America #11 storytime

Another episode of modern classic

Other urls found in this thread:

blacknerdproblems.com/we-interview-writer-gabby-rivera-and-talk-america-chavez-wrasslin-and-queer-latinas-flourishing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh shit, is this white guy a spy of alt-right?

Good thing David can speak like a racial stereotype too

>less than /I/ did
>she spoke all the fucking time

>I set up a surveillance system
And you're going to jail.

FACT CHECKING IS AGAINST THE RULES, AMIGX

How long till the writer goes on a tirade against a certain race or religion or whoever

>surveillance is dangerous and can lead to abuses of power
>but it is ok when i do it

I mean, the racists were jerks but they had a point. From their perspective, America was a lying rule-breaker who put their safety in jeopardy.

>"Get rid of surveillance!"
This is a horrible fucking idea. Hell, Exterminatrix's evil plan provided the students with more safety and security than this. David even pointed out how he was able to help with surveillance.

Also, X'andria lost weight, nice. But I liked her better when she was a fatass.

Watching the art slowly degrade with each page is amusing.

Is the red head going to be her new cum dump?

All these sequences where she goes on spiritual journeys with Granny Enchilada to discover her true potential feel like they were written on fanfiction.net by a kid who just found her parents' Promethea collection.

She's gone on a few tirades over white white people, though she's just been keeping her insults to small tweets lately.

>that face in the bottom left
Jezus Christ what the fuck

>Any obstacles I’ve faced with the comic have been from people’s prejudices. Their racism and sexism and long-winded but short-sighted Twitter fingers.
Reminder that only racists and sexists hate this book. Don't be in that camp, anons. Embrace that queerness and Latinidad.
blacknerdproblems.com/we-interview-writer-gabby-rivera-and-talk-america-chavez-wrasslin-and-queer-latinas-flourishing/

>Implying anyone who reads this book actually hates it when it's one of the most entertaining trainwrecks to come out of the Big 2 in forever

I bet you hate Marville and Girls too.

Is it me or did the art change here?

>The mystical house in an alien dimension is a shitty pseudo ranch style barrio blaster
Of course it is.
Fuck.

It's the last one, right?

Isn't the writer super racist

It'd be funny if America cheats on Magdalena with her. Gabby already ruined one relationship to make America get with an OC, and you can't get worse than Magdalena.

Speaking of ships, does anyone think that Madrimar and that one chupacabra biting her would be a good couple?

You're missing the best thing about this page. There is no one else shown living there, that means that those sick wheels on panel two belong to the grandma.

>What the hell just happened?
I don't know. So many things are happening off-panel, and we're just seeing the aftermath of them. This issue is hard to follow.

I wish the comic was about Madrimar than America. She is far more charismatic and Gabbie doesn’t go full retard when writing her. Plus it would be neat to have a old superhero.

>Fuertonitas
>Not fuertonitx
Shame

This book is like having a mentally retarded cousin: they're weird and the people who made them are overprotective, but you love them anyway.

>America is a slut
Huh, just like real lesbians.
Well played gabby.

>I'm learning about the revolutionary history of my own people. And it's everything to me.

When white people feel any kind of cultural connection it's racism, meanwhile this whole book is about America finding her identity with 'her own people' who just happens to represent the author's ethnicity.

If this was about a white person Marvel would never publish it.

This. How the hell has she even been published at all ? Diversity pandering is lowering the bar to absurd levels.

So how do the gender politics work in Gabby's head? Because she's one of those people that uses "Latinx" and yet she calls everything "Planeta" "Fuertona" all these feminine Nouns.
It's not just that she's a hack, it's that she's an inconsistent one.

Who punched out her teeth?

>So this is portal power... Uh, not bad.

>YOU ARE THE LAST OF YOUR PEOPLE.
>11 issues later
>OKAY THERE'S LIKE MAYBE A FEW MORE. AND YOU'RE ALL SPACE LATINO. AND YOU FIGHT PINK INSECTS THAT DON'T REPRESENT ANYTHING.

>Speaking of ships, does anyone think that Madrimar and that one chupacabra biting her would be a good couple?
Yeah, they look cute together

This art looks better.

I fucking cant man i fucking cant.... like this shit man. im 27 and what is this shit!? no one dresses like this, and her black friend is clearly just a self insert for the artist, her anatomy is good but shes cheating by making everyone pudgy so less of her shit takes timeand effort , the fuck is all this shit about LA revolution? what is this crapsack!! I just want her to go back to young avengers or just go on hiatus until they get a better comic for america

>cute design wasted on an America rando
JUST

Who gives a shit, she's one of those people who pointlessly engages in radical politics because she's not smart enough to form her own opinions.

>AND YOU FIGHT PINK INSECTS THAT DON'T REPRESENT ANYTHING
Lol.
After the crystals and portals all opening up like vagoos you know the evil legion dimension is going to have phallic shaped everything just ramming everywhere.

>OPEN PORTALS
>NO CURFEWS

when they find out they can eat ice cream for breakfast they're going to trip

I am willing to put down cash that the pink things merge into a giant dick and America and The New America have to turn into the giant space lesbians to soothe it again.

It looks like he's dicking her from behind.

I liked Prodigy much better when his motivation was just trying to get inside Speed's pants.

Well this was awful as usual, but with the added awfulness of Gabby trying to crap all her dumb ideas out in the last two issues.

And of course, we introduce another lesbian.

I think the difference is that white history and cultural roots are better documented and recorded while brown people's history is more obscure and some of them cry historical erasure. She's looking for a specific history of a specific people, just like celebrating Celtic, Greek, Nordic, etc pride/history isn't seen as racist.

The sheer amount of leftist sjw bullshit leaves me sickened. Seriously how is this garbage in print? It's not even trying to do anything but bash anyone and everyone who isn't a foaming at the mouth antifa supporter. The first few were funny because they were so bad but this isn't even that anymore.

I missed the last issue, could someone give me a quick rundown?

In summary it sucked.

The book is ending, so the fists turn into hams.

But can this issue save the book?

Is she calling her "my life"?

Exterminatrix's big plan was to make an army of America robots.

Prodigy called on the school to fight back. He was then met by the six racist white people that also chose to attend Sotomayor University.
He was then saved by two fat lesbian robots. America then did the thing where she channeled so much of her power into a generator it exploded, killed all the America robots and Exterminatrix' plan to start an army at a progressive college failed.

America then decided she had to back to her home planet. But she did not die on the way.

>the star on her chest shrinks significantly between panels
Powerful.

What do lesbians usually bring on a second date?
A U-haul

Is this the last one?

I’ll be honest here, America looks /fa/ as fuck in this page, holy shit.

Actually yeah gabby totally has, she once said the "threat level was real" or something like that around cis white dudes.

I can't remember the last time i got so angry, honestly. The fact that someone can be making a book lie this and then preach something like THAT is... Something else.

The Mein Kampf of comics

>Red Haze all up in my brain

>I can't remember the last time i got so angry, honestly.

people like you either have really easy lives or fucked up priorities

it's a shitty comic, laugh at it and move the fuck on

What the fuck is that bitch wearing?

Did she fuck the prof????

The comic is just a shitty comic. Life problems are life problems, but making a work like this preaching diversity and togetherness and all that shit and then saying just being around regular white men makes you feel threatened like people are going to agree with you and be like "oh i totally know that feeling" is like... Fuck you. People like that who think they're a conscientious revolutionary but are just the other side of the fucking coin are a particular nerve for me.

Jesus, they hooked up view master girl with the second worst character in the book.

I'd hug her

I'm kinda curious if anyone writers or artists that work for Marvel has interacted with her on Twitter. Hopefully, they have enough common sense for once not to do that.

Holy shit your victim complex is showing. Poor you.

I suspect this is the issue when G.Rivera fully realized that people correctly revile her awful ideology and she thought fuck it I'm all in on the race bait.

>Planeta Fuertona

Her planet's name literally is Planet Stronk.

David was never my favourite character but they have ruined him over time trying to make him their mouthpiece.

>Selena reference

Why.

No that's pretty typical for this book 2-3 artists an issue. If it's not Quinones or villalobos.

The fact that this is issue 11 and there's been no less than 6 artists working on it is baffling.

>"I set up a surveillance system!"
>"no more surveillance systems!"

That big face in the bottom left is more of a "Bitch, please." look than a"I'm so sorry" look.

WHAT ARE THOSE PANTS?!

>some of you are racist and needed to get stomped

Violence is okay if we say so!

It's Rihanna.

Enjoy.

I could easily have just been unobservant, but has she had starlights on her wrists this whole time?

Boy she sure is expressing worry for her grandmother with that kinda upset looking pose in panel one.