What should I expect?

What should I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kXDdcX5FjEU
tcj.com/flex-mentallo-and-the-morrison-problem/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bro

Art good and headache writing.

The book that made Clint a flat out retard and Kate Bishop the girl who rolls her eyes and does what he does but better.

then gets followed by Clint getting more retarded in the next run

Cuckeye and REAL Hawkeye (female, omg shes so awesome)

And you can expect writing done by Earth-2 Bendis (fraction). Basically a decompressed dull hell

tumblr writing.

A Clint so weak that can barely win fights against random thugs.

Character shilling for Kate. Imagine Rey from Star Wars up to eleven.

BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO

>there are people in this thread who think Clint is anything but a D-list loser before this run

It's good. It became a huge hit and Sup Forums hates it now.

Issue 3 is still one of my fav single issues of the decade/past few years

a good comic hated by the hollow of "muh tumblr" for not being a endless dialog shit by claremont

>Huge hit
It was selling about the same as "Green Lanterns" (Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz" sells nowadays.

In what world is that a huge hit?

I liked it

Hawkeye selling as much as Green Lantern is wild my man. Fraction and Aja talked about how they expected 6 issues and done

Vision sold like shit but it was a huge hit

>hurr durr I'm a giant nigger faggot
Here's your (You)

Is anyone a legitimate fan of Kate Bishop? Anyone?

yo

Hawkeye wasn't selling as much as Hal Jordan. He was selling as much as Simon Baz. Is that a huge hit?

>Issue 3 is still one of my fav single issues of the decade/past few years
So, nothing written in the last decade is better than this?

Not him but i havent read this comix yet. Holy shit he sounds like a cuck

>hurr hurr the writing of a comic is only the dialogue and nothing of visual narrative hurrr

What in the visual narrative makes that page one of the best thing on comics of the last decade?

Wait till you get to the "Kate is literally perfection and the best possible Hawkeye" parts.

>Earth-2 Bendis
>DC Bendis
>other DC Bendis
>actual DC Bendis now that Bendis is at DC
Is there a list somewhere of all the multiversal Bendises? I can't keep this shit straight.

>

Who's other DC Bendis?

>Loves BROBROBROBROBROBRO
>"YOU KNOW NOTHING OF GOOD WRITING!"
Fractionfags might be the worse fags of all.

Here, another page from the best comic written in the last decade.

¿Snyder?

>(DEROGATORY PATRIARCHAL EPITHET)
>Bennett was referencing this shit all along
Oh Jesus, Fraction was patient zero wasn't he?

i said issue not page for one thing

bros's and don't take it seriously

TV Bendis (iron fist showrunner)

>How come the bad man said a mean word?!?
Yeah. Never mind the gun pointed at your head. He said "broad." Oh no.

this

I love Kates holes

do yourself a favor and see this
youtube.com/watch?v=kXDdcX5FjEU

Look at this (slang for female genitalia), getting ashamed of the pages posted.

Literally just read Hawkeye #3. Nothing impressive. Clint randomly meets a girl and fucks her after 10 minutes, thugs wearing jumpsuits and screaming "BRO!" want to kidnap her for reasons never explained, Katie defeats the last one with a Boomerang Arrow. What is so great about this shit? What makes it the Watchmen of the last decade?

It's worse than a random issue of Super Sons.

>Quitely does shit much more impressive since forever.
>Doesn't get as much attention because it isn't tumblr shit.

I've seen Snyder and Johns both called DC Bendis.

Also Tom King a few times.

Lower your expectations after the Sandy issue.

>frank quitely
>The fucking drawer of all star superman, New x-men and Batman & Robin does not have attention
In what fucking universe do you live?

I said that what Aja does isn't new nor makes Hawkeye a classic, not when guys like Frank Quitely are able to do it better and working with writers able to write things more complex than "BROBROBROBROBRO".

It started off alright then just went into a dumb territory with shit like pizza dog getting entire issues dedicated to themselves.

What's this from?

I do not know what is worse, that you literally have such a poor reading comprehension to only see the "bro" in the dialogue and not see anything of the action narrative or that you used as an example one of the most acclaimed contemporary artist in comic as underrated

Pretty sure it's Dark Avengers.

Thought so, just wasn't sure on the art.

>I do not know what is worse
I will tell you what's worse.

According to you, "Hawkeye #3", the issue of the "Bro Thugs" that want to kidnap a woman for reasons never explained, the issue where pages are wasted on Katie going on and on about Clint's abs, is better than things like "Seven Soldiers of Victory", "Pax Americana" and "Superman Beyond".

....are you grant morrison??

Toying with storytelling methods without offering actual substance.

It depends. Are you Fraction?

Morrison, calm down, we still love you, it is not necessary to be jealous.

Fraction would agree those are much better than anything he's ever done.

>If you disagree that Fraction is better than Morrison, you must be Morrison himself

The only one who bought a fraction with morrison here has been you asshole

Some alright Hawkeye side stories that go on too long, make Kate seem far too competent and Clint far too incompetent, and memes.

The guy said that "Bro Thugs" was better than anything else published in the last 10 years, including those stories written by Morrison.

By the way, I think that there are a lot of stories published in the last year better than "Bro Thugs". Then again, I'm not a Fractionfag.

I said ONE OF
I said Single Issues
Aja is the one who's making the book stand out
Why are you so obsessed with this one comment

>say something stupid
>"WAAAAAA WHY ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF ME"
m8

Just dropping in to say that these are incredible pages structurally. You can cry Tumblr as much as you want about the dialogue, but both pages accomplish their intended aims and make use of every inch of the page to convey a detailed sequential scene. If you compare it to the slipshod, jumbled mess in it's not even close. Aja and Fraction are a good team and they do good work, and if you're don't like it because it promotes a female character you can't see the forest for the trees.

"Pax Americana" is a single issue.

Honestly, the last Batman annual by King and Wein? Better than "Bro Thugs" by a large margin, too, and is another single issue.

Morrison's annual on "Action Comics" was better than "Bro Thugs", too.

Fuck me, but the issue focused on Norman Osborn from Slot's Spider-Man is better than "Bro Thugs"! Why do you love this story so much, anyway?

>YOU DON'T LIKE FRACTION BECAUSE OF MYSOGINY
Dear god, really? Is Sup Forums that low nowadays?

I'll give you Pax. Disagree about the Batman Annual (though it was good) and literally can't remember the Action Comics one.

and it's all about how Aja draws a cool car race, Clint thinking with his dick is funny, the boomerang set up and pay off is A+++, it's a great 22 pages of comics.

If you had a contribution about the book itself instead of a complaint that I absolutely saw through your baby boy bullshit, then we'd be having a conversation.

The writing is terrible
The art is good but overrated. I like how Aja draws but his minimalist style should be achieved much faster, instead he's one of the slowest in the game.

How does one equal the other you hick retard

To each their own, really. Fraction as a writer is too much up his own ass to my liking. Take a look at Sex Criminals, it's vomit-inducing.

I think I made pretty clear that the writing isn't any better than what you see on "Hellcat", "She-Hulk" or "Mockingbird". The same tongue-in-cheek, cutesy, awkward shit, but with better art.

I happen to expect more from stories than that.

I think it's pretty clear that you have a half-assed idea of what comic book writers do. In the titles you mentioned, you don't often see dynamic, creative panel design at all, but in Hawkeye you see all kinds of innovative panel use and story structure. Hawkeye was extremely effective with its layouts, even in the pages posted in this thread, and those don't come from thin air. The writer and artist have to work as a team. So why exactly do you think that is a bad page even as you boomerang your gaze from the pistol in the top right to Clint in the mid-left panel, then watch the perspective pull in closer and closer until Clint releases the tension? Well, my guess is because you saw the dialogue in the bottom left corner and your brain shut off because you encountered wrongthink. You let me know, though.

I didn't like because the story was SHIT. Can you not understand that? At the end of the day, it's all that matters, the fucking story.

Alan Moore could create amazing stories working if the shittiest artist from Image in the 90's. Why can't Fraction do the same working with a much better artist?

>At the end of the day, it's all that matters, the fucking story.
God, this disgusts me, apart from a fagot of the moore shit in wildstorm it's good although everyone knows it was a crap

>implying story and the narrative structure in which the story is presented are two different things
>implying Alan Moore doesn't write a book a panel for his artists to give them panel direction
>implying that you're not a complete pleb with a pathetically underinformed understanding of what makes a comic good
Cry some more.

Her own issues in the run showed that she had her own issues, it's just that most people don't pay attention to that but Fraction did lean too far into the "omg, she's so awesome!!!"

plz no bully Liefeld

>Fractionfags shitting on Moore
Now I saw everything.

You are free to believe that "Bro Thugs" is the most wonderful story written in the last decade, while I am also free to believe that you too are crazier than a bag of cats.

Yes, the STORY matters. A bad story won't become good because of the paneling.

And yes, Moore's Supreme is better than "Brokeye" by a tenfold. Learn to live with that, Fractionfags.

>implying that you're not a complete pleb with a pathetically underinformed understanding of what makes a comic good
Yeah, yeah, you have to have a high IQ to understand "Hawkeye".

thread really illustrates the dichotomy of comics fans - those who take it seriously on a craft level and see how the complexities of from give way to storytelling and those who care more about content by way of "in-character"-ness, use of continuity, and superheroes battling shit 24/7

>TFW you are able to truly understand Fraction's Hawkeye

> 2018
> keep thinking that everything that moore does is good

You're right about panel design and story structure but it's very fair that Fraction's dialogue wasn't up to par for this run, especially with the fucking track suit mafia.

>TFW I don't have a counter-argument so I post a stupid meme instead.

oof, really got me

>2018
>A Fractionfag
Let me guess: you have to be really smart to see the amazingness of this page, right?

Friendo, you behave like a stereotyped "Rick and Morty" fan and want me to take you seriously?

Hear me out: what if the plot of Hawkeye's stories simply weren't very good? What if the dialogue simply wasn't very good? Have you ever considered the possibility?

I started all this shit and yeah Moore is better than Fraction what are we even talking about.

I think there's a difference in expectations. Hawkeye is explicitly "Superhero on his day off", it's nearly slice of life. Moore stuff, like Supreme, is big superhero stories. I don't think Fraction ever sent Hawkeye on a space odyssey. They are two different flavors of comic.

>They are two different flavors of comic.
Fraction fans are the ones saying that "Hawkeye" is beyond the scope of the average reader due to how well-crafted, how complex it is the paneling. You have to be really smart, a connoisseur to really appreciate the high-level of "Bro Thugs".

They can't understand that, at the end of the day, Moore, Morrison and a shit ton of writers are simply better than Fraction and able to write things more interesting than slice-of-life.

>let me prove user wrong by posting a d-lister with a squad of other d-listers

>
I'm amazed that you took my comment back in to be an attack on Moore. The thing about those writers you mention, unlike yourself, is that they all give a massive fuck about the very technical issues I was talking about earlier in this thread; that's WHY they're good writers. These are widely known, obvious facts. I don't have to defend every page by Fraction to you, because you don't know shit about comics, and you think that I'm a pseudointellectual because I do.

user. user...

Every comic book writer does that. Fraction is no exception, he is just another one. ||The difference is that Morrison does the same and writes "Pax Americana", Moore does the same and writes "Supreme", Fraction does the same and writes "Bro Thugs" and "Sex Criminals".

See the difference? "Bro Thugs" is not a good story. The plot isn't good. The dialogue isn't good. The storytelling is, but the story itself isn't. Can you understand that, connoisseur?

There's no way to prove they're objectively good or not good, it's all a matter of preference. Generally, at least as far as what I value, dialogue happens to be on the bottom of the list. Most dialogue is only service of exposition to move narrative along. Most dialogue in comics is garbage by virtue of this. I tend not to look into it too much. I also tend to value characterization>story, and comics has the uniqueness of being able to have multiple different writers address a character in multiple different ways, hence why I don't get the "Out of character/in character" argument.

>every comic book writer does that
Obviously false, if you've ever read a script by Bendis, just as one example.
>the storytelling is good bit the story isn't
Take a minute to think about how contradictory this statement is. It's like saying that you like the plot of Hamlet, but not the words.

>Morrison
>Good
oh son
tcj.com/flex-mentallo-and-the-morrison-problem/

>There's no way to prove they're objectively good or not good, it's all a matter of preference
Spoken like a true pleb.

>literally getting your opinions from a blog

I really think a Fractionfag shouldn't criticize Morrison.

>>the storytelling is good bit the story isn't
>Take a minute to think about how contradictory this statement is. It's like saying that you like the plot of Hamlet, but not the words.
There's nothing contradictory about it. A movie can be really well directed and still have a shitty story.

Do you think that the plot of "Bro Thugs" is amazing and complex?

>I'm not that idiot and the truth is my English is not very good to read all that, which says in summary?

Different user, but it's almost impossible to meet the demand of "prove this thing is good"

fuck, sorry for the implygny

>The dialogue isn't good. The storytelling is, but the story itself isn't
Storytelling is vastly more important than the story, assuming by story you mean the plot of things that happen. Some of the best books and movies are about mundane things, but told in an expert way. I'm not saying that Fraction's Hawkeye is The Old Man and the Sea, but this seems like an odd complaint.

So, you think that ideas can't be bad, don't care about dialogue and don't care about characters having a core personality (Superman killing children is an example of something that would be "out-of-character", by the way)?

Well, under those conditions, it's easy to think that "Bro Thugs" is some sort of wonder of literature.

>a movie can be really well directed and still have a shitty story
I don't see how that's a given. Name one.
>Do you think the plot... is amazing and complex?
Amazing? Not really. Complex? Sure, there are complex temporal elements, abstractions, and perspective switches involved. But it doesn't have to be flawless to be a good comic, and you're literally resorting to baiting me into saying something hyperbolic because you can't actually poke holes in my analysis.

You'll end up gay for Clint.

>At the end of the day, it's all that matters, the fucking story.

Please go read novels. Art and visual story telling are more important in comics than dialogue.

20 issues on thugs that should have gone down in 2.

I think that Hawkeye's plots are poor and uninteresting and the storytelling isn't good enough to make it entertaining.

We are talking about Matt Fraction here, author of "Fear Itself", not Hemmington.

>I don't see how that's a given. Name one.
"Gravity"
>Amazing? Not really. Complex? Sure
"Clint meets a random girl, they immediately sleep together off-screen one page after we see her for the first time, she happens to be the target of a mafia for reasons never explained, and Clint and Kate save her".

This is what you call a complex story?