The gifted

Why did they replace Polaris' love interest Havok to Eclipse ?
Did they do it
>1) to get diversty points
>2) to avoid direct connection to X-Men (as Havok's brother is a X-Men leader)
>3) to avoid copyright craps and hiring movie Havok
?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/10/24/the-gifted-polaris-jessica-jones-crossover-emma-dumont/
sentinelservices.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because of continuity genius. This is connected to DOFP. And havoc is dead.
Plus he is a better Character than Havoc.

i heard nothing offical about that theyre connected.

they could've get him to this show somehow, teleporting before the explosion and getting amnesia. but yeah, would've looked forced.

>Mr Sinister
could he be Dr Campbell?

Cause no one like Havok.

I'm just confused as to why they didn't call him Sunspot

>i heard nothing offical about that theyre connected.
That's the good thing about it. They don't really bank much on SYNERGY!!!! like Agents of Shield does for example. That's a good thing, especially for a first season.
But you can't deny that in some stage of development of this show they were working off of DOFP.
>Thunderbird for Warpath
>I can't believe it's not Sunspot!
>Blink
Bishop is still missing, but who knows maybe they'll actually go and make a time travel plot at some point.

New Mutants movie is coming out soon and has a different version of Sunspot. I really wish people would stop giving a fuck about that sort of stuff, but apparently they still do.

>New Mutants movie is coming out soon
delayed to 2019

>a time travel plot at some point.
maybe in Deadpool 2 , if Cable is there...

Because Havoc was born in the 40s, and The Gifted is set contemporaneously.

You're talking as if six months is huge. Justice League, for example, would have benefited from delays, if they had used them for improving CGI, so if that's a reason for NM, it just means a better (hopefully) movie, not that I'm going to watch it because I generally avoid horror as the stupid waste of time it is.

New Mutants was in production when this was in (pre-?)production so they didn't let them use Sunspot. It's that easy.

>copyright craps

20th Century Fox owns the rights. Their TV production studio is the maker of the show. The same people that are the listed producers of the movie franchise since the first trilogy are listed for this show and have some say in how things are done, just not the day to day crap (but definitely things like which mutants are used). The same parent company of the film and tv studio owns FOX Broadcasting, so WTF are you smoking, son.

>Polaris' love interest Havok to Eclipse

It's a different continuity. Sort of like Colossus' love interest is now Wade, versus being Kitty and it was never Kitty in the first trilogy or in the one film of the new trilogy in which he appeared, got it?

Plus, he's not Eclipse. He's a new character with slightly similar powers.

>Colossus' love interest is now Wade
wut

I like Eclipse. I think it's cool that he can vary his powers between offensive (lasers, or whatever they are) and defensive (bright light) as needed rather than just being a beam cannon all the time.

>This show
I'm not saying we should kill all the telepaths, but we should probably kill all the telepaths. Waifukino or not, that's some fucked up shit they get into on the regular.

And I laughed long and hard when in the finale Polaris proved that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

>nerds arguing about nerd shit

Just watch the show and enjoy it for what it is.

Is it just me or does that guy in the OP image look like a non midget Peter Dinklage?

Havok died in 1983.

Eclipse's powers seem different enough from Havok, Sunspot or Sunfire, not to mention his backstory of working for a cartel. He's a well written OC

Sean Teale is clearly Oscar Issac lite.

They've all but said that Eclipse is philosophically set up to be the Xavier to Polaris' Magneto so that should make for an interesting dynamic next season.

yes Havok is kill and that's in theory part of that, if they didn't touch the Foxverse much, I haven't seen the last 2 episodes, they can itroduce him in season 2, Emma Dumont want a crossover with Jessica Jones ...
comicbook.com/marvel/2017/10/24/the-gifted-polaris-jessica-jones-crossover-emma-dumont/

where do you think you are ?

her lesbo-senses are tlinging? or just luke cage made her think...?

Havok had stupid death. He should be fine. idk, maybe Sinister teleported him away in the right moment, or Cable or whoever. Wasnt the blast even nuclear? Maybe he just absorbed it .. as he absorbs solar energy and turns into plasma himself .. or something like this
He should be fine.
He and Scott used to be a duo as well anyway, like the Strucker kids, amplifying eachother

Evil AoA Havok is fun, but regular Havok is very boring waste of space.

>Eclipse is philosophically set up to be the Xavier to Polaris' Magneto
Damn, Xavier/Magneto pairing fucking confirmed.

>Two evil and depressed goth chicks
Hello, erection.

So Eclipse is nominally for surviving and learning to coexist while secretly torturing/mindwiping people on the side?

Actually, that's not too far off, with the cartel connections.

The people who make the show said it's an "alternate timeline" which basically means "it connects to the movies except when we accidentally retcon something"

No, Eclipse has no plans or resources that Xavier had. He's just a mong, whining about innocents when those innocents would've had him crucified.

Are you Esme, Sophie, or Phoebe?

I could really do without this.
The Hellfire Club doesn't have to be The Brotherhood and the mutant resistance doesn't have to be a literal X-Men team.

I'm not them. I'm with them.

>I'm With Her!
>And Her
>Also Her

they arent depressed, they are depressive.

Blink was depressed. i would cuddle my jizz out of her

By all means, keep her.

i dont remember that scene at all

2nd best girl?
>Detected possible malicious code in image file.

Not according to the list.

The dude from Trask brought up that they're still dealing with the PR fallout from the older Sentinel models.

Which would imply it's the 'new' timeline, right?

I've determined it definitely can't be the original movie timeline because they had a mutant cure in that one and 'The Gifted' has made it clear that such a thing still doesn't exist in their world (yet).

>a corpse is second best
Mutie lovers.

Leave multifu alone!

Seriously though, weird sexual feelings that I still don't quite understand aside, you're 100% right. Those girls are fucked in the head.

do you think they're like twins who need significant others who are the same too?

sisters can be weird

haha been there when that bait was made on Sup Forums

but
Blink > daughter > mother > Frost > mindwasher > Sage > Polaris

Are they even distinct enough from each other where they would seek out something like romantic companionship as individuals?

I want S2 to explain more about just how the fuck they actually work.

>Blink at the top

Enjoy half of your body ending up in another state because she can't control her powers.

>Blink
but she's the worst Blink, this is Blink

Well it is shown that the "CURE" in X3 didn't work. Which is why Magneto still has his powers.

Why are the Cuckoos so smug?

they're teleshits, they're all like that

Because they know what you're thinking.

I need a mutie edit of this

They did it for the steamed hams.

lol no. that chink has no shape on her face at all.
also no character at all, just shoot portals everywhere in the movie, and thats all.

Gifted Blink is qt af with actual personality

get tested sentinelservices.com/

>this website
>this "camera feed"

Are they trying to tell us the school had a hidden camera feed of... the boys' showers?

The legacy of Brian Singer.

Hell, that's apparently "CAM03"
There's at least 2 more, somewhere.

>putting them in the boys' showers when you could be watching the tittymonster Strucker instead

>Gifted Blink is qt af
She looks like the ugliest girl from the cheapest brothel in Manila

do they deliver wifes to europe?

Like I said, at least 2 more cameras. There's potential here.

It acted as a temporarily suppressor at least. I have to assume that if such a thing existed in the 'Gifted' universe Sentinal Services would be packing a whole bunch of it when engaging rogue mutants.

>Aurora Borealis

Can I see it?

Also worth noting those 'security' cameras are almost perfectly at dong level.

is this much worse ?

I haven't seen it yet, but I hear it's pretty shit.
I just watched through all of The Gifted and it was quite enjoyable, so I'll be able to compare them both in the eight hours it'll take me to watch it.

I heard they don't actually run away until the last episode.

Which is kind of funny if true.

I enjoyed The Gifted, but something about Agent Turner kept bugging me. It's hard to describe, but it felt like a different character was supposed to be in his shoes. It felt like we were supposed to be dealing with some "cop about to go crooked"/captain Ahab like character. A man obsessed with the hunt, and that's kind of what we got, but the impact never really felt like it was there.
His wife for instance was a complete waste of space and potential. Normally for his type of character, you'd expect her purpose to be the distraught and neglected wife, begging for her husband to abandon his lust for vengeance... but instead we just get a
>I'm gonna be working late tonight honey. Muties and all
>oh, okay dear. Let me just turn sideways so the audience can't see me anymore.
And we ALMOST get something with the
>what are you doing in our baby's NAME!?
moment... then nothing. Oh well.
This is a man who was knowingly sending people to a black ops mind control super soldier gulag. As an act of a man with burning hatred in his heart this'd make sense, but he just seemed to blasé about it.
His acting just always kinda felt like someone just grabbed random cop/agent from procedural crime drama #31755 and injected him into the world.

I also think the show does itself a disservice by trying to give the mutants too many allegory hats to wear, but I guess that's another problem.

With your first grievance, I completely agree.
Just before watching through it all yesterday, I looked it up and, according to one of the people in charge, they were aiming for like character depth or some BS for Turner.
I can see that that's what they were going for, but he was just a disjointed mess.
I assumed things would have changed after that scene with his wife, but then he goes back to "muties REE" shortly afterwards because of the Cuckoos shenanigans.
Maybe they'll fix things next season, and I fucking hope so, but it just seems they really don't know what to do with him.

>trying to give the mutants too many allegory hats to wear
Oh yeah, mutants have always been a stand-in for a variety of outcasts, but keep it focused.
Don't go for mudshits, then gays, ect.
It played out that way in the comics, but that's the sliding timescale.
Choose one for a current show and stick to it.

Exactly, that's what I mean about the allegories. It's actually funny to see how they go pretty far to show this perfect rainbow coalition of mutie haters every time there's a rally or what have you. Blacks, Whites, Mexicans, men and women. Everyone in comical harmony, united against the mutant menace. It's so perfect, I'd swear Ozymandias blew up that park.

the dialogues and the cast, other than Molly, looks better, but the serie seems childish

>but it just seems they really don't know what to do with him

The problem is that as soon as you start including evil superscientists and actual supervillains a cop kind of pales in comparison.

This show is worse than the tomorrow people

... No.

Fucking muties.

Yeah, I agree. Don't really know where they're going with him, I can't tell if he's turning good or bad or just fading into irrelevancy. One of the worst characters on the show.

why did they kill of Lorelei on the gifted bois?

I thought he'd slowly come around to the mutants, but it seems the gameplan is for him to go full Captain Ahab 'till it kills him.

It's frustrating because everyone and their grandma knows the tropes they could use for the guy, but they never quite finish filling in any of the boxes. It doesn't feel like subversion either, unless "character limps listlessly towards an archetype, then forgets why he's there and goes home" is some deep next level mark of brilliance they're trying out.
>Mr.Dull is dull, but also a character you should care about
why?
>Because he lost his daughter! Pathos!
oh, fair enough. So now what?
>He's going to keep being dull. Now he's going to start working with this Mengele like guy
okay, so he's gone off the deep end? He's a villain, right?
>ehhh... nah. We'll still act like he's troubled by this. He has good intentions after all
He has good intentions, with the mind control slave soldiers?
>Yeah! He's kinda sorta conflicted about it too! That's what good people do right? Feel kinda bad about the atrocities they endorse.

Mcu chode incoming.

they should keep him for housewife for Thunderbird, and keep Blink single for eternity for the fans

why is their no Gifted comic?

Because is tied to the Fox movies and they should remove the X-Men comics and the serie is shit, have some waifus but that's all . Would be better Legion, don't know if they are doing something with him ...

Milligan's writing a Legion mini
just want Polaris on a team being cute

He’s Ahab, bro.

Polaris is in X-Men Blue

She's going to be possessed by Malice again

oh that team is too crowded with the O5 so I haven't kept up
does she get any spotlight or is it like a current Husk/Generation X situation where she's stuck in the periphery

Well she was recently erased from the timeline because the shitty BotA Brotherhood killed Magneto in the past

But no she hasn't gotten much focus

He's plane wreckage, bro

Polaris should consider an addition to her new supervillain outfit.

>tfw no qt jihad mutie waifu

Is your mutant power having no face?

Polaris is the new Black Queen right? So she's getting the BDSM suit?