Why did they tease a relationship between Pacifica and Dipper and then not follow through...

Why did they tease a relationship between Pacifica and Dipper and then not follow through? I thought she was going to be Dipper’s replacement love interest since the whole thing with Wendy fell through.

Because the show isn't about shipping 12-year-olds (or 13-year-olds, for that matter). But it was obvious it would happen later, since she was the only girl left for Dipper.

>Why did they tease a relationship between Pacifica and Dipper and then not follow through?
To bait suckers like you.

If Mabel didn't end up in a relationship, why would Dipper?

they should concentrate on pop tarts and pokemon
not relationships

Fuck off, OP. Write a fanfic if you write Dipper/Pacifica romance.

Because Mabel is unreliable, annoying as fuck and once you're done plowing her for the first few times, her annoying side will over-grow the sexual benefits of dating her.

On the other end, Dipper might be awkward and kind of geeky but he's reliable, smart, capable to adapt to pretty much any situation and he goes out of his way to make the ones he loves happy.

Because Alex never planned to use Pacifica as anything more than a one-off gag character but he begrudgingly threw fans a bone with PNWMM.

They didn't tease it, they were just acting friendly
Shame she didn't do jack after the episode

Because Hirsch and the writers were too cucked to have Dipper pay attention to anyone but his own sister in the end. Also the finale was rushed to accommodate Hirsch's inflating ego.

Because Alex is like 5 feet 4 inches tall and had an abusive dad or something. I dunno but /gfg/ seemed convinced that was the case.

He said 12 year olds not college students.

Because Alex made Wendy look like his waifu and Pacifica look like his GF and when he broke up with his GF, he shat all over her likeness in the show.

And yet the whole of Sup Forums wanted to ship Dipper & Wendy (who was twice his age mind you) during the entirety of the series.
And Alex had to show his answer during show.
>The same bolox from P&F with Ferb and Vanessa

>twice his age
Dipper turns 13. To be twice his age Wendy would have to be 26. A 26-year-old who still hasn't graduated high school.

I never shipped it. I always thought it was an irritating and cringey distraction from the crazy weird stuff.

I think he regrets himself until now.

Lot of pacifica threads all of a sudden the last couple days.
Is it just the cold weather has more people watching Gravity Falls, I wonder?

Literally only a two year gap

12 and 16 is 2 years?

13 and 15.

Because Hirsch is one of the many creators out there who DESPISE shipping.

He's not 13 till the end of the show and I thought she was 16.

During the entire tun if the show the and mable were a little over two months away from thirteen. So it wad less than a 3 year time gap. At it's worst it was an age gap of 2 years and a few months.

He really shouldn't have constantly given Mabel crushes of the week and made Dipper's feelings for Wendy the most prominent arc (more prominent than the central mystery) in Season 1 then.

It's like if Skeeter did an issue of Doug's comic book and everyone loved his interpretation of the character.

Then Doug out of spite just put that character through the shitter.

>He really shouldn't have constantly given Mabel crushes of the week and made Dipper's feelings for Wendy the most prominent arc (more prominent than the central mystery) in Season 1 then.

What good would that have done? Way more people were shipping crazy illegal shit from Day 1 than anything suggested by the show.

>Why did they tease a relationship

They barely teased it. They got along and were friendly for half an episode and hated each other the rest of the time. Look I can definitely see it, it's cute them being okay with each other, but what the fuck is going on with Padippica shippers being so goddamn butthurt about this literally years later? Zutara had a lot more to go on. I can at least understand Wendip shippers being disappointed since that was a big focus on the show.

>The show isn't about shipping or relationships
Mabel's entire character is about shipping and relationships.
Half of Dipper's scenes are about getting with Wendy.
There are entire episodes dedicated to romance.

>People say I can't right compelling female characters
>I'll show them, I'll turn this one-dimensional gag, who is based off a girl from my high school who rejected me, into a (((((deep))))) character
>Aha, everyone loves her
>more than my other characters
>way more than the main female character
And then he swept her under a rug and pretended he didn't make a good character out of spite.

Pinecest exists because the internet loves cartoon incest, so if there's a prominent brother-sister pair in a cartoon they're gonna get shipped whether any relationship is present in the show or not. Wendip doesn't have any instant appeal like that though, apart from maybe a bit of /ss/, so if it wasn't featured so heavily in the show itself I seriously doubt it would be anywhere near as big as it ended up being with the fans.

I always figured he just said that (don't ask me about shipping) because he just didn't want to talk about Pinecest. That he didn't want to stop people from drawing or writing it but thinking about it probably made him uncomfortable. I just figured those comments were to dodge all the uncomfortable shipping questions and just leave it to the fans.

Yes, how could people expect they would show 13YO making out? :^)

Wendy is 15, Dipper is 13 They are just 2 years apart.