What are some of your favorite, but underrated heroes that never showed up again after their debut Sup Forums?

What are some of your favorite, but underrated heroes that never showed up again after their debut Sup Forums?

Mine is this one.

I think he showed up in the GotG cartoon.

I saw that. But he's still never shown up i nthe comics ever again. It's a shame as I liked his weapon.

Too many X-Kids to count.

Someone actually liked Wraith? Holy shit, this is liking seeing a Unicorn!

I thought he was cool as well. Very underutilized.

>I thought he was cool as well.

How old are you?

>liking Wraith the edgiest of Edgelords

Nigga I love the shit out of DnA Guardians but that shit was so edgy my eyes were bleeding

Late 20's. No, I'm not an angsty teen.

How was he super edgey? He was by no means a Shadow the Hedgehog shitshow.

Wraith was so embarrassingly bad and reviled that he didn't even show up in the main Conquest miniseries apart from mandatory cameo.

They should bring him back as part of the reborn Kree Empire's New Starforce. Anyone else remember them?

Don't remember this group. What series did they appear in?

They were part of the Operation: Galatic Storm event in the Avengers titles back in the 90s, Ronan the Accuser was also part of the group. A few of them, like Korath, would show up in other cosmic stories later.

That explains it. I dipped out of comics in the 90's for quite a while.

Wraith was never in DnA Guardians you fucking poser.

He's got a good design and a cool story they just needed to turn down the edge. Or at least make it workable in like an Elric way.

Atlas and Minerva are some of my favorite side characters, I have no idea why nobody's bothered to bring them back and stick them in GOTG or something. I get that the movies made the core team famous so they're not going anywhere but the whole reason the Giffen/DnA Cosmic stuff was fun in the first place was because it gave underutilized and abandoned characters a chance to shine.

>liking Wraith
Fucking hang yourself.

give it another 5 or so years, we'll start getting New X-Men/Academy X fans as X-Men writers to replace the New Mutant/Gen X fags we have now

At least the mold endures.

I would definitely like some more stories about the Demon Druid and Tantalus.

That's actually a decent costume.

Someone care to explain just what it was about Wraith they think was edgelord?

I think that Minerva was brought back as a Carol villain. And I vaguely recall Captain Atlas being in a mini during the Infinity event.

I was interested in seeing more of Avril's exposed pits but even Spencer seemed to have zero idea what to do with her once crafted.

First of all, just look at him. His character design already screams OW THE EDGE.
Then there's his DARKNESS powers that literally feed on souls, his obsession with REVENGE, his personality in general and his inability to feel pain.

>Cool design and engaging characterisation
>Superhero reporter gimmick means involving him practically any type of story is easy as shit
>Sort-of-Urban-Fantasy New York filled with buildings unbuilt in real life is a great setting
>No one uses him after Seven Soldiers

It's weird. Orlando would rather fuck up Promethea than use a relatively simple character that's also a poc.

I always thought of him as sort of a space version of the Crow.

He even used the Subway Pirates in Midnighter if I'm remembering right.

>his inability to feel pain.
It was edgier than that, pain only made him feel more alive.

This is, without a doubt or any exaggeration, among the top ten worst books I have ever read. Every single page was worse and more poorly written than the last. The only redeeming quality to this trash is his sweet-ass design.

Could use a little clean-up, but I dig it.

He was a lone gunman with a dead family who couldn't remember his life or name, dressed in all black, wandering on a quest for VENGEANCE, fueled by nightmare shadow soul-feeding powers, who can ENDURE ANY PAIN and heals himself, who is an extremely accomplished soldier/killer. What the fuck are you talking about

That's different than Logan, how?

>fueled by nightmare shadow soul-feeding powers

This makes it worse. Plus his "ENDURING ANY PAIN" is like some weird masochistic thing, not just being a hardass.

But the primary differentiation is that Logan has had good material made about him, and Wraith hasn't.

What's that new comic coming out with super Skrull in it?

Infinity Countdown, he's the current owner/holder of one of the Infinity Stones (not gems, because synergy).

Is that out already?

No, still upcoming. Though I wouldn't get your hopes up as its a modern Marvel Event.

God damnit, thanks for the warning.

Why can't they just give me a book where Richard Rider and Kl'rt go on space adventures?

The Bakian Family.

>he doesn't know

Is his design really that "edgy"? He just looks like a dark elf, he isn't covered in spikes and piercings. I think he's got a really strong design. Maybe he'd fit more in a D&D guidebook.

She showed up in Family Feud and its sequel, Carnage USA, and then never appeared again.

The "original" Guardians of the Galaxy. Not the team from the 70's, but the specific incarnation that I was introduced to first.

What is this from?