Was Barriss Dark? A Sith?

Was Barriss Dark? A Sith?
When she's fighting Anakin, she mentions that red lightsabers suit her. But at the trial, she says the bombing was an ideological protest against the Jedi for becoming warmongers.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vectivus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It would be interesting if they acknowledged that someone can be a Sith without being evil.

No it wouldn't.

Not to mention, she was 100% right about everything. The Jedi HAD become an army fighting for the Darkside because of Palpatine.

>Was Barriss Dark?

Yes.

>A Sith?

No.

>When she's fighting Anakin, she mentions that red lightsabers suit her. But at the trial, she says the bombing was an ideological protest against the Jedi for becoming warmongers.
Because she thinks the Jedi are servants of the Dark Side. And she' a Jedi.

In the moment of her fight, she was using herself as a caricature to insult Anakin/the Jedi Order.

>It would be interesting if they acknowledged that someone can be a Sith without being evil.

That would be an oxymoron.

Technically, isn't the only requirement to be a sith is that you let your passions fuel you? Couldn't Barbie be a sith, with her passion for fashion? There's nothing in the Sith Code that says you must murder small animals and kick babies.

>Technically, isn't the only requirement to be a sith is that you let your passions fuel you?

Nope.

A Sith is a very specific thing. To say that acting on your passions makes you a Sith would be like saying that picking up a Lightsaber and fighting some bad guys makes you a Jedi Knight.

There are shit tons of traditions, skills and philosophies that go into making each.

she was redpilled
she knew the order was becoming corrupt

If I remember correctly, in the EU there was a sith during the Rule of Two who was a normal business owner that died surrounded by family and happy.

Actually I just looked him up.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vectivus

I like how we didn't get any build up to Barriss going dark. Like we could have had a few episodes with Barriss seeing some fucked up shift. I dunno, some buildup.

>If I remember correctly, in the EU there was a sith during the Rule of Two who was a normal business owner that died surrounded by family and happy.

Yeah, but that's EU. Shit that happened in there doesn't apply to Star Wars.

Use of the Dark Side can, and DOES warp one's nature for a thirst for power. And the Sith was the one, of many sects, who were the most immersed and knowledgeable about the Dark Side and how to wield it. Pain, suffering, death, fear, anger, aggression, conflict, these create the Dark Side and give a Sith power to draw upon.

The Sith go in hand with evil. You can have evil without Sith, but you cannot have Sith without evil. That's just the way it works.

One of the many reasons the EU needed to be erased

Wouldn’t that kind of ruined the twist though?

Legacy of the Force was nine books of horse shit planned by a writer who fucking hated Star Wars and got the other writers to go along with her bullshit. It's not really what you should pull from when citing stuff.

>tfw Filoni has confirmed she didn't die in Order 66 but otherwise has said nothing about her

Come on, Dave, give us the goods. Did she become an Inquisitor? Did Palpatine experiment on her? Tell us what happened!

I mean just a few scenes that kinda show how she got to this point. Like in the EU she was a healer, so imagine what a medic would see.

I'd rather he didn't tell us, it'd probably suck.

>we could have had a few episodes with Barriss seeing some fucked up shit
She almost dies on Geonosis with her master bein 'meh' about the whole thing. Then she had a brain worm enter her nose and control her to where she almost killed her friend and was only freed after nearly freezing to death.

I think she saw plenty.

>Did she become an Inquisitor?

We've seen the crop of the very first Inquisitors in the comics that take place shortly after RoTS. Barriss was not one of them.

In all, Barriss was too powerful and too well trained to become an Inquisitor. The ones who became them were so because they were not strong or particularly well skilled.

They were selected and further trained so that they could never pose a threat to the Sith. Barriss' prowess at the time of her betrayal far exceeded anything that the Inquisirors were capable of.
Even though Dave hasn't said anything. She was most likely put down in her cell when Orded 66 was enacted.

▲▲

▲ ▲

But like I said, I think he specifically confirmed that she survived Order 66. At least that's what I recall.

>I think he specifically confirmed that she survived Order 66.

Not to my recollection.

Regardless, she most certainly did not become an Inquisitor.

>tfw no grand Rebel Ahsoka vs Inquisitor Barriss grudge match
>tfw it won't end in them running away together in the spirit of their past friendship

Maybe but she definitely crazy considering her plan was to kill innocent people instead of doing anything else she could e just quit and publicly condemned the Jedi for being what they were

Dark side users could be less than evil but Siths are more or less evil personified as Jedi are good. Not in a moral sense but more as cosmic forces. Anyone inbetween is a force user. Hell, didn't Mace use some dark techniques? Didn't make him a Sith.

>Hell, didn't Mace use some dark techniques?

Only in the EU.

The only way he even comes close to Dark Side is that between him and Yoda, he was quicker to lean towards methods that were questionable for the Jedi as a whole, I.E. his forceful mind trick on Cad Bane, hiring Ventress to assassinate Dooku, ect.

In terms of how he handled himself in the ways of the Force, he never truly skirted the Dark Side like in the EU.