Almost a year later

>almost a year later
>that horrible ending is still cannon
EXPLAIN GENNDY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xTVTbLOMVaY?t=1m43s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>vowed to get back to the past in every ep
>autists still in shocked butt hurt that he went back to the past.

It was a serviceable ending and the pain people have about it is still hilarious.

I'm still convinced they didn't give him enough episode space to finish off the show properly.

Seriously, it was the entire plot of the fucking show. No one should even respond to those braindead dipshits.

He was supposed to stay in the future if you like him erasing everone you are fucking retard

At least the writers weren't taken over by feminists.

>hurr durr i support shit writing because it makes people mad
Kill yourself

>First three episodes are fucking Kino
>4th episode is fine
>Then suddenly turns into muh romance and shitty ending.

I don't mind Jack going back to the past, but the romance and the O MY AKU POWERS soured the whole thing for me.

>kino
I remember when we didn’t follow Sup Forums‘s example.

Would you rather they stuck with the original ending in which a truck carrying horse semen crashes into Rush Limbaugh's house while he's binge watching the Hebrew dub of Boku no Pico with a 6 foot Pinkie Pie plushie wearing nothing but bright red Victoria's Secret panties?

>he was supposed to
I'm sorry and which co-creator of Samurai Jack are you? The one on an anonymous image board whose headcanon somehow didn't end up being the finale? That sucks, bro.

And yet the writing was still shit.
Really gets the noggin jogging.

>I remember when we didn’t follow Sup Forums‘s example.

What did he mean by this?

still no where near as bad as feminist "writing"

SJ always had shit writing.
The biggest draw was the visuals; when you get down to it, SJ was just some guy fucking around in the future.

Just because it was always the endgame doesn't mean the execution wasn't awful

>no scenes of him saying goodbye to the friends he made in the future
>no scenes of just how much changed the past was with Aku's defeat
>there weren't even a "where are they now?" montage of the future characters
>instead it was all wasted for more Ashi time

>Almost a year later
>Grown men are still mad that their fanfic didn't come true

I think considering everything, it might as well have never happened. A year later and we got TTGL'd

Says who? The most "evidence" to even support this claim is a vague as hell comment from Genndy about the jabs made about Jack's plot in the Duck Dodgers cartoon. He never followed it up saying 100% "Jack wasn't ever meant to get home".

Also, how do we know everyone in the future was erased? For all we know it's like that shit in Mystery Inc where the timeline simply retcons the evil influence, Aku in this case, and the timeline is now peaceful, sans Aku and his progeny.

You’re really going to tell me Ashi isn’t on pair with feminist writing?
You’re starting a shit over nothing.

>we may have dog shit on our hands, but at least it’s not horse shit.

It wasn't. Ashi wasn't struggling to prove she's a strong warrior who don't need no samurai.

>almost a year later
>that horrible ending is still cannon

What do you expect him to do, go back and remake the entire fucking season just to satisfy you? What the fuck kind of entitlement do you have, thinking a story made by someone else has to please you and you alone? How the fuck can you justify feeling like you're owed something by a man you've never fucking met? Fuck you, fuck your sense of entitlement, and fuck the parents who raised and molested you into being such a worthless shit. Go choke on bleach, faggot.

No she was just an Mary Sue insert wish fulfillment, complete with bullshit powers and a show horned connection to the villain.
Why you find this more acceptable because it’s not “feminist”, is beyond me.

>3h40m isn't long enough
begone oxygen thief

Nigga, this is Sup Forums. People will complain about things not catering to their unspoken wishes and expect said things to magically adhere to those aforementioned wishes. Just look at Sup Forums and its "here's how this game should be" mentality and how the fucks think they know game design better than anything despite a lack of computer knowledge beyond how to emulate shit.

Samurai Jack wanted to get back. He listened to Ashi without thinking things through.

She was hardly Mary Sue. Her powers were made clearly defined by being Aku's child. The only real bullshit was Aku not noticing this at all given it wasn't the first time his essence mingled with human DNA. Not even the depression over Jack's immortality could have explained him not noticing.

So why did he stop aging? Who was that little girl in the shadows?

He intended to let this masterpiece take over the franchise.

yeah but then there is this episode, if he fucking knew everyone would be erased why didn't he jump to the portal in this episode

Going back to the past wasn't itself the problem, it was the execution. The way things are now, every time Jack sacrificed a chance to return home in the series to help someone in the future makes no sense, as killing Aku would have prevented the problem retroactively.

Her having the powers was fine, what was bullshit was her being exactly at his level despite just discovering she could do that shit and being only a minuscule portion of his essence dilluted with a human body.

She should have managed to hold his assault for a bit with effort, not completely counter him.

>this is Sup Forums

That's an excuse, not an explanation. Nobody is entitled to having someone else's work conform to their tastes, I don't give a fuck if they go here or Infinity or some other shithole imageboard, forum, or social media network. You are owed nothing by a creator. NOTHING. And you'd all do well to remember that, lest you look like the kind of autistic retard that is the OP.

>Quantum Jack
How the fuck does this cunt keeps getting work?
It was awful when this cunt had a shot at the Tank Girl reboot. Now I have to tolerate his shitty scribbles here too?

Never said I was entitled to anything you illiterate dipshit. It is an explanation because Sup Forums is the kind of place with people who say and expect this shit. Learn to fucking read.

Maybe they'll do an extended ending where it turns out Jack is still immortal and is around to see everyone he knew living much better lives in the new timeline.

>all these people STILL saying Jack going to the past was fine

christ almighty

>No, she was just a
A criticism for the ages, Genndy should start rewriting right now

>Maybe they'll do an extended ending

Yeah, and maybe I'll trip over my shoe and fall dick-first into Gianna Michaels's pussy. The fuck is wrong with you? The show is in the can. It's out on Blu-ray. They're not going back to change it just to make you happy. Get over it, you entitled shiteater.

See, THIS is quality criticism of the show's ending.

In what? The DVD release? That's been out for ages now. While I'm down with the idea of alternate endings, it's far too late for that to happen.

For some people, it was. People can say it was shitty, but that all boils down to opinion at the end of the day.

Oh look it’s this kinda thread again

>objectively shitty writting is fine because opinions are subjective :^^)

do you think Ashi suddenly vanishing in the middle of the wedding after at least several days of making the time travel or Jack not once stopping to think about HOW time travel works in the entire series is also good writting because of subjectivety my man?

right back at ya, cunt!

The thing people aren't considering is that people would be pissed whether Jack went back or not. It was kind of a Catch-22.

It was the only logical conclusion to his character arc was to stay in the future. Not doing so went against everything that happend, idiot
Are you really that stupid? 1-4 seasons were great
Nice strawman genndy apologist
>its entitlement to want an actually good ending to a cartoon from your childhood according to retards like user
Slit your fucking throat, chump

FUCK YOU

Depends on what you mean by good. Good doesn't necessarily mean flawless and perfect, just adequately satisfying for the audience. And for many, it was enough for years spent waiting, while of course many others felt it was lacking or that it cheated them of their ideal ending. There was no way any of the possible endings the show had would satisfy everyone.

At least he wouldve had a happy ending for jack and most of the characters if he styed in the future. Fuck this forced bittersweet shit

>its entitlement to want an actually good ending to a cartoon from your childhood

It's not entitlement to want something. It's entitlement to think you're owed the thing you want, for any reason. Genndy didn't owe you shit. He never will.

Do you sincerely not know how basic storytelling works?

>the only logical conclusion
That's highly debatable. But clearly you don't want to do that and hurl insults at others.

>He was supposed to stay in the future
Which is why the episodes always started with "Gotta stay, stay in the future, SAMURAI JACK!"

Its called character progression you filthy casual, he shouldve learned that the future was worth saving and everyone in it

>It's entitlement to think you're owed the thing you want, for any reason. Genndy didn't owe you shit. He never will.
Yes he did, he owed us a good ending. I hope you choke to death in your sleep you hack defending cuckold

I do, and not everything has to end because the exact same way because of some formula/plot device. Jack getting back to the past was never a "bad" option. It's more the matter that the ending we got let people expecting a bit more, namely in regards to the future that may or may not exist anymore.

It's called paying attention to the entire goddamn premise of the show. He might have helped folks around now and again, but Jack's mission, from the first episode to the last was to return to the past, and undo the future that is AKUUUUUUUUU

The word you're looking for is self-entitled.
Just semantics

Its called progression you thick skulled tard, erasing everyone from exsistance made him even worse then aku. And why didnt he just go to the portals in the past instead of saving people if they didnt matter to him.

>I do, and not everything has to end because the exact same way because of some formula/plot device

It's not about that you cunt
Please do tell me how the main character being too dumb to stop and think for a moment exactly how the thing he's been chasing for 50 years works, how Ashi dissapearing in the middle of the wedding instead of right after they slayed pastaku makes any sort of sense, how Ashi does suddenly know how to use Aku's timetravel powers, etc

>he owed us a good ending

No, he didn't. He didn't owe you, me, or anyone else a motherfucking thing. He had no obligation to even finish the story, much less finish it in a way that made you—just you—personally satisfied. He had no reason to please someone he had never met. He had nothing to lose by pissing you off by making the show his way instead of the way you wanted him to make it. If you wanted it made your way, you should have put a gun to his head.

As far as Jack was concerned, he was saving it by going back. The problem is that ending is extremely vague about how time travel works. Ashi's disappearance could have easily meant she and anything influenced by Aku's evil were wiped away while the rest of the timeline remained, or it could have all been erased. Time travel fiction in general is a bitch to handle because there's always going to be some sort of flaw even if the work in question is really strict and fleshed out in regards to that subject. Given SJ barely goes into depth about the subject beyond "you go forwards or backwards", it's anyone's guess what kind of rule set Genndy's mind was playing with.

>hurr durr i will defend a fucking hack and act like a contrarian cunt just to look special
Blow your fucking skull out, he owed the fans a proper ending, and you are nothing but an ass kicking dickhead for trying to defend him

Why do muricans get so assblasted over Jack killing all these one-dimensional secondary characters who appeared twice at best? I didn't care about that, because I divide such stories into two cathegories: the story focused on a single character, and a story focused on a group of characters. And SJ was a story focused on a single character. Not one magic of friendship, not on a strong cast of characters whom the audience could care about. Since the very beginning, I knew that the secondary characters were less important and less developed than Jack. So some Woolies died, who the fuck cares about Woolies? Or those underwater frog guys? Or anyone? Is it just that easy to invest a murican into a bland character? Or do muricans treat it as a punch in their nostalgia, because all those characters they saw as a child are now dead? I will never get this shit.

then why the fuck didn't he use the first time portal he found instead of saving that one random guy the episode had to had to stop him from ending his quest?

You don't seem to realize that concious or not Jack's been making the Future a better place through the entire series and has ALWAYS put it before going to the past even though actually doing so would make all his efforts to save people in the future pointless

I'm not defending the ending. I thought it was an asspull. But even though it disappointed me, I don't think I'm owed a whole new ending just because of my disappointment. Why the fuck do you think he owes you any-fuckin'-thing in this world when Samurai Jack is his creation, not yours?

>he owed the fans
Do you realize that you're acting exactly like a stereotypical nerd fanatic obsessed with his headcanons right now?

>He didn't owe you, me, or anyone else a motherfucking thing.
This. Artists should be free to draw and write what they want. I hate how social media has pushed fandom entitlement up to 11.

I would have preferred a "Jack stays in the future" ending as per but I'm just happy the show got an ending at all and Genndy got to end it on his terms

>duhhh i hate the ending but i will defend a hack and make sure no one criticizes it because im a contrarian neckbeard
Why havent you killed yourself yet?

>could have easily meant she and anything influenced by Aku's evil were wiped away while the rest of the timeline remained,
Two people meet because "Aku's evil" drove them out of their homes and into the same environment, eventually they fall in love and start a family. With Aku gone, do they still meet each other? Do they start that family? The only indication we have is Ashi, and while you might say that she's a special case because of her personal connection her dialogue doesn't really specify that.

They dont deserve to make utter shit and not expect to get criticism thrown back at them

Now say it without crying.

Chill the fuck out man. You're getting way too emotional because of me saying the ending's worth is subjective. Like I said, it's good for some, and bad for others. As for the logic behind everything, there's really no clear explanation given how fast and loose the show had been about with the time travel aspect since the beginning. For all we know, this shit could be operating on multiverse theory and the future still exists as some weird anomaly.

You can criticize the ending all you want. I don't care. But acting like you're owed a whole new ending, done entirely how you want it so it will satisfy you and you alone, because Genndy didn't make an ending you liked is retardation on a level that gives actual retards the right to call you a retard.

Genndy doesn't owe you shit. Stop acting like he does, you entitled sheepfucker.

I wonder who this was.

My guess is still Kuni

>hurr durr he was always suppose to go back to the past
Those situations where there so he could have a moral conflict!
youtu.be/xTVTbLOMVaY?t=1m43s

>DURR SHIT ENDINGS BELONG TO BE KEPT THE WAY THEY ARE AND RETROACTIVELY RUIN THE SERIES AS A WHOLE AND NO ONE SHOULD FEEL THEY SHOULD BE CHANGED
Fuckng brainless retard

>then why the fuck didn't he use the first time portal he found instead of saving that one random guy the episode had to had to stop him from ending his quest?
I was never a fan of the Monks episode where he goes to help some random Monks he once befriended instead of going back to the past. I mean, sure, outside of the story, I understand that this was the only this could've ended for two reasons: 1) The show being heavily episodic 2) It being a "safe" choice to teach your children, one that nobody would question. Because when choosing between doing some relatively small good deed but being sure it's good OR doing something drastic and risky for the potential greater good but not being sure it will actually work out, then yeah, the first is a much safer option.
But once again, all of this made sense back when SJ was an episodic series with a very primitive morality system. If after all these, it came back and fed me the same bullshit about "never choosing the potential greater good option because doing a small good deed instead helps you sleep at night", this would be worthless and indicate how the show hasn't matured in the slightest.

Hey, asshat. You can hate the ending all you want. But you're not owed a new one by Genndy or anybody else, no matter how much you want to shove a knife in his dick and twist it around until he cums blood. He doesn't owe you shit. He has never owed you shit.

But the moral conflict was him either stepping into the portal and leaving whoever helped him to likely perish at whatever obstacle they were up against, or sticking around to help save them AND then go through once the danger was over. Problem is, Jack always hanging back to ensure his one-off companion was saved always cost him because the portal would somehow be destroyed in the battle or blocked off by the surroundings collapsing.

Are you an actual child?

>As for the logic behind everything, there's really no clear explanation given how fast and loose the show had been about with the time travel aspect since the beginning
>main objective for the main character is intentionally? keept vague as fuck and not thought even once in his 50+ year journey about it, he just took it for granted
>the rest of the complains aren't even about how the time travel itself works

nigga what the fuck do you think that is?
protip: it's not good writing

but hey if you enjoy it keep eating shit I'm sure it's good for you because you like it :)

He owed us a good ending, and you are no better then a genndy defending faggot for thinking otherwise. You think it should be allowed for companies to make shit without getting retribution for it?

btw with Ashi vanishing in the past it's pretty much confirmed the multiverse timeline ain't a thing in SJ
so fuck off with your bullshit headcanon

Maybe to you it's not good, but for some it is. But hey, if you're just going to summarize with scat memes, fine, whatever.

Same to you with your "it was always meant to be him staying the future" headcanon despite only the fifth season being the only time they even hinted at him staying being a possibly better option.

This. Why would we spend an entire series watching Jack get to know all these people and make a difference in their lives if the lesson wasn't "You can't change the past, you can only work to improve the future."

The only way the "every character dies because Jack goes back to the past" ending would work if the show was about a cold, serious, stern, determined samurai reluctantly getting involved in peoples lives and constantly emotionally resisting becoming attached to them because HE KNOWS THEY WILL ALL HAVE TO BE ERASED FOR HIM TO ACHIEVE HIS ONE AND ONLY LIFE GOAL. Then it would have been poignant as fuck when the day finally comes when all his friends rise to aide him in battle, die by his side, and he can fight back the emotions any longer, and in a tearful fit of blind rage charges through the portal and kills aku with a flurry of furious slashes and kneels in the black goop panting and says to himself "... I did it." WATCHA

The same exact thing can be said about the people of the past, retard. In fact, we see far less and care far less about them. I sure af don't give a damn about robin hood who taught Jack archery for about 10 seconds of onscreen time.

Also it's less about the specific characters themselves as much as the future world itself that has some good and beauty left in it that's worth fighting for. It should not be an easy decision to forgo everything in the future for people in the past.

>He owed us a good ending

No, he didn't owe you shit. He didn't have any obligation to give you an ending you wanted - hell, he didn't even have an obligation to finish the fucking show at all.

>You think it should be allowed for companies to make shit without getting retribution for it?

>retribution

I'm gonna have to contact Genndy somehow and tell him that you're planning to murder him.

(Real talk: Yes, you're fucking allowed to criticize media. No, you are not owed changes to that media that would make you happy, especially if you had nothing to do with making that media.)

It makes sense because that's the entire point? For the entirety of the series, "going back to the past" is a goal that seems like it's going to magically fix everything, yet at the end of the day, after going back, Jack cannot even be sure if he did the right thing.

>DURRR NO ONE IS OWED ANYTHING COMPANIES CAN SHIT ON FANS ALL THEY WANT
Utter retards like you are why the star wars sequels are a thing

>AND then go through once the danger was over.
and basically killing his companion himself by proxy acording to the ending yes

>points objective flaws in the story and world of the series
>b-but it doesn't mean it's bad!!! ur just a meanie!!!!!

it's ok to have shittaste my son

But he didn't know, Jack has about knowledge as time travel as a he does with fashion trends.

Whew boy, the taste meme. Should have seen that one coming.

Because he still cares for the people, and didn't know how time travel workd. Also lets be honest; if it wasn't for ashi telling jack in her death rattle that returning to the past and killing aku changed his future, he might have been none the wiser and believed that he created an alternate timeline.

I never said it was always meant to be, I said it would've straight up being a better ending if we go by the current timetravel rules of SJ's universe and S5 characterization of Jack

and the fact he basically spends a whole fucking season seeing how Jack changed the future for good and getting the good out of the bad, even more when it was revealed Ashi was the direct decent of THE EMBODIMENT OF EVIL and he still managed to make her come to the good side