What's Sup Forums's opinion on euthanasia? Should controlled mercy killing be allowed...

What's Sup Forums's opinion on euthanasia? Should controlled mercy killing be allowed? Is it amoral to take someone's life to end that person's horrible suffering?

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/news/1999/12/22/national/jco-worker-succumbs-after-83-days/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the red pill about this guy is the japs wanted to know the effects of radiation in a human body

Yes it's ok if they are in a vegetative state or if they say they want to be killed.

in cases like pic related, where the person is doomed, I would support it.

No. Billions of dollars are wasted on vegetables who will inevitably kick the bucket. It's a crime to keep people "alive" like that.

There's literally nothing wrong with suicide. I don't even know why it's illegal to be honest.

The thing was they didn't need to kill that guy. They just had to stop treating him and he would have died on his own.

If the person can consent to it then there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Not particularly comfortable with doctors deciding to euthanize people against their will, though.

at the very least we should support letting people die naturally when they're obviously never going to recover, as opposed to artificially keeping someone alive as a medical experiment, like the OP pic

who is this and what happened to him?

Just so you know: that dude was in a induced coma the entire time.

Some people should be allowed to kill themselves, if the situation permits it.

>Some people should be allowed to kill themselves
>allowed

Good fucking luck keeping people from killing themselves if they really want to.

I believe it was a nuclear accident.

IIRC, criticality accident. He got a stupid dose of radiation, and they kept him alive in extreme pain as he more or less melted to study the effects of radiation on the human body.

he was kept alive against his will after severe radiation poising, he slowly rotted alive for months.

Not for emotional pain, and only if patient will die quickly regardless

found it, google hiroshi ouchi.

At first, Ouchi came into the hospital with just some puffy redness to his skin. Ouchi's chromosomes had been hit by a direct blast of radiation and were a jumbled mess. Without this vital blueprint, his cells would no longer be able to regenerate. The first real problem doctors noticed was a drastic decrease in white blood cells. Day 6, he was placed into a sterile (bubble) room. The doctors determined that the only way to improve Ouchi's condition would be to give him a transplant of cells that would generate white blood cells. Day 7, Ouchi receives a transplant from his sister (a match). The doctor would meet with the family every day to candidly discuss his condition. Signs of radiation sickness were beginning to show up on the surface of Ouchi's body. A nurse recalls how at first, they were able to use tape on his body, but soon when they'd go to remove the tape, skin would come off with it. Ultimately, there was nowhere left where tape could be used. When his skin started to slough off from the top down, no new cells could be formed to repair the skin. His breathing started to get erratic. (At this point, they show a nurse's written record of Ouchi and he's saying, "No more" "I'm going home" "Please stop" "Mom") Day 11, to help him breathe, Ouchi is hooked up to a ventilator. This meant he'd no longer be able to speak to his family. The family (wife, son, parents, and siblings) visited him every day.

Day 18, the transfusion from his sister seems to have worked, and Ouchi's white blood cell count returns to healthy levels. A week later, abnormalities are found in his blood. It seemed that the radiation in Ouchi's body had damaged the chromosomes in the cells that he received from his sister. Day 27, problems beyond the skin and blood: (They show video of his intestines. The membranes are deteriorating.) He begins experiencing excessive diarrhea. 3 weeks after the diarrhea starts, the intestines start to hemorrhage (another video of his intestines, this time with blood.) He was given lots of blood transfusions, as many as 10 times in 12 hours. To help his circulation and put less pressure on his skin, Ouchi is moved to a special rotating bed. The places where he'd lost skin were seeping blood and fluids. He had to be wrapped almost completely in gauze. A nurse recalls how there was so much fluid leaking that it'd take half a day just to deal with the gauze, and how painful it must have been for Ouchi, although they gave him lots of medicine to sleep. His wife recalls how he bled out of his eyes, as if he was crying blood. He was losing 10 liters of fluid a day through his skin and intestines.

Any stupid nigger mong fucker dumb the fuck enough to want assisted suicide shoud sign the paper then be slowly tortured to death over a month because thats what it fuckign said on the paper and they signed it and cant stop now hahahaha nad they would look like the picture in OP but sitll have 2 weeks to live and be dripped all ove rwith acide and fucking TORTURED

In order to curb the loss of fluid through the skin, doctors began daily skin transplants with special "bio skin." (At this point, his skin was pretty much gone.) Unfortunately, the bio skin wouldn't adhere to his body. A doctor explains that all the doctors probably knew that Ouchi's chances of survival were low, but nobody dared say so out loud. Vocalizing any doubt could have led everyone to start questioning what they were doing and for who. A visibly traumatized nurse recounts how Ouchi continued to deteriorate and was hooked up to a machine, and in her losing battle to keep him alive, she wondered, "What am I doing this for?" She had to remind herself that she was doing it for Ouchi. 2 months after the accident, as Ouchi goes through a continuous process of hemorrhaging and blood transfusions, his heart continues to work hard to pump blood through his body, averaging over 120 beats per minute. The strain on his heart is similar to someone who is running a marathon. Day 59, suddenly, Ouchi's heart stops. As the medical staff works to revive him, his heart starts and stops three times. After an hour, Ouchi's heart begins beating on its own again. The traumatized nurse recounts that she was relieved when his heart started beating again, "but..." (implying conflicted feelings.) Having his heart stop for an hour affected his brain, kidneys, etc. and his condition quickly declined. His body was essentially being kept alive by machines and medicine.

The head doctor admits to debating whether or not to continue treating Ouchi, but says that the family didn't want to give up hope until the very end, and that kept the doctors going. The family was still visiting Ouchi and encouraging him to fight on. Day 65, more problems with the blood. (I don't understand the explanation exactly, but his white blood cells were being attacked and decreasing in numbers again.) Day 81, the head doctor sits down with the family and suggests that if Ouchi's heart stops again, they should let him go. The next day, the wife visits Ouchi and expresses her desire for him to survive through the new year. Day 83, the young son visits and encourages his father to keep fighting. That night, Ouchi died. They show pictures of his muscle tissue and explain that all of his muscles were destroyed except for one: his heart.

It's hard to really blame them. Doctors working in these kind of fields where they deal with hopeless patients tend to be psychopaths incapable of feeling empathy. They had a perfect opportunity to document the effects of radiations with what was at the time latest cutting edge medicine and had the chance to try out lot of experimental shit and see how it goes. I'm not defending them, but when looking at the big picture it hard to really call them monsters.

On the same subject there is alot of more or less similar cases that happened during nazi germany and then USSR. It's just that at the time science and information technology wasn't as advanced and most of it is lost anyway.

What striked me though is that at one point one of the nurses couldn't take it and asked "why?". When professional trained people who deal with gore, suffering and all around terrible shit on daily basis start breaking down, you know something is going wrong. I bet that nurse still sees the man's disfigured face everytime she closes her eyes. Truly nightmare fuel.

Yep, he asked them to kill him, then slipped into a coma. He was pumped with so much morphine he really was conscious for most of the ordeal. But what was it like fucking 40 days of that shit? Fucking horrendous.

I guess he got an... ouchie.

Fuck off, Carlos

This picture is not of Ouchi, Ouchi never had his right leg amputated. I've been trying to figure out if even the Ouchi story is true but there is very little information about it besides a single story and that picture. One would think that getting a person to live 80 days in acute radiation poisoning would be a very widely documented and discussed event. Yet there is nothing to be found on the internet more than some stories written with very little medical information. Try to find more about this guy, you can't.

As in he got nuked and they kept him alive to see what radiation would do to him long term?

Are you ok? Seems like you're a bit angry fella

This.
Also we should promote euthanasia for HIV infected and other cases when disease is deadly, incurable and contagious.

Ive seen lots of gore and disgusting pictures and videos over the years, but that bottom left photo made me gag. fucking horrible what they did to him

I'm seeing him refered to as Hisashi Ouchi and Hiroshi Ouchi.

Great! I love Euthanasia, trust me! I have many many many Euthanasian friends and I do alot of business in Euthanasian countries. Love the Euthanasians. Believe me!

Its true. There is a book about it called. "A Slow Death: 83 Days of Radiation Sickness"

The picture might not be right, but I have no trouble finding news about him.

japantimes.co.jp/news/1999/12/22/national/jco-worker-succumbs-after-83-days/

yeah. like in the future they would stuff yout organs in a machine and decapitate you to keep you alive for 2 more weeks

>japantimes.co.jp/news/1999/12/22/national/jco-worker-succumbs-after-83-days/
There are news articles about it but I just wish there was something wholesome like a wiki page on him to explain in depth how they fought acute radiation poisoning to 83 days.

Well I mean your first clue should be that his name Hiroshi (HIROSHIMA?) Ouchi (OUCHY?) is obviously a joke.

underrated

The database I have access to through my university finds dozens of (relevant) scientific works about this nuclear incident and the aftermath involving this Hisashi Ouchi.

It's Terrific!

I'd be interested in what's out there on him, google gives absolute crap

And I think, you know what I want to do is, we've got to have a better relationship with Euthanasians. The potential profitability and mutual benefit for our people is yuge. So we need to go in big league. And we're going to do that. My son, he's 10 years old and he's very into the Euthanasia. He's so smart. He plays with a Euthanasian next door all the time. Believe me.