Ho do they justify him being alive for so long if he survived the holocaust...

Ho do they justify him being alive for so long if he survived the holocaust? Mutant Gene make him live longer or something?

I kind of assumed the meta gene of all superheroes, mutant or otherwise, in addition to granting specific powers, also increases their general health and longevity beyond that of average humans. So, they all probably live longer naturally than they're supposed to.Plus Magneto has been de-aged a few times, hasn't he?

He's been de-aged a couple times.
He also messes with genetic engineering on occasion, too.

A lot of mutants carry a secondary ability, just look at Emma Frost. There's a good chance his is a longer lifespan

a good question that interests me greatly. since him being a holocaust survior is so pivitol to his character, it makes me wonder if we'll soon see a magneto origin with some other real world tragedy as his back story. i dont think in 10 more years it will be acceptable to keep hammering the same origin down. we have a wealthof content with that as ahis backstory and im sure writiers can come up with somethng new that i hope can be even better. a fictitious tragedy could work, but i feel like it has to be real or at least draw parallels from the real world to be comparableto the best xmen stories.

S L I D I N G T I M E S C A L E
It's how Peter Parker has only aged about ten years since the 60's

You say that as if holocaust happened.
>captcha ss184 banca

You can't really do Magneto without The Holocaust.
Except a sliding timescale doesnt fucking work when a character is tied to a pivotal moment in history. You can say Magneto ages slow no problem given his mutation, but for Frank Castle you can't call him a Vietnam Vet anymore

>i dont think in 10 more years it will be acceptable to keep hammering the same origin down.
Why not? We still have the same time frame for Spider-Man being a kid and seemingly eternally in his late 20s without aging past that

there are other examples in human history of people being systematically executed based on a life they had no control but to be born into.

Pretty sure a lot of them pale in comparison to the holocaust though, user. Besides, Magneto's jewish, and the point was him failing to see himself turning into another Hitler.

i know the holocaust is the strongest backstory there can be, but it cant be preserved without sci fi mumbo jumbo like de aging or mutant long life genes taking away the realism JUST so we can all agree he was prosicuted as a child. there has to be a better solution that hasnt been tried yet. if we wannastick with rela world stuff, hitler is just a stand in for any other dictator, so another genocide could work.

He was de-aged after Fatal Attractions.

He should actually look younger than most artists draw him.

user you do realize the mutant gene is perhaps the most bullshit excuse to obtain powers in fiction, right? Realism already flew out the fucking window with Angel. There's nothing wrong with his origin, or having slow aging be his secondary mutation. You're trying to fix something that isnt broken

But like that other user said, Spider Man isn't really tied to any historical events. His origin is being bitten by a radioactive spider, which I think will work better as time goes on. But that can take place at any point in time.

I'm not excusing it user.
Shit is a stupid mechanic designed to keep the same old shit churning out, because the majority of people enjoy the same old story over and over again.
That's why half our movies are remakes now, people don't want a challenge or anything new just the same old shit.

Movies have been remakes and sequels since there were movies.

cant wait till 2144 when a new xmen comic run starts and magneto is still a holocaust survivor :^)

No one said it was a story that needed to be retold over and over and over again, its his fucking origin. The trick is create new Magneto stories in the modern day, when he's already Magneto.

And Captain America will still be a soldier from WWII who was frozen, big deal

>and the point was him failing to see himself turning into another Hitler.
He's more like... Malcom X, I think?

>but for Frank Castle you can't call him a Vietnam Vet anymore
Well, he is. So is Flash Thompson.

He got turned into a baby back in the 70's.

He's been reborn/refreshed a couple of times. First by being turned into a baby by Humus Sapien and then later, around the time of Uncanny #500, getting rejuvenated to his physical prime by the High Evolutionary. Kind of like how Xavier's various deaths, rebirths and clone bodies means that he's still a Korean War vet IIRC.

As others have said he's not old, he's been deaged at least twice. Once in a weird Defenders story and another by The High Evolutionary. He's described as " in his prime" he just has white hair.

There was also Joseph a 20 something clone of Magneto that joined the X-men in the 90's who was originally planned to be the real Magneto, but it was the 90's so dropped plot lines galore.

For that matter Xavier also was not in his original body, the Shi'ar grew him a new one after he was the host to a Brood Queen right after Dark Phoenix Saga. Which is the reason ,one of the times, he was able to walk again.

True there have always been remakes and sequels, but boy have we seen a lot of remakes the last 5 years.

I'm sure they can find some bullshit way for him to control the iron in his body to keep from aging.

The big movies keep getting more expensive and less and less people go to theaters. So Studios go with the " sure thing" of putting out an IP people already know and like.

Streaming services are going to kill movie theaters just like they killed brick and mortar rental stores. I can't wait for the day I can just pay to stream all new movies on demand instead of going to a theater.

>Mutant Gene make him live longer or something?

X-tra lifespan

I hate going to theaters and only maybe go to one movie a year if that.
I'm with you there user.
Largely I think it's a pretty worthless medium, give me a good comic any day.

>So Studios go with the " sure thing" of ruining out an IP people already knew and liked.
ftfy, as it is now.

Streaming movies the day of release is dumb. I like going to the theater to see a giant screen and nice sound system, I don't want to watch million dollar blockbusters on my cellphone while taking a shit because i'm too lazy the leave the house.

Moviepass is the best solution to combat streaming, you can go to the theater as many times as you want a month for the price of a single movie ticket. I see a dozen movies a month and costs me less than $1 per movie.

He's been deaged like 3 times, and that's the only ones I personally know of and I stopped reading X-Men in the mid 90's.

Yeah if you like going to shitty crowded theaters that's great, but some of us don't want to be surrounded by literal human garbage and would like to maybe watch at home.
Times are a-changing user.

>, but for Frank Castle you can't call him a Vietnam Vet anymore
Yeah, you can. Frank got deaged too, Rucka just ignored it and made him a Gulf War vet anyway.

it's literally the plot of the best selling comic book of all time

Was Xavier always bold? Is it part of his mutation? How does he get so much pussy being a ugly cripple bold guy?

>if you like going to shitty crowded theaters
what kind shitty of theaters you go? Mine are perfectly clean, and even with release date set on a weekend not all that full, hell at most it was at 70%.

I live in a major City user, they are all crowded besides the weird ass ones that only edgy hipsters visit.
And I'm using hyperbole a bit, but the point is that not everyone enjoys the theater experience like you do, and soon enough there will be an alternative

he went bald in his teens as a result of his mutation and women love POWWWWWWWWWWEEEEERRRRR AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH