Welp

welp

Other urls found in this thread:

thewrap.com/ron-cephas-jones-wizard-dc-superhero-shazam/
twitter.com/ponysmasher/status/953313279211982854
comicbookmovie.com/shazam/shazam-mark-strong-describes-doctor-sivana-as-an-evil-bstard-and-promises-plenty-of-comedy-a157016
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This movie had so much potential. But they just had to go and adapt the shitty New 52 version.

>making a movie about a smartphone app
Hollywood has lost it.

>the pube beard

But why. This has never looked good on anyone.

It was good, and Aboriginial Wizard was great

WE

>liking Bill Bratson and the diversity kids

NEED A LEGITIMATE SOURCE

WUZ

Have you not heard of the emoji movie? Or the upcoming slenderman adaptation

Asshole Billy was the woat

WIZARDZ N SHIET

Fuck you Johns

>Captain Marvel's powers are allbased on Roman/Greek Gods
>except Solomon
>the Wizard is a Nig
Really on a "Greekz & Romanz Wuz Black" trend huh? First Achilles, then Brittania, now this.

Warner Bros optioned FnaF a while back as well.

thewrap.com/ron-cephas-jones-wizard-dc-superhero-shazam/

>“This is Us” actor and theater vet Ron Cephas Jones is in talks to play the Wizard in New Line’s DC superhero film “SHAZAM!” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

>The Wizard bestows all the powers on a teenage Billy Batson (Asher Angel) so that he can magically transform into a fully adult-size superhero (Zachary Levi).

>Mark Strong has also joined the cast as the villainous Doctor Sivana. Jack Dylan Grazer, Grace Fulton, Ian Chen, Jovan Armand, Cooper Andrews and Faithe Herman round out the rest of the cast.

>New 52

Ya it'll have his whole adopted family. Which is going to clutter things up and just drain screen time from actual cool things.

Why everyone pretend that Shazam is a good character?

>The Wizard was Roman/Greed
How retarded can ya get.
You're just looking for excuses to complain.

Mark Strong’s always fun to watch, but Sivana’s supposed to be a shrimpy, giggling mad scientist. Basically, the opposite of Captain Marvel.

They're also apparently making it so Sivana was magically resurrected or something.

Maybe they're going the n52 route of magic causing Sivanna to shrivel up and become the creep we all know/love.
Or maybe they're gonna have him in a ton of makeup.

I would've liked Christopher Lloyd.

Frank Langella with a long beard would have been perfect.

His name is not "the wizard"
His name is Shazam.
And Billy's name is Captain Marvel.

>Bratson
Oh...you're one of those types.

Billy is trans?

Oh please, Curse of SHAZAM is the worst case of "not muh" I've seen in years.

>Asshole Bill was GOAT
FTFY

Well, I can't name many habitually bald under 60 English accented actors who could or would play villains, so I actually don't mind this casting.

Not what I was expecting, and I kinda forgot that new 52 Wizard was black, but I can accept it. It seems hard to mess up the casting of the Wizard.

I remember that last thread where one guy basically admit that he would rather have Billy be a one-note character without any importance than even considering the possibility of changing the character.

Explain the wizard's first Champion then, aka Black Adam.

This is in no way worse than Mark Strong as Sivana.

But generally yes, Hollywood keeps showing Geoff Johns to be a mistake.

But Mark strong's sinestro was the only good thing about the movie.

Wasn't the wizard originally middle eastern or something?

Wasn't this guy in Luke Cage?

So Morgan Freeman and James Earl Jones both said no, then?

Mark Strong is great.
Mark Strong is not a 4' stickman with a nasally voice.
Mark Strong is thus a bad casting choice for Dr. Sivana.

It's been over 7 years user.
It's too late. They've won. Link is named Zelda now, we simply have to accept it.

James Earl Jones didn't wanna lose weight and Morgan Freeman said "I've played God too many times I'm kinda done doing that".

Billy fags don't want to admit SHAZAM is a better name than Captain Marvel, even Captain Thunder is better.

Yeah, pretty common thing, show up in one superhero show/movie, 2-4 years later pop up in an unrelated one

Get over it already. Be thankful Billy lasted this long, and that he has a name to distance himself from Carol's cancer

>new52
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Carol has always been a far more compelling character than Billy though.

>Morgan Freeman said "I've played God too many times I'm kinda done doing that".
The only thing left for him to do is to actually go be God.

Captain Thunder is a fucking terrible name, it sounds like a fake character.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

>no rock

Dead in the water

>Asked to lose weight at 87
I'd tell them to fuck off too, not much point at that age.

Looks good on me

Newsflash, dingus: he is a fictional character.

No

I usually hate race bending, but I didn’t mind when the New 52 made the wizard shazam an Australian Aboriginal.

I always got the impression that the wizard came from an old fucking culture and the Australian aboriginals are about as old as it gets. I don’t think race has ever been an important attribute to the wizard to the extent that it is to say, Batman or Superman, so for me it wasn’t a big deal when the deviated from his traditional “old white dude” image.

However, if they wanted to go down the route of going with aboriginal wizard for the movie, then they should have chosen an aboriginal actor rather than an African American.

The REAL idiotic move was, and always has been, changing the hero’s name from Captain Marvel to Shazam. The title of the film or book can’t be called Shazam, so what? The movie was the chance to cement it into the public consciousness that the hero is called Captain Marvel, and the wizard is called Shazam. The movie could have finally cleared that up for the normies.

What is the point of having the wizard and the hero both share the same name? How is that LESS confusing for casuals?

We are now stuck with a situation where the hero can’t say his own name without triggering a transformation, or a situation where he only transforms when he consciously wills it -which takes away the fun of accidental transformations.

It's literally the same stupid shit as any of Billy's names

Yeah I actually liked BRATson, a snot to everyone outwardly but does the right thing whenever he can
>still hate the fucking Burgerking kidshazam senpai
But I'm fine with them going Abo Shazam, bc he's actually Mamaragan - an Abo god who took a seat on The council of Eternity
I liked N52 mythos with the greek/world gods better, but Curse o Shazams mythos with the New Gods better, they need to involve both in the next ongoing

POWER of Shazam not curse fuck me

The Wizard is no longer named Shazam. "SHAZAM" is just a word of power with a variety of uses

they should've used Morgan Freeman.

Yeah, luckily I made that up so nobody offended him by asking that.
He's probably too busy with them Driving Miss Daisy plays if he's still doing that, though.

Yeah they've retconned it to be like "Ala-kazam!" you say it, intend for someting magic to happen, it happens
>summons ping pong table
>transforms you into a hero
>throws lightning at enemies

user, please. My insecurity is already high. Don't take the one thing I have away from me

Fine, you have a very nice pube beard, is that a new beard oil?

It’s a shitty name though.

Did he even shrivel up in the Nu52? I only recall him getting that lightning scar by his eye.

Fucking this

Its the best modern update for the character you could imagine

Billy has always had shitty names

He started rapidly aging by the end of Curse of Shazam, and it ended with him meeting Mister Mind

I thought Shazam's always been a word of power though considering it's the transformation catalyst as well as an acronym from which deities the powers are derived from.

The only real change besides the title is that Billy can no longer accidentally transform by saying it. Intent has to be behind it, whether it's transforming, calling lightning, or a random spell. Saying SHAZAM, like always, is just Billy calling upon those figures to do something

>Billy can no longer accidentally transform by saying it. Intent has to be behind it
That ruins everything.

Those character breakdowns were fake, user.

twitter.com/ponysmasher/status/953313279211982854

>We are now stuck with a situation where the hero can’t say his own name
Wasn't this the precise type of situation with Captain Marvel, Jr.?

How?

Not even close.

>fully adult-size superhero (Zachary Levi)
>Zachary Levi

Right, because that wouldn't get old quick

Casting a nigger instead of an actual abbo is problematic and should be triggering people.

I will disagree with this statement

Damage control. Mark Strong literally confirmed it.

>"I've been training like a madman. I'm about to go over and see the stunt guys, I've been trying all of these harnesses on and I think I'm going to be doing lots of flying around and firing electricity out of my hands.''

comicbookmovie.com/shazam/shazam-mark-strong-describes-doctor-sivana-as-an-evil-bstard-and-promises-plenty-of-comedy-a157016

All this means is Sivana is going to steal Billy's powers or fantasize about it.

>However, if they wanted to go down the route of going with aboriginal wizard for the movie, then they should have chosen an aboriginal actor rather than an African American.

This. But America just can't into ethnic stuff.

>jacked buff Sivana

fucking

goddammit

how

>the upcoming slenderman adaptation
holy shit.

By casting a tall, /fit/ actor like Mark Strong instead of finding "Wallace Shawn, but not 70"

Seems like our only hope is for DC to pull a reverse Mandarin and reveal Strong's character to actually be a front for the real Sivana played by Ben Kingsley.

Sometime I think actors sign onto superhero movies just to get swole.

WE

And Bendis's Niggetry has begun.

>Get payed millions of dollars to have a personal trainer sculpt you into a modern Adonis

I mean, there's a certain appeal to it, isn't there? It's like getting in shape without all the problems of having to get in shape, like working for a living, cooking your own meals, and regulating you own exercise regiment.

fuck i thought that was Bubbles from the wire. would've been great.

Part of the fun of Captain Marvel is how saying Shazam always summons the lightning. You can say it then let it transform you, or dodge it and let it someone else as an offensive move. You can be tricked into saying it and accidentally deposed at an inopportune moment. You get that moment when Billy first gets his powers and keeps accidentally zapping back and forth because he keeps just saying it casually. It lends an element of danger because the hero does not have absolute control over his abilities, and that can be turned against him.
You lose all of that if it’s got to have intent behind it because then it’s just another super power.

Wait...that's not Bubbles?

>Part of the fun of Captain Marvel is how saying Shazam always summons the lightning.
...not really.

No one is denying the wizard's name is Shazam, or at least they shouldn't be.

I agree with that user I really enjoyed the way Shazam used to work. It gave Billy a kind of Mxyzptlk-esque element.

How well can this kid yell SHAZAM!? This is a very important part of his role.

The problem with the original Billy Batson is that he had no character arc. New 52 fixed that.