KSBD Seeker of Thrones 9-105

Finally, Allison has reunited and all is well in the lair of the Dragon.

Undertext:
“When Jayakka touched the dragon’s pearl, he saw at once it was not a great treasure at all, but a tiny world upon which lived innumerable small and peaceful beings. The merest imprint of his finger had smashed nearly ten thousand of them to death, and at this realization he recoiled in horror.”

– Saga of the Seven Pearls

If I go another page or two without seeing Mammon I will literally kill myself.

disappointed by the lack of selfcest on this page

DO IT FAGGOT

looks like someone didn't pay his gobelet tax this year

Don't do it, you'll miss out on the reveal. He's totally gonna be bearer of the word 'Tower'.

at this point I'm so excited I could break in a thousand pieces
His entrance better not be a let down!

The thing that kills me is that there are entire towns in this fucking vault
Like wtf even?

How much do you think one of those coins is worth? Is the vault really that impressive if each one is like a penny?

After all this build up surrounding Mammon and his tragic fate, his regret and now the meta-description of his vault as a "refuge" filled with "innumerable small and peaceful beings", I don't think Allison will be the one to kill him. It wouldn't be right, thematically.

But it doesn't matter because Mottom is gonna show up and tear this place apart any minute now, as she is wont to do to any bountiful world. I wonder if that's when 000001 will intervene.

I'm pretty sure I played against Abbadon on Overwatch the other day. He was playing as Winston. I had no idea that Abbadon had shit taste.

How will Mottom get inside the vault so quickly? She's basically dying.

>It's all pennies.

Mammon is long dead and 000001 is fulfilling his final wish by running his empire and protecting his vault/refuge/tomb.

>protecting his vault/refuge/tomb
Yeah, she sure is doing a good job at it, lmao

If he's dead then who's using his key?

Yeah I think what it all might be hinting at is that when Allison shows up to kick his ass Mammon reveals that he's spent his last few centuries of solitude acting as some kind of benevolent god-king (kinda like Solomon but less harsh and on a smaller scale) to a bunch of vault creatures, just chillin' and ruminating on his mistakes. And then Mottom will show up and fuck it all up.

I'll admit that's a little too specific to be 100% but maybe it'll be something like that, his regret has been getting played up so it'll definitely be part of it.

dear god please don't let it be a 'he was dead all along!' reveal

She's desperate now. Her fear held her back earlier, but she has nothing to lose now. Acting without thought lets you get away with all kinds of crazy shit in this universe. The fortress is supposedly demiurgen proof since its fractal nature fucks up space-time travel, but if Allison could carry her group through Yre I'm sure a demiurge who wanted to get inside REAL bad could do so without too much effort.

And that's assuming she doesn't literally crash the fortress from the outside. What happens when you destroy something that contains infinite space?

Didn't Cio rob/meet Mammaries directly?

000001, of course. Her halo was hella big.

She probably expected the intruders to die in the maze of air. Or perhaps I'm just wrong.

Yeah, but that clearly didn't happen yesterday. It's been long enough that Yabalchoath's theft and eventual fate has become a myth.

If 000001 had the key would she really throw a bunch of shitty chainsaw fuccbois at the party instead of blowing them up herself? Using cannon fodder would be way more in-character for Mottom and even she didn't do that.

I'm pretty sure you can't crash into a separate pocket dimension
It's more likely that she'd zap herself in, but I doubt she can do that with her whole palace, tho (her palace moved through the gates)
I still wonder whether Mammon will be dead or not, and still can't decide which option will be good or disappointing

If 000001 was the new demiurge the remaining members of the Seven would have taken notice during the meeting she attended. And I doubt Abaddon would've explicitly called her a Emissary if she wasn't, as he doesn't seem to mind posting spoilers.

He's going to be dead and rotting. 100% guarantee this.

Abbadod subverted my expectations and sidestepped a shitty forced romance so I'd like to think he would avoid doing something so lame.

>subverting tropes by not having your run-of-the-mill dragon encounter is lame

It would be infinity cooler if there was some crazy conspiracy going on.

As others have already suggested, the idea that he now serves as the benevolent ruler of this infinite pocket-kingdom is much more interesting than him being dead. Compare and contrast with Yabalchoath and Allison's recent behaviour.

>run-of-the-mill dragon encounter

If you think that's what Mammon would be you probably haven't been reading the extra text.

crazy conspiration theory: 000001 is the new form Mammon choose for himself.
Or a woman possessed by Mammon's will while his body rots somewhere in the Vault, ala God-Emperor in 40K

I like the idea that Mammon could be sympathetic. The Seven are all monsters who must be removed for the world to heal, but having them all be bloodthirsty assholes ruled solely by their vices is boring. Jadis has been stuck in a magical coma for millennia and wishes to die, Gog-Agog's entire existence has been described as a tragic mistake, and Jagganoth has pretty much been driven insane by war trauma.

Each and every one of them have at least one fatal flaw which has stopped them from becoming royalty. Allison will have to face each and every one before she can truly be King.

I still prefer an ironic end, like most of the seven will probably experience.

>Mottom starves to death
>Mammon rots protecting his own hoard or is betrayed/dies from something was inside all along
>Incubus is fucked to death

Nigga, Mammon isn't even a proper dragon. He's some kind of giant weird bug thing with a silmaril mixed with an infinity stone stuck in his forehead. "Ordinary dragon encounter" indeed.

Its been a while since I kept up with the threads

Why are people saying mammon is dead? And whats the deal with nr 1?

He's the only demiurge we haven't seen outside of a flashback, no 1 is the purple woman who summoned the priests and seems to have a key.

Interesting she kept the hair colour. I wonder if this means she has control over how she appears to people.

It changed hue a little bit.

>run-of-the-mill dragon encounter

You know that's just a title right? It was given to him after he slaughtered his entire family for power.

She's become one with herself after fighting another aspect of herself. Something similar was mentioned earlier with UN and YIS in the beginning.

I also noticed that Power's hair is slightly blueish instead of pure white.

$1 billion in pennies fills about two olympic swimming pools (after you account for the wasted space). If the coins are a couple meters deep, every square kilometer would be about $1 trillion.

If those are all Krugerrands or something, multiply those numbers by a hundred thousand.

I'd be okay with this.

Seeing these two pages just reminds me how much I fucking love this comic.

I doubt it's going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if some people have forgotten it by now but the death of a single Demiurge is a reakky big deal, not only because it essentially leaves part of Throne and 777,777 worlds free for the taking but also because it makes it so stopping Jagganoth becomes entirely reliant on Allison. We know Mottom's going to die very soon, so revealing that Mammon's been dead this whole time would lessen the significance of her death by a lot (unless 000001 has officially taken over as his successor, but that's unlikely for multiple reasons).

Guys...I've forgotten why they came to Mammon's vault in the first place.

Her boytoy is being kept there since it's """""unbreakable"""""

Zaid is supposedly imprisoned there although we have no clue who took him there or whose idea it was. Presumably 000001 brought him back with her entourage after the meeting but I don't think it's been mentioned at all.

>killed his entire clan to obtain power

BRAVO ABBADON

Technically he already had power by then. He killed them to free himself from all burdens except his own greed and to keep them from fucking with his shit. Which is kind of supposed to be a contrast with Allison embracing all aspects of herself just now.

That page has got to be one of my favorites out of the whole comic so, and instantly made Mammon my favorite demiurge. The art and narration is so cool to me.

"They SPAT on his ambition...they were too cruel." Really gives a feel for his whole character.

>Pity the Dragon

I really hope he's not dead, his build-up so far has been way cooler than Mottom's, and we know basically nothing about his actual personality. Plus it'd be cathartic for Cio to see him again, and I want to see just how fucking massive he must be by now.

Abbadon said this page was going to have a big fancy panel and I was honestly expecting it to be a giant shot of Allison falling down a water fall in like the bottom left corner, and the rest is Mammon sitting around or something. Actually I'm quite surprised by how his inner sanctum looks, with the water and trees and stuff. Cio's flashbacks made it look a lot smaller (which is kinda stupid to say since it's literally infinite).

At the end of the day it's probably just Abby changing his mind but y'know, still cool.

It's not unlikely that Mammon can just change the layout and size of the vault at will anyway.

I just hope there's a good reason why he didn't come out and try to kill the whole party himself. Considering his backstory and his infinite fortress full of literally everything and the way he's kept his distance from the plot so far I wonder if he's not just suffering from a big case of apathy. After seeing what happened to Mottom it would make sense if all the Demiurges were affected by something related to their respective sin that's preventing them from attaining Royalty.

So, I'm guessing the white hair is permanent now?

I am so hype to finally see what Mammon's up to.

Like another user pointed out, it seems to have now taken on a different hue. To me it looks blonde.

She has fruit stockpiles, my good user.

>Mottom
>Stockpiling anything let alone magical youth fruit instead of fucking stuffing herself with every new batch like the pig she is

Dragon is another name for the Kindly People. Mammon, if I recall correctly, is called the Grand Dragon. So the (literally) biggest dragon you could ever encounter in this setting.

What matters is not how many coins are in the vault. The only thing that matters is how many are not in the vault. If there are few, and Mammon's will is great enough to draw those remaining few into his vault, then they are valuable.

fun fact, The Kind People enjoy being slaves, and will ostracise any who seek to be a master of their own. The rest of the Kind People think Mammon is a demon.

I do wonder what the "of the West" part signifies. A Buddhist reference to the Western Paradise?

I think it's an Avatar shout-out

Any reason why apart from a character being called that? I mean. It's not like Avatar doesn't reference Buddhist stuff as well.

Abbadon is heavily inspired by eastern religions in the making of KSBD.

But it appears to be a direct Avatar reference. Googling the term only comes up with Iroh from ATLA.

I find it interesting that despite this we’ve seen several Kind People working under Mammon. Perhaps their natural inclination to serve under the powerful means that some of them can morally justify it, although working for something you view as literally demonic and evil is still kinda strange.

I imagine there are other Kind People who wish to attain power as well, and having been outcast by their own people, they'd go to the only other powerful Kind Person they know.

Eh, I'm unconvinced. Dragons and WEST stuff came up in Journey to the West, so a mish-mash of the two seems a logical enough connection to make. More than an "Avatar" reference does when there's barely anything to connect the Kind People and Iroh of all people.

Yeah. I'm not going to criticize this exactly. In a book, this page is just fine and dandy.

But in terms of something you wait for as a twice weekly update, it's boring as hell.

>his regret

Point me towards the page/panel/line I missed.

>the Kind People, are very powerful fighters due to their durability and constitution, earning them the title "Dragons of the West"

Iroh was a very powerful warrior, and got the nickname "Dragon of the West" after slaying the last of the dragons (he didn't actually, but that's how he got the name). which in the Avatar lore, are the original firebenders, and immensely powerful. Defeating them is an act of heroism.

Both are powerful fighters and martial artists. It's not impossible to see the connection between the two.

Weird, for some reason I always thought mammon genocided all other kind people. Guess just his friends family and clan right?

see

Yeah I understood that by clan as all the kind people being some sort of clan.

>silmaril mixed with an infinity stone

Perfect!

>It wouldn't be right, thematically
>Implying this story isn't Alysson's journey to becoming an evil royal

I agree with all of this, but it makes me concerned it WILL happen, breaking Abbadon's world a bit.

I thought it'd be a larger, denser money bin to be honest. I guess he spent too much on security. That or Allison's bf got hungry while he was in jail.

What if that story is fake? What if the "Mammon clan" is who's running the whole show from inside the vault? And this is why the priests are all insane etc, so that even if somehow they made it out, no one would take their rantings about multiple 'Grand Dragons" seriously. There could be an appointed "Mammon" for meetings, etc. It's possible they did this to prevent the other demiurges from trying to fracture them internally.

They live beautiful peaceful lives on the backs of outsiders. They may have offered Yabalchoath the choice to stay with them and live like them if she submitted to their authority, but she wouldn't have it and killed one of them (taking his/her tiny bit of the word) and left. Maybe that's a sort-of analogy being told in the story in the text here.

>I'm probably wrong but speculating is fun.

I was about to give up on finding this in the catalogue. Can't we all just agree to call it kill six billion demons? I tried that and k6bd which has been used before. What a pain

I doubt the story about the entire clan being wiped out is fabricated. I'm sure if hundreds (if not thousands) of a specific clan just died out, I doubt it would remain quiet.

> The towns rely on good deeds as payment
> Allison recruits some people to go back and recover her two demon friends
> Cio/Princess are missing/dead
The fanboys will cry a fuckin river

Cio's probably met more than a few mammaries in her day.

I think all of them are going to be sympathetic except for Mammon. He has the most opportunity to be a massive asshole since he's just pure greed.

Eat the pennies Allison

silmaril mixed with an infinity stone is the best way to describe a key

>I had no idea that Abbadon had shit taste.
You mean the guy who draws weight gain?

Everything so far points towards him NOT being "pure greed" though. The least sympathetic one will probably be Incubus, as he seems to delight in breaking the minds of men. And possibly also requiring it to exist.

His architecture and priest’s liturgy is focused entirely on how sad it is he had to murder all those people.

Did you miss their mummified corpses hung up in the hallway just a few pages ago?

Mammon is literally a horse

or a donkey

Gotta say in the meeting, Gog-agog has done a lot to sell the idea she's genuinely too consumed by her sin to be sympathetic at the point we meet her. And I feel like Solomon's being set up to have some fucking massive skeletons in his closet behind his facade of righteousness.

The little twist on the Judgement of Solomon related to him was...actually not as harsh as I'd come to expect from an evil god-king. Which just makes me more suspicious his nastiness is going to come from something he wants to hide from the others.

The mandibles make me think of all the concepts I've seen of non-humanoid OC alien races.

I suspect Gog-Agog's backstory is gonna be genuinely awful. She is supposedly by far the oldest demiurge and was once a non-sapient worm heap. Someone once had a theory about how she might be a human whose soul was experimented upon and inserted into those worms. If that's anywhere near the truth and she herself is aware of how fucked up her existence as an immortal hivemind of worms is, trying in vain to imitate some semblance of humanity... How could you not pity that?

Solomon David's greatest problem might just be his arrogance, pride, and conviction. Mottom's only redeeming quality is that she seems to realize and genuinely despise that she's become a monster like her husband, even if she's too cowardly to do anything about it. But I don't think Solomon David could ever see himself as a villain. We'll find out eventually, I suppose, but for now he's probably the demiurge whose motives we know the least about.

>but for now he's probably the demiurge whose motives we know the least about.
He's obviously ruling to bring Justice to everyone.
His motives couldn't be any clearer.

I use these filters to ensure threads appear highlit and on top:
/^ksbd/i;highlight;boards:aco,co
/^k6bd/i;highlight;boards:aco,co
/^KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS/i;highlight;boards:aco,co
/^KILL 6 BILLION DEMONS/i;highlight;boards:aco,co

Mammon can't rot. His race is physically immortal, unless someone kills him, HR lived forever.

Makes sense if all their associated sins are just themes, rather than core character traits.
Motton had gluttony and it wasn't like she was an all-devouring ogre. Her 'hunger' was metaphorical, it was the system that kept her in power that used up all those resources. Although it wasn't quite clear how that worked, which made sympathizing with her harder for me.

Well from what this panels suggests, it might be a literary country of money. Each of the seven rules a land, and Mammons seems to be a land made entirely of money.