Sup Forums's consensus on Before Watchmen and Doomsday Clock? Haven't read them...

Sup Forums's consensus on Before Watchmen and Doomsday Clock? Haven't read them, and never really considered it since they're unauthorized by Moore. But if they're actually good, I guess I could give them a shot.

>Before Watchmen
Shit.
>Doomsday Clock
Pretty good so far.

>Shit.
>Not "IT'S TIME TO SHIT"

YOU HAD ONE JOB

>Before Watchmen
Haven't read it
>Doomsday Clock
There's only two out of twelve issues out right now, so we'll see.

It seems completely unnecessary, and yet is strangely compelling.

Both are shit

To those that say Before Watchmen was shit, what made it shit? Inconsistencies and plot holes? The artwork? The narrative being unnecessary and explaining shit that didn't need to be explained? Not taking the opportunity to explain shit that actually could've benefitted from being explained better?

>YOU HAD ONE JOB
Bitch to be you right now, eh?

>spoonfeed me daddy

Mostly cringey dialogue (“It’s time to shit.”) and an overall lack of subtlety and nuance to the narrative. None of the clever visual imagery and symbolism of the original story either.

Minutemen is absolutely required reading.
Stay the fuck away from Rorschach and Comedian.
The rest range from meh to decent, it's up to you.
Doomsday Clock cannot be judged until it's completed, but it will probably be at least a little entertaining.

The one time Sup Forums SHOULD spoonfeed is when a newfag wants to learn about comics. The goal is to have a discussion about comics on a board for comics.

Something I don't get, Comedian got discharged for the My Lai Massacre in Before Watchmen, but has been in Vietnam all the way to the end of the war in Watchmen. Did the massacre not get reported on?

>Before Watchmen
Nite-owl and Silk Spectre were good. Everything was bad.

>Doomsday Clock
Good but I'm expecting the Johns' Curse to kick in any second now.

I can't believe these are the only two BW memes.

Just terrible writing for the most part.

>Nite-owl
Meant Minutemen, sorry.

I'm curious, Sup Forums, how much validity is there to that metahuman conspiracy in Doomsday Clock? While meta heroes had existed throughout time in the DCU, there was definitely a population boom around WW2 concentrated largely in America. Makes you wonder since the DCU congress is cracking down on metahumans.

>Before
shit
>Doomsday Clock
trying way too hard to be like Daddies Moore and Gibbons, and failing

>Before Watchmen
Silk Spectre and Minutemen are actually pretty good. Not at all necessary and I don't like them as backstory per se, but I like them as comics. The rest are garbage.

>Doomsday Clock
Irredeemable shit.

>Before Watchmen
Shit and unnecessary but some good artists
>Doomsday Clock
Awful and insulting

>Before Watchmen
:|
>Doomsday Clock
:||

>Cadmus
>Checkmate (technically international but it's run by Americans)
>ARGUS
>standalone projects that created people like Captain Atom, The General, and the new Damage
There's a grain of truth to it.