I Hate Fairyland

Series returns next month after a long hiatus. Let's talk about Skottie Young's magnum opus.

I completely forgot what happened last. Was it happy showing up in hell?

I HATE FAIRYLAND #16

>“HELL OF A TRIP” The fourth arc of I HATE FAIRYLAND challenges Gert like never before. Our disaffected heroine finds out her usual bag of tricks may not be enough to deal with what Hell has in store (i.e. eternal damnation, etc...) as her chance of ever making it home creeps closer to zero!

>Showing up

Final page shows Happy, seemingly the ruler of hell.

Is this really the best he can come up with?

>animated series never
fuck this cruel world

Thanks for the heads up. I want to catch the return.

Really would work well as an animated romp. Here's the voice talents I'd choose for a series:
Cheryl Chase as Gertrude/Gert
Jeff Bergman as Larry
Grey Griffin as Queen Cloudia
Cree Summer as Happy

The comics are pretty short. You'd be lucky to get six hours out of everything that currently exists cumulatively.

A miniseries would suffice.

She will never return to home, but instead, she will become a sex queen

Happy, you mean like from the tv show?

Neat

>The comics are pretty short. You'd be lucky to get six hours out of everything that currently exists cumulatively.
Not him, but I've done some thoughts on a IHF adaptation, and honestly it would probably work best as a loose adaptation rather than one that is super accurate to the source material

Finally, thank you OP.
Maybe we'll get a Netflix animated series one day.

>magnum opus
I didn't hate I Hate Fairyland but is it really that good?

>animated series

It's not bad, but it's forgettable.

What else has he done that could compare?

What would a Gert cult look like?

Like this

>You will never rescue Gert from... herself.

He might not have written it technically, but his Oz stuff seems a bit more quality. Skottie Young might have a great art style but he hasn't really made anything all that notable.

Leave Thanos to me