So how come Batman doesn't get Wonder Woman's help in making Maxie Zeus get better...

So how come Batman doesn't get Wonder Woman's help in making Maxie Zeus get better, with the whole Gods of Olympus are an actual thing in the Dc universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/backstage/wbible/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If being forced to confront reality was enough to make delusional people regain their sense, there'd be far fewer psychiatrists in this world

Because the showrunners weren't legally allowed to use Wonder Woman in the show at the same time that Batman: The Animated Series was airing. They didn't sort that out until Justice League, which is why Big Barda is used as a Wonder Woman stand-in for the Batman Beyond Justice League.

Was going for a more in general Dc Comics, not specifically DCAU

And what precisely would calling Diana in accomplish besides wasting the reader's time with pointless crossover shit?

No, seriously, what would Wondy contribute to a fight against Maxie Zeus?
>HURP A DERP GREEK GREEK GREEK
Stop being retarded.

Because Maxie needs professional help, and confronting actual gods might give him a psychotic breakdown. Furthermore, I doubt the gods would give them an audience for such a trivial matter, and Zeus would probably smite Maxie for the imitation.

However OP, you do bring up a good idea; writers should use Maxie Zeus more often. I think The Batman's had something what with the look. They should really play off the cult leader stuff and give him electric gauntlets

The story of Salmoneus would be appropriate for Maxie.

Plus B:TAS didn't allow any kind of actual magic to be used, just super-science. They even went and removed Zatanna's actual magic in B:TAS for her one appearance, instead making her a common smoke-and-mirrors illusionist (which JL later ret-conned into Zatanna hiding her powers back then).

>Furthermore, I doubt the gods would give them an audience for such a trivial matter, and Zeus would probably smite Maxie for the imitation.
She doesn't have to bring him to them, she could show how misguided he is herself by using her knowledge, experience, etc. But you're probably right, he'd could suffer a breakdown

The problem is that you're assuming that you could talk a violently delusional, schizophrenic man out of his mania by using logic. If mental illness was that easy to cure, then we wouldn't need psychiatrists.

Assuming the revelation doesn't snap his mind like a twig, he'll probably just double-down on his delusion and invent some nonsensical retort, if not just flat-out ignore her.

user, he's a fucking nutjob who thinks he's literally the greek god Zeus and possesses divine powers that he clearly doesnt have. There is no talking to Maxie, even with Diana there. He eats his own shit for crying out loud. Does that sound like a man willing to listen to a rational argument?

You got a point

Maxie Zeus is from the comics. He was created back in the 70's.

Being stricken by the real Zeus' lightning would just make Maxie delusions more powerful.

If Diana ever intervened, Zeus would probably find out and it would be bad for Maxie.

REALLY Bad.

Zeus would either punish him with the panache the Greek Gods were known for.

Or, "Reward" his "Faithful" Follower and make him more of a threat.

No good outcome possible there.

Or he'd fuck Maxie, as Zeus is infamous for being a horndog in mythology

How come they never sent this guy back in time to meet the real King Tut?

>Or, "Reward" his "Faithful" Follower and make him more of a threat.

This needs to happen

>He eats his own shit

Wait, what?

Yup, and he was created because they wanted to bring in King Tut to the comics, but Fox held the rights to all OCs from the 60's show until recently.

I wouldn't be surprised if 60's Batman had a time machine

The greek gods are kind of a clusterfuck anyway.

Always were. Plus she'd probably have to turn into an animal and rape somebody to do it.

Read "Gods of Gotham" by Jimenez in wonder woman volume 2 164-167.
I think Maxie makes an appearance.

Read A Serious House on a Serous Earth. He's also addicted to electroshock therapy

Giving Maxie Zeus the ability turn into animals and become a serial rapist might be a good hook for him

True. The series bible' actually had the episode summary that became that ep in there, but it had them teaming up to fight Gentleman Ghost. Obviously they went in a different direction.

>I think Maxie makes an appearance.
Looked into it, he does. Thanks, I'll check it out

>The series bible
Where can I find that?

>become a serial rapist
Have him team up with Doctor Light

There's an obvious suggestion I'm surprised no one has mentioned: what about the lasso of truth?

If Diana binds Maxie Zeus with it and asks him, "Are you Zeus, ruler of Olympus and god of lightning?", would he say "yes" because he's so crazy he believes that's true, or would he be magically compelled to admit that no, he isn't?

Golden Age Wonder Woman sent most of her female enemies to be reformed in some Amazon rehabilitation facility, I wouldn't mind seeing a few of the Arkham types being sent there for a story.

It's the last part of the last page.
worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/backstage/wbible/

He would say "I am Zeus" because in his mind, it is the truth. The lasso doesn't invoke absolute truth in the world to be revealed, only what compels the victim to disclose that which he believes is true.

Thank you

Lasso? Wonder Woman uses a sword though, not some lame rope.

Then he would impregnate his bunghole, imbuing his poo poo into an entirely new generation of Demi-people

DC really just needs to give Maxie Zeus electric superpowers already. Batman has a woeful lack of electricity-wielding villains and Maxie would fit that role perfectly, plus his psychosis gives him pathos.

Wasted digits
No, thats stupid.

>Wonder Woman uses a sword though, not some lame rope.

Man, fuck Geoff Johns so goddamn much for that shit. And Snyder too.

Feel like by giving him powers that would make it plausible to him, it would defeat the purpose of a man who falsely believes he's Zeus somewhat

To be fair, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Diana using a sword and shield. The problem is some writers easily fall too far into the warrior aspect of her character, and forget that she's the most compassionate member of the league

You meant awesome.

Even in comics i think not once has Zeus involvement in anything been something positive.

>Feel like by giving him powers that would make it plausible to him, it would defeat the purpose of a man who falsely believes he's Zeus somewhat

That's exactly what makes it so awesome though, with Maxie just being a crazy billionaire utilizing technology to make himself like Zeus it becomes easy to dismiss him as a kook. With actual powers backing him up, it becomes even harder for Maxie to be convinced otherwise and Batman may even start second-guessing himself on Maxie's connection to divinity.

Giving Maxie actual powers gives somewhat validation to his delusions. He works better as a deluded nutjob with a cult following. But if you have to, just give him electric gloves. Being a greater threat/giving him powers doesn't magically make him a better character. Just look at Electro's pathetic ass (which is kind of the point of his character I suppose)

What are you talking about? Obviously Batman is the most compassionate member of the League, the DCAU said so.

Wonder Woman even said she doesn't have a rogues gallery because she "deals with them". Pfft, fuckin casual.

There is though, because Wonder Woman is not supposed to be a killer. Lethal weaponry should not be her standard arsenal. Not to mention the sword and shield look just makes her seem generic as fuck, at least the lasso and gauntlets look is more unique.

user, she's a fucking Amazon who's learn to fight with practically every instrument of war. Having a sword around doesn't magically mean she's going to kill everyone with one.

Interesting read, actually.

*The bible writes Mr. Freeze as the predictable theme villain one would expect, unaware of what Paul Dini would do to change his character forever.
*Likewise, Mad Hatter is written more like a nutjob and less sympathetic like the show actually does. A shame that unlike Freeze, this characterization didn't click.
*Batgirl is already written as a character available for use, but doesn't actually suit up until Season 2.
*The pitch that Bruce can't suit up and has to rely on his own wits to stop criminals from robbing his company should have been made into an episode.

>The pitch that Bruce can't suit up and has to rely on his own wits to stop criminals from robbing his company should have been made into an episode.
WHAT?! You're saying Batman isn't always prepared?! Real talk, I'm tired of people spouting off how he's always prepared and the best, oh my God you guys

In the '66 comic, there is a story where Tut and co. go to actual Ancient Egypt and wreak havoc. One of his henchmen drinks too much of a crocodile elixir and becomes Killer Croc.

Knowing how to fight with a sword does not mean that she should fucking carry one around with her, any more than Batman knowing how to fight with one means that he's going to make it part of his standard arsenal.

>One of his henchmen drinks too much of a crocodile elixir and becomes Killer Croc.
Wait, what the fuck? That's the most convoluted Killer Croc origin story
>henchman to this insane jackass
>go back in time
>drink crocodile elixir
>become this crazy ass crocodile man

Right, because Batman isn't a walking arsenal already what with his sharp batarangs, explosives, and various chemicals. The problem is you getting triggered by the imagery despite the fact Diana isn't cutting off heads left in right. You going to give Clark shit for heat vision too, or a firefighter using a fire axe? Its a sword, on standby, meant for shit that can't be solved with words, punching, or a lasso. You know, times when she may have to cut something.

>You know, times when she may have to cut something.
She can just use her Tiara.

Back then, he wasn't. Nowadays, it's like he's got contingencies out the ass for everything that might happen.

Unfortunately her tiara being a boomerang has become outdated just like her invisible jet

Am I the only one that actually would like to see more of him? Guy obsessed with godhood using an artificial electricity gimmick is cool stuff.

They need to stick with this design. It's easily the best TB redesign, and I wish it stuck.

its really weird thought because post redesign/WBkids they had etrigan

>has become outdated just like her invisible jet
They could always update it so she has a personal aircraft that has stealth mode so it isn't so ridiculous

>what with his sharp batarangs, explosives, and various chemicals

None of which is a fucking sword.

>The problem is you getting triggered by the imagery despite the fact Diana isn't cutting off heads left in right.

Or maybe I find it stupid because Diana isn't going to use it, so why DOES SHE FUCKING NEED IT?

>You going to give Clark shit for heat vision too, or a firefighter using a fire axe?

Heat vision is Superman's born-with ability. And comparing Wonder Woman to a firefighter is beyond stupid, especially since an axe is a required tool for a firefighter.

>Its a sword, on standby, meant for shit that can't be solved with words, punching, or a lasso. You know, times when she may have to cut something.

She is strong enough to smash steel to bits. What the hell is a sword going to help her with? Or a shield, since her gauntlets can already deflect anything thrown at her.

And as mentioned, she has her tiara.

>Being this mad that an Amazon uses a sword

>Outdated
>Less ridiculous
Casuals, the two of you.

>struggling this much for a proper comeback that he posts a gif with the Cuck King, Fedora Unfunnyman, Not-David-Chapelle and Way-Past-His-Prime-feld

Gonna take that as an admission. No worries.

Several issues have shown Batman carrying long knife/shortsword type weapons.

Whatever helps you sleep at night

Always thought Maxie would make a good Black Lightning rogue. Maxie would refer to BL as Prometheus and accuse BL of stealing his lightning as he once did fire. Maybe something about the lightning isn't meant for the people but the glory of Zeus.

How the FUCK are they ginna connect Shazam to the events in Wonder Woman?
And why have I never seen her have a conversation with Billy outside of match ups on injustice 2?

Because he would likely say Zeus was the impostor and then get fried to death by lightning bolts.

Billy is dead in Injustice 2

But user, Batvillain > WW villain regardless of powerlevel difference. Everyone knows that.

>And why have I never seen her have a conversation with Billy outside of match ups on injustice 2?
Yeah, I think they mixed up 1 and 2

>mansplaining is the truth

>Morrisonfag thinking his AU fanfic shit is canon

OI WOT IF MOI FANDOM WUS MADE UF FOKKING RETORDS

>that she's the most compassionate member of the league

Yeah, snapping necks is the way to world peace.
WW being about "love" is up there with Batman "preptime" and Supes "cardboard world" in terms of delusional bullshit the fans push.

That's only the case if your name Joker.

Explain this. He literally has two batarangs that become swords

They had Catwoman beat Cheetah in a fight.

Electro has no self respect nor intelligence to use his powers to their full potential. Zeus would be pretty damn dangerous if he ever got powers since he'd have the mindset of a god and thus he'd use his might to what he would expect from a god.

>smite him
that or be flattered and give him some actual god powers for shits and giggles, greek gods are kinda assholes

W-what's wrong with sups' cardboard world

That's a fucking batarang. A long one but still a batarang, which Batman uses for non-lethal purposes. Nowhere near close to a sword. A sword for Wonder Woman has no use beyond killing, which she shouldn't be fucking doing in the first place.

Take your shitty Xena-wannabe-fanfiction somewhere else.

'Cause he throws his own shit at people.

>she could show how misguided he is herself by using her knowledge, experience, etc.

His delusions would just ignore that or make her out to be just a liar, fraudulently claiming to be something she isn't

Is it wrong I'm turned on by Wonder Woman getting knocked down a peg by having shit thrown at her?

>fraudulently claiming to be something she isn't
Isn't that ironic, huh

Why does she need a stealth jet when she can fly and teleportation is normal for JLA? It has no continuous and reoccurring use, unlike batwing and batmobile.

Well now he can.

>literally "it's okay if Batman does it"
Also, you can walk, so why do you need a car? Retard.

>why does she need a stealth jet
>need a stealth jet
>stealth jet

You answered your own question. Back in the 40s and 60s WW was more about espionage against Nazis and Commies rather than Greek myths. She wasn't the inspirational Americana like Caltain America or like in the Movie. She was Feminine Wiles personified. Back then she wasn't Superman's equal and usaully got captured. Back then her weakness was being tied up. So bad guys exploited that. She couldn't barrel through buildings like in the movies.
And I hope you aren't going to ask what the point of the invisible jet is if she can be seen through it. Because I see no proof of that.

>No use beyond killing
Its actually a good defensive weapon considering she's weak to piercing weapons, like swords.

You appear to be really hung up on the idea that Wonder Woman carrying a sword instantly means shes going to kill, and pretending shes a stranger to killing even to her dismay. And don't even pretend Batarangs don't have lethal application

>you can walk, so why do you need a car?
Are you legit autistic.

Are you? Because parroting o e of the most retarded memes in existence is certainly evidence for it.

So what if she can fly? That doesn't mean she can also do all the same things a vehicle is capable of, especially one that can turn invisible. She can't carry cargo or passengers, she can't fly for extended periods of time, or all that fast really... Also, it's an invisible jet plane. I love how folks on a board that frequently bitches about how comics aren't fun anymore, actually have the gall to hate on invisible jet planes.

Diana shouldn't fly regardless. I'm fine if they bring back the jet, make it a gift from the US government

Y'know, you're right. Maybe Diana shouldn't fly, since it has come at the expense of one of her most iconic elements that frankly provides more opportunities for storytelling. Besides, flight is a boring power that fuckin everyone has, while vehicles have died out despite being way cooler.

>gift from the US government
Eh, it should either be a Themysciran creation, or some form of creature. Make it a character in itself, like with the Wonder Dome.

By the WB era, Superman had begun making metahumans and magic an actual thing and so it carried over to Batman as well. As a result, we now got things like Poison Ivy with actual plant powers and not just being a mad botanist with a cranked-up immune system.

Maxie is a really disturbed person.

You just know it's going to be some Apokalypse or Kryptonian gear. Just like Cyborg. Because the whole DCEU only revolves around aliens. The confirmation of actual Dieties pales in comparison.

>You just know it's going to be some Apokalypse or Kryptonian gear.
Yeah, but I can live with that. Much as I despise the Fourth World hijacking the book because Johns is a fucking hack, and Robinson is a pathetic toady, I will grit my teeth in begrudging acceptance if the Amazons get their Golden Age tech levels back. The writing is still shit, but at least someone competent can hopefully do something interesting with it.

Themyscira has really suffered storywise from not having advanced technology. They just don't have the capacity to really affect anything outside the book, and thus are neglected as an aspect of the DCU.

>AC/DC altar