Storytime

Doctor Strange #384

Just read it. What a fucking ride this arc has been.

Also came to the concluson that there's not a decent woman in Marvel excluding Black Widow and Milla Donovan. I don't want to come across a retard from Sup Forums, but if they look like a minority in the comic, they're probably gonna be trouble.

I'm calling you out Loki

The Scarlet witch is ok

That gypsie is a mass murderer. If she was a guy, she'd be Hank Pym'd to death.

The magic went right to his beard

Is he Jesus now?

I thought that was retconned?

In Young Avengers 2.
It was retarded then and it's retarded now. She fuckin' did it and no amount of retarded retconnery can change that.

the more we ignore everything Bendis has ever done, the better

he put it on layaway loki

She did it based on a big plothole in the first place. And, actually that stupidity has sticked almost as badly as Pym's slap, so I'm not even sure what you're complaining about.

The X-Men stories following that were some of the best ever. You don't get to have a hero kill almost every mutant and get away with it, but Marvel want you to let it happen anyway. Spider-Man still killed his unborn child too.

You can't just throw the sentry at all of your problems, or can you?

this seems like a bad idea on several levels

>The X-Men stories following that were some of the best ever
yeah, because Bendis didn't write them.

Wait, so Sentry is alive again?

I don't like this woman

Go home, Stephen. You're drunk on magic.

Speaking of stuff-that-might-have-not-been-followed-up-on, did anything ever happen with Dr. Strange selling his soul?

Yep. Strange woke him up in rob, they attacked Asgard, and got magic from the world tree.

Why is it that when mutants in x-books cause wholesale slaughter and murder, x-fags are quick to leap to their defense but hen a non x-character causes the deaths of some mutants they start frtothing at the mouth?

Oh, hey. Cates remembered that he is a frost giant and thus stronger than normal people without magic.

Honestly I think the first shot should have killed you strange.
Loki using his god of stories powers to take a shot at Cates.

How many mutants actually died because of house of m? The few that I remember were either in the middle of using their powers somewhere dangerous, or tried to use their powers after being repowered because the mutant community is full of retards that needed a good culling.

he might not have, since Asgardians are also stronger than normal humans

She's so annoying

clean up your texture overlays jesus christ.

Personally I prefer the idea of magic having a price being more related to mana usage and how dumb the user is.

For example a mage uses a summoning spell, but due to lacking proper knowledge they summon a demon who proceeds to rip them to shreds. But that's just me.

This is still interesting though.

This price shit has to be the worst thing added to the doctor strange mythos, it makes zero fucking sense. How do they explain away all of the insane shit that he was doing back in the old days?

literally in this issue, the Disciples of Strange

Thank God I am not the only one bothered by this. Take some time in photoshop already. You are a major comic company.

well shit

This seems to have happened multiple times. In Hickman's run, the world ended so basically nothing happened of consequence.

that is the poin of this story that strange is an asshole who is willing to do anything including all the shit done so far to get his title back. whether that is good or bad I think is probably up to Cates, but previously Bendis and Hickman portrayed it largely as a negative thing.

its the void isn't it

what the FUCK Stephen

No one does.

ding ding, can't have the peanut better without his jelly.

lolSecretWars

Wut?
I'm going to need a minuet or even a day to f8uly process this and how this breaks continuity.

Can we talk about how great this reveal is? It explains why Stephen was so casual with using Bob against Asgard and makes previous issues better.

IIRC it turned they didn't want his soul because he had so thoroughly compromised himself.

Didn't they fire his ass the last time because he pulled some shit like this with Zom?

FUuuuck this run is good.

Oh yes. It's the same point except he had a good excuse then. Now he doesn't and he still does it, which I think is to show the inherently that he is the type of person he was from the beginning when he went to the Ancient One to have his hands fixed.

Great issue but what the fuck, Stephen is being a cunt
I'm rooting for Loki here

Oh nooo... this is not going to pan out well for anyone.

Oh no he's transforming into Alan Moore

Actually, the Sentry was brought back several years ago by Warren Worthington's time-traveling kids from the future. They used one of the death seeds which made Apocalypse what he was to restore the Sentry, and also remake him in Apocalypse's image. We saw him leaving the solar system hauling the corpse of a dead Celestial a year or so before Secret Wars.

If I had to guess, Strange found some way to purge him of that death seed and restore him to a more pristine state.

Strange never actually sold his soul in Hickvengers. He tried to, but they wouldn't accept it because he barely had a soul left.

It's easy to be the better man when you're the most powerful person in the room. Anytime he's backed into a corner that magic or his own skills can't get him out of, he turns to some bad shit.

The worst part is, whatever Loki needed the spell he thought was in there is still out there

it's in the girl

Is her pussy really worth all this trouble?

it's so tight man!!

But mostly it's about the dead dog

To be fair, Loki demanded that he open the door. It's just that Loki thought the door was where the spell he was looking for was hidden, rather than a prison for The Void.

He doesn't really care about her as a person. He grafted the Magic Nuke to her soul as a convenient place to hide it, but now that Loki is getting it on with her, Loki might realise that that's where the spell is hidden.

Stephen could've easily said "The Void is in there, so I'm not going to do that."

but instead he had to be a petty jealous cunt

I love Loki, he's so funny.

Loki killed Stephen's dog and beat him up with barely any provocation

This book is basically asshole wizard vs Asshole wizard

this is such a fucking boss design.

Loki held the dog in a levitation spell so that it couldn't hurt itself attacking a god

It's not his fault that the dog gave itself a heart attack fighting against the spell.

I love how he transformed into it like Blake used to become Thor

it was an old sick beagle, casting any kind of magic on it was overkill, it's not like he was hanging aroun a rottweiler

Strange has already been fired, that's why Loki is the Sorcerer Supreme right now.
But yeah, if he was still working for the Vishanti he'd be 100% fired.

I like Cates so far but the asgardian magic is nullified by a spell casted by an amateur. It's fucking retarded. Like Thanos defeating the Living Tribunal and Strange not recognizing the Odin's brother.
Come on, Cates.

I'm annoyed because I don't know how the fight between the asgardians and sentry ended.

It was just a distraction as Strange petitioned Yggdrasil for power

Once he got the power up they could both just leave

I've just finished reading.

I'm so deeply offended by the character assassination Strange just endured, I can't bring myself to feel angry. I'm just upset they turned the motherfucking SORCEROR SUPREME into-

-SOMEONE WHO WOULD WAKE UP THE FUCKING VOID OVER A PETTY GRUDGE

Sands of Nishanti nullifies ALL magic, regardless of source, and regardless of who's casting it

No.

NO, we are NOT going to talk about how it would be appropriate for someone previously established to be the foremost advocate of responsibly using magic, to suddenly unleash A THING THAT ALMOST ENDED THE WORLD in order to stop a thing that MIGHT end the world AND HASN'T YET, and is only more likely to because of Strange's revengeance bullshit.

Amazingly enough Loki is not the God of Knowledge, he had no way of knowing that dog had a weak heart. And for that matter Strange had no business not arranging an appropriate enchantment and caregiver instead of taking a sick dog with him to INTERROGATE A GOD.

As someone currently frothing with hate at the current progression of events, I'm actually not mad at all by that particular thing because 1. it's an amateur who's been squatting in Strange's reposistory of lore, which is like a hillbilly with a bazooka, 2. as pointed out it's an established whammy of a counterspell and 3. if Agent of Asgard taught me anything, it's that Asgardian magic is a lot weirder that binding someone with energy chains. For all we know, she only THINKS she's completely dispelled all possible magic at Loki's disposal.

It's obviously some illusion Strange has set up.

I think user is also mad that it nullified Strange's Yggdrassil boost, not just Loki's tricks

Is anyone interested in the event next month?

Well, Strange did describe the boost as making him into a god of magic. On the one hand, I just took it very literally because it seemed logical. He's a novice when it comes to being an actual deity and figuring out hwat they can do. On the OTHER hand, if we're supposed to ALSO take Strange saying he now has more power than EVER BEFORE...

...yeah alright, I can see why that's an issue.

At this point I'm just reading for morbid fascination at what kind of decisionmaking process is being attributed to Strange here. This is worse than Whor in some ways, because at least Whor isn't purposefully seeking the MOST retarded solution to a given problem. And I don't even like Whor.

>He's a novice when it comes to being an actual deity and figuring out hwat they can do.

That's not true, he's been there and done that a couple of times.

But wouldn't the asgardians try to get the power back from strange?

How can this chick simultaneously shut down the sorcerer supreme and a god of magic? Is she like the embodiment of the Vishanti or feminism?

>Stephen just woke up the Fucking Void over an unfathomable petty grudge
Stephen, what the actual, sweet FUCK are you doing?

No, he didn't.

That Strange died on Battleworld. This is All-New All-Different Strange.
Which wouldn't mean a thing for most, but for the Sorcerer Supreme actually not really being himself but another self might be a thing.

Especially because All New All Different 616 seems even more narrative-centric than before.

No, she did use a very specific extremely powerful magic item.

Walta's on strange now huh, how's this run been?

Glad Strange has my opinion of the Void in that he's all talk bullshit

see

Apart from what the other user said, I was thinking Asgardians specifically.

Visually I have little to complain about. But the entire narrative revolves around Strange making the stupidest possible decisions in response to the Vishanti firing him for gross negligence.

I was until I saw the list of tie-ins, and realized that they were lying when it was announced as a simple 5 issue thing.