Villainous

>new shorts
>they are only evaluations of villains from other cartoons with little animation and standstill
Seriously, how can you guys like this mexican hack and his shitty cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UnZVgo2W75E
youtube.com/watch?v=oiFgjWfPz_g
youtu.be/D0-SWG0hcT8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it's an original concept that's executed in a fun way. It's not their fault CN is jerking them around with shorts instead of a full series.

>mfw mexico is the future of cartoons in the US
If at least their could git gud with their animations and have better budgets.
But whatever, at least is miles better than the pile of trash CN has released last year and will relese this year.

hue

cute

This ain't gonna end good

>original concept
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
You born in a wrong generation.
The next time your pathetic head knows about Evil with Meat we talk.

>Seriously, how can you guys like this mexican hack and his shitty cartoon?

Villainous had existed for years as a webseries prior to CN adapting it into bumpers and shorts. But absolutely no one on Sup Forums noticed it or cared about it until PIC RELATED was added to the roster. Because as with all things, Sup Forums never cares about something until a gratuitous waifu is shoehorned in (see also; Wander Over Yonder season 2).

Please list me at least 5 other cartoons in the last ten years that aired in the U.S. and star a group of villains.

>I-it's a direct rip-off of Evil Con Carne!
Even if you're dumb enough to believe that, the show was in fucking 2003 and got cancelled. People who say that shit are about as dumb as the people who say Megamind is a rip-off of The Incredible because they both have superheroes.

The point is that it's an original concept for Western TV animation in a long rut of what has been airing lately. Misadventures of Flapjack is not unique by itself (Little boy goes on wacky seafaring adventures), but when looked at to the rest of its competition, it's a shining beacon of original creativity.

The point is that it's NOT some tame quirky slice-of-life shit with a happy, naive, optimistic protagonist and that makes it a breath of fresh air. Just because the air isn't an undiscovered new compound doesn't mean it's not fresh.

This. I like Villainous, not because it's a masterpiece or anything but because it's something that's not the exact same shit as everything else on TV right now. At a certain point you get tired of cute and cuddly shit and just want something with a bit of edge.

Making Fiends and League of Super Evil. But yeah I agree mostly

Invader Zim

>Evol Con Carne was 2003
I still remember Major Doctor Ghastly making my pee pee feel funny.

Because it's currently different from the current trend of minimiltistic thin lines style of overtly wacky and optimistic yet drama focused cartoons which, lets face it, only worked once with Adventure Time and since then has had incredibly mixed results.

It's not at all original and very much wears its influences in its sleeve, but so does every other current cartoon and artist under the sun and this one at least takes inspiration from a trend of cartoons a bit farther back that has been ignored. So it manages to somehow find this weird balance of nostalgia while standing out from it's contemporaries.

Also it's funny.

>mfw Villainous will air first in CN Latin
god I fucking hate this world

Fuck off, James

says you
no u

spics will save us with Villainous and Legend Quest S2

No you first

it's one of those cartoons where Sup Forums likes the concept (and the waifu) more than the cartoon itself

>they are only evaluations of villains from other cartoons with little animation and standstill
And you think this problem won't be solved when its not a review villians short series, the shorts had decent animation, it makes sense that they would focus on the reviewed content, but I agree more cool animation moments, period would be neat.

But the cartoon itself is pretty good my dude.

No. The cartoon itself is certainly enjoyable in an age where most animated shows jump on the AT bandwagon

I don't think CN anticipated it blowing up, so they've clearly been trying to do very quickly made content (Re-using old footage with character commentary for cute crossover clips) in between to sustain the hype while they work on the new shorts + possible pilot in the meantime.

It's pretty mediocre.

If it needs to be compared to the samey shit with no soul then it doesn't sound that great.

Same, it was yesterday.

>If it needs to be compared to the samey shit with no soul then it doesn't sound that great.
But that's exactly how everything is judged. If you do nothing but missionary position for a decade, cowgirl style is going to be an explosion of pleasure even though it's nothing special, either.

A forest is nothing special either, they grow all over the planet. But to someone who has lived in a city every day of their life, having a vacation home in a forest is what they consider relaxing.

Variety from what we currently have now is how we maintain everything in life. We need to compare one thing to another in order to understand or appreciate stuff, for everything. Especially for something as subjective as entertainment.

I don't. He needs to go back to Mexico

Simply being different says nothing about quality.

The question is, "Why do people like it" and some people say they like it because it's different, and that's still a valid reason.

There have been other reasons, ("I like the characters", "I like something with a darker tone", "I like villains") but it seems pointless to mention that because someone who doesn't like something asking someone else why they like it is always going to end with a, "But you're wrong" or "You have shit taste" response.

"Because it's different" is like the least valid answer, even a simple "because I just fucking like it" is better. Different can easily still be bad.

"Least valid" does not make it not valid, it's still plain valid.

Even in your own post (If I can assume it's you) you respond to someone who says they cartoon is good with, "it's mediocre". The person could've had a detailed response of why they think it's good and you would still respond it's mediocre. I don't think anything anyone says in this thread is going to convince you otherwise, so why bother?

People think it's funny, like the characters, like the art style (Semi-nostalgic of ZIM which was an art style that didn't get enough play), like villains, like the dark humor. Is any of that enough to convince you it's good?

the last short was fucking great
youtube.com/watch?v=UnZVgo2W75E

>mfw people said learning spanish on high school was a fucking waste of time
thanks god I know spic language

>The person could've had a detailed response of why they think it's good and you would still respond it's mediocre
Now you're just making shit up to help your argument, they gave a simple "it's good" and I gave a simple "it's not". You can't just bullshit how I would have responded like some moron.

>pic related was the only thing I liked of the new short.
I hate Uncle Grandpa so much I was happy to see someone wrecking his fucking face and the rest of his crew

Very first post:
>Because it's an original concept that's executed in a fun way

Someone responds with a "LOLLLL FUCK YOUUU".

Yeah, "making shit up".

And? That's not me so how is it relevant, you retard. Yes, making shit up.

>original concept
>villain group
>nice big guy, crazy lizard, mad scientist voice of the reason and boss being the only evil person in the team
youtube.com/watch?v=oiFgjWfPz_g

My entire point was that you are of the group where you already don't like something, so how the hell are we going to convince you that you will like it? You are no different than that guy who already has a hard opinion on how he feels about the cartoon. How the fuck do you convince someone who doesn't like something to magically like it?

You did a horribly shitty job of conveying your point by going "well you WOULD have done this, totally", and then bring up what someone else did to try and prove your point. Are you a fucking child, who argues like this?

My absolute very first post:
>There have been other reasons, ("I like the characters", "I like something with a darker tone", "I like villains")

Yet you completely ignored that because you got offended over trivial shit that I was right about: You would ignore all reasons for why someone likes something just to go, "It's trash cause I said so".

>Executed in a fun way

I haven't even called the show bad, you dumb nigger, I said it was mediocre.

Keep making shit up like a retard.

Keep getting mad I called you out for the predictable shitposter you are while guzzling your AT clones, faggola.

>called you out
>said I would do shit I haven't done
>I would make arguments I haven't made
>I would call the show trash when I just said it was mediocre
You actually are a child aren't you? That'd be better than being a full grown retard like a I thought you were.

>Please list me at least 5 other cartoons in the last ten years that aired in the U.S. and star a group of villains.

I don't think this is a rip-off, but first of all, why restrict it to ten years or to the U.S. unless you're cherry picking? The show has similarities to:

Invader Zim (obviously, the biggest one)
Evil Con Carne
Billy & Mandy
Pinky & the Brain
Excel Saga
Dexter's Laboratory
Golan the Insatiable

Not even getting into comics, books, films like Despicable Me and Megamind, and so on.

Not saying the show is bad, but if anything, I think it draws on nostalgia for IZ and other things for part of its appeal.

Nothing is original though.

>I DID NO SUCH THING, I DID NOT!

Then explain why you didn't comment at all on the reasons I listed why people have stated both in this thread and previous threads why people like Villainous and you completely ignored them to get assmad over something else entirely.

>I don't think this is a rip-off, but first of all, why restrict it to ten years or to the U.S. unless you're cherry picking?
Because a decade is long enough for something that has not been prevalent on TV to air on TV. It's the difference between if a Western movie were to come out now which would feel different among the trend of superhero movies vs. a Western movie coming out during the 50's.

Do you really think having to reach as far back as 20 years to find examples is "cherry picking"?

You gave me reasons people liked it, not reasons it was good, you absolute moron.

I think people are just desperate for anything that's even slightly different from most of the shit CN has been putting out over the last few years. Also waifu/husbandos factor.

>not reasons it was good
>He thinks you can objectively say why something is good.

The art design is sharp. It has a good visual production with the victorian aesthetic mixed in with robotic equipment. Black Hat has a solid design. The characters have good chemistry, they bounce off each other naturally in conversation and you can easily imagine them in any scenario and what they might say that will lead to funny conversations. Good use of dark humor while restraining itself so it's not Happy Tree Friends "easy dark jokes". Nice twist to have successful villains rather than another Team Rocket group of misfits or villain-who-turns-hero story.

Here's your detailed response, you will now love Villainous.

The Villainous characters first started popping up when some of that was contemporaneous and I think the creator was pretty open about the Vasquez influence is what I mean. If a Western came on tv today, to use your example: I would probably say it was "different from what's on" or "unique today" but not that it's original since Westerns aren't a brand new idea. I wasn't trying to say the show isn't different from most of what's on TV right now or that it's bad, just that it's not a brand new idea to have bad guy protagonists in fiction or anything.

>Adventure Time became shit
>Regular Show is over
>Steven Universe is shit
>The network is literally Teen Titans Go Network
>the new shows are fucking garbage
>Twelve Forever belongs to Netflix now
>Infinity Train won't come till 2019 at least
Yeah, I can see why Sup Forums is so desperate.

I'd recommend you the new Tangled series. It is pretty good for a pseudo puppet animation show.

Don't forget Nu Power Puff girls.

I'll agree on the art. The only characters with good chemistry are Blackhat and Flug, 5.O.5 simply exists, and Demencia is obnoxious whenever she appears. The humor isn't notably dark, it only really tries to pass itself off as darker than it is. And "nice twist" simply falls back into the trap of "different is inherently good".

It's mediocre.

>the new shows are fucking garbage
Just want to remind some people of what they are. Here are a couple I remember coming out this year.

yeah, I considered that shit show on the new show they released.

To be fair, the Villainous shorts are not that bad, but mediocre. However, there is the promise it can become better. Alan Turiel, the creators seems to be very talented.
Let's just hope a pilot is released.

the one with the black MC looks comfy, but haven't watched it yet. The rest looks horrible.

They look so... unappealing. I just can't put my finger on why though.

It's time to let spics save us from the new dark age of CN or just find something else to watch

A&O Cotc, and Unikitty are ips im interested in seeing more of, whenever its announced we also most likely have Close enough, and Victor and Valentino, lots of new blood this year.

lack of waifu's & uninspired art styles. Nothing about them invites the desire to be invested in them or create fan art/content.

reminder the original movies are garbage and the netflix Legend Quest are superior.

>Twelve Forever belongs to Netflix now
good riddance

>Unikitty
Isn't Unikitty an acquired IP that'll end up getting treated like Cloudy or Supernoobs where they burn all the episodes then kick it off the network? Or is it an official CN/WB production?

wasn't the creator of Twelve Forever the one who said the main girl was gay or something?

yep, she is

The word she used was "genderqueer". I have no idea what that even means.

The Legion of Doom > Black Hack Organization

I think that just means they do not identify as a fixed single gender.

But that's a stupid definition for the word 'genderqueer'

Threadly reminder that villainous has exactly the same chance of ever succeeding as or evening earning its place as a standalone cartoon as every single Sup Forums project has ever fared, ever. That's what this cartoon is. The real world equivalent of Sup Forums projects.

Because the characters interact pretty well, and this is literally some dudes hs project becoming a reality I want to support the dude so he can do his thing.
English fan sub of the latest animation for those interested.
youtu.be/D0-SWG0hcT8

>Pickle and Peanut V2
>Steven Universe Suburban life
>How can we go cheaper

Here's two google definitions then.
>denoting or relating to a person who does not subscribe to conventional gender distinctions but identifies with neither, both, or a combination of male and female genders.
>a person who does not subscribe to conventional gender distinctions but identifies with neither, both, or a combination of male and female genders.