RWBY/RT General #1392: Beautiful Brown Edition

>1. Love RWBY, hate RWBY, just don't try to tell us it's good
>2. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>3. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion
>4. Don't believe their lies

1080p archive:
mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

RWBY Volume 5 Chapter 13 Link:
rtv3-video.roosterteeth.com/store/84e8c00cbbcb0a49837b12f56ba27e07-8a91a51f/ts/index.m3u8

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RQXe22auYOw
twitter.com/genjitutohing/status/953381383472218112
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RWBY!

Raven is cute!

Have any of the post V3 songs 'done' it for you guys? I think my favorite song is still THE ONE, though I did like LMFN

>THE ONE

I May Fall is still one of the better songs and is only marred by V3's Velvet shitshow.

Why let your hatred of that scene hurt the song for you? It's not actually tied to her, is it? They just used it there.

Then tell me your favorite song, whore.

>implying I'm The One still isn't the most hype shit

best ship

I'm really gonna miss it when Blake was apart from the main cast.

Unfortunately a song that would be perfect for a doomed situation and could not be better placed on a character like Qrow going down fighting went to a scene of overwhelming victory and to a minor character no less.
The song is still good, but it's synonymous with Velvet's scene now and I can't get it out of my head.

Neon and Divide are fun.

>Liking that she got her own dedicated arc the just takes up precious episode time.

Just lump her with the rest so the story won't feel like it jumps around anymore.

>yfw the Atlesian occupation of Mistral begins next episode.

Too interesting, it won't happen

A reminder that this is the best opening for RWBY ever. It has the best lyrics, the best action, and the best rhytm. youtube.com/watch?v=RQXe22auYOw It always gives me hype and chills.

Swan Song or whatever it's called sounded pretty good and I liked how it was used in the episode.

It has nice foreshadowing moments too, like the maple leaves on Pyrrha.

Is Ruby the most powerful of the RWBY team?

I am glad Neo got killed off.

The singing parts were really awkward. Similar to the incoherent screaming of V3 opening.

No, by-and-large Yang is due to her Semblance.
Weiss lacks the stamina and Blake is a literal pussy that without the upper hand ends up in endurance contests.
Ruby is the second most powerful because of her ability to generate high-pressure wind currents.

Silver eyes aside, it's probably still Yang.

Oh fuck, POST v3. This Life is Mine is one of my favorites, both for the concert scene and for the second part of the song that goes from a soft classical ballad to meaty guitar riffs. I love that shit.

Home, Armed and Ready, and Bad Luck Charm are all solid as well, and I'm looking forward to the full releases of Mirror Mirror (Prologue) and Ignite and Swan Song too.

I want both Sun and Yang to ditch Blake and get together!

"No one will miss you when you're finally gone." That line is brutal.

It wasn't until someone here mentioned it, but I recently realised that the only song that actually sounds like it's something the character would say/sing is Gold.

>May never
>SSSN arrive in full in E14 to hog more screentime in V6

Gold was written from Yang's pov to Ruby, IIRC. It would be cool if they referenced it as a lullaby Yang would sing to Ruby when they were young.

Yang gets beat up by a small girl with an umbrella.

Ruby defeats small girl with umbrella.

>Neo got killed off.
meme

are you implying that she'd get screentime if it weren't for SSSN?

this is the power of patriarcy

I know it's from her perspective, I'm saying that it is the only one that actually feels like the character.

Red Like Roses II for example, that doesn't sound anything like what Ruby would say.

It would actually be an interesting development if SSN were killed offscreen and Sun had to deal with the fact he left his teammates to die, though characters dying for the sake of someone else's development would have gotten pretty old at that point. Also Sage is hot so he doesn't deserve to die off-screen.

thanks for reminding me of how Velvet ruined a great song for me

>Jeff Williams
>incoherent singing

woah no way

What about Weiss's songs? At least two of them she sang in canon.

You said powerful, not skilled or quickest.
In terms of raw power, the winner is still Yang by a clear mile.

>characters dying for someone elses development

I mean, what's the other reason to kill a character off? Shock value?

There are plenty of good ones. Mirror Mirror, Gold, Home, Divide and such.

>I'm saying that it is the only one that actually feels like the character.

Shine and Dream Come True could be some of Pyrrha's yandere thoughts

To be rid of them.

As a culmination of their own storyline. Pyrrha's death, for instance, was the end of her story. Jaune and Ruby still got development but it wasn't FOR them specifically, just a natural reaction to the death of their friend.

You're misunderstanding my point.

I get that those songs are from their point of view (or in Mirror Mirrors case, literally sang by them). I'm saying that they don't actually convey in a way the character would. Mirror Mirror falls under that as well. The lyrics don't actually feel like the same character Weiss is portrayed as in the actual show.

>jaune

die

>Red Like Roses II for example, that doesn't sound anything like what Ruby would say.

>Yfw it turns out to be Yang and Raven's song.

>Shock value?

Yes.

Jeff doesn't sing in those.

OMG That's not the point I'm making.

Yes, those songs are supposed to be from someones view. Literally every RWBY song is. What I'm saying is, they don't actually feel like the character we're meant to be picturing singing it. The personality of Shine/Dream Come True feels nothing like the Pyrrha we saw in the actual show despite it meaning to be her.

Pyrrha died so that Ruby's silver eyes could awaken. Silver eyes which she or no one has talked about for two volumes. Pyrrha's death was so worth it.

???
He didn't sing in Swan Song or the V3 opening either.

just stop

I never said every song was incoherent, just that it's not a shock when he is. He is certainly guilty of it at times.

I see what you're saying. Gold is something Yang would outright talk about in canon, but I disagree with you about Mirror Mirror in particular. Part of Weiss's character is keeping her emotions close to her chest. Despite her being one of the warmest characters in the series at the moment, she's still never talked about her past or her family until her chat with Yang, for instance, so I'd argue that it's very in character for Mirror Mirror to be coming straight from Weiss's mouth. It's just not something she would open up about. Not yet anyway.

No

What are you on about? I was complaining about Swan Song which has nothing to do with Jeff's singing.

We all know that those chocolates are poisoned.

Neo belongs to Roman!

I like Gold in theory. I like the tune and the message of the song. But I just can't listen to it. Her voice just kills it for me.

OK I see what's happening here. I was talking about Jeff as a composer/music director, not just a singer.

yeah together in death!

Casey was still pretty young. I think she's gotten better in the later songs though.

Shame that Jeff divorced from Casey's mom.

Neo belongs to Weiss.

Weiss belongs to Neo.

Neo belongs to the Grimm that ate her.

I agree.

Stop this 'Neo is dead' meme.

>Ruby defeats small girl with umbrella
"Defeat" is a stretch. She barely saved her own skin by cheapshooting Neo.

It'll be a meme until she shows up in canon

Lewds when?

Why?

And soon she will be cute and dead.

Skyrim belongs to the Nord

I agree. Just makes going back and listening to some of her earliest stuff that much harder.

The Arkos train is eternal!

twitter.com/genjitutohing/status/953381383472218112

What if Blake was Edgy instead of Adam ?

These stupid bitches are doing petplay wrong. Only one of them is supposed to be the dog.

Then I would have actually enjoyed seeing Adam come down with a hammer blow across her face.

Would have been an improvement

Because he'd at least have another female singer to choose from.

What do you mean if?

>if

Lydia Harrell should do RWBY