How can Hawk 'Man' even compete?

How can Hawk 'Man' even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ak533nC6tb8
youtube.com/watch?v=Zfr2OPE2_FM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i am so glad JLU didn't come up in recent years.

Goddamn KANGZ N SHIEET stealing our fine thanagarian women.

BLACKED

>gets cucked
>is a white Egyptian
>is conservative
Is Hawkman, dare I say, I say dare I say, /ourguy/?

Damn DC and their cuckshit obsession

Ditto

That was just Dwayne McDuffie putting his interracial cuck fetish into JLU.

Really didn't like this dumb romance drama with hawk man hawk girl and John. Sad that we got 2 of the last DCAU episodes wasted on it

The DCAU was horrible. What were they thinking? Is there anyone they didn't ruin?

>episode was written by Geoff Johns
Huh, really made me think.

GEOFF NOOOO

C U C K E D

Let's post womens of dc cucked

GYPTIANED

Fucking Ramses stealing white women left and right.

Selina
Mera

JL, JLU and Batman Beyond are the most overrated capeshits of all times.
Timm and Dini are clearly incapable of writing anyone that isn't Batman or Superman, lucky for them nostalgia-googles are stronger than ever nowadays, so we get casuals asking for a fucking Beyond movie.

(You)

>entire theme of the couple is that over countless past lives, they are forever united lovers
>insert cuck shit
As good as DCAU is, they do some weird shit with relationships. Like BrucexBabs

Meh let them make those shitty movies. Thankfully it was fail like always and WB goes bankrupt

I'm a man , but if i had boobs i Will Be cuckquean like selina

I'm a huge hawkfag and this didn't piss me off. It's an AU for a reason. Yes I'm upset Hawkman stuff didn't get any focus, but with they did with Shayera was pretty cool. Would have liked to see more stuff with Shadow Thief and Thanagar (specifically stuff pulled from Hawkworld) but I know it's hard to do when you have limited time and so many hero stories to explore. At least they didn't include any V3 bullshit.

This pairing completely ruined Shayera for me.

It's not just couples.
Wonder Woman wa a nagging cunt, Hawkgirl was the same character but with a BBC fetish, Stewart was a walking dildo and Flash was turned into an idiot. Sinestro was ko'd by a fucking batarang, Grodd's ultimate goal was to turn everyone into apes, Cheetah was more useless than Grundy and Lex Luthor saves the day in the end.
It was crap all around, with only a few good episodes here and there, and those usually are either Superman or Batman-centered.

I think Hawkman still has it better than Sinestro in the DCAU.

>a green lantern cucks some other jla member because geoff is writing it

Makes sense now

I always liked the Shayera/John Stewart pairing in this show, didn't know it was unpopular.

Yeah IIRC he was just a generic villain in the show right? I don't think he even had any lines.

For hardcore Hawkman fans it's understandably a big blow since the hawks being together is a core part of their mythos. It'd be kind of like if the show completely did away with the Superman/Lois angle, but even worse.

>Timm and Dini are clearly incapable of writing anyone that isn't Batman or Superman
They're incapable of writing those characters too.

>Sinestro was ko'd by a fucking batarang
This one's hilarious. I remember every other reference but not this one. When did this happen? Maybe it was a batarang laced with anti-lantern oil!

The Hawks get shit on all the fucking time and I blame geoff Johns because he's the one who created the modern premise of what of Hawkwoman doesn't recognize Hawkman as her eternal love.

>i am so glad JLU didn't come up in recent years.
Seriously. You faggots would never stop with the bitching. That one retard thats trying to force Namor into a meme would probably do it with John.

What is Superman telling Red Tornado?

>>entire theme of the couple is that over countless past lives, they are forever united lovers
Why are you pretending that was ever the theme of the DCAU versions of the Hawks? We don't even know if that flashback was actually their memories.

Because it's such a vast departure from who the characters are.

>Hawks
>characters
>not a massive cluster fuck of personalities, different individuals, backstory and continuity
lmao, the closest thing they had to something that made sense was what Johns was doing in JSA & Hawkman.

>WB goes bankrupt
DO YOU WANT DISNEY TO OWN SUPERMAN?

IS THAT REALLY WHAT YOU WANT?

Marvel and DC being under the same helm will never be allowed.

after having absorbed Fox, i don't think Disney is allowed to ever consume one more studio.

Superman is half-owned by the Siegel family, if DC goes bankrupt they get all of the property.

People bitched about them back then too, IIRC the JL team was called the Minoriteam.

The Mouse always wins.

Does the family get royalties? How does that work? DC pretty much stole Superman when he was created.

>DC pretty much stole Superman
Only kind of, they stole him in the same way they stole Watchmen. Seigel and Shuster couldn't have possibly known that their character would turn out to be so popular, and when he took the country by storm my understanding of it is that they weren't really offered a fair renegotiation.

>a massive cluster fuck of personalities, different individuals, backstory and continuity
But them being lovers is the one constant so you can see the problem.

I'm glad we are seeing more interracial couples in western animation. Those relationships exist, you can't ignore it.

They took the time to develop it so it didn't seem forced.
Still could do without the cuck setup.

Why didn't they go with the original 7 for the first few seasons?

He's telling him about the birds and the bees.

Too many white guys.

>IIRC the JL team was called the Minoriteam

What slow ass retard places were you hanging out that called JLU this in its last year? That show came out in 2005 and JLU was ending by then.

Because Wally West is funnier to write than Barry Allen and John Stewart make the perfect foil for him.

Also, Aquaman had already been established as doing his own thing.

Boooorriiing, interracial’s been shilled for a while now, it’s old hat. When are they gonna give incestuous relationships a chance in the spotlight?

Did you just respond to yourself again

That doesn't even make sense.

The more I think about it they did some weird changes to Hawkgirl for DCAU. Did they just not know how to write her like in the comics or something?
Also I like how in that Egypt flashback there's a reference to Black Adam in it

Writing Hawkgirl without Hawkman is next to impossible, so they had to surgically remove him from her mythos, and implant a bunch of hawk mythos onto her alone (Thanagarian spy arc) in order to make her character succinct enough to not be confusing. Then for some reason they introduced Hawkman again in that one episode, I guess as a nod to the original canon. Except they made him crazy.

>Except they made him crazy.
They didn't made him crazy, they made him aware of his reincarnation pasts, which make him look crazy but actually isn't.

Hawkgirl point it out quite well
youtube.com/watch?v=Ak533nC6tb8
You can regret the changes, but those dialogues are great
>hawkman is actually a waifu poster in the DCAU

I thought it was shadow thief fucking with him with absorbacon nonsense, though I'm probably remembering the episode wrong. It's been a while. Either way if he really is connected to Hawkgirl like the OG Hawkman it's a shame they completely dropped that subplot after this episode.

It was not meant to be for this generation of hawk. Maybe in a next generation?

Your not even trying kid 0/10

>What were they thinking?
"boy I sure do hate comics!"
The awards made the showrunners think that they were mature than the comics (despite making literal childrens' cartoons) and that the viewers of [current year] are too cool and mature to enjoy authentic capeshit.

Note how in the Justice Guild episodes Flash and co. are constantly pointing how cheesy or stupid things are. DCAU was the nu52 of its day.

That is the literal opposite of the truth.

Each episode is a fucking love letter to cape-comics and the episode you pointed out in question is one of the first genuine homage they did to it.

>That is the literal opposite of the truth.
Yeah, that's why it took Jon like 2 seasons to make anything besides beams and spheres. Or why Diana is a cunt and wants the Batdick. Or why Shayera has jungle fever. Etc.
DCAU is trash.

>White egiptian
We call those egiptians

Faggots, the lot of you

tiptoeing to make her size look bigger.

i've seen too much animal planet.

>Yeah, that's why it took Jon like 2 seasons to make anything besides beams and spheres.
John is a no-nonsens character it fit him.
>Or why Diana is a cunt
She isn't.

Not really, Most egyptians where brown, like most of the people in north africa. Only the aristocracy from Greece was white and kept fucking each other because they adopted the incest practice of the former local monarchy when they took over.

I thought Egyptians were a mix of Arabic and Roman?

Not as overrated as Teen titans.

Fucking thank you.

?
No. dude Egypt has like a really long story. You can just simplify it. But the Roman empire only knocked at their door lately.

The most prominent exterior influence was from Greece because of Alexander the Greet.

Local Egyptina are closer to semitic people and Berber, if I am not mistaken.

You missed the point of that episode hard man, they were explicitly rejecting the idea of fate.

GL goes into the future at one point and meets his son with Hawkgirl and gets spooked as shit by it. Then the whole concept of couples being 'fated' to be together comes up and GL straight up says that you shouldn't want to be with someone because of fate, and that if he ends up with Hawkgirl it was going to be because of his own choices and no other reason.

It's usually the same boring pairing. BMWF is bland, BMHF is more common.

What the fuck do hairstylists have to do with Egypt

You know I've always liked this couple, I know we apparently live in the era of retards on either side of the political spectrum screeching about this kind of thing like the autistic tards they are, but I always have liked this.

Which couple do you like though? Hawkman and his bitch or the bitch and the nigger?

The Question was good though.

Here's the thing, interracial dating isn't really a big deal unless you're one of the many flavors of bigot, I'm fine with that becoming mainstream.
But incest is best as a fetish you keep hidden away from the light, search your penis, you know it to be true.

You know, calling John a nigger doesn't do anything beyond prove you're a retard.

But Timm and Dini’s Batman and Superman sucked too. Their Batman was a Chad who somehow ended up alone despite every woman instantly throwing themselves at him because he was just that awesome. So awesome that even Waller said the world always needed a Batman. Their Superman was a weak-willed cuck who only existed to get made fun of by Batchad.

You're not a chad until you can climb the wall, the only true chad in DC is Lex
Luthor.

It was something like "injustice for all". The scene was actually kinda cool too:
youtube.com/watch?v=Zfr2OPE2_FM
>You overplayed your part, "yo".
One of my favorite JL Batman moments. But yes, Sinestro getting knocked back with a Batarang is dumb. But he gets up after this and they capture Batman.

EVERYTHING!

Kys Hick

It really annoyed me how they shat on Hawkman not once but TWICE in JLU. First the whole Thanagarian general thing, second with Carter Hall. I could've ignored it if it was just once but they really needed to hammer it in that "hey guys, John and Shayera are DESTINY, geddit?" so we got this shitfest instead. I'm not even going to mention how they basically made Hawkgirl into the same character as WW, except wanting GL BBC instead of Bat-dick.

I'm kind of curious though, was there a major outcry about it at the time? I wasn't very involved in the community forums or anything, so I'm wondering whether anyone besides Hawkfags were pissed about it.

>She isn't.

Is that why she's aggressive as fuck towards everyone not-named Batman? Is that why Susan Eisenberg made her sound like she's two seconds away from ripping people's head off? Is that why her first course of action is always to get hostile and which probably directly contributed to modern Wonder Woman walking around with a fucking sword and shield and being the most likely out of the whole JL to kill someone?

>Is that why she's aggressive as fuck towards everyone not-named Batman?
She isn't.
>Is that why Susan Eisenberg made her sound like she's two seconds away from ripping people's head off?
Only the enemies she fight.
>Is that why her first course of action is always to get hostile and which probably directly contributed to modern Wonder Woman walking around with a fucking sword and shield and being the most likely out of the whole JL to kill someone?
Whoa, it's almost as if she is a warrior princess, Whoaaaa. Also, she is no more or less hostile than the other when facing a threat.

>She isn't.

Sure she isn't.

>Only the enemies she fight.

So the entire JL are her enemies now?

>Whoa, it's almost as if she is a warrior princess, Whoaaaa. Also, she is no more or less hostile than the other when facing a threat.
>Wonder Woman
>warrior princess

You are another one of those fags who doesn't get Wonder Woman at all and thinks "she's like, um, Xena or something", aren't you?

This reminds me. Why the fuck did they give WW a sword and shield? She doesn’t need them. Her weapons used to be her mighty fists and her shield were her gauntlets. She was supposed to be so badass and mighty that she didn’t need pussy ass weapons and armor. Besides she used to have a no killing rule she would arrest only with her lasso. But then again, DC hates WW so it’s understandable why they would shit on the character.

>So the entire JL are her enemies now?
Nope.