What was the point of making him 70 years old?

What was the point of making him 70 years old?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/jamesdellasala/high_iq
youtube.com/watch?v=1lpKx3FMNC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To apeal 30+ year olds

He's a parody of Doc Brown from Back to the Future.

Doesn't hurt to have more old peole around.

this

in the pilot episode, rick was more "wacky old drunk scientist" rather than "edgy egotistical demigod"

What was the point of making him a straight white male?

He's pan and likely hispanic
also autistic
likely mentally ill, in some aspects

I'm surprised tumblr isn't all over him.

they are

Usually I see them dismiss him as a 'male power fantasy' or whatever other buzzwords they excrete these days

if he was younger, like in his 30s or 40s or whatever then morty would either have to be some random kid rick hangs out with or his son which feels a little too intimate for their dynamic, at least from a viewers perspective if not rick's.

So it's funnier, duh
crazy old pervert = okay

He has a grown daughter who has went through Veterinarian School and has high school age kids. Why wouldn't he be a senior citizen?

Nah it was more "grumpy drunk asshole" which was funny. The writers then decided to make him wacky by "ironically" forcing catchphrases and having him act several generations younger than he was, ruining his character.

I can assure you 100+ people on Tumblr are thinking of or drawing Rick Sanchez' penis right now.

And you're thinking of them thinking of it. Tis an endless cycle

He's a blatant fucking rip-off, much like the rest of this show. If it was a parody, they would be traveling through time, instead of dimension-hopping. But of course if they did that they'd be sued up the ass by Universal.

Just mention all of this to Dan Harmon on Twitter. Trust me, he'll blow his stack and sperg out because he knows it's the truth.

Has a show ever caused more autism?

>soundcloud.com/jamesdellasala/high_iq

Because they want 10-years out of him.

It doesn't matter what age they make him. He could, no doubt about it, make himself younger if he really wanted to.

In fact, he can body-hop his mind from person to person. Whose to say that one of those Ricks he took over in the Citadel wasnt a few years younger?

Yes, Steven Universe.

>Ugh he watches Family Guy
What a fucking beta.

Try and find me a conversation between a heterosexual dating couple more autistic than what I posted. Homosexuals are autistic and mentally unstable by default.

To account for him vanishing from beths life and her falling prey to Jerry and starting a ... having 2 kids with him. Wouldn't really call it a family with Jerry not really providing anything from grief and suffering

I'm so fucking tired of this cycle. Fuck me, I haven't even watched the show actively in like a year or two at this point but I'm still tired of it. People adored this show early in its airing. Everyone and their mom in sites like these was talking about how great this show that just got picked up called rick and morty is, and now I wouldn't hesitate to call it a meme to react with outlandish disgust whenever anyone brings up rick and morty, and why? Because some people you'll never meet in real life acted cringey? People need to chill the fuck out and learn how to not give a fuck.

This happens with absolutely every show like this, too. You know the type, quirky with a bright color palette, endearing characters, novel premise and an encouraging start. Steven Universe. Undertale. Fuck, Homestuck started as "the next thing the problem sleuth guy is doing." It only got absolutely out of control popular when trolls were added in and social rejects could project themselves onto these quirky OC sociopaths.

Calling it now, OK KO is next. Some vocal crazy people are going to discover it. Do some nasty weird shit. Within a month mentioning it will result in half a page of disgusted reaction images and
>shiggy diggy
s

Screencap this post.

No, I'm thinking of season 4 and whether it'll be any good.

It'll be hard to better than 2, but hard to be shittier than 3 also, so I have decent hopes.

I really miss grumpy drunk asshole Rick. I miss how he was just being a complete dick to the world without being le edgy nilhist nothing matters morty

>>soundcloud.com/jamesdellasala/high_iq
What a rip off, I was expecting someone to genuily say the quote, thinking maybe it wasn't just a parody and and that maybe it stem from someone genuinely saying it. instead I just get some dude saying to a girl he like a cartoon and that'(s it.

It's an inane conversation with no real direction, but who complain about that? there is nothing stupid or remarkable being said, there.

But, that's usually the only things families produce.

If you don't understand the reason why both parties are acting retarded (the most retarded of the two however being the guy who's trying to prove one cartoon better than the other), you should remove yourself from the gene pool.

yeah but when was the last time your dad asked you for money for his R2DT coin collection

It was parody, bro

youtube.com/watch?v=1lpKx3FMNC4

It's a parody, learn what a parody is.

>season 2
>good

how old do you think the grandfather should be than?

So you all get blind-sighted by the twist.

to be fair, I cringed harder at this comment under the actual recording

So... you agree with me?

Maybe we should calculate some kinda half life equation for show fandoms because each one you mentioned was good until it got to a certain point and then it would be hijacked by psychos

Don't pay for magic powers with your soul. Pay for it with money.

Hetalia
Steven Universe
Supernatural
Sonic the Hedgehog
That one pony show

i turned myself into a spic morty, im spickle rick

No, OK KO is not next, because people aren't going to pile onto that show.

I tried SO HARD to get into it and every time, it just got worse and worse. I mean you like it? That's fine. But I just can't get past the art.

>blind-sighted
I'm sorry, what?

The joke about Rick being more complex than the normal cartoon character is actually 100% correct.

For now, I'd say you should keep an eye on the Panini Maker, the Shark Necklace, the harmonica, and Slick Morty - see if you can spot them in other media.

the retard meant blindsided

Wub-A-Lub-A-Dub-Dub translates to "Please help me, I am in constant pain."

His very first appearance has him planning to blow up the entire earth and "start again", he claims to have travelled into the future to get Morty's leg repair injection and he murders government-employed agents as soon as he gets caught smuggling contraband.

He had a job up until a few episodes into season 1

but the way he went about saying it he was less mean about it. He was more grumpy than actively malicious

Blind-sided.

Your post is a real diamond dozen.

Has his age been confirmed?
I figured Rick is probably on the younger side of Grandpa age range, but has just survived some HARD living.

Hispanic doesn't mean non-white

This. He's a bad parody of Doc Brown in the laziest "Lol alcoholic poopyfarts" way.

His shitty show only rips off things 30-year olds have "Nostalgia" for, because they're the dumbest generation in human history. Why do you think "Millennials" are getting blamed for problems handed to them by this generation?

It won’t be OK KO, it’s too similar to other shows of this era.

Next gen it’s probably a combination of Forever Twelve, Infinity Train, and Villainous, with a suprising amount of the autism focused exclusively on the latter. None are SU levels of bad though, usually these things come from literally nowhere.

In the early phases of the show Rick is more akin to a selfish rogue type with more firepower than he can handle. 90% of the time his stunts get himself and Morty in situations that are likely lethal, which was in large part the joke of the show, that Rick’s recklessness was having a highly negative effect on Morty.

Eventually Dan tried to shift more into a serious cynical deconstruction, which began sometime around the Rick tricking the devil episode with turning Rick into an invincible prick with a god complex, with basically killed the narrative tension in the show because the joke went from “wow look at how fucked up Rick’s crazy adventures are” to “watch how Rick’s almighty powers create existential boredom and blah blah blah”. It didn’t get too bad though until Season 3, which completes the powercreep in the show by making Rick somehow more competent than every other Rick combined.

The "The fandom starts off good but then becomes bad when tumblr behavior is encouraged by the fandom, so dumb people too dumb to recognize problem behaviors and problem members just start declaring the whole fandom "Le Cringe", which is "edgy tween speek" for "Uncool" cycle?

Yeah, it's even got a catchy name for it.

Here's a better theory: When a good show goes bad, its regular fans leave, leaving behind all the stupid people too dumb to figure out that shows like OKKO, Steven Universe, and Rick and Morty will never get better because they've realized they can keep suckering idiots into watching it. To pretend they aren't a part of a dying fandom, they act louder and stupider. Sane people aren't around to criticize outlandish behavior, and retards give the act of criticizing any behavior a bad name with their "Cwinge! Cwiiiiiinge!" bullshit.

Also, fuck off with Undertale, that game was great. A lot of normies got redpilled when SJWs rolled in with their "Everyone is trans and brown except Asgore the childkiller he's white and shipping wrong ships is harmful thoughtcrime!" bullshit.

It's not even bad yet. Weaker than season 2 in spots, but not bad. Season 4 will be bad.

> When a good show goes bad, its regular fans leave, leaving behind all the stupid people too dumb to figure out that shows like
I always saw it that a bunch of memespouting dumbfucks makes the normal fans see everything they were mildly amused by or indifferent about in a negative light. Undertale is an example of that. I liked it, I don't like what surrounds it to the point that I'm soured to shit I didn't even care about.

>I'm surprised tumblr isn't all over him.
they are and draw his withered old dick CONSTANTLY

There are two tumblrs. The tumblr that posts here and the tumblr that doesn't.

maybe, but his skintone seems to be on the fence, at the very least

56%

>He's a blatant fucking rip-off
Just like this guy is a "blatant fucking rip-off" of Doctor Strange?

Like the other user said Rick and Morty is the Doc and Mharti shorts changed so they work as a tv show

He's a scientist who can become a cyborg at will, he can probably change races too

>prey to jerry

This is the most retarded fucking meme when we see in all those universes where Jerry and Beth didn't get together she just had an abortion.

Villainous will probably attract edgy weirdos

Nah user you’re autistic. Usually the fandoms get cancerous before the work goes bad.

What typically happens is that a work is created, and later on gets larger for certain aspects separate from what the original fanbase enjoyed it for (not better/worse, merely different).

What makes the work go bad is that usually it’s impossible for a creator to maintain stable quality. They had to have been in a very specific mindset to create the original work, so when they have to build on it they have less to draw on.

Usually after that the work either gets derivative (a show trying too hard to be itself) or the creators recognize the problem, either shifting closer towards fandom/corporate interests (“pandering”) or taking a left swerve and gradually overtime completely reinventing the work into a new form.

Where your theory goes wrong is that it implies there’s a perfect world where, if cancer fandoms didn’t exist, all good things would stay good forever, where in reality no work can maintain the same output at the same level of quality forever. It must either evolve, become derivative, or fail.

Because Doc Brown was old, and his original form was a pure parody of Doc Brown.

In-universe his advanced age gives an obvious excuse for why he knows so much about so many different subjects, he's been learning shit for a long, long time.

I think Rick and Morty is a rare case of a work being adapted(Doc and Mharti) and repurposed for a larger work.

The writers have even said there's a hidden plotline going on. Personally I like Rick and Morty since despite the fanbase it's clear you're not supposed to blindly worship Rick.

R&M isn’t really an adaption of D&M at all. Rather Rick and Morty seems like a more stable version of a rough concept that Justin had been playing around with for years before settling (with Dan’s help) on a more coherent final edition to pitch.

>there's a hidden plotline going on
This can't end well.

It made him more frail when he was less of an omnipotent god.

Sanchez means Hispanic though.

jesus christ
>I read kotaku
this has got to be fake

something something evil morty something something

>this can't end well
Exactly.
"Evil" Morty is probably Morty from the intro to episode one. After the neutrino bomb blew up and killed his entire world.

He said retarded once so they don't like him. Also everyone on the internet likes to pretend they're not fans now thanks to the sauce debacle.

I think Rick and Morty just needs to cross it up a bit, show folks the realms it's capable of.

>ubiquitous cold open alternate alternate universe episode with no explanation until the end
Surprised they haven't done it already.

I was referring to Spain you nincompoop