Why isn't Peej in the same tier of popularity as Harley Quinn, or Wonder Woman, or even Batgirl?

Why isn't Peej in the same tier of popularity as Harley Quinn, or Wonder Woman, or even Batgirl?
Is DC holding her back?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The problem is PG is just a less interesting Supergirl who is only known for her tits.

Because all she has going for her is her tits.

>Harley Quinn

blew the fuck up after Margot Robbie portrayed her in Suicide Squad

>Wonder Woman

Everyone knows her, especially after the movie

>Batgirl

SEE Harley Quinn

let's face it, no one outside of Sup Forums really cares about Peej and her gigantic tits.

Either that, or they forgot about her and left her to die on the shitty Earth 2 series.

she's flat in all important aspects

Harley, Wonder Woman, and #Batgirl are Strong Female Chaaracter Role Models.
You can't be busty and a SFCRM.

>blew the fuck up after Arkhem Asylum

Fixed

I think the Nu52 killed PG.

Genuinely this. Harley is a better meme slut while Supergirl is a better wholesome sell. Peeg is redundant outside of comics.

I've never heard of her. She has big tits though.

Because she doesn't have a movie, or to my knowledge even a strong presence in a cartoon or video game adaptation.

In this day and age, not enough people read comics for anything that is ONLY in comics to matter in the public conciousness. One movie was all it took to take the GotG from 'literally who?' to a household name.

Give PG a movie and more people will know about her. Not that DC is exactly in a position to sell a lesser know hero right now when they can't even drum up interest in their own A material.

I'm beginning to think Dini and Timm had the right idea with Galatea

Not true, PG is a very interesting character if she is written well. She is a superman with anger issues, sex appeal, and a identity crisis , lots of drama to pull with if you want. Palmiotti's run of her showed she could also have a great sense of humor if given the chance. Supergirl is filled with teen angst especially in the New 52.

The problem with Power girl is she works great as a supporting character in a well Written Team book, ex Johns JSA.

Yes, Yes it certainly did.

>Give Power Girl a movie
Honestly, who would fucking care? Outside of her sweater puppies, what does PG even bring to the table that is remotely interesting in comics?

Kara is already a superman with anger issues, so what's your point?

Draw the same woman he always does?

She hasn't had as much exposure as they have.

Peej is way more interesting and has more personality than fucking Supergirl.

>ever doubting it
Galatea is best evilfu.

Turn her into a Caring Motherly Character instead of acting like a total Bitch in most comics.

That Kara's anger issues come from being a emotionally unstable teenager/young adult and PG's stem from living in the shadow of said emotionally unstable teenager. That and the fact that she was pulled out of her universe against her will, other people don't take her seriously, men just see her as sex object etc.

superman but tits

Probably this.

Bull. Shit.
>Men just see her as a sex object
>The infamous boob window
Gee, I wonder why?

Exactly. Hence why she doesn't have a movie.

Like, she has a sexy design and a convoluted backstory. But who can actually name any good Power Girl stories? Power Girl enemies? Anything?

Her first solo series was good. That Vartox guy was pretty funny.

What are some recommended PG reads?

>Kara is already a superman with anger issues.
But that's wrong. Kara is a sweet and bubbly girl from next door type.

No she has more personality than her easily, she's a hell of a lot more funnier IF given the chance, I dropped the Supergirl rebirth honestly.

Batgirl is a pushed classic riding on BatGod name.
Wondy is a classic who had a decent movie recently.
Harley enables escapism fun, had her own movie, has animator wank, and gets BatGod push.

PG is just there for neet bucks and autistic screeching when anything is done with her.

Dan Slott wrote the best Power Girl run years ago.

Well to be fair, she was a Red Lantern once

johns's JSA
Power Girl (2009)
some user posted the first and second issues of it.
boards.Sup Forums.org/co/thread/98115562/power-girl-1-storytime#bottom

why won't WB let Marvel Studios make DC movies

>screeching when anything is done with her.

That's cause Nu52 ruined her and left her on earth 2 to rot.

Well to be fair she stopped being one.

I fucking love Vartox.

Hey don't get pissy with me because that happened.

None of that has anything to do with quality of charaters. They're pushed, so they're popular. And idiots think "they're popular so there must be a good reason".
PG isn't pushed, so you assume there's nothing to her.

>Wonder Woman isn't busty

This, Bat girl (babs) is one of the most bland female characters ever written, yet she is always pushed for some damn reason.

>women seem to have no problem with Harley Quinn dressing up in revealing clothing
>always find the need to complain about Peej's boob window
I don't get it.

jealousy

They should have retconned PG into being a grown-up Supergirl post crisis, even if they have to do a "shock revelation" she was an Atlantean sorceror's kid this whole time who thought she was Superman's cousin. Superman and Supergirl's pre-crisis history could still exist within this context and Supergirl-PG hybrid gets both a history and a natural evolution into independent, headstrong woman from her early happy teen girl days.

Harley Quinn was in a well known cartoon and a high grossing movie. Peeg wasn’t, and likely won’t be anytime soon because she has literally no niche to fill.

Gadot was considered an acceptable casting.

Cartoons

Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman are only popular because of other mass-media enterprises.

In Harley's case it's because of the Arkham games and to a lesser extent BtAS. In Wonder Woman's case, the movie.

Lets face it boys, people don't care about comic characters until they're in something popular that isn't a comic. Until Peeg gets a movie, tv show, or a video game, she's not gonna be that popular.

Branding. Babs is the only Batgirl casuals know, and she's the first. I'm still mad about the Oracle thing being tossed out, and Cass is the better Batgirl

She has no real niche. She's big titty Supergirl which only really makes her a "fan favorite" at best. Superman does his thing, Supergirl does her teen girl superman thing, but Power Girl doesn't have a thing for herself. Now the Amanda Conner Power Girl, she sort of established herself as a more hot-blooded Superman without a moral compass pointed a little more south and her position as a CEO meant that her civilian life still had a huge amount of stress and responsibility. She was different, you could do different things with her than Superman, it was set up perfectly for her to explore her own avenue of growth. And then of course DC pissed it all away for an event.

I would like to see them together more often.

>Gadot
>Acceptable casting
KAL EL NOH

>considered an acceptable casting.
because of (((nepotism)))

Its a stupid team-up only remembered for its art.

>Power Girl doesn't have a thing for herself
Even before Conner's Power Girl she was chairman of the JSA in John's run, she is a good leader.

Eh, Harley meme teamup will forever be Poison Ivy. Personally Peeg’s best teamup potential is “wild reckless pseudo-older sister” for Supergirl.

Because that’s just what the DCU is missing, of course.

Not in universe retard, sales wise. Who do you sell Peeg to that couldn’t be better done by Wondy or Supergirl or Harley (or any of the other hot Batman rogues) or Zatanna or older Starfire?

NOt Terra?

That niche was got her fans, I don't know why they don't just go back to it with someone other than Palmiotti. The core PG fanbase hated his new stuff anyways.

Zatanna and Starfire can be removed from that list. They too are very niche and don't really compete with Peej. WW too I think has an audience that wouldn't take numbers from Power Girl. Supergirl and Harley are the main real threats, but I still think Harley's gimmick of being a retard wouldn't get in Power Girl's way since she's never been portrayed that way in modern times. Supergirl is pretty much the big stumbling block, both because of visual/power similarity but also she's more well known. If you really push the civilian and characterization differences you could easily have both books coexist with one another.

>They too are very niche and don't really compete with Peej
Zatanna maybe, but Starfire has way more mainstream appeal than Peej does.

>Who do you sell Peeg to that couldn’t be better done by Wondy or Supergirl or Harley (or any of the other hot Batman rogues) or Zatanna or older Starfire?

Well if you had a good writer then the comic could sell itself with a good story and due to fan service, sex sells after all. After Rucka left WW went to shit, Zatanna appeals to magic lovers, Supergirl to teenagers. Power Girl could appeal to people who are not the above, or with crossovers with Supergirl and the superman family. The last PG solo lasted past 20 issues even after Conner leaving, so if pushed she could easily make it big.

Considering how shitty her solo sold, not really Starfire can't get past being JUST a Titan.

With who? TTfags? Normies have no clue who she is and if her latest comic is any indication cannot survive outside of a team book.

>Considering how shitty her solo sold, not really Starfire can't get past being JUST a Titan.
How well did Peej's sell?

Hard mode: how well did it sell after Amanda Conner left?

She's on that new live action Titans show. Certainly more than what PG has going for her

She has two popular cartoons and an upcoming live-action TV show. What does Peej have?

With WW currently going hard on Greek mythos, and Supergirl being a teen book, there's still spots for her as a more pulpy, woman Superman. If you bring in her old thing as a CEO, you can do stuff with that too. Have an arc where she's competing with Lexcorp or Kord Industries or something, I dunno. I mean shit, they gave Lana powers to have a female Superman for a while. They can come up with something for Peej to do.

it lasted long enough to get 27 issues as opposed to Starfire's 12, 12 issues that got cancelled, CANCELLED.

>Hard mode: how well did it sell after Amanda Conner left?

Lol what a loaded question, oh i don't know, how well would Mister miracle sell if Tom king suddenly left. She left at issue 12 and they lasted a bit longer but surely suffered, I don't have the numbers off the top of my head as this was in 2009

The quesiton isn't what has PG going for her, but rather what she doesn't

They don't promote her at all when they easily could. Nothing is stopping them they just don't push her, its wasted potential that's the original question OP was asking.

Because she has a boob window.
>but user, if they put her into the films they could just redesign her costume!
Which would cause people to google her and discover the boob window.

It's in DC's best interest financially to avoid these kinds of character designs if they want to compete with Marvel globally.

The moment they start pushing PG in mainstream media is the day she goes to fucking ruin because feminists will have a goddamn field day regarding her rack. Do you want that user?

>it lasted long enough to get 27 issues
And was still cancelled.
>issues as opposed to Starfire's 12, 12 issues that got cancelled, CANCELLED
Just like Power Girl was cancelled once DC realized Power Girl couldn't maintain an ongoing without Amanda Conner writing and illustrating

>Lol what a loaded question, oh i don't know, how well would Mister miracle sell if Tom king suddenly left.

It would sell badly, and then it would be cancelled. Thank you for proving my point.

She was really popular a number of years back when cosplay was really starting to gain steam. Her costume looked good and worked on a lot of bodytypes. Ultimately they killed her off when they introduced the black genius power girl. Add in the Wonder Woman movie along with Harley Quinn really taking off with the Batman games and then, of course, Suicide Squad, and they ended up leaving her in the dust.

earth 2

>feminists will have a goddamn field day regarding her rack.

Oh noes People who don't buy comics or play video games are going to complain about an industry that they much up less than 10% of.

Both series were selling around the same numbers (i.e. 16,000) when they were cancelled. PG took a bit longer to get there, but they were still both cancelled for the same reason.

Comics only exist to sell movies and merchandise, and women buy those too. The age of DC catering exclusively to boys is dead.

>Peej finally gets popular enough to be in anything live-action
>feminists won't shut up about her rack
>her body essentially gets neutered and she becomes the nu-Carol Danvers
That would be the worst timeline.

they got Whedon kicked out of the biggest gig he's ever had and he was one of their own

Like it or not, those people are louder than us, and casuals direct our hobby.

Then I guess there's no hope for her then.

Anyone have the oink kryptonite image where she starts making out with harley?

Normies absolutely know who she is, almost exclusively because of the 04 series, which also is the only reason Cyborg is on the Justice League.

If The original creative team didn't leave it would have done better, lasted longer, Sold more, having a run last to almost 30 issues isn't that bad.

They don't promote her because she's an incredibly difficult character to promote.

>Character mostly known for fanservice = can't use in children's cartoons
>Character is functionally identical to Supergirl in powerset and has a very similar character arc, i.e. finding acceptance in new world
>What makes her character unique is that her backstory is literally a continuity clusterfuck, which would be difficult to adapt without proper context

The closest you'll get is the equivalent to a Galatea, similar character but with enough changed to make her more digestible to a mainstream audience.

More likely she gets good characterization and normies suddenly stop caring because OMG SHE IS LITERALLY ME.

Note how Harley magically stopped being slut around the time Suicide Squad trailers were rolling out.

Also we forgot to mention she was highly requested in Injustice, and got in thanks to that demand. Casuals know Starfire

If you like tim drake then you basically like Babs as Batgirl.

>If The original creative team didn't leave it would have done better, lasted longer, Sold more
Doubtful. The book was already teetering on cancellation numbers even before Conner left (her last issue sold a pretty paltry 19,000), her leaving likely just accelerated the cancellation.

When was Batgirl in Suicide Squad?

They could have her as a side character in the Supergirl TV show that would give her lots of casual attention. Some will complain but others would not, ffs they got the legion of superheroes in that show.

>which also is the only reason Cyborg is on the Justice League
Nah, that's because Geoff Johns is an autist and Cyborg is his favorite black DC character because of the Justice League cartoon show from the eighties.

Power Girl was in demand for Injustice too.

>she becomes the nu-Carol Danvers
good, she's a nothing character, might as well change her and try to make a real movie. everybody fucking knows DC has been trying.

When she was oracle.

>This, Bat girl (babs) is one of the most bland female characters ever written, yet she is always pushed for some damn reason.

Cause we are slaves to the 60s and the glorious waifu who made her.

Pretty much, I don't but yeah I see what you mean.

Really? I'd have thought Timfags would prefer Cass or Steph.

I'm holding it back, if you catch my drift

They should just do another run of JLI with her, Gardner, Booster and a few others. It can't be worse than the current run of JLA by Steve Orlando.