She's getting cut from the new show, right?

She's getting cut from the new show, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SGUqwaORfbU
youtube.com/watch?v=qeo5moeV254
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They cut her from the original show after only two shorts. What makes you think she'll even get one this time?

>it's time for Animaniacs
>we're voice artists and he's a lawyer now
>Dot was made up all along
>there's no good rhymes in this song
>the studio is desperate
>help us please they have our children
>oh god help us
>ani-mani-acs
>reboots are crap

Duh. So is The Nurse.
They will just crank the obnoxious nature of the Warners to 11 and leave it there.

Pinky & The Brain may have more built in protections.

Be honest. Were minerva skits ever that good? Think with your brain and not your dick to answer

Definitely not getting any of her own shorts, unless they redesign her character/personality. It worked for Lola Bunny in The Looney Tunes Show.
But I'd like to think they'd use her for a background character otherwise. Kinda like they did in the later episodes of the original run.

I think Hello Nurse is gonna stay, mainly due to the Warner brother's catchphrase, but probably will be redesigned to not be so buxom.

Not really, no. The one with Newt the hunting dog was ok at best. The other one with Wilford Wolf was pure fap and schlick bait. What with her and that Fabio wolf.

She did had several comic shorts.

Honestly, MOST of the Animaniacs shorts that weren't the Warners, Pinky and the Brain, Slappy Squirrel or Good Idea/Bad Idea were pretty awful which is why I felt TTA was slightly better:

>Buttons and Mindy was aggravating as hell
>Rita and Runt, despite Rita's nice vocals, always bored me as a kid
>Goodfeathers, Chicken Boo and Katie Kaboom were one-note jokes
>Minerva and The Dancing Hippos were never funny

Of course. Not for nothing, but Minerva was an even worse character than the Hip Hippos. She existed near-specifically for the sex appeal. The entire gag of her two shorts was "doofus men fall in lust with her but she's a stuck-up bitch". If they try to change her character, she won't be "the real Minerva", and that will piss off fans. If they bring her in as she was in the original show, she'll have one short at best before she becomes a background/cameo character again.

Let her remain what she is now: Rule 34's furry ambassador.

I don't remember actually seeing any when I was kid. I can only remember wondering who she was.

>shittalking Goodfeathers

I'm reporting you to the Godpigeon, motherfucker.

Meh, no big loss. I always preferred Hello Nurse over Minerva anyway.

They were able to get away with more in the comics.

And those were still the same kind of one-note joke that her shorts were - only with sexier outfits and poses.

The more important question is do you think they'll keep the original skits or update them? I mean hardly anyone will remember goodfellas now. Will they bring them back anyway or take the piss out of more recent movies?

Will they rag on say, SU and Star the same way they did Barney and other pop culture contemporaries?

I can see the first episode being an absolutely terrible revival ala nu-PPG until the original warners crash onto the show to rip it to shreds both literally and sarcastically.

Official Animaniacs Tier List:
God Tier
>Warners
>Pinky and the Brain
>Slappy
Hit and Miss Tier:
>Goodfeathers
>Buttons and Mindy
Shit Tier:
>Minerva
>Those Fucking Hippos
Below Shit Tier:
>Chicken Boo
Off to one side:
>Rita and Runt work great as serious stories on their own, but when I watch Animaniacs I'm never in a Rita and Runt mood.

She wasn't too bad in the Xena parody one. I liked how she just had terrible pun after terrible pun.
But yeah, still fap bait.

She doesn't look like a mink. She's not funny. And she's blatantly unlikable. Glad she's gone. This isn't like how CN got rid of Miss Bellum who was actually a useful character.

I would like to think they'll introduce new characters to replace the outdated/shitty ones. The Hippos, Minerva, the Goodfeathers, and Buttons & Mindy are definitely on the chopping block. Rita & Runt is a closer call, given that they can always use more musical numbers, but the characters got a perfect sendoff in Wakko's Wish.

That was the objectively best thing they ever did with Minerva (other than showing off her naked silhouette in each of her two shorts).

So yeah, the point is that the comics let them get away with more.

Probobly not. That doesn't mean we wont get some furry cheesecake character, though.

Most likely they will update their roster and try to parody more recent WB movies like the DC movies, Harry Potter franchise, the LOTR franchise and so on.

It also depends on what kind of writers they get to run the show.

Watch them recycle this for a Wonder Woman parody.

I've heard worse ideas.

Chicken Boo was some good shit

didn't she get fat in one episode?

Not that I recall.

Nurse could still be there without the fawning over her.

They were typical one-note skits for the show, but sometimes they did clever visual gags with it. At the very least, they didn't beat her segment into the ground unlike Goodfeathers.

yes, a hair cut!
man, that tail must be murder to keep clean
no wonder she showered in all her shorts

>Rita and Runt work great as serious stories on their own, but when I watch Animaniacs I'm never in a Rita and Runt mood.
Well said. And agreed.

Probably not, or there'd be a shitton of fat fetish art of her.

I'm more concerned about just having the whole crew together, if Mina is cut out, then who else could be?

>if Mina is cut out, then who else could be?
I'd be fine if most of them were cut and they tried making a new batch of side characters. 90% of them only have one joke to tell, and lord knows they've told it.

was there an MST reference?

>if Mina is cut out, then who else could be?

Literally any character that is not the Warners and Pinky & The Brain. There is no obligation for the new show to use any of the old characters save for the Warners themselves and the two characters popular enough to get their own successful spinoff. If the new Animaniacs crew wants to get rid of everyone but the Warners and the lab mice, only WB management could stop them.

...OH MY GOD I NEVER NOTICED THAT MST-3K THING THERE

that too and the lady who did Rita's voice is dead i think.

no, Bernadette Peters is still alive and kicking, she just got too expensive for the showrunners to keep using.

>Minerva was an even worse character than the Hip Hippos
shut the fuck up
peddle your bullshit lies elsewhere

I sure hope Freakazoid returns too.

What if they integrated Freakazoid into Animaniacs as one of their characters? It would allow them to poke fun at the recent cape movies easily.

Still alive. She's 69 now.

The Hip Hippos were a shitty one-note joke, but at least that joke had a purpose - to mock rich dumbasses (and to low-key mock fat people). Minerva's entire purpose was to help kids going through puberty jerk off.

They're not going to turn down that sweet sweet disposable furry cash.

She and Hello Nurse will stand up to their harassers. Minerva will definitely be less of an airhead.

The likely calarts-y style will cause them to lose a lot of their sex appeal anyway so who cares. We will never get breasts in our cartoons like we did in the 90's and some of the early 2000's ever again lol

I guess one thing to wonder is how contemporary do they want to keep it? Because I can kind of see them doing some kind of Beyonce Single Ladies parody with Nurse, Minerva, and Dot.

Nothing to do with the aforementioned characters but, it doesn't take a psychic to know that Ponies (and likely Bronies too) are absolutely something that will be parodied on the new show.

>Minerva's entire purpose was to help kids going through puberty jerk off.
So a noble cause, you're saying?

The people working at Hulu and the people working on the new Animaniacs can know this about me (and anyone who chooses to sign this post in agreement)

NO MINERVA = NO INTEREST IN NEW ANIMANIACS = NO HULU SUBSCRIPTION

More importantly will new Animaniacs still red pill

>be watching Pinkie and the Brain
>Brain establishes Brainania as a country to fleece the world for foreign aid money
>Brain visits the white house and meets Bill and Hillary Clinton
>Hillary trying to sell Uranium 238 in exchange for foreign aid money
>Bill throws up his hands "Ah dun even know wut is goin on"

Originally aired in 1995

I've always found it funny how the Minerva skits had THE best animation of the entire two episodes she was placed in. That's some next-level dedication.

no

fucking cosgrove is dead
why bother...

Ed Asner's not dead yet.

well, with a body like that, she needed every celluloid ounce of it.

fuck, i was thinking of abe vagoda then

Definitely.

IIRC The Japanese studio liked her.

this will be on hulu right? yeah she's gone maybe if this was netflix there might be one token short for her. oh well, better than having them come back as a virtue signal message against sexism, heh.....r-right?

The ONLY consistently good Animaniacs sketches were Pinky and the Brain and Good Idea/Bad Idea. The Warners had as many terrible sketches as good ones, Slappy had maybe one good sketch, Buttons and Mindy were a cheap copy of an old gag, Runt and Rita were boring as shit.

It's kind of funny. People remember Animaniacs more fondly but Taz-mania was funnier.

she always looked so soft and like 4ft tall too
i wanna hug her!

>She doesn't look like a mink.

So was she a dork before, or is that just fan characterization?

fan shit
she was always that haughty, stuck up bitch who would drop you for a richer or better looking guy.

I could see them updating Goodfellas to be more of a Sopranos parody as that's a fair bit more fresh

wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe have him show up a couple times

lol now we're beginning to get underneath the surface of the REAL reason you're so adamant about Minerva not being in the new show.

It's either "I hate Minerva because she embodies the 20% of women who are jerks, one of whom would dump me, and incidentally I hate all women as a result of this,"
Or,
"I'm on an anti-SJW crusade, and I know SJWs must hate Minerva, so let's attack in advance."

Spoken like the 20% of men who are jerks.

Let's get the other 80% of us together and presume the worst more peacefully than this.

>No more Minerva Mink
>No more Hello Nurse
Why bother?

>Slappy had maybe one good sketch
I would say opinion discarded but you're spot-on about the rest.

Childhood is preferring Animaniacs
Adulthood is realizing Tiny Toons was better

>>She existed near-specifically for the sex appeal

And this is supposed to be a bad thing today, right? Sigh

They better not cut Pinky and the Brain.

youtube.com/watch?v=SGUqwaORfbU

What if Minerva was secretly a genius like the reporter from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs?

That's like saying "They better not cut the coconut from the Almond Joy/Mounds"

Pinky & The Brain are ESSENTIAL to what Animaniacs is. Characters like Minerva and the Goodfeathers are the wallpaper and furniture components of the house. Pinky & The Brain are the goddamn floor beams and the house falls apart if you take them away.

Relax, they were on the official artwork accompanying the press release and Maurice LaMarche has confirmed he's been rehired.

Most likely.
But I'd rather see this evil get banished first.

>forgetting about Katie Ka-boom

If we are to believe the movie and one of the songs, that's Hello Nurse's description.

With good reason.

I do not remember the flame

Purrfection.

She was in multiple shorts, jackass.

That could work.

Alternatively they could use her for skits parodying Wonder Woman, star wars, or any role scarlet johanson has ever been in. A commentary on these starlets who have their appearances honed down to a razor's edge as part of their fame.

And her early concepts she had even bigger tits and was a parody of the show Just Ask Julie

I can't wait until they're given to an animation studio that treats them like shit and makes them dab while completely butchering the side characters

Can you imagine a short with both dealing with those nowadays standars for them?...

>mfw I enjoyed her moments as it finally put the Warners in shit.

>mfw they got her to cross paths with Mindy and make Buttons smile

He only appeared in three episodes relating to American history ("The Flame" (Declaration of Independence), "The Flame Returns" (Paul's Revere's Ride), "Oh Say Can You See" (Star-Spangled Banner)). Pretty dull but nothing offensively bad.

Move Slappy up a tier and Buttons and Mindy down a tier. Bam

That's friggin' cute.

Yes but that was because she was shit.
The reboot will cut her because feminism.

>fag didn't watch the show

Her character design is great they just need to expand her personality and give her material that can be milked for longer than just one or two shorts.

I definitely laughed at her comics more than I did her cartoon appearances so it wouldn't hard to look to her comic version for some influence, I think.

reminder that mink are vicious predators
youtube.com/watch?v=qeo5moeV254

>give her material that can be milked
I can think of a couple things

>The Warners had as many terrible sketches as good ones
Fuck, I'm glad someone else feels like this. I can't get into the Warners at all anymore and I can't figure out why.
You're wrong about Slappy though, faggot.

These niggas get it.

>Animaniacs love to pester and annoy people
>They visit a typical neckbeard in his 20s and accomplish this by acting like typical millennial

This. Plucky, Montana Max, Buster Bunny, Babs Bunny (no relation), Hamton...really miss the whole crew honestly.

Tiny Toons may not have hit the peaks Animaniacs did, but at least it never fell into the pits like Animaniacs

But she never got a Japanese-animated short. Just ones animated in Korea, Chicago and Taiwan.

If they ever reboot Tiny Toons, I just hope they never get Kennedy cartoons, or anything similar, to animate them

She had two shorts, one by Akom (South Korea) and one by StarToons (USA). What's the third one you're referring to?

Whyever would you say that?

So is everyone except Warners and Pinky & the Brain.

Probably her frequent appearences in Wang shorts in the Kids WB seasons.

I bet Minerva's always wanted to be a comedian but had to fall back on being eye candy due to her lame jokes.