What does Sup Forums think of Ronald Reagen?

What does Sup Forums think of Ronald Reagen?

Will Donald Trump exceed the success of his Presidency?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitburg_controversy
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LdF_D4hTCXo
u.nya.is/tuchra.epub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nope.jpeg

>Reagan
forced to take Bush or no nomination
>trump
forced to take Pence or no nomination

They're both cucks

The Reagan era of financial deregulation and labour union stomping is the very reason the white working class elected a protectionist.

regan was no better than carter. carter started government subsidized outsourcing which actually gave tax breaks for outsourcing to mexico and carter wouldnt fight russia toe to toe

regan continued the concept of government subsidized outsourcing he just changed the location and he wouldnt fight russia toe to toe either

I'm reading pic related right now, and when you understand the situation of the country in the two decades before him, it's hard not to agree with him.

You have to understand, the economy was so fucked up before he took office. Can you imagine having 12% inflation in the US? Unthinkable today, but that's what the 70's did.

And it's so much fun to read the book and see all the similarities between him and his times and Trump and our times. Reagan had to fight off all the SJW fuckery left over from the 60's, and here we have Trump fighting our SJW's.

The book is a great read, truly recommend it. If anybody wants an epub/pdf, let me know.

cuckservative

There hasn't been even a tolerable Republican since Eisenhower and before that Teddy Roosevelt. If Trump can be a successful Roosevelt America will truly be great.

Not perfect, but a lot of the decisions he made were the right ones - including the ones that leftists often cite as mistakes.

Personally I think Tricky Dick was a decent guy if not for the scandals

He dindu nuffin though

IN EVERY WAY

>implying Pence was a bad choice
>the beautiful, handsome, silver haired fox

>he wouldnt fight russia toe to toe either
when he took office, russia out-nuked us in every respect, you would not have won that war. Reagan built up your arsenal and started the Star Wars defense system, which evened the score. He also slashed benefits and welfare like mad just so he could lower taxes for the people.

For his re-election, he was running against Mondale, whose platform was "Reagan was wroong, we need to RAISE your taxes so we can keep funding dem programs". Pic related was the result.

An actor who played the President of the US.
Nixon was good.

Nixon was a "right wing democrat" like Obama/Clinton were "left wing republicans." Nixon did things that democrats would be unable to accomplish because when democrats push for (say) the EPA it's obvious how to resist. It's like why pressure to wear makeup comes from other women even though it is for men and why only Obama or Clinton could push for horrible trade deals.

That picture makes me solid.

>Le cuckservative meme
>Rapes NEET's for the good of the working class

people always lose elections when there whole standing point is, the other guy is wrong.
Its as tho there only plan is not to do what they other guy is doing, busniess as usual.

fuck NEETs, but im still not sure about mrs may, if she can convince me that she will persuct NEETs then im all for her.

Reagan was the only President to honor Waffen SS soldiers for that alone he should have Sup Forumss respect
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitburg_controversy
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LdF_D4hTCXo

I myself am still spectacle of May, but she's heading in the right direction. I'm still currently a member of UKIP but the current situation surrounding us makes me concerned. We'll be saved if JRE or Paul Nuttall wins though.

He has spoken

>reagan
>success
he screwed over whites in favor of free trade and illegals.

jellybeans

They're both actors, no political experience before hand. Reagan era politics and global commerce = top notch. Can't wait to see what Trump does.

WTF, White guy raped for supporting Trump

WTF, White guy raped for supporting Trump

He gave illegals amnesty whereas Trump will deport them all.

They literally have nothing in common.

>nothing in common
They both want peace

Mostly good.

He supported an assault weapons ban, which I highly disagree with.

>They both want peace
>generic, shitty phrase every politician in history has always said
gg, tardo

Trump > Reagan

Only for Fully Autos (NRAs position BTW) the letter in the 90s was written by Nancy when Reagan was entering dementia ville

What if Trump develops dementia and Melania turns into his Wormtongue?

(((sucess)))
>defunds mental institutions
>makes millions of spics legal
>gets shot like a bitch

full auto is a meme anyway there's no need at all for full-auto

99% of tactical situations don't even require a full rifle but just a semi-auto carbine

>Trump goes full dementia
>Melania shadow government
>immigration only allowed for qt women under 30

>no political experience before hand

are you retarded? Reagan served two terms as Governor of California, arguably the most important (certainly the largest both in population and economy size) state in the union.

>think of Ronald Reagen?
pretty good president over all, one of the better ones, if not best, in modern history. Some of the things he did were really good for America and had a lasting impact; some of the things not so good. It is hard to separate the president from the circumstances they find themselves in, but Reagan did make America better for his presidency imo.

Trump is basically a "Reagan Democrat" who remembers why Reagan was good for America.

>Will Donald Trump exceed the success of his Presidency?
Only if He can learn from Reagan's mistakes: do not give the Democrats your good faith to follow through on what they promise you in deals that you make with them. Get their promises in writing: make binding laws that pass congress. If Reagan had done this, we wouldn't have the current illegals problem that we have now.

And only if he is lucky enough to be the right man for the right job in whatever random circumstance America will find itself in, in the next 8yrs. No one knew when we elected W. Bush that there would be a 9/11, but that event basically defined his presidency.

Trump looks American version of Yeltsin in Russia.

Gorbachev and Obama worked in the difficult time.
People wanted a strong boss after them to rise up.

who knows

>If anybody wants an epub/pdf, let me know.

I want it.

well said

u.nya.is/tuchra.epub

Read it comparing it to our current times, it's pretty amazing. Jesse Jackson ran for the democratic nomination, Mondale had a female VP, there was talks of repealing affirmative action, CNN was founded and quickly replaced the other news networks, all the dems crying out for "mo money fo dem programs", cold hard stats cited about black delinquency being over-proportioned, same for welfare recipients, the rise of the CEO-as-a-celebrity (including a profile on Trump and Ted Turner), discussions of Reagan trying to repeal the 1965 immigration reform set forth by Lyndon Johnson, and so much more. I'm starting to believe that the 80's defined our current times.

Just a figurehead, but gaddamn he was good at it.

Trump isn't about to be run by speechwriters, his entire style is off the cuff and people love it.

I can't believe it took a fucking Fin to tell an American how fucking amazing Ronald Reagan was.

Jesus Christ. What the fuck are teachers teaching you children here? Any american who was alive and conscious when Reagan was president CRIED when he died; 6 years after leaving the white house. Think about that. 2 presidents, in the middle of the Clinton white house and Americans were universally weeping.

The man was the GOAT. I'll never forget how the press corps went into a conniption fit about him whenever his name came up. One time during a mic check, Reagan, who the press was accusing of planning to start WW3, said "the bombing will commence in 30 minutes". The press went berserk. They actually pissed themselves thinking he had ordered the attack on the USSR.

It was a fucking mic check. I still laugh about it thinking about Sam Donaldson and Cokie Roberts basically crying in rage about it.

The state of the country, the hell it had been through with Vietnam, then Nixon/Watergate, then that idiot Ford, followed by the absolute disaster that was Carter. You know thanks to Carter economists had to devise a new metric to determine how horrible the economy was? They called it the "misery index". Seriously. It was fucking terrible. We were suffering from something called "StagFlation" Prior to carter it was believed that unemployment dropped as inflation (prices) went up. With carter we got the magical stagflation, where prices shot through the roof while employment crashed. almost 1/4 Americans were out of work, while the price of milk was too much for even EMPLOYED workers to afford. Thank you carter.

It took Reagan almost 3 years to fix the economy, it was THAT fucked up. And when he fixed it, MAN DID HE FIX IT.

The Reagan economic boom was the longest in US history lasting 20 years. until we hit the current economic trash that started in the last years of the Bush presidency straight through Obama. 2007-2016.

>Trump isn't about to be run by speechwriters

It's gonna seem like I'm trying to shill for the book here , but if you read it, you can see fragments of his speeches, as they were written by the speechwriters and as he said them for the crowds. There were no substantial differences, but he changed many things stylistically, because he knew, as opposed to the writers, how to talk to the people. In that sense he was like Trump, he knew what to say to get the people on his side. Mondale, on the other hand, was nicknamed "Mondull", paralleling the way Hillary was seen as lame and boring.