>it's shit
>take over Ultimates
>it's shit
>write some Wolverine
>it's shit
>get promoted to TV
>shows are shit
>10 years later is still the head of Marvel TV
Has anyone failed his way to the top more than Loeb?

Does he have teeth?

What was the last decent stuff he did? The borderline gay Superman/Batman comic?

I've always wanted to tell Loeb to his face that nobody cares about his dead son. Just crush his fucking spirit.

You forgot about his shit Superman run and his shit Superman - Batman run.

Why the FUCK did Loeb do this?

>borderline gay
THERE WAS A BOOKING ERROR
seriously it's good on so many levels not including Deadpool meets Deathstroke

Looks like he needs another promotion!

That annual was Kelly's.

superman/batman is one of the greatest runs in DC history

Maybe if you're an ant.

Tenure and he probably does as he's told without much fuss so he gets paid to be a doormat and never fight for quality content.

>post-Sam's death Jeph Loeb meets Scott "Hello Whore" Buck
MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!

>Miller names the most evil mother fucker in Year One after him

Being Loeb is truly suffering.

>it's a "Sup Forums doesn't realise Loeb was a movies guy first, comics writer second and keeps wondering why he gets promoted"
I bet you wonder why Johns gets the TV and movie gigs too

After writing the unironical masterpiece that is Commando with Arnold, you can only go down

What you can't read that? fucking casual

He had nothing to do with problems at Smallville, he was only brought in as a producer when the original show runners thought they were brilliant and could do other shit; he was brought in to Heroes AFTER the problems that happened with the writer's strike and he's not to blame, the original writer, with the unoriginal ideas, is.

No clue about Marvel comics because I think they are trash.

Superman For All Seasons is a decent introduction to Superman, albeit there is stuff I don't personally like about it. However, it gets named dropped repeatedly and frequently when folks ask about introductory stuff for Supes.

>superman/batman

I would agree that what he wrote was done well, was entertaining and was enjoyable. "Greatest" - not so much because when Michael Green and Michael Johnson came on the books, they did serviceable work, at best, as did others. I do like most of what he did in the Superman books in the triangle era.

I kinda liked his hulk.
It's no masterpiece of the genre, but if you want dumb fun it's about as good as it gets.
>Rulk flinging Thor into space and beating his ass
Good times

>borderline gay Superman/Batman comic
Which one?

All of the books he did with Tim Sale are pure fucking kino
I can't even imagine how someone that made those also wrote Ultimatum, I just fucking can't
What the FUCK happened to Jeph Loeb?

Oh wow, someone who actually bothered learning the production of these shows. His later Marvel stuff was good. Nova, Ultimate X, New Ultimates (Millar can suck a dick), Fallen Son, Hulk were shut-off-your-brain fun, and X-Sanction was a good Cable and Hope story.

His Nova was shit and didn't get good until Wells came in.
>Ultimate X
>New Ultimates
>good

His Hulk was great, agree with everything else

New Ultimates I understand, but what the fuck was wrong with UX?

People that use the word kino unironicallt should drink bleach.

>Miller names the most evil mother fucker in Year One after him
Loeb didn't start working in comics until the 90s, user.

Doesn't matter what he did first. Even not considering his comics work he has a pretty weak resume.

>What the FUCK happened to Jeph Loeb?
His son died.

Ultimate X was fine as individual issues, but Art Adams' slow ass meant that only 5 issues came out so it literally never did anything but introduce the 5 characters.

In fact, all of his Ultimate work was made worse because of slow artists. Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum were hot garbage, but they would have been a little less awful if it didn't take 3 years to get 15 issues out, where New Ultimates starts to clear up some (SOME) of the questions from Ultimates 3.

He left Modi though, so at least he did something right at the end. Shame that Humphries fucked everything that Hickman set up though.

People who use that shit meme in any way should drink bleach.

Jeph Loeb’s Bat comics suck ass.

>why did Lieber do this?

Perlmutter told him to do it out of a hate boner for muties, otherwise there was no reason to make this show.

Fuck this guy for rummaging in comics, especially marvel.

Fun fact: Loeb not only has almost every Marvel comic ever published along with tons of other comics, but they are so well organized that he bet money against Seth Green he'd be able to find anything he was looking for in under a couple minutes.

That IS a fun fact. Got a source?

Also why were Loeb and Seth Green ever in the same room?

If I remember correctly the source for that is Kevin Smith Fatman on Batman podcast.
Loeb worked on Buffy: The Animated Series and then Green worked on Marvel cartoons later.

Fuck man, who in the TV industry DOESN'T Seth Green know? He's like a tv show std.

I really like Loeb's personality. He's so upbeat and fun

Wasn't seth green in a episode of heroes where he worked in comic store and the first thing he says is about how good the red hulk comic is selling?

I mean it was

Jay?

>Loeb using DC to shill his own Marvel comic
based

Heroes wasn't DC

Oops, I was thinking Smallville.

Well... less based then.