Flashpoint to be directed by writers of Spider-Man: Homecoming

polygon.com/2018/1/16/16898896/flash-movie-flashpoint-spider-man-homecoming-batman-ben-affleck

What sort of alternate universe The Room is that?

But my real name is Wallina West.

why does the flash actor look like an eleven

IT WAS ME JOHNNY. I HIT LISA.

DUDE

Fucking Flashpoint, fucking DCEU. First Flash movie should be about The Rogues, not some overrated event only there to retcon shit

At least WB is openly admitting they want their cinematic Flash to be Spider-Man.

They wasted TDKR and Death of Superman on their second film. Warner executives are morons.

Oh dear. Why don’t they just recast him. He was so horrible.

its a converient way to retcon their flops. they dont care about the characters.

Yeah, but Ezra Flash was the worst part of the DCEU.

Wasn't a waste.
TDKR as is can't work in anyway beyond a stand alone elseworld, it can't be built up to like Civil War.
They have already established Clark will never work for the military in this universe and people would have reacted to a sell out main movie universe Superman even harsher then they did with the Bvs we got.

The Death of Superman in the comics was gimmick garbage, Bvs completely improved on it by actually making it a organic part of the arc he has been going through in these films with him finally accepting this world flaws and all and giving his life to protect it and proving to the section of humanity that didn't trust him that his intent was good the whole time.

>Be DC
>First Superman movie is Death of Superman
>First Batman movie is Batman RIP
>First Flash movie is Flashpoint
>First Green Lantern movie is Parallax
>First Teen Titans movie is Titans Tomorrow

I agree with most of your core points, but I would not in any manner call any part of BvS "organic"

Are white people still upset about this?

It's not a race thing. It's the "Robin" shit from TDKR again.

Except not really

We aren't mad that they race changed MJ.
We are mad because she is ugly as fuck and MJ is suppose to be a supermodel.
Had Laura Harrier (liz) played her it would have been fine.
The other reason we are pissed is because her characterization is nothing like any version of Mary Jane that has ever existed.

No just anyone that ever picked up even the worst comic with MJ in it. I'm sure some of them are white though, since you have to make it about that.

He's a smug weirdo crowing about the power of the gays in Hollywood.

that that interview helped nobody.

She's a competent actress with good comedic ability.

I've seen much worse casting for the sake of diversity.

Least this one's a lucky draw and she's talented.

She seems pretty chill off-screen

We're visually seeing the thing that Peter only thought before actually seeing her.

Before Peter saw her he thought she's be a hound. Then, Jackpot.

So yea we'll have a period where Peter will be roped into going out with her for some reason and then she'll get all cleaned up and then. Commence Payout.

Yeah stop making white characters black so you can feel empowered. If you want a black character make one up with a good story.

But her name's Michelle. That's not Mary Jane at all.

She is literally a super model irl though. You seem to have shit taste

>its a converient way to retcon their flops.
Why the fuck would you spend an entire movie on a retcon? Did Nolan spend an entire movie to explain why George Clooney is now Christian Bale, and why Batgirl disappeared?

Comics do that shit, but this isn't comics. Comics waste one thin magazine to retcon things, but retcon things with a 100+ million dollar film is just insane.

>make one up with a good story.
So you can comment WE WUZ KANGZ in their trailers?

Im more mad at the dumb 4th wall break audience wink it was. It was really really stupid. As stupid as the "robin" line in TDKR. Saying "my friends call me MJ" to peter in the film means nothing. It has 0 weight. It's the same as when we find out Benadryl Cunthersnatch is Kahn in Star Trek Into Darkness. It has no impact on the story or the world and is only a thing for fans who have prior meta knowledge of the series. It's bad writing, it's stupid and offers nothing to increase the importance of the characters within the context of the films.

>White people
I haven't seen a single person have anything good to say about this character. She contributed nothing to the plot and was clearly just inserted to drum up clickbait controversy.

My guess is Sony suggested making MJ black as a stunt move (judging from Ghostbusters and the Emoji Movie, "if we make it shitty enough, they'll HAVE to go see it!" seems to be their new marketing strategy) and Disney decided to use one of their pop starlets.

Considering Feige's comments after the fact basically amounted to
>Haha yeah that was just like a little joke haha I mean maybe she'll come back haha but she's not really MJ, it was just us poking fun haha just making a reference, honest, haha
I feel like they were just testing the waters to see what they could get away with. Not to mention they're introducing Gwen Stacy in the sequel. Michelle is gonna fade into obscurity since it seems obvious that Disney isn't interested in playing Sony's "outrage = $$$" bullshit.

>Peter overhears Aunt May set him up with "MJ"
>Panics, ends up stalking Michelle throughout the entire movie the same way she stalked him in Homecoming
>Climax happens, Peter is off to the Formal or Prom or whatever
>"Listen Aunt May-"
>"Peter! Get dressed, your date is gonna be here any minute!"
>"Aunt May, I know about you setting me up with Michelle, and I really don't think it's gonna work out. I've had a really rough night and I'm pretty sure she hates me and-"
>"Michelle? Who's Michelle?"
>"You know, MJ?"
>"Peter, I was talking about Anna Watson's niece, Mary Jane! Here she comes now!"
>Peter answers the door
>"Face it, tiger..."
>Smash cut to credits

>"We're all incapable of shrugging off low-level bants, that's why there's no point in trying to make anything new"
Wew lad

This guy, he should get paid.

Fuck you, this is awful and god damn perfect at the same time. I love you and hate you at the same time.

How will Liberals react to this?

>It's just bantz xD
Wew

Can’t they get anyone better? Like someone who’s directed more movies than Vacation?

That's not how WB operates.

>WE

>she is ugly as fuck

Bobby u gay

Will the DChad power work on movies too?

>Hi, I'm Jimmy Olsen, younger brother of Jimmy Olsen

How does Tom Holland somehow look so much more mature and well-adjusted than Ezra Miller?

I'm still mad

Someone needs to put the DCEU out of its misery.

We could be getting great standalone movies instead of this fucking garbage.

>wanting a death of superman movie

It was garbage, Znyder improved it by just making it a really small part of the a movie.

BUT WHO WILL PLAY HER?

People complain about Justice League being a rushed mess, but it's patently obvious is was Whedon desperately trying to fix Snyder's mess by stringing together a "Let's revive Superman, he gives us hope" story, rather then another grimdark snyder shitpile with no direction whatsoever

Emma Watson

Margot Robbie

Chloe Moretz

Margot Robbie
Red hair
fulfilling shota tier mommy shit
yeah....not hot at a-all....

Do "minorities" still get upset if the main character getting attention doesn't look, act, talk, and have all the same hobbies and interests as them?

MUH RACISM.

Now imagine her saying “Face it, tiger… you just hit the jackpot!”

>its a convenient way to retcon their flops.
Flop.

oh no, not again

>rather then another grimdark snyder shitpile with no direction whatsoever

You may not like the directionif had but snyder actually aimed at something and had a plan.

Yeah right? Flashpoint doesn't even make sense because it's a story way later in Flash's existence. I swear they come up with this stuff like "HEY WHATS THE FIRST RECENT STORY THAT POPS IN YOUR HEAD WHEN WE SAY 'FLASH!'" and they do this for everything like Civil War and Totally Not Planet Hulk Guest Starring Thor.

I don't know where these people come from or why they're such morons. It baffles me. I just need to be like "look I have a business degree and actually read comics... just... give the company to me, you guys keep fucking this up. Lets make a profit and give fans what they want for once..."

Zendaya is literally a supermodel?

I actually disagree. The one thing you could say that JL achieved is that it had a place it wanted to end up, and Whedon just salvaged whatever pieces Snyder left and made the best of it to force it into a coherent story line.

Meanwhile Snyder like cool visually/cinematically stunning set pieces that are in tonally and thematically incoherent.

I couldn't give less of a shit about her skin color.
I'm mad that they made her a "lmao smartass quirky cynical social outsider xD". Just shows that Marvel knows the kind of dumbasses that watches all their movies

>I don't know where these people come from or why they're such morons. It baffles me. I just need to be like "look I have a business degree and actually read comics... just... give the company to me, you guys keep fucking this up. Lets make a profit and give fans what they want for once..."

You are a moron if you don't know why Flashpoint was chosen.

I give you a hint, one executive producer, the consultant, one WB executive, the chief at DC, the CCO of DC and the writer of flashpoint all get ROYALTIES.

Snyder never had a plan, by his interviews you can see he only film what he feels like is fun to direct.

He don't think ahead he just go "oh hey that's sounds cool, lets put it in that scene!"

>and thematically incoherent.
Bullshit, but i won't waste my time defending a movie i didnt like.

It was chosen for the following reasons;
>Just as well known as Civil War, and the only Flash story casuals know
>What if scenarios and weird time travel shit people generally like
>A chance to retcon a lot of shit and keep moving forward with this universe so they can pretend everything is alright
>Its an excuse to use Thawne, a villain who has been memed into popularity unfortunately, and is an easy "evil clone of good guy"

>the Virgin Spider-boy
>the Chad Flash-man

Bullshit.
It was Johns wanting royalties.

Why can't it be both?

Same reason Curse of shazam is the basis for the movie:

Johns pitching to the high suits.

>First Superman movie is Death of Superman
Huh?

We're talking about hypothetical bad decisions for DC adaptations

I'm honestly confused why they're continuing with the DCEU. Justice League was a legitimate flop and Affleck wants out.

Wonder Woman 2 is the only thing that really makes sense going on with, especially given JL's numbers point to the larger audience no longer giving a fuck about what they're doing with these characters.

I wish they would shift their focus to 2D/CGI instead and leave the live action shit to marvel

I still can't believe there's people who legitimately believe Marvel's movies are that much better than DC's. It's all schlock. Stick to real cinema.

it's an unspoken absolute at this point but everyone knows the reason folks stick to marvel's dreck is because most of it is trite. easy to digest action flicks that you turn your brain off to, with conventionally attractive characters and shallow plots. the long-lasting appeal is that they're all "connected" in one way or another, and that gives people the impression that they're in the know of this epic universe that branches out to other worlds where major stuff is going down. quips and one-off jokes help reinforce the samey generic charm of the characters.

DC wants a slice of the cake but they refuse to realize that their characterizations just don't work like that.

Sunk cost

t. snyderbabbies

not super model, just model. The woman is ugly and make up barely helps her

I'm a moron? Can you back any of that up with sources? Oh? So you're just making shit up on the Internet. Gotcha.

Call me when they actually come out with that as the official reason, moron.

She's 100% sticc which is ideal for model magazines. Not saying she's perfect, but she's definitely not ugly

She's Hollywood Pretty. Hollywood has a thing now where they never cast actually gorgeous women in films because then normal women get jealous. So instead they cast actresses who look like the better than average people in high school and college so women can think to themselves "Well I could look like that if I had her makeup artist."

but I'm agreeing DC is shit in its current state.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

>we
Don't do that.

I bet you actually believe that too.

>Can you back any of that up with sources?

Do you really need someone to source that?
He is talking about Geoff Johns. He is all of those things.

I'm oddly OK with this.