Hey, Sup Forums? Quick question here...

Hey, Sup Forums? Quick question here...how the FUCK did Secret Invasion happen if Fury was supposed to be protecting the Earth from cosmic threats?

Shit writing and corporate retardery. The past 15 years REALLY damaged both Marvel and DC's timeline and cohenerence as fictional universes

The "Man on the Wall" retcon was stupid and poorly thought out, as were his Watcher-killing magic bullets that were never used before even though they would have been really useful and were never used since. Not just the Skrulls, these are just a few of the threats that Nick Fury did jack and shit about even though he took time out of his schedule to kill fucking Spider-Man before changing his mind:
>Thanos
>Doctor Doom
>Magneto
>Apocalypse
>Mr. Sinister
>Kree
>Badoon
>Brood
>Ego the Living Planet
>Kang the Conqueror
>Terrax
>Mole Man
>Tyrannus
>Warlord Kro
>Attuma
>Fin Fang Foom
>Terminus

Original Sin happened after Secret Invasion

I don’t get your logic OP

B-B-B-B-B-BAD WRITING!

Yeah but original sin revealed that fury had being acting as “the man on the wall” for decades

The thing is, DC has semi-coherence that could easily be explained away by how inconsistent things were over time due to multiversal fuckery and reboots (the Multiverse, then COIE, then Zero Hour, then Infinite Crisis, then Final Crisis, then New 52, then Rebirth)

Marvel used to be about putting effort into avoiding gaping errors like this (even though once in a while a few errors slip through) so when they fuck up like this on a regular basis then it's really noticeable to its readers.

That entire page with Spider-Man is just so unneccessary. All of Spidey's villain's get a free pass or did Fury also "have a hunch" about them too?

I will tell you the truth, Marvel wanted to make synergy with the MCU, they wanted a Black Fury and instead bringing Fury from the ultimate universe they created a new Nick Fury that debuted in Battle Scars, this character was the son of the original Nick Fury and was black because reasons.

Two years passed and Fury jr was still in the shadow of his father so Marvel decided that they should get rid of Fury sr, killing him was in the plans but they wanted an even more permanent solution, they created this meaningless story where they altered his past and now that he's the new Watcher he can never be who he was again... but in fact he never was that because all his stories of the past Nick Fury was a LMD.

Some will say "what does that have to do with it?" but I assure you that this happened because of synergy.

Well, he evidently failed.

1. SECRET invasion
2. it was a bad retcon
3. that was an example of one that was below his grade, showing how high level the shit he stopped was

DC just did the No Prize work for you.

The funny thing is I made a thread after Avengers came out saying Marvel would kill off Fury and bring in a new Fury more similar to Ultimate/MCU Fury and no one agreed with me.

Bendis
What more do you need to know?

Battle Scars released November 2011
Avengers came out April 2012

No user, it was because you're a fucking idiot just stated the obvious.

But Original Sin was Aaron.

Say what you want about Bendis but his Avengers stuff through Siege was developed and thought out. It wasn't until his original run ran its course (Should have ended at Siege) that Marvel began fucking up their continuity.

What made it worse is that they put out a comic detailing the life of the previous Man on the Wall that could have shown him dealing with bigger threats during all the cosmic shit. They could have seamlessly fit this in

I wanna read a clash of Fury and Bendix

He said Secret Invasion, and Secret Invasion was bendis.
Aaron is a hack too though.

Original Fury was cool. Ultimate Fury was cool. But somehow Fury Jr combined the two and managed to take on no interesting aspects from either of them.

But he's complaining about a plot development created by Aaron that Bendis had no part in.

Fair enough, I avoid all Bendis and Aaron shit like the plague so I'm by no means an expert on it.

Clearly.

Do you think there was potential for The Man on the Wall idea, be it Fury or Bucky or whoever?

If Thanos and Kang were too "low level" for Fury to stop, exactly what was a high enough risk for him to bother with? What the fuck?

No. It's a dumb idea period.

It deemphasizes the importance of the main MU characters by regresses all of them to back benchers and clean up teams for Fury's mistakes.

While simultaneously turning Fury's position into a joke via the frequency in which major world breaking problems occur on Earth.

And these problems don't go away without Fury but are a product of that sort of character's very existence.

I'm just fucking mad because if they wanted that kind of synergy they could have just BROUGHT OVER ULTIMATE FURY LIKE MILES

It's almost like Jason Aaron is a shit Marvel writer.

But...Ghost Rider...?

>it's almost like Jason Aaron is a shit writer
FTFY

What was really dumb about it was that Dum Dum Duggan knew about Fury's little side project. But he was replaced by a Skrull - so did the Skrull also know, and if so, why didn't he tell the rest of the invading forces? And if he didn't then why didn't that tip off Fury?
That bit made no fucking sense whatsoever even disregarding the retarded LMD retcon.