Who is most dangerous between Riddler, Penguin, and Two-Face?

Who is most dangerous between Riddler, Penguin, and Two-Face?

Honestly, Pengu.

the one that shoots first

Riddler.

Better question is, Who has more power in Gotham?

I'd say it's a wash between Penguin and Harvey.
Penguin is more consistently vindictive and cruel but Two-Face is more unpredictable.

>Who has more power in Gotham?
Usually Penguin.

Penguin. He has the most connections, the most resources, is easily the most sane, and always keeps his eyes on the prize without fucking himself over.

Riddler is too obsessed with his own gimmick to reach outwards like Cobblepot, and Two Face is just an insane gangster with a strong physical prowess.

These. But the real question is who poses the greatest threat to Gotham and its people at any given time.

Riddler intentionally leaves himself traceable. He's a fun villain who can deceive you, but he isn't as physically capable as other villains.

I'd just go with Penguin. He's a bourgie with connections and cash.

Two-Face, Penguin (depends on the writer) then Riddler.
Two-Face because he'll happily betray anyone.
Penguin can be more or less dangerous depending if he's written to be "I'll betray you" or "I'll stick to my word since business is good".
Riddler is just an autistic fucking manchild that's about as dangerous as "Batman, give attention pls!"

Probably Harvey. Most of the time Penguin's just a rich tycoon who does crime occasionally. It's never really anything too bad. Riddler is a joke, especially after the Arkham games memed him. Two-Face just does crazy shit at the flip of a coin.

Most dangerous for Batman or for the average Gotham citizen?
I'd say Riddler for bats, Penguin for the average citizen.
And I'd rather no one tries to be smart by saying
>and two-face for bruce wayne

In All-Star Batman, two-face threatened to reveal decades worth of dirt digging if nobody killed Batman, leading to basically the entire city of Gotham to try and hunt Batman down.

Two-Face cause he's more psychotic.

Definitely Two-Face. Two-Face is the most unpredictable. His decisions are (most of the time) based on luck which means you never really can predict what he is going to do, and is borderline unpredictable when it comes to his moodswings. Plus, if he is that crazy that he is willing to ruin his restored skin after he gets plastic surgery (by cutting himself up with a blade or a chunk of glass, and afterwards 'washing' it with acid), imagine what he is willing to do to others.

Riddler just wants to prove he is the smarter one but you can easily bargain with him and Batman kicks his ass and riddles on the daily. Plus this man is neurotic in leaving clues behind anyway, he basically leaves a crumbtrail when he does something.

Penguin is 'just' a gangster and is more predictable.

Didn't the Riddler just kill like... thousands of people in that awful "War of Jokes and Riddles" storyline?

Batcasual here....I have always been kind of confused as to Two-Face and what his goals are. Like, with Penguin it's obviously about power and money, guys like Riddler and Joker seem to just enjoy what they do, but what about Two-Face? I get his gimmick, and I know his backstory, but what is his goal in the comics? Like what would happen if he won? He just....is a gangster boss?

Two-Face is usually a gangster with a 2 gimmick. Sometimes writers play up the struggle between the 2 personalities.

Is he kind of like the Lizard of Spider-Man in that regard, that he doens't have a lot of use as a recurring villain but more a personal story?

We don't talk about Batman books that have Batman and Catwoman calling each other Bat and Cat when they are all alone.
But yes he did, for something as pretty and stupid that would make more sense if it was Nu-joker doing it.

What are essential Riddler comics to read?

Two-Face
He has a gun.

Also interested in this.

Penguin is the most dangerous because he is 100% misanthropic
society created him

Riddler has the most potential to be dangerous by far, but he is shackled by his own buffoonery. In practice, Penguin is the most dangerous. Two Face is too unstable.

>Didn't the Riddler just kill like... thousands of people in that awful "War of Jokes and Riddles" storyline?
honestly that event will probably get soft retconned out within a year or two(kinda like how literally everyone ignores that time Harley Quinn blew up a couple hundred kids with explosive game boys)

Dark Knight Dark City is a pretty great one involving Riddler(and is pretty damn relevant since it's where the Barbatos concept was first used)

God damn that's heartwrenching. Too bad Joker started off as a serial killer anyway

Lowkey I'd pay to see a Riddler talkshow

Harvey seems to have the much bigger body count

>Who is most dangerous between Riddler, Penguin, and Two-Face?
Depends on what kind of danger exactly we are talking about here. Riddler is far too obsessed with puzzles and games most of the time. I'm not saying he's a joke but he's not one of the more dangerous Batman villains most of the time (unless he gets revamped into an edgelord)

Penguin is far and wide the most successfull of these three and he's also the most powerful, most connected and he plans the best revenges. You cross him and you are absolutely fucked in ways more cruel than what the other rogues would do.
Two-Face is far more unpredictable and agressive than the other two and his stories, like Crime and Punishment, usually feature higher body counts. But the fact he usually leaves things up to a 50/50 chance, as well as Harvey's good side, means you might at least have a chance.

I'd say Two-Face is more overtly dangerous to anyone who crosses his path while Penguin is more subtly dangerous to anyone who is his enemy.

That's Two-Face.
Penguin has threatened the people of Gotham on occasion but he's never done any major damage to the city and it's a firmly established part of his character that the Cobblepots have a history in Gotham that makes Penguin believe he "owns" the city.

Two-Face hates absolutely everyone, especially himself, and if his flip of a coin results in hundreds being blown to bits or his entire organization falling apart and him being thrown to jail, he accepts either way. He has made enemies of virtually everyone, including the other villains, and a big part of his character is that Bruce is the only person that manages to reach out to Harvey's good side.

>Is he kind of like the Lizard of Spider-Man in that regard, that he doens't have a lot of use as a recurring villain but more a personal story?
Yes. He's more like Harry Osborn in that regard where his strength as a villain how personal his connection to Bruce is.
And while more and more recent stories have played this up as a pointless struggle and made Two-Face an irredeemable character, it used to be a big part of the character that he had redeeming qualities and moments where he would do good things, and he wasn't just a crazy villain out to kill people.

>what is his goal in the comics?
It usually changes depending on his backstory. But it's true most versions of Two-Face really do suffer from a lack of motivation.
Him being a master criminal is just what allows him to continously fight Batman and be a danger to Gotham City.
When they do give him motivation as to why he became a criminal it usually has to do with him seeking the freedom to finally let out his dark side be unrestricted as the opposite to what he was as Harvey Dent (an ace attorney who wanted to rid Gotham of crime and put the big criminals behind bars). Harvey snapped and now the coin keeps his two sides at balance.

>what would happen if he won?
The only way he wins is if he's cured or he dies (he's done both at least once and they never lasted).
The closest thing Harvey has to an end goal is the end of his suffering and monstrous existence.
So it really sucks for him that he's a comic book character

Penguin. He has more resources than the other two and is fucking vindictive.

Two-Face is scary as shit but has a 50% success rate.

Riddler’s a fucking joke.

>The closest thing Harvey has to an end goal is the end of his suffering and monstrous existence.
So it really sucks for him that he's a comic book character
Has DC ever made some kind of Batman AU where they were able to give all their characters actual closure?

The DCAU had closure for plenty of characters and if I recall Paul Dini once mentioned that Harvey was eventually cured and moved to Los Angeles to resume his lawyer career.
He was also cured at the end of the recent Batman vs Two-Face movie with William Shatner