Thundercats 2011: How it Would Have Ended with Dan Norton

>soundcloud.com/tcs2011int/cats2011-ros-revised
>Dan Norton Interview
>It would have started with a time skip with the power balance in Mumm-Ra's favor. Lion-O would've come up with the Code of Thundera from the 1985 series and along with the symbols on the red crests of the armor. The rebuilt Thundera would've included all who opposed Mumm-Ra.
>The second episode would have been about Berbils would make the New Thundera technologically more advanced than the old one. Panthro plans to steal Mumm-Ra's technology to give them an advantage and the Berbils would follow him. This episode would've revealed Snarf's species' origins and show Flashbacks of when Panthro was trapped in the pyramid after Grune's betrayal. Ro-Bear Bill would have sacrificed himself to save Panthro and ensure the heroes would have the advantage Panthro planned.
>The third episode would have been about other details that was revealed at a convention, Slithe's motives for siding with Mumm-Ra, Lynx-O's spotlight appearance, Slithe's grudge against Lynx-O and Slithe killing Lynx-O. There would be hints of Pumyra wanting more power too.
>The fourth episode would have given the spotlight to Cheetara and her status as the last Cleric along with introducing an old rival of Cheetara's from her Cleric training days (a fat snow leopard) and would have learned that Cheetara blames herself for her grandma's death because of her speed to deliver medicine. Like her 1985 Series Counterpart, Cheetara would gain the ability to see into the future in this episode.
>An episode would have focused on Jaga and confirmed that the Astral Plane is where Jaga's spirit resides. This episode also confirmed that Grune is still trapped in the Astral Plane and he has been transformed into a more monstrous version of himself (with Panthro's arms attached to him). Grune would also steal the Blue Power Stone (known as the "Soul Stone").

>An episode would have shown some flashbacks to explain how the Kittens acquired their items (the Flink and the Flupe), they were in the maze of Baron Karnor
>An episode would have involved islands and a nautical vibe. The TigerSharks would have made an appearance and the Bolkins from the 1985 Series would have appeared and been made into a community of fishermen. They would also have to deal with the Berserkers lead by Hammerhand.
>The following episodes would have shown Mumm-Ra uses the Power Stones to power-up his pyramid and one of these episodes revealed one of these power-ups to be turning sand into a black mist and releasing it within a chamber that turns whom ever breaths it into a more powerful but more monstrous form.
>Pumyra would transform into a mutant-bug monstrosity. Pumyra would be in this form for a few episodes and Tygra would kill Pumyra when it became clear she is beyond the point of redemption
>The first batch of 13 episodes from this set of 26 episodes would end with Lion-O entering the Book of Omens to train some more.

>Another major point from these episodes would be the Kittens splitting up on somewhat bitter terms during the time skip. Wilykit went to live with the Elephants at one point and became their queen while Wilykat still focused on finding Eldara and becomes a King of Thieves.
>Hachiman was planned to appear, learned how to fight from a group of roach people and have a sword created by the Drifter. The Conquedor would have been revealed to be Safari Joe from the 1985 Series. The Lunataks were planned to appear too.
>Lion-O would emerge from the Book of Omens 10 years later (looking like the ThunderCat equivalent of Conan The Barbarian) and Wilykit would eventually become romantically attached to Lion-O and later becoming the Queen of Thundera after marrying him. Bengali would appear as Tygra & Cheetara's son in this series
>After Lion-O returns from the Book of Omens, Mumm-Ra's pyramid would have enough power to float again and he plans to use it to attack the ThunderCats but it takes over the course of this next batch of 13 episodes to reach the Cat's Lair. The ThunderCats would face off against Grune again to reclaim the Soul Stone and Panthro would reclaim his arms from Grune, which now have an ability known as an "Astral Punch".

OP are you retarded? This is fake as fuck.

>After this last confrontation with Grune, Mumm-Ra would steal the Soul Stone but Slithe would betray him and give the stone to Lion-O and be killed by Mumm-Ra in retaliation. Tygra would also die before the final battle when he takes a hit from the Sword of Plun-Darr intended for Lion-O.
>The final battle would show all of the ThunderCats' allies answering Lion-O's battle cry/battle call, the Drifter would return with all the Swordsmen who regained their swords taken by the Duelist and Ponzi would return with Lucy. When Lion-O defeats Mumm-Ra a bandage would fly off into the wind.
>The epilogue would show peace has returned to Third Earth but the final scene would show the bandage from the final batle landing on the face of an innocent animal herder in the desert, forcibly mummify him and bury him under ground in the desert.
>There were two different ideas for whether Tygra could be brought back to life or if he stayed dead; the gauntlet combined with all the Power Stones would have the power to restore things (the debate was whether it could restore life or not). If they went with the Tygra stays dead route, there would have been a scene where Lion-O shows Bengali statues of previous kings and there would be a statue dedicated to Tygra.
>Like in the original , Third Earth would be revealed as Earth from the distant future. The "Third" part of the name comes from the times Mumm-Ra visited Earth; "First Earth" was when Mumm-Ra visited Earth during the time of the dinosaurs and "Second Earth" was when Mumm-Ra spend a significant amount of time on Earth in Egypt.
>The SilverHawks were from the time of "Second Earth" and would have met the ThunderCats through a hole in time. The SilverHawks and the TigerSharks were also allies that would join in during the final battle. There were "back-up plans" in case they were unable to have said teams appearing.

Yeah, this is a lot of info. I'll just come back to this later.

Not sure about the rest but

>>Pumyra would transform into a mutant-bug monstrosity. Pumyra would be in this form for a few episodes and Tygra would kill Pumyra when it became clear she is beyond the point of redemption

is legit. Stupid as hell, but legit. That's how much they hated Lion-o.

But they let him end up with Best Girl though

Finally! They explained the planet's name! I remember watching the original series front to back and they never said why it was called Third Earth but alluded to it being Earth from when Hachiman was brought in and that stupid soap weapon.

I wonder how older Wilykit would have looked like. And if they were going that route, I hope they planned to build that bond up gradually or his attraction would have come off as rather abrupt and shallow

I think an unknown drawfriend made this..

Reminds me of One Piece when the crew all split for a few years so they could all git gud

My only gripe was that she looks too close to Pumyra.

Would've been great to see Lion-O tell Cheetara to fuck off and eat a sandwich.
>Someone draw that please?

It’s the brown dress

She should also keep the pig tail hair.

Maybe that’d be a bit too youthful, but yeah, I’m not digging the long hair so much at least

I think the hair makes her look more caring, which is what they were driving for the character.

I think this is pretty telling as the Hallmark of the 2011 series was having good ideas then fucking up the dressing, continuity, and execution.

Well the pig tail should grow to
A pony tail and longer sideburns would be nice.
And her holding Lion-O tightly with her tongue out saying MINE!

The pig tail is her ears though

I agree on the rest though

It's alluded to in parts of the writers bible from the old show and the Marvel comics (which likely used had access to the writer's bible) that First Earth was the time of legends and myths. Second Earth is our time. And Third Earth was Mumm-Ra turning everything to shit.

too old

but will he be able to satisfy her, being so old?

>mutant-bug monstrosity
HatehateHATE this.

Darq, is that you?

>half the cats are complete cunts to Pumyra the entire time shes on the show
>turn Pumyra into a villain outta fucking nowhere
>was gonna turn her into a bug and kill her off
being a Pumyra fan is suffering

With how the show was handled while you'd have some of the writers trying to give Lion-O happy outcomes, every so often the Tygra/Cheetara tribe of writers would do everything possible within the episodes they were given to undo as much good shit as possible.

Considering how bad it had gotten nothing short of Mumm-ra having Wilykit raped to death by MawMutt while Lion-O had to watch for an entire episode would have surprised me in their attempt to fuck over Lion-O

Anyone have a Mega for the series? Always been curious to see what all the hate was about.

>Lion-O and Wilykit pairing would have been canon

Was Dan the Man Norton /ourguy/ after all?

I don’t really get Tygra fanboys. Dude barely had any personality in the original series.

>take Pumyra -one of the sweetest, kindest characters from the original show- and turn her into a violent jarhead double agent that lusts for mummy dick
>then turn her into a fucking bug monster
>and then also make it so that even though she's basically Lion-O's direct antagonist, have Tygra stop getting his dick sucked for five seconds to kill her so that Lion-O can't have any motherfucking closure

I can honestly say I'm glad this shit got cancelled before they could bring the Lunataks in. I shudder to think about how badly they would have fucked up Chilla.

I feel like these are all good ideas with solid progression on paper, which is weird considering what a clusterfuck the series ended up being. Strange that we haven't gotten any insider leaks about executive meddling or anything. Because the seasons that we got sure didn't feel like a cohesive narrative.

No, fuck you.

Wasn't it explained that she was basically a zombie husk controlled by Mummra? Her kind and gentle personality died long ago. I'd be pissed if I was a Pumyra fan, sure, but it's kind of a good twist. The idea would be salvaged if they did some astral plane or flashback shit that showed the real Pumyra, and then have her ghost kill the zombie somehow.

>Lion-O would emerge from the Book of Omens 10 years later (looking like the ThunderCat equivalent of Conan The Barbarian) and Wilykit would eventually become romantically attached to Lion-O and later becoming the Queen of Thundera after marrying him.
I want this but I also want Tygra to die a horrible death too.

No, they showed Mummbo pulling her spirit out of that stupid soup pot of souls he spies on people with and sticking it back in her body (or made her a new one? It wasn't clear) or whatever. So she was dead but then was alive...? Or is some kind of revenant, I don't know.

Point is, her whole schtick is that she's mad because Lion-O didn't save her from being crushed under a collapsing building or whatever. So now she fucks mummies and goes way out of her way to be a dick to Lion-O.

>and then have her ghost kill the zombie somehow.

See, I would have liked that. Have the cats go to some border town somewhere, and Bengali and Lynx-O are there taking care of sweet, kind Pumyra's soulless animated husk of a body. It would totally be cliche as fuck, but the two having a showdown would be pretty awesome. Evil Pumyra is all, "If you kill me, you'll die too!" and Good Pumyra just doesn't give a fuck because she loves Lion-O and is willing to die (again) for him.

But no, we were going to get a bug monster.

Did you finish reading it? Tygra dies.

Fake and Gay

Just like every other thundercats thread.

How would a show about musclely cat men not be gay?

>Wilykit would eventually become romantically attached to Lion-O

Too bad the elephants ruined her.

>Wilykat still focused on finding Eldara and becomes a King of Thieves.
Would have been cool. Love thievery troupes.

Someone compare this dude's voice to known recordings of Dan Norton!

Just a reminder that the show was ruined due to an executive firing the original crew after the first two episodes, replacing them with his own hand picked morons to create his Trygra fan-fiction.
Didn't CN fire him after this?

Maybe she could let her ears loose, but grow a new short ponytail from her mane like in but wihout the long red tresses or a messy bun so you keep that mild boyishness to her.

[needs a citation]

Why did they want to shit so hard on the nucats? Pumyra, and Lynx-o were cool. Bengali is pretty lame though.

From what we know the individual writers all basically fought with one another and the head writers. It was a Digimon 02 situation where everyone had a different idea and no one was reigned in properly.

What if Dan Norton was the one anonymously pushing for Lion-O/Wilykit in this board all along?

I’d believe it.

>Wilykit and Lion-O

ARE YOU SERIOUS? BEST GIRL ACTUALLY WON?!

Gooble goble!

He was just a color swapped Tygra, honestly, and only existed to reforge the sword. I'm not sure he even did anything else.

Was that guy pushing adult or loli WilyKit?

This is important to decide whether he's our guy or not.

The first season had way too much nonsensical filler to ever let someone get into the series. I imagine with all of this, there would still be totally random weird annoying filler in between everything lore-based as well.

Kind of sucks Lunataks sounds like they were going to be another throwaway filler episode villain. I liked them more than the mutants.

Judging from the recent commissions I have seen of the two, I would guess the timeskip for Wilykit is only to appease objections and not what he cares about.

Feels good

Where’d you read that?

So is the series dead now no chance of another cartoon I mean we did get that awesome He-man crossover but nothing else since

>specifically mentions that Wilykit was the only one that believed in Lion-O after Cheetarah and Pumyra broke his heart

Yep.

>a king like Lion-o getting with some pleb

Lose the prole-tail and then maybe we'll talk.

>last planned season has Tygra take over from Lion-O as king
>is absolutely BTFO and is a failure at it
>Cheetarah separates from him even after having a kid with him
>dies saving Lion-O, his dying words saying Lion-O deserved to be king

Literally giving people what they want.

Considering his intro is going around the undercity he'd probably been slumming it since he learned what his dick is for.

I hope we get more from that. A Thundercats ongoing would be cool. Hopefully it’s nothing like the Return.

Well they were about the same age. Just Wilykit came from a smaller breed

Wilykit is obviously still a little girl.

.....Why, here user.

It was during the hight of the show..

Do people forget we saw what the Thuderkittens parents look like?

.... And?

Were they catlets?

No just average looking Thunderians

I always joked that Lego Chima was basically a rip-off of Thundercats, but I had no idea that it basically caused the 2011 show to die.

DAMN YOU LEGO

Saying Best Girl in a show like the Thundercats remake is truthful but disingenuous.

Would have, but yea

>Lion-O would emerge from the Book of Omens 10 years later (looking like the ThunderCat equivalent of Conan The Barbarian) and Wilykit would eventually become romantically attached to Lion-O and later becoming the Queen of Thundera after marrying him.
why couldn’t we have this?
WHY??

It's better to say best girl by default.

If Thundercats was released on Netflix, do you think it would be as popular as Voltron? Would it have at least gotten a satisfactory ending....

Maybe. Or maybe if they try a crack a new series again they can put it on their DC app. Also hopefully they tone down the Tygra dicksuckery.

So why did this cease to exist? All these reboots are working on netflix.

>Show runners wanted to aim the show at older kids and teens but exects wanted it for 6-7 year olds.
>Toy sales weren't great.
>Lego deal fell through. Most of the sets made became Legend of Chima.

Probably, if mostly because Netflix orders most of their cartoons by the bulk. So, there would've probably gotten all 52 episodes right off the bat.

>>Toy sales weren't great.
Blame a certain woman for saying girls are buying the action figures or whatever reason. Who needs toys? Strike a deal.
>>Lego deal fell through. Most of the sets made became Legend of Chima.
I knew something was off there.

Lets be honest here, the production had lots of issues too at the writing level with inconsistent characterization.

>Wilykit would eventually become romantically attached to Lion-O and later becoming the Queen of Thundera after marrying him.

Any hentai?

Yes, but it'll get ya a ban here.

Not as much as you’d think. Apparently rule34 artists also enjoy cucking Lion-O

Feels bad man

Or most just assumed it was a crack ship so there was no reason to involve Lion-O.

You’d think Polyle would throw us a bone at least

I hope the official art gets posted some day. That would be could to see what could have been.

Norton said he'd put some art out, but he hasn't touched his DeviantArt account for years.

The only stuff I've seen relating to this is Lion-O in some armor and a small sketch of Safari Joe.

I remember liking the 2011 show, but at the same time I don't remember a single thing about it. Why might that be?

So why did none of this happen?

It caught the cancellation bug.

It had some great character designs and an interesting setting, some real world building potential. The opening episodes hinted at mature storylines dealing with prejudices like fear of technology and stubborn adherence to the past, speciesm and more.

They immediately threw all that out the next episode in favor of a generic fantasy quest to find the magical thing to beat the bad guy.

You remember that show had great potential but forgot it because it squandered that potential

Depends on which executives fucked the whole thing up. Voltron started off good but now its dragging. Thundercats feels like it could be a similar situation of some fucktards not really having a cohesive idea of where things are going. Or it could have been awesome and not gotten fucked over by tv execs putting it in to a shitty time slot.

>Show gets good rating in Friday 8:30 PM EST timeslot
>Gets moved to Saturday 10:00 AM EST timeslot for no reason.

>Wilykit would eventually become romantically attached to Lion-O and later becoming the Queen of Thundera after marrying him.

Only Reason I'm in this Thread.

I don't think the toys sold too well. Because they barely made any.