Why didn't you like it Sup Forums?

Why didn't you like it Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/tldr/2017/11/27/16705728/marvel-studios-kevin-feige-mcu-infinity-war-phase-three-iron-man-anniversary
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My biggest gripe is race swapping Flash.

In an attempt to be different from past Spider-Man movies, it lost what made the others (mainly Raimi's) so enjoyable. Chirst, Peter doesn't even really "fight" The Vulture, Uncle Ben is like an elephant in the room no one wants to reference directly, and the joy of skyscraper web swinging is gone. But the biggest fault is perhaps the supporting cast, who are either annoying or nonexistent. Furthermore, Tony's involvement was like the Disney corporation personified in this movie; a babysitter who doesn't trust Spider-Man alone, and only there to remind people HES PART OF THE MCU NOW! and whatnot. I did like Karen though, gives Peter a better excuse to monologue/talk to himself

I never saw it

I did. Michael Keaton was just amazing.

But I loved it!

I liked it, but way too much Stark. I can't get behind any version of teen Spider-Man that would willingly subjugate himself to a mentor.
Also Stark essentially sent the FBI guys on the ferry to their deaths. How the fuck were they supposed to deal with super weapons. Pete was the only reason they survived. Wtf, Tony?

Standards.

They should've found a way to namedrop Uncle Ben and Tony should've been less annoying

Overall I liked it though
Holland is BY FAR my favourite depiction of Spider-Man

It wasn't a Spider-Man movie, it was an Avengers Junior corpse movie, and I am sick of the Avengers meanwhile am a big fan of Spider-Man

/thread

Too much Stark. I get not wanting to rehash Uncle Ben, but him being so absent in Peter's character and motivation was weird as fuck. Keaton was good, but the scene with him and Peter in the car just reminded me of how much better than Thanksgiving dinner scene with Norman in SM1 was.

It wasn't bad, and was a hell of a step up from ASM2, but it didn't really seem any better than ASM1 which wasn't anything to write home about.

Not evne that, he was a weedy little nobody who was non threatening and served no role. He didn't properl establish Peter's unpopularity because nobody would ever take a whimp like him seriously.

Flash is a chad, you need that to establish a proper scene for puny parker, if you don't have that then Peter seems more normal and not behind the eightball.

He was also a huge fucking selfish pussy to fucking absurd heights, liek the elevator scene wher ehe tries to save the trophy. Or the car scene, where Spidey steals his car.

OG Flash would've given his car to spidey no questions asked and wished him good luck, showing that maybe Flash isn't such a bad guy and hinting at hsi growth later as one of Paker's friends.

Him and black Mary Jane were the fucking worst.

le epic disney formula

Tom Holland is the worst thing to happen to the fucking MCU and killed it. Marvel fucked up the greatest opportunity that had and gave us everything wrong and horrible about "spider-man" instead.

You know what really would have sufficed? Just one flashback of Pete having a good time with Uncle Ben when he was at his low point in the movie. Like directly after he gets his suit taken away, he thinks about a day when Ben gave him some kind/wise words, and then he goes on to un-fuck his school life. THEN when he's either at the dance thinking about whether or not to chase Toomes, or perhaps he's under the rubble, he hears Ben to give him the push he needs. I think what's really fucking with people is that even though Ben Parker exists in this universe, he doesn't have a face for the audience to identity with, and just this vague thread dangling that no one wants to talk about. You don't need to see him getting shot again, but even a framed photo would have sufficed

The villain was great but outside of that it just wasn't very good.

>Their beauty and their style wear kind of smooth after awhile.

Yeah it also shows they have no fucking clue Flash becomes Agent Venom later, so they shoot themselves in the foot for establishing something later on with a complete miscast. The Flash in ASM was perfect, the right mix of thugish bully, suave ladies man, complete prick... except he had his moments like when Ben died and he was sympathetic. And at the end he made up with Peter. THAT's FLASH.

But no, whoever wrote this has no fucking clue.

What are you talking about? Do you not recall the scene where he remembers Uncle ben buying him Ben and Jerrys and talking about how he fought in nam? He wen on and on for like twenty minutes monologing about how the jews caused everything and not to trust minorities, and the camera kept panning in and in on his face till it was just his eye, and then when it zooms out Peter finds the strength to lift the rubble Michael Keaton trapped him under.

Despite wanting to distance themselves from the Raimi trilogy they somehow managed to do Uncle Ben's rant shit again, only longer.

They could have pulled it off by presenting Flash as the type who is popular because his family is loaded and he throws around cash, but the film makes it look like nobody has a problem with him running around acting like a jackass. Black MJ is such a non-character it's hard to have an opinion about her. The random African kid has just as much characterization and far better bantz despite having maybe five lines in the film.

I feel like that was one of the decisions SONY was responsible for, along with that weird opening with the video diary. From the leaked SONY emails, they had this odd obsession about making a snapchat Spider-Man movie. As for Flash Venom, its not a huge loss, but it is rather confusing regarding this entire Venom solo movie debacle.

Look, even discounting Agent Venom, which is a mistake, Flash's character would've been a great way to show Peter's changing personality and him blossoming into a man and gaining respect and friends. Because Flash is the guy you use to sound off where Peter is in the social hierarchy of the school, and his life really. So showing Spider-Man win over Flash's respect first, and the slowly Peter himself, you get to give growth to both of them as well as the environment around him.

>Yeah it also shows they have no fucking clue Flash becomes Agent Venom later

Uh, just how much later do you expect these films to last for? Because if you're talking about the comics, we would need an entire black suit Spidey arc, an entire Venom arc, and an entire Carnage arc at least before an Agent Venom arc, and that is being liberal and cutting the fat out of having solo Venom movies. Not that it would fit in the MCU anyway, if you think the MCU could do symbiotes justice you are nuts.

>Uh, just how much later do you expect these films to last for?

theverge.com/tldr/2017/11/27/16705728/marvel-studios-kevin-feige-mcu-infinity-war-phase-three-iron-man-anniversary

>Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige says the next 20 Marvel films will be ‘completely different’

Flash Thompson honestly works better as a venom stand alone, and that's because you don't need the venom symbiote backstory to establish it.

This is because the VENOM program already has the symbiote available from an undisclosed location. This gives you leeway to set it up later, while still being able to have OG Eddie in the Spiderman film wiht Agent being later. You could even have Eddie as a supproting cast memebr in Agent's film to set him up for a film set earlier.

All you need is for criplped Flash to be offered a second chance to serve his country as Venom, There's no convoluted revenge plot that makes no sense, nor a church scene with a sin eater set up required, just a nice and simple clean tie in.

I love Eddie, but by far the worst thing about him is his reasons for hating Peter, he's a good character besides that, but that's needed some reworking for a long time.

The girlfriend "Liz" was just an awful acting job - like so bad it brought down the rest of the movie.

>All you need is for criplped Flash to be offered a second chance to serve his country as Venom, There's no convoluted revenge plot that makes no sense, nor a church scene with a sin eater set up required, just a nice and simple clean tie in.
>I love Eddie, but by far the worst thing about him is his reasons for hating Peter, he's a good character besides that, but that's needed some reworking for a long time.

All you need is Eddie to be discraced by Spider-Man in some way, any way, to spark his mentally unstable crusade. Part of Eddie is that he is indeed a fucking mental case, and hell for years they went with the non canon route of making the symbiote evil by nature to excuse Pete of getting rid of it going against the comics, they could easily do the reverse and make it so the symbiote corrupted Eddie's already vulnerable mind state with a heightened hated of Spider-Man due to the symbiote's own agenda, which is already kind of implied in the comics anyway

I'm sorry, but doing an Agent Venom movie before a proper Venom movie is everything wrong with the MCU times ten and you're part of the problem if you think that is a good idea

>I'm sorry, but doing an Agent Venom movie before a proper Venom movie is everything wrong with the MCU times ten and you're part of the problem if you think that is a good idea
oh fuck off with this shit. The reason it's better is because you get to have Venom in the MCU and you get to let the symbiote make sense. Otherwise you get the smoking shit script that was leaked where the symbiote has nothing to do with spiderman at all, with Agent Venom you have a large gap of time between movies where you don't know where the suit comes from so you can do a proper spiderman movie with it. Having the suit show up outta nowhere or the shitty ultimate excuse is terrible, and having Carnage being a mob hitman, and fill the role for spiderman is also terrible. Venom has his origins tied to spider-man, and straying from that divorces him from the spiderman continuity, so with Flash you don't need that disconnect, and you get sequel bait teasing Eddie.

As for Eddie being mentally unstable, that's not a thing til he loses literally everything, and they've spent years reworking it so it makes sense. Like, who they added the cancer plotline, or how his wife leaving him doesn't make much sense wiht how she acts towards him so they spent an arc in lethal protector's run trying to explain his family.

Agent Venom is just because Ennis called dibs on Punisher for Max and Marvel realized they need to make another edgy vigilante in the main universe for a minute

Loved it. There is a reason it did better than any Dceu film that year in the box office

Nah, you should work for MCU with that kind of garbage mind though. I bet you would have thought of how they handled the Mandarin with that kind of backwards anti fan thinking.

Shut the fuck up.

I watched the Raimi movies after watching this farce. to remind myself that I liked Spiderman

Where did it all go wrong?

Exactly. No one understands the story, the characters, basic human interaction enough to get that. Why is it so easy for us?

Tom Holland doesn't get it because Holland's lived the most cushy life imaginable. His dad is a rich actor/entertainer guy himself. He's never been the involuntary social outcast to spiritual relate to Peter enough to get that and bring it into the character. Holland is a social media obsessed faggot and thinks a guy with no friends, no social life and more interest in science, technology, the abstract realm of ideas would even care about that stuff too. He doesn't get it and the people at Disney-Marvel surely don't get it.

> Because if you're talking about the comics, we would need an entire black suit Spidey arc, an entire Venom arc, and an entire Carnage arc at least before an Agent Venom arc,

This could have been easily done if they started in medias res, started with an older Peter already established at the Bugle and working with Brock. The Guardians of the Galaxy could have the venom symbiote abroad their ship unwittingly and Peter gets the symbiote in Infinity War, powering him up to take on Thanos' minions more too. The next Spider-Man movie afterwards would have been about him getting rid of the suit and Venom and Carnage coming into play.

You're right that it's later down Peter's timeline, but that's why they fucked up starting at the beginning again. They didn't with Hulk even! And that worked! We haven't seen Hulk's MCU origins barely, just a little flashback to SOMETHING. It's a lack of knowledge of the character coupled with a complete lack of creative vision.

I still think they should get Joe Pesci to play Uncle Ben if they ever do a flashback.

>slaves built the Washington monument

20 minutes of cell phone footage. 30 minutes of iron man. the best action scenes involve "suit lady" which is essentially more ironman. what was the length like 110 minutes? it's a fucking avengers spinoff. it's not even about spiderman. i haven't rewatched it since the theater. almost half the movie is just cringe and nothing to do with spiderman. the whole movie is about him becoming an avenger. the ending is shit and probably foreshadowing the future of the MCU when spiderman comes out publicly (tony stark standing right behind him of course)

We're all slaves, man

>It's a lack of knowledge of the character coupled with a complete lack of creative vision.

No, it's the fact that the MCU are complete corporate whores. The only reason we will never have more Hulk fleshed out is because Universal studios still owns part of the rights, that is it. It comes down to money and a lack of greased hands for the higher ups, there is nothing creative about the MCU, it all comes down to corporate businessmen trying to see who they can or can't fuck over.

At that point they may as well use CG since he'd be 75+.

The ferry scene pissed me off so much. Oh look, Pete's about to learn a hard lesson about the responsibilities of being a hero by having this whole thing literally go down in flames with lots of casualties- oh, wait. Nope. Iron Man saves the day. There are no consequences. Everyone knows the story of Spider-Man is one that isn't about consequences of actions, right?

Also the "if this be my destiny" moment could have been so damn good but it only lasted 5 seconds, so the whole struggle to overcome it was, dare I say, weightless.

>>It's a lack of knowledge of the character coupled with a complete lack of creative vision.

>No, it's the fact that the MCU are complete corporate whores.

I don't see how those two contradict each other user. They have no creative vision because they're corporate whores. Ironically, they'd make more money by making a phenomenal product instead of shitting something out and relying on brand recognition.

Manletman's sugar daddy twinkster heroics didn't appeal to me.

I liked it a bunch but it had a lot of "not muh" stuff in it.

>"With great power comes a Tony Stark scholarship" - Uncle Who?

It's didn't get interesting til the last 30 minutes, you know, when it suddenly turned into a spider man movie

I liked spiderman from civil war but after the trailers i knew this movie would be disappointing. so what problems does peter have? hes like the stepson of stark so he isnt going to be having money problems. May is also not that old so she might also have a good job. he doesn't make the suit himself and now it has AI and instant kill. cares way too much about stark and avengers. there were pretty good moments in the movie but i dont feel like i know this peter. I just wanted to vent so badly.