What is Adam Warlock's personality?

What is Adam Warlock's personality?

Elric aka Jesus but edgy

Space jesus but more edgy

This desu.

Elric a shit, desu

Kind of a dick.

Yeah, like, I'm reading the Jim Starlin run on Warlock right now and I have no clue as to his motivation, his drives, nothing. He just seems to be this blank slate that weird cosmic stuff happens to (like fighting the Universal Church of Truth and The Magus).

Cosmic autism.

He is but I think it's because he doesn't fully understand how to behave like a regular human being and he probably doesn't give a shit to understand either. It's also why he's pretty aloof about a lot of stuff yet he overacts about the weirdest shit.

I think it's also why he's Thanos' only friend, they're both fucking out there.

Haughty messianic dickhead in the original setting.
DnA Warlock drops the messianic overtones and the outward benevolence for the notion of being single-mindedly focused on the fabric of space-time being preserved.

He's overall kind of a less mopey, but far more angry and arrogant Silver Surfer a lot of the time.

>He just seems to be this blank slate that weird cosmic stuff happens to (like fighting the Universal Church of Truth and The Magus).
That's kind of his whole thing. He is an artificial cosmic being so there's some existential angst about what that means for his purpose in the universe. It's exacerbated by the fact that he's died and been resurrected several times and is frequently the pawn of greater cosmic beings.

He won't fuck Gamora.

Dramatic, self-righteous and egocentric, hotheaded in spite of being a known strategist. Childish and hysterical from time to time due to his real age and schizophrenic nature. Real dandy, as Thanos described him.

Attempts to be a stoic badass but that fails because its easy to piss him off. Its hilarious.

Surfer is stoic too but easily expresses his emotions with people he is close with. A much more emotionally stable adam warlock..

Questioning. Easily triggered (granted, tho, he faces some super-shitty people).

Kismet is more of the man, than he is.

Beat me to it.
Created by a bunch of old autistic scientists to be the ultimate autist.

Shit, I remembered she was in GOTG2. You think they'll retcon the comics version to be like the movie one?

You had to be there in the 70's my dude. That's pretty much exactly how the country felt after Vietnam, Watergate, JFK and MLK's deaths, the death of the 60's, etc.

>You had to be there
Fancy way of saying something doesn't hold up.

Ok or you just have shitty taste and no appreciation for the context in which art is created.

Without being to ironic, that would actually explain a lot.

I mean, I've also read the Stan Lee/John Buscema run on Silver Surfer and I get his motivation and personality (he's a home sick, cosmic philosopher who is full of a mixture of loathing and curiosity for the human race). When Surfer runs into villains like Mephisto, you can understand the motivations of both characters.

I will say, these issues of Warlock are much more advanced than the usual stuff from Marvel at the same time. And (other than Jack Kirby's Fourth World) years in advanced of DC.

Can you storytime?

Hopefully not. I love the way she was in comics, being a slightly crazy, spontaneous goddess with some kind of biological predicat. The movie one was beautiful in it's own way, though she had much more resemblance with Matriarch, than with Kismet.

It costs 6600 crystals, I can tell you that much.

Buy the Warlock by Jim Starlin and Captain Marvel by Jim Starlin trades Marvel put out in the last few years. These are ESSENTIAL comics.

Warlock becomes more understandable once you realise, that he is a projection of Starlin's catholic experience. Meant-to-be-martyr, who is actually an angsty schizophrenic with no tendency to learn on his own mistakes and/or deal with humanity problems.

Adam Warlock is a child born into an adult body that is constantly thrust into positions of heroism. He is neither good nor evil and is inherently selfish on the inside. He has an interesting duality to him in that he is both the Magnus and the Goddess in equal measure. Sometimes he plays the villain and other times the hero. The side of the coin he ends up on is relative to his own self interest in that moment.

He's a shitty charcter.

Says who?

This.