Storytime

Champions #16
Who wants to join the premier hero team?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/marvel-layoffs-the-cheapskate-is-coming-from-inside-the-house-of-ideas/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>living as a human
Is that really living?

Remember when this series first started and the talkback threads were crazy? People going on like his was the worst series ever and was contributing to the moral decay of America and the whole developed world? People were lookin forward to this book every month so they could bash it.

And then America showed up... and this book simply exists with no comment now.

How times change.

flavor of the month hate. Before Champions it was squirrel girl.

Looking at the thumbnail, I thought this was someone hurling.

And he has exactly 30 days to find a new name before Sam files a lawsuit

Those were fun times. But at some point hate turns to apathy.

What?

big locus tits have joined the game

???

YASS #nerdsofcolor UNITE

>black teenager interested in playing with guns
kek

I... I just don’t know what to say. Is that how the writer thinks “smart” people talk? Does he think that’s some ultra hard math?

Lol. The Andale speech bubble is pointing to the wrong character.

Why is robot viv such a humongous cunt?

Holy shit is Viv going to kill human Viv?

Just what kind of brainwaves has that robot madman put in there?
“I will find a way to please him”, really?!

Is there something you confused about?

>Refugees

That's a step further for drivel.

Please remember to immigrate legally!

>actually vocalizing "BTW"
Is this a thing people do or is this just Waid things?

Why is Red Locust punching Patriot, and where the fuck did she come from and so on.

Yea see this is where Vision fucked up. He used a backup drive of Virginia to "re-create". Problem is, if it's a backup drive, chances are that it was from after the point that she started to break down mentally compared to how the original Viv is from the combination of his own and Virginia's mind when they were fresh. So it's essentially like trying to restore a computer to its former status from corrupted files

Makes sense. Wow it's getting interesting too bad I have to sit through Kamala and the other Champions bullshit to get to the interesting parts.

He accidentally put in Virginia's brain waves. She is going to phase out of her clothes next

Wait, didn't Ms Marvel meet Spider-Gwen at one point?

Because it's shit but it's usually trite shit. And as you said the real master showed up and stole all of its shitty book thunder.

At first I thought it was a reference to Johnny Quick's old "3X2 (9YZ) 4A” speed formula. That might've been a cool little nerdfest moment.

Then I saw it was Waid being a writing hack.

I'll allow this, Cho Hulk has been decidedly non-intelligent in Champions so far, I might grant Waid some slack if the rationale is that Cho has been holding back among his normie friends but can cut loose when hanging out with another genius. I see it all the time in elementary school where the smart kids dumb themselves down to fit in.

I can't believe Nova is fucking dead

Lunella doesn't have DD any more, though. She went back in time so he could live a normal life and save Moon Boy.

everything with marvel in one image

*everything wrong, fuck this legacy characters

It's funny that a terrible book can lose its ironic readership if an even more terrible book appears.

This is why people are half serious when they say Marvel has no editors.

>where the fuck did she come from
Mexico

Yea this kind of stuff feels like it'd better serve in a Vision solo than this series considering what Viv is going through is the most interesting part of this issue

Timeline stuff.

Miles still have his webbing
Kamala didn't disappear.
Scott is with X-men blue.

No, you idiot.

Wasn't the Miles and Spider-Gwen ship buried for ever? Dumbest fucking ship ever, made for the sole purpose of making bait for Sup Forumstards

Am I the only one who clicks on the pages with lots of replies in these threads? I don't feel a need to ever actually read this comic

This explanation of recreating her brainwaves by mixing his with Virginia's again makes the fact that he hasn't rebuilt Vin even more blatant.

He could have literally done the same thing for his son

Also wasn't he working on repairing Virginia at the end of his book, since drinking that acid didn't fry her consciousness like being electrocuted fried Vin's?

It was deliberately vague as to which of them he was rebuilding. Vin was supposed to be permanently dead, while Virginia killed herself, so would be likely to do so again if rebuilt.

Given what's going on here, let's be glad he didn't

So now they’re two Vivs? Are either one of those Vivs important to the survival of this series?

This book is still shit and all the characters in it should be shot, the writers shot, the editors shot, and the artists turned into little food pellets for poor brazilians.

>This is why people are half serious when they say Marvel has no editors.
I think it's more like image related, tbhq famalam.

that shit is nearly a decade old friend

Why would they not send the one member who speaks Spanish to meet up with the Mexican heroes? Even if these dudes speak English makes people more comfortable to hear their first language.

>that shit is nearly a decade old friend
The editorial was slashed back in 2011:
comicsbeat.com/marvel-layoffs-the-cheapskate-is-coming-from-inside-the-house-of-ideas/

Yes I do this with all current marvel books.

Does Nova speak Spanish?

And isn't Miles half Puerto Rican?

>refugees
what are they fleeing, telenovelas?

Cartel

you are not supposed to answer seriously, user

He at least referred to his family members in Spanish and I recall him speaking to his mom in Spanish at some point in the recent Nova but I read it a while ago.

They really should be wearing Mario and Luigi costumes.

Sam remarks on his first run that he can't understand his mom when she's speaking to him in Spanish. I know the Chicano angle got played up when he was with Rich, but I don't know if him being monolingual changed.

This is the stupidest thing I've read in quite a while.

If you're going to pretend these people are extremely intelligent, please try and give them a secret method of communication which doesn't just look like fucking Algebra.

Algebra is the simplest fucking shit ever.
What's more, communicating in equations is retarded.

Ramos would be pretty good on a horror book. Or maybe it's just the colorist making this page creepy.

The idea seems to be that it wouldn't be resurrecting them from the point they died, it would be building an entirely new version of them, with none of the memories or experiences of the original.

Presumably he hadn't done this with Vin because it wouldn't have been the same Vin that died, but the grief of losing his entire family meant that he wasn't thinking at all clearly when he created a 2nd Viv.

This story will likely end with the original Viv's mind transferred into the body of the new one.

>This story will likely end with the original Viv's mind transferred into the body of the new one.
so basically status quo? grreeeeaaat I was hoping this would be an excuse to kill of Viv for good.

>Cho, Nova and Cyclops all finding the idea of Parallel Worlds ridiculous.
>Meanwhile, in X-men Blue, Cyclops is crushing after a Parallel World Storm.

God damn, I hate this book so fucking much.

They're Young. They'll learn.

I fucking hate how much this run shat in Kings Vision run.

I like to look at this as Tyke just laughing because he's autistic and thinks this will make him fit in. Because it's either that or he's so fucking stupid that he forgot he's from a parallel timeline, himself.

So which is the real one? Is it supposed to be clever because we don't know?

Also I like the cookie monster shit.

The human one is real, Vision just made the robot one to replace her because they assumed she died.

He did: DV8.

It's hard to tell who's thought bubbles are who's. I guess they are always brown-Viv's as the superior one will just turn out to be evil or something stupid.

I... don't think I care enough to read more. Thanks for the feedback (and storytime OP!).

What's Kamala's excuse considering that she met Gwen and even saw he travel to her universe with the wrist device?

She probably laughing him because of the girlfriend one.

Spider-Gwen is not Miles girlfriend wtf Waid

Marvel has no editors

Well, they just implied that robo Viv is apparently made with faulty and corrupted data that may be affecting Vision too.

marvel writers can't even be arsed to keep up with marvel comics

Can you blame them?

ok seriously, SERIOUSLY

Marvel's geniuses are a lot less impressive than I thought.

I don't expect writers to actually know algebra, but is just lazy and incredibly cringey , at least google some cool sounding theorems and have them talk about that.

explains why the Maker had so much trouble with science in 616

Miles is half "Latino" for part of his mother, Rio Morales

This, I mean for fuck's sake one is a super genius and the other is a god damn time traveler.

>Push away the fucking cis white male

Why isnt Joaquin in the new Falcon book, but Patriot is?