Catching up on DC comics since I left off on new 52 and caught up to May 2015 and just finished max Landis superman...

Catching up on DC comics since I left off on new 52 and caught up to May 2015 and just finished max Landis superman american alien.

I'm curious if this is supposed to be part of the main universe origin or just its own thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/uptomyknees/status/722945025286348800
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's own thing.
Morrisons Action Comics was New52 Supermans origin

Own thing.

Jimmy Olsen being black and Lois Lane being asian should have given you a clue.

That's what I thought. Though I did enjoy this limited series til the end when he got Lois and not wonder woman

Right?! I think I knew something was up at that point since issue 5 Lois was drawn by Jae who always draws Asian-y people but assumed that he has more than one friend named Jimmy

Lois was Asian in American Alien?

mmmmmm they fix'd lois

>caught up to May 2015
Are you just reading all comics that came out their respective month? that is weird

just how the artist drew her. Doesn't matter anyway, no way DC gives Landis anymore books after his scandals and the current me too/times up movement. They'd get too much bad press

Great Lois.

I should be reading by the arcs true, but since I download them by the month I just pretend like before when I got them every Wednesday

He had Superman: Agent of Batman in the works but after his story got pulled from the holiday special I guess that's up in the air

DC put his story back not long after. Whether or not that was due to them reining themselves in after jumping the gun or just responding to reader backlash is anyone's guess, though.

I just thought it was the Art, never noticed she had slits for eyes.

>Responding to reader backlash
What backlash?

Yeah. In Landis' own head canon universe (where American Alien takes place) he wanted to change the race of a lot of characters. For instance, he picked out Wally West specifically to be Korean and Wonder Woman to be black.

twitter.com/uptomyknees/status/722945025286348800

#MeToo bullshit. I hope we still get Agent of Batman down the line.

What's the point?

Same.

>What backlash?
A lot of people who bought the digital edition were annoyed that DC just straight-up removed the best story in the entire issue, not to mention plenty of others did point out how overblown this whole thing is (notice how the controversy basically completely fizzled out after the first week? That's because you can only keep a controversy going on heresay for so long).

I thought Agent of Batman was confirmed for this year?

Who knows? Alex Antone turned on him with the accusations, so balls in the air.

That sucks, I actually enjoyed American Alien.

she's whatever Catherine Zeta Jones is (not asian)

>Best story in the entire issue
There are people who really thought that?

I hope this hack goes to prison for raping women.

This really just reinforced my belief that Landis fundamentally does not understand these characters. Same with Superman, when you get beyond the occasional "badass Superman" showings, he does not seem to truly get the character.

Because it's his own officially published fan fiction and he can do what he wants. Don't be surprised if they show up in Agent of Batman

fuck you then

I don't know why but I like new52 Clark getting wonder woman. Original Clark can keep Lois