who are wrong, that shouldn't be an issue.

>implying im insecure about homos and shit
idgaf i just don't see a reason to call it "The purse of holding " just call it a bag of holding this is my only gripe along with the brother, it seems like they want you to know its a purse for a reason.
my little brother got shot and died to a bullet, i am a very depress and miserable person

>Implying

No, I'm quite explicit. You're a huge pussy.

What do you mean they're not valid? How are they not? They're valid enough for people to not like the show. Are you saying this show is objectively good, and we're stupid for not "getting it"? It's fine if you think so, but then please enlighten us on how this show is good instead of making yourself look like an unsympathetic jackass.

Is this your first day on Sup Forums? There are people MUCH more miserable on here and on other boards than that user. Maybe you're too joyous to be here, user. Maybe you should go find another, gentler website to share your interest of cartoons with. If you don't like people calling things you like shit, you certainly won't like it here.

only the puffiest pussy, because i have opinions.
thanks user for letting me see the light

>We're stupid?

Obviously.

because its boring

why aren't cartoon characters LIKABLE jerks anymore?

their either doing some sort of pandering, a kid, and not mega XLR

Nice job taking a small bit out of my whole post and clearly misunderstanding it entirely. Also, I didn't only just say "We're stupid?". You're just taking things out of context. Look, I know you're just trying be cute and troll everyone, but don't you think your time would be better spent enjoying cartoons as opposed to looking like a fool to a bunch of strangers on the internet?

Well whatever. I guess most people on here are just as dumb for actually responding to your low quality posts. I'm only responding to you because I honestly want to hear from you what you thought was actually good about this show. It's more likely that you actually don't like this show and that you're saying what you're saying just to ruin online communities and discussions as opposed to encourage them.

>user puts down people
>put down user
>"your pathetic for putting down user"

Thoughts and prayers.

>call someone miserable
>must be new because /r9k/
I don't follow this logic.

Too problematic in today's environment, have you noticed how frighteningly similar shows like Summer Camp Island look to this picture that at some point I'm sure was supposed to be an exaggeration?

damn thats one smug looking anime girl

Doesn't BoJack Horseman count?

i'm not sure I'd call bojack a "likable jerk". I mean I can see the comparison but he's more like.. a pitiable jerk, or a character who can be likable in the vacuum of a particular scene or episode but is often an indefensible jerk who neither wants nor deserves to be liked for his jerkiness.

Comics like this just display a lack of understanding. What's considered a safe space and how they're used should be criticized, but the phrase is used for people like veterans suffering from PTSD or victims of different types of violence to find places psychological healing. To label it as SJW almost implying that only SJWs care about mental health. Then again, that might be the point as the concept of triggers is used as a source of humor.

Who are you quoting? Why don't you speak in proper grammar? Also, I never mentioned /r9k/. What makes you think I was even referring to that sad excuse for a board? I'm afraid I don't follow your logic either, user. Plus, you quoted the wrong post. In the post you quoted, I didn't mention you being new. That was my previous post.

Anyway, it's clear you're just here to shitpost and not talk about cartoons or have a serious discussion like an adult. I guess expecting people to act like adults on a website for ages +18 is just too much to ask.

Have a good night, user. I hope you learn how to insult people better and how to actually have an opinion on something.

Goodnight user. Tomorrow's a new day with new opportunities.

>everyone who criticizes anything featuring black people is an evil Sup Forums nazi!!
>people still say Sup Forumsmblr isnt real

>>implying the real faggot isn't the one who worries about that kind of shit
>YOURE THEY GAY ONE IF YOU THINK WEARING A PURSE IS GAY

What did she mean by this?

You do realize it's saying that's what a SHWs safe space would look like right?

But there's not nearly enough references to debates of race relations, gender identity, and Steven Universe.

It's gonna take me a while to see Tilly as not wearing glasses since her design is so similar to Tina Belcher's.

Bojack is for adults, just like South Park, Family Guy, Rick & Morty. All of which have likable jerks, so there isn't really a short there for adults.

But for kids? Yeah. Seems like every fucking protagonist is a happy, naive, optimistic little kid. It's honestly probably why Gumball and TTG are so fucking big with CN because kids enjoy jerks, cynical humor and extreme slapstick just as much as the next guy.

>this shit is surprisingly good
But its not, its shit

>legitimate criticism
W E W

Your childhood was less than half as exciting as playing in the creek?

>WHATWEGOTHEREWHATWEGOTHERE
>GOT SOME SOYBOIS ON CO AND BIG GUYS ON TV
>WHATWEGOTHERE

B A U H A U S

Adorable hillbilly girls are always a plus

Genuine question, do we know anything about where the creators grew up. Because I noticed this kid with an SHS on their clothes and I'm curious if that's a reference to a school.