A serious discussion about N.Ireland reunited with the South

Should the North of Ireland rejoin with the south?

First off let's establish that the Modern and post War of Independence IRA are cancer. Why?:

>Trying to take on a Miltary super power with bottles on fire and by bombing pubs and school bus'
>Wew

Apart from the IRA fags I support it. Having just the North is useless, and I think it will became inevitable in the future and therefor we should stop putting tax money into a project or country that will surely be lost.

And then the Ireland should be governed by the ethnic Irish.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Bishopsgate_bombing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

The Northern Irish don't want it, and the will of the people will be carried out.

I'd argue more Irish would want to remake the UK whole than have northern Ireland join the south.

What about bombing the heart of the """Empire's""" financial system with minimal casualties and maximum financial loss?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Bishopsgate_bombing

Genius military strategy and a pretty effective motivator to start the Good Friday agreement

PS We don't want the North

What if republicanism became the majority?

NI has been left toxic by the troubles, the south doesn't want it. Most British people don't want it either.

>350 Mil
>A lot
>Try again mush

Then what do they want faggot?

Probably this.

You've worded this thread very maturely OP and with that in mind I will try and be as unbiased as possible.

As far as I'm concerned the Republic could not afford and has no desire to put up with the bullshit of what is now Northern Ireland. It's sad. The greater Belfast area and Ulster has always been the power house of Ireland. The money spinner and industrial nucleus.

Or at least one of them to give (even in the 20th century very protestant and Unionist) Dublin and the maratime interests in Cork and vaguely Galway their credit but Ulster got fucked over. Fucked over by the paramilitaries making it untouchable to foreign business with the troubles and fucked over by the Government outsourcing pretty much all of it's integral industry until Northern Ireland is a parasite dependent on Britain and the EU.

Now we're out of the EU (thank fuck otherwise) Northern Ireland is REALLY fucked (and I think this is actually good if it means the government is forced into making us somehow self sufficient again but) so fucked that no one with half a brain would suggest a United Ireland any time soon. Least of all the Irish government or the thinking Taxpayer of the Republic.

Northern Ireland is a historically hard working industrial and farming nucleus and one were progressive politics has barely took hold. It's great. I love Northern Ireland but we've been really fucked over not least by ourselves and it doesn't do anyone any good to just call it quits and start leeching off a barely any better country down South instead of picking up the pieces ourselves.

I mean looking at it over the wealth of Irish history it's tragic that we're at a point were Ulster of all counties isn't the most desirable for annexing.

Republicans want the North but any reasonable person understands that the south doesn't want the economic, social or political implications of inheriting an effectively 3rd World un-self-sufficient province.

Regardless our government plays along so the Republicans will vote for them.

Strategic effect of being able to detonate a bomb in the global finincial area of the country had not been seen since WW2. Pretty big deal imo

Yeah I understand the economic side, which is furthermore why I support the North leaving. It's a burden we shouldn't face. As far as I'm concerned the Irish War of Independence and the creation of the public is enough reason to unload it, if you want Ireland to your self fine, take it all.

And also I think it's valid to notice that Republicanism is on the rise and more and more people are supporting Independence. It's becoming a lost cause.

No that's the complete opposite of the economic side I put forth.

Anyway Republicanism isn't on the rise it's fallen dramatically in every census and Poll in the 21st century whats on the rise is international apathy and globalism. You may be referring to the passport bullshit after Brexit. Which was just liberal protest not a sudden shit to Republicanism.

Northern Ireland wasn't a burden to the UK in prior to the 1960s. Not the way it is now.

English politicians sold out it's homegrown industry to the third world and English politicians made it yet another welfare state. Unfortunately Westminster can't throw up it's hands and say not our problem when they were directly at fault.

>if you want Ireland to your self fine, take it all.
I'm not a Republican in any shape or form.

>What if republicanism became the majority?

What if NI cloned dinosaurs and their Jurassic parks reinvigorated the economy? Would they want Reunification then?

>Modern and post war IRA are cancer
M8, they beat you. You dont get to complain once they beat you.

If people vote for it then yeah. Stop wanging on about it though.
Its an embarassment. IRA and that stuff its embarassing to some of us.

>A serious conversation
>about Northern Ireland
My sides.

>Beat the UK
>Northern Ireland is still British
>I kek'd Kiwi

A united Ireland is inevitable.

>PS We don't want the North

t. cuck

Ulster is rightful Irish clay and should be returned.

All of Ireland was in the UK. Not even all of Ulster is now. It's a sham. NI is a welfare state. Have to laugh though- they get the pros of being in the UK (NHS) but none of the cons (mass immigration). I'm not too surprised they don't want to leave. They milk England good. And foe what? So they can wave some union jacks around.

Stop using the word "South" to describe the Republic. It triggers my autism.

We get a bit of immigration.

Probably loads of illegals once the UK can finally start cracking down on it in a few years. With all the Pakis and Niggs going to Ireland instead and just hopping the border.

Donegal is just a holiday home it doesn't count.

>Northern Ireland
>Relevent
My sides are orbiting the sun

The thoughts pakis and nigs anywhere in Ireland is disgusting. Anyway, I don't think NI will leave unless there is a referendum and they vote for it. Which could be a while.

Ask Paisley if the GFA was a victory or a defeat.

A united Ireland in the UK is what existed in the 19th century before Britain famined everyone. Good job. Can't see it happening again anytime soon. Irish wouldn't trust Britain.