What if buff egomaniac Richard Watterson was default richard? How would this change the family dynamic?

What if buff egomaniac Richard Watterson was default richard? How would this change the family dynamic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I feel like there is enough cynicism in the show already, and making him too egotistical would make the show downright toxic.
That being said the idea of having /fit/ dad over the normal "stupid fatass" dad trope would be pretty interesting.
Make him another responsible straight man along with Nichole to balance out the wackiness of the kids, but while Nichole is the neurotic authoritarian, make Richard the "cool parent".
His MO would be all about letting the kids run wild and hurt themselves to "build character".
He wouldn't have a job still, preferring to stay home and work on his gains, rather than be tied to a job.
He wouldn't be as competitive as Nichole, but he would always humour her when she got into the mood, and would implore the kids to give it their best effort, only saying anything if Nichole had gone too far.
His major flaw would be similar to his original sell, with him being completely worthless when it comes to stuff like paying bills and managing the long term investments of the household.
I can see him still doing goofy stuff that leads the family into trouble, not because he's an actual retard, but because he holds too much faith in the goodness of people, and holds the belief that "everything will turn out fine as long as we have eachother" in high regard.

Tl;dr /fit/ naive devil-may-care Dad > Fat retarded manchild Dad

Thanks

Nicole wouldn't get mad so often, if you know what I mean.

>toxic
When did this SJW buzzword become acceptable to use here? Fuck off you landwhale.

Replace fat slob jokes with Buck Tuddrussel jokes; cocky muscular super strong dude who is too dumb to be useful outside of rare moments

How would their first encounter go? Like in the choices

>/fit/ Richard would still be a manbaby
>Just replace the fat jokes with stupid jock jokes
It would still be trash, but at least they wouldn't be going with the shitty fat dad trope that all over mainstream comedy.

This, actually, that's not bad.

I like the idea of Richard in this version starting off as the fat retard we know and "love", but gets inspired be a better man when he finds out Nicole is pregnant.
I can see it being made into a whole episode where he has this moment of self doubt about the whole relationship and goes of on a journey to better himself.

H I P P

You know what I like about this idea?
Not only does it get rid of the cancer that is Fat Idiot Dad trope, it also goes against the less horrible but still really annoying Beta Loser Dad trope.
In modern media you never see dads in a good light. Either they are complete morons or they are down on their luck slubs that the family shit on for next to no reason.
The idea of Richard being a happy, healthy, genuinely really cool dad, that isn't the hapless punching bag or the useless waste of space is the most refreshing thing i've seen here all month.

Shit episode with shitty art. Current Gumball was a mistake

I prefer this idea Tbh

>Slob Nicole
I won't lie and say that it wouldn't be interesting to see the trope reversal, but I don't see how this would make the show better for anyone but bbw fetishists.
Hell the idea of Fat Lazy Cunt Nicole actually fills me with a bit of rage just thinking about it.

I wasn't suggesting a fat Nicole, just role reversal. Any kind of non-angry Nicole would be better than what we have now.

Fantastically written, user. I would’ve loved to see Richard like that.

>partydogg
Eeeyyy

I don't think Nicole as she is is bad, she just has no equal force to balance her out.
Neurotic Hardworking Mom can and has been super fun, and seeing Nicole get super mad or get into a competitive shit fit was also super entertaining.
The problem comes in when she is portrayed as a STRONK INDEPENDENT WOMAN THAT IS HOLDING THE WHOLE FAMILY TOGETHER.
That type of narrative is just as tired as the Dad trope, and is something that the show has been falling for a lot lately.

I just want a more wacky Nicole and a less retarded Richard

Me too user..
Me too.

>In modern media you never see dads in a good light.
What are you talking about? We've been in the midst of a dad renaissance since the late 2000s, ever since we've got more women showrunners injecting their daddy issues into their cartoons.

He is as wacky and as his wife. Their son is the sane man.

I mostly meant in things where the family is the main focus.
I will admit that Mr. Diaz is an exceptional dad, but I can't think of anyone else so if you have more than one example feel free to blow my asshole out
Shout out to Greg from SU even if he kinda falls into the Beta Loser Dad trope.

Would Nicole rape Richard if she saw him all jacked?

>using Starvs as example of non stupid dads
Star's dad is as bad as Richard. Probably even worse

>Posts Mr. Diaz
>conveniently skips over the shining example of cancer from the very same show
Maybe "never" is a strong word, but it's pervasive as hell
For every "good" dad you will have three shit ones.

In American Dad,Francine actually acts stupider than Stan most of the time.

In American Dad the kids are the problem.

So not only would he continue to eat the family’s budget in terms of food, but now he’ll consume the shows budget in animating him. Looks like some characters are getting the pink slip.

>How would this change the family dynamic?
A Jefferson D'Arcy dynamic with kids.

Just like bobs burgers

Jock Richard wasn't good natured, i think it would be funnier to make him /fit/ incarnate, a meathead that thinks his muscles are going to make him competent and liked but he's just a jacked up sperg

Toxic is real and valid as any other word in the dictionary.
I am not going to stop using it because some fat turbodyke whales on some shitty internet site are using it too,and I'm especially not gonna stop using it because some fatass permavirgin gets triggered by it on a cantonese carpet weaving forum.

>Millennial parenting

Not even once.

I know original /fit/chard wasn't good natured, that's the first thing I said.
In this faggot's humble opinion, the show is already filled with tons of sarcasm and bad attitude, with very little heartwarming moments to balance it out.
The point of the rewrite was to move Richard away from being a retarded trope character, and make him into something better.
If you ask me, orginal /fit/chard is just as annoying as normal Richard, and switching one for the other would still leave the show shitty, just in a more original way.

>Sup Forums memes

/fit/ Richard is worse than normal Richard. Even his design is disgusting. Gumball artists are hacks

>In this faggot's humble opinion, the show is already filled with tons of sarcasm and bad attitude, with very little heartwarming moments to balance it out.

I dont think there needs to be a balance at all. The show isn't centered around a narrative, so the tone of the show is not important. As long as the humor is irreverent and cheeky it will be good.

I don't it to be 'nicer', i want it to be funnier and more original, that is what's gumball missing, good, new jokes and plots.

>I dont think there needs to be a balance at all
The show needs balance now more than ever before. The show is pretty unfunny right now

>i want it to be funnier and more original
In what way keeping Richard as an annoying, useless retard is "original"?

>In what way keeping Richard as an annoying, useless retard is "original"?

By making him be a useless chad, annoying chad and opening a number of new plots about it? This is a slapstick comedy

>All this fucking glorious thread
youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

Holy shit get better taste.

I don't see what's funny about a bunch of unlikable cunts shit on eachother.
The current show has none of the heart of the first few seasons, the characters have been stripped of everything that made them sympathetic, and now we a bunch of jerk doing stupid shit.
If i wanted that i'd watch Family Guy.

You aren't wrong, but I don't think that would make the show "better". Just because it's a comedy show doesn't mean we should care about the characters.
Not saying there should be lore, or an overarching plot, but seeing silly things happen to shitty people with no personality beyond their gimmick can only be entertaining for so long, you know?

Why? Gumball was never not like this, even when the characters werent assholes the show still rustled people for being "mean spirited".

I dont care, i want a funny 11 minute comedy cartoon. That's all that i and it's actual audience cares sbout.

>I don't see what's funny about a bunch of unlikable cunts shit on eachother.
>The current show has none of the heart of the first few seasons, the characters have been stripped of everything that made them sympathetic,

Do you people not remember anything about S1? Everything was out to shit on Gumball, episodes like the picnic, the GI and so on were ridiculous

The show is far more amicable now except around female characters for some reason.

>Why?
You want the same shit over and over. Richard as a retard doing stupid things? The show is full of that. Why not a change? Why not a wacky Nicole? Why not a less stupid Richard?

Rock star dad that hanged it up for family is a loser now?

>Richard as a retard doing stupid things? The show is full of that.

As opposed to what, saying witty one liners and quips? It's not that kind of show.

>Why not a change? Why not a wacky Nicole?

People complain she's too overpowered and crazy now too.

From the episodes we have seen she doesn’t seem to care much about the male forum at all. However that could be because she is super physically powerful on her own and wants to be the best of best so I think she would never find a fit strong man attractive.

i don't know what i like less
him being a typical fat ass
or a nigger

>As opposed to what
To other characters doing things

>saying witty one liners and quips? It's not that kind of show
There are a lot of quips in Gumball.

>People complain she's too overpowered and crazy now too
That why she should be less competent, more silly and troublemaker. An adult version of Gumball instead of an overpowered super woman that is always angry/disappointed

>To other characters doing things

So you're saying it's better to get rid of Richard instead, then

me irl

>but I can't think of anyone else so if you have more than one example feel free to blow my asshole out
Bernard is cool

River is a barbarian who hunts beasts for fun

>Beta Loser Dad trope.
How broad is this "troupe" exactly because this is starting to sound like if you are not a "chad" working 60+ hours a week you are this beta loser.

If you dont have a good career with enough to retire and care for your health going into your old age you're a doomed person

>comparing one note characters with regular characters

>If you dont have a good career
that's 90% of the population. Most people have jobs, it's rare as fuck to see someone actually stick to a single job for decades
>with enough to retire and care for your health going into your old age
That had dozens of factors however. I saved 90k in my youth from working and saving it all while my parents provided my means, my wife has been the bread winner for our whole marriage while I hop in and out of work and she has added about 160k in these 5 years meaning we have over a few years of retirement money and we have both just hit our 30s. I think this is just a mess of people trying to set up rules they feel they must abide by so everyone should.

Everyone gets old, user, that's a pretty universal rule

Yes and are you doing everything you should? And are you going to be mad if people cheat the system or worse all your years of preparing get strip away from you? Im not saying throw caution to the wind, but nothing stops you from having a hellish golden years.

The kids would we locked out of the house often and sent to Granny Jojo's on the weekends.
>Gumball: I can't believe they left us at Granny Jojo's hmph!
>Darwin: It can't be all that bad
>Anais: I wonder what mom meant by "taking care of adult buisness"?

>Granny Jojo: They're having sex kiddos...

That not what I meant by that at all.
They don't have to be a Chad, they don't even have to wear the pants in the family.
They just have to be able to have a backbone and have respect from their family unit or at the very least as much respect as the mother gets.
They can be wacky flawed characters but as soon as they start feeling like a hindrance to their families or a doormat for them to step on, that's when you get into the two tropes.

He is also shown to be completely inept without Moon, and had been shown to be a bumbling fool on several occasions.
He had potential but that was thrown out the window in order to play up the mother daughter relationship, which for that show is fine, just a bit annoying.
Either way, you really can defend River.
Not as shitty as some dads, but definitely not good.

>you really can defend River
You can't. He ruined his kingdom and doomed his people in a couple of days

Whoops i missed typed
I meant to say you can't

Not sure why my post was deleted, but I'll go ahead and repost it just in case it was a mistake

I feel like there is enough cynicism in the show already, and making him too egotistical would make the show downright toxic.
That being said the idea of having /fit/ dad over the normal "stupid fatass" dad trope would be pretty interesting.
Make him another responsible straight man along with Nichole to balance out the wackiness of the kids, but while Nichole is the neurotic authoritarian, make Richard the "cool parent".
His MO would be all about letting the kids run wild and hurt themselves to "build character".
He wouldn't have a job still, preferring to stay home and work on his gains, rather than be tied to a job.
He wouldn't be as competitive as Nichole, but he would always humour her when she got into the mood, and would implore the kids to give it their best effort, only saying anything if Nichole had gone too far.
His major flaw would be similar to his original sell, with him being completely worthless when it comes to stuff like paying bills and managing the long term investments of the household.
I can see him still doing goofy stuff that leads the family into trouble, not because he's an actual retard, but because he holds too much faith in the goodness of people, and holds the belief that "everything will turn out fine as long as we have eachother" in high regard.

Tl;dr /fit/ naive devil-may-care Dad > Fat retarded manchild Dad

Too realistic. Feminists would get the show canceled.

So because you might have some calamity befall you, it makes working for a better future pointless? What kind of logic is that? People call people losers because they cant even do the minimum to live safely, healthy and respectably.

I guess you didn’t read the whole post

Bump