Bcb - Bittersweet Candy Bowl

Gee, Sue. Stop trying to help people. We all know how it went the last time

>Sue
Oh boy.

[glass her]

Did he finally punched him? Because I want to see that shit.

CALLED IT

Fuck the general consensus, Sue is my best girl. The one no-nonsense voice of reason.

Sue's pose in panel 1 is actually very dynamic,I wonder if the life drawing is paying off?

Oh, yeah, it worked so well with Abbey that he forgot all about it two days later

David was in the table when that happened. I guess Vero just ignored that fact and didn't make him go after Mike or even make a reaction for him.

As loathe as I am to defend Taeshi's writing, isn't that sort of what she's implying here?

>big gay dog doing something

And then they fug

What's the matter, Mike? Coming to the slow bitter realization that everybody loves Lucy and that all your friends are shit?
Why don't you slam Sue's head into the lockers while you're still in the zone, god knows things aren't going to get any better from here so you might as well enjoy it.

Rape her

Stop reading Bittersweet Candy Bowl.

You can't do that without a proper reaction image

I haven't read this comic but every time I see pages of it Grey Cat is being a whiny emo faggot, wtf is his problem

He's not still in the zone. He's entering the post-punch guilt/regret stage where he wishes he hadn't done that but is still too pissed off to say so.

Wait so Daisy's party was Saturday, right? We assume that this is Monday, right? Despite Sandy not texting him back in a few days Mike was cool enough with his friends to go to the party and be upbeat enough to play volleyball with them.

Now he seems to hate them all. Is he super pissy about earlier in this chapter when everyone was swarming Lucy or what?

His long distance girlfriend is ignoring him and possibly stringing him along
And the girl he told to fuck off is back after a long break from school and living a better life than he is, and also doesn't want anything to do with him any more even though he's finally willing to talk things out
People warned him about the girlfriend thing being unhealthy and he's bitter that they are right
He's basically realized the girl he told to fuck off, despite her problems, was a better and more available friend than the girlfriend all along.

Mike is becoming self aware
He's becoming one of us

It's like a small bilge pump on a animu Titanic.

It might try it's hardest to salvage the situation, but the sheer huge amount of liquid shit the weeb bait brings along negates any effort easily.

A little out of left field, but y'all ever wonder if Mike would be better suited for characters that exude less drama like Amaya or Sue?

Better? Should I remind you the problem was being a violent tsundere?

Sandy is still miles better just because she doesn't beating him. Of course she's still bad, but at least Mike doesn't have to worry about scrapped knees or kicks to the face around her.

Ins't David a pacifist or something? Like he's incapable of being violent?

Undoubtable. Mike is very popular, too bad he is too caught up with Sandy to realize he could always move on to greener pastures.

>Coming to the slow bitter realization that everybody loves Lucy and that all your friends are shit?
>Lucy hasn't come up in conversation.

>Implying it's not Mike's need to want pity from others about his fabulous girlfriend.

Not even a Paulofag and this shit its clearly obvious. Mike is that kid who constantly needs people to pat him on the head and tell him "There there. It's not your fault." rather than getting over it.

Lucy was improving by the time he snapped at her, but he refused to see it.
In all bci "what if" futures, Lucy has generally been more level headed and kind than Sandy. She just needed to grow up.

>Lucy was improving by the time he snapped at her, but he refused to see it.
She did improve a bit, but not even close to make up for all that happened.

>In all bci "what if" futures
We shouldn't count on bad people hoping they become better in the future. That isn't how things works.

Yeah I think it's a combination of his girl abandoning him and no one abandoning Lucy that's starting to get to him

>Mike finally admits it's Lucy that's bothering him
>"Dude you're the one who called her a parasite and wanted her to leave you alone, we're not gonna stop being friends with her just because you hate her"
If something like this doesn't happen I will be slightly bitter.

Now now, let's stop pretending Lucy is a good alternative to Sandy.
Being alone is better than being with Lucy, and I'm including all versions of Lucy up until now

She was pretty sympathetic in the bci where she gets pregnant. And a good mom. She's also seemed nice in stream requests involving her adult self.

It's not Lucy, it's lack of Sandy.

I think she's implying that exact thing

Yes, but that's like ten years from now on.

It's a mix of both, his obsession with getting a response from Sandy spiked after Lucy told him to fuck off.

she improved a little bit but not enough to make up for the years of being tsundere.

again, a point about this comic is that people don't just forgive and forget what you do

>Lucy hasn't come up in conversation.
Yeah, I know, I'm trying to go by subtext here. The first two pages of the chapter focus on two major things
1. Mike being bummed by the continued radio-silence from Sandy
2. Contrasted with Lucy being paraded by her friend-harem (and Mike clearly noticing)

Today's page with Sue saying they've noticed how tense he's been lately and his response being "Gee, I wonder why" and looking off into the distance. It feels like it's coming back to how everybody's been riding Lucy's dick while he's being mostly ignored.
>Mike is that kid who constantly needs people to pat him on the head and tell him "There there. It's not your fault." rather than getting over it.
You're not wrong either, but I don't think it's a one-or-the-other thing

I dunno' if he's intentionally being ignored so much as he's unwilling to engage with anyone who isn't Sandy. Lucy isn't around the group 100% of the time.

Either way he obviously wants a girlfriend, or 'friend who's a girl' who's almost like a mother to him that he can still possibly stick his dick into.

Dude needs to get out of the relationship game and get himself straightened out.

>mother to him that he can still possibly stick his dick into.

Those are normal. They are called wives.

Who is always wrong.

> 'friend who's a girl' who's almost like a mother to him that he can still possibly stick his dick into.
That's pretty normal.

I know she is. I was laughing at Sue, not at Taeshi

>Being alone is better than being with Lucy, and I'm including all versions of Lucy up until now
>up until now

I'm pretty happy to see that Mike noticed he has shitty friends

I thought you meant now as in all versions depicted until realtime "now", so my bad. Under those terms I agree, and Lucy does too (hence saying she shouldn't be with anyone).

So what DID Mike mean? Was Lucy the Mike to his Lucy just like he was the Mike to her Lucy, but he was in denial as long as his girlfriend remembered to acknowledge his existence every now and then?

>dude
Since when did Sue ever talk like this?

>people talk the same way their entire life
I dunno man

So after Sue being a non-entity for the ENTIRE COMIC (save "Critical Hit") and even embracing that fact as a joke in side material, suddenly Sue is legit the no-nonsense voice of reason friend who really wants to help.

The comic only covers two and a half years.

>Was Lucy the Mike to his Lucy just like he was the Mike to her Lucy

he's saying he meant it in the moment because he was in an explosive place, not unlike the mike we see this chapter who is in an explosive enoguh place to shove paulo's face into a table. mike has a temper. his temper leads him to say things his normal self wouldn't mean.

in the page you linked mike's principal failing is staying silent in panels 4 through 7. he should've elaborated that while what he said at the time was uncalled for, the words he spoke were the result of a long period of abuse from lucy to himself and he should've been able to state that while he is deeply sorry for the things he said at the time he doesn't feel lucy is completely without blame either.

ultimately mike got what he wanted from the 'kill yourself' exchange anyway- lucy stopped being a cunt to him by leaving his life and eventually ignoring him when she came back into it.

however, mike doesn't want to be ignored completely by her. he loves the attention she gives her. it fills the romantic void sandy doesn't fill with him. he wants the tsundere affection with none of the rude tsundere-ness.

Sue has never seemed to like Mike (ancillary material claims she had now-expired a crush on him but I don't think you can find it in the comic) and seemed quite hostile after Lucy left because she figured Mike had something to do with it so her appealing to friendship now is pretty wonky.

Depicting normal friendships rather than fixations or romantic attractions has always been a weak point of this comic. Sue has only ever seemed to care about Amaya and Lucy.

How much tech advantage I need before taking one of China's substates?

Hm, I guess I figured why Sue makes me angry.
She reminds me of a girl I know that treats every other girl like angel and guys like pieces of shit

A lot, considering your technical error just now

>legit
Chapter isn't finished yet, there's still time for her to fuck this up.

wrong thread, lad

Ops.

>however, mike doesn't want to be ignored completely by her. he loves the attention she gives her. it fills the romantic void sandy doesn't fill with him. he wants the tsundere affection with none of the rude tsundere-ness.
Doesn't really fit with his behavior between his rejection of Lucy in ch. 51 and his blow-up in ch.68 ("December"). He genuinely seemed annoyed by everything about her. Look at irritated he gets when she showers him with attention for mothering her over her flu.

>everybody's been riding Lucy's dick while he's being mostly ignored
Oh no, I'm calling bullshit. Mike, mostly ignored? The only person who is ignoring him is Sandy. The rest of Mike's friends have been hanging out with him as much as with Lucy, if not more. Every lunch they are with him at his precious lunch table.
They even have been less shitty to him ever since Rachel's party. Talking penis Paulo has been checking on him when he has been in his sulky moods. Daisy would jump and suck both his metaphorical and real dick so hard black holes would get jealous, if Mike had let her. Sue is literally asking him what is wrong right now.
Mike needs to pull his head out of his ass and either see that Sandy is not the only friend he has, or to abandon all the people he does not count as friends but still hangs out around. He can't keep ignoring everyone's attention and whining about not getting any at the same time, it's pre-December Lucy levels of retarded.

what a fucking baby.

Dialouge's a little shitty but it's not as bad as some of Jasmine's lines a few pages back.

You know what the problem is?

When I read this: I don't believe it

>making Mike the bad guy so Lucy can talk down to him
How transparent can one person's writing get?

>Talking penis Paulo

But previously Lucy was the bad guy so Mike could talk down to her

That begs the question, what is believable post Lucy gone or post Lucy return?

Given how central Lucy was to the core group of six (Mike, Paulo, and Sue were all focused on her and Daisy was jealous of her), the dynamic really should have changed when she was gone for nearly a year.

I don't think the group dynamic as opposed to various pair dynamics has ever been fleshed out for this to actually be true, though.

>Oh no, I'm calling bullshit. Mike, mostly ignored? The only person who is ignoring him is Sandy. The rest of Mike's friends have been hanging out with him as much as with Lucy, if not more.
Oh, I agree fully. It's all in Mike's head. I guarantee if Sandy were replying to his texts he'd be tuning every out. Nobody's -actually- ignoring him, but he's definitely resenting the attention they're giving to Lucy and probably getting jealous (I assume, still just going by subtext. If I'm wrong, I guess we'll see as the chapter continues).
Keep in mind too; Only a year before, Mike practically had a harem following him around and showering him with attention. It wasn't until spent the year practically waving his cell phone in everyone's face yelling "Fuck off! I have a girlfriend!" that people started giving him space, and now he's mistaking that space for people not caring.

No, clearly we're meant to think he was in the wrong in December.

What a shame.

That deep burn hasn't healed and he's only proving her observation.

I think you guys aren't taking in consideration how shitty Mike's friends are.
Yeah, sure, he likes receiving attention, but the way people talk about his relationship might have taken its tool on how he see his "friends"

t b h I'd feel alone too, even if they talked to me

>Mike: Rejects Lucy maturely
>Friends: You're such an idiot! Date Lucy already blah blah!, Lucy's a saint and you're always in the wrong!

Some "friends" you got there Mikey boy

Well remember Mike had no solid proof of their relationship until he got a phone and Sandy actually showed up, and nobody else was in contact with her to verify.

Maybe he actually felt Paulo deserved it and refused to do anything?

Though love hurts. His phone "relationship" clearly isn't healthy when he needs a freaking text to function.

>yfw da sue wins da candyb owl

>Mike: Rejects Lucy maturely
Eh, he was kind of a whiner about it to be honest

IDK why Lucy thought she stood a chance when he'd been up Sandy's bony model butt for a long time by then.

>>Mike: Rejects Lucy maturely
Is this a joke? Are you inviting me out for a ruse cruise?

I don't put out until third date.

It happened a year ago in comic time, eight years ago in real time, AND his shit friends immediately got off his case once he showed them that Sandy was not just a lame excuse to keep his true love for Lucy bottled up, in the very same chapter your post is referencing.
I think it's time you let it go.

>chocco doggo
>not standing up for his boi polo

Just saying his friends or anyone their so called circle of friends including Mike have never treated each other like friends.

That's the point.

This is before the "Mike wanted the P when they were 12 but she kicked him out of her house" thing was added via flashback a lot later.

We could've had Mike in a relationship that wasn't toxic? Why do I feel this sense of loss?

I don't think she did, it seemed like she just wanted to let it out. Mike could have given a better response, though.

If I went to my friends and said I had a gf they wouldn't demand proof from me, wtf kind of people you are hanging with, user?

That's agreeable, but what his "friends" did most of the time was and not pointing that out.

Seems pretty well handled, considering he is, like, 15? Maybe not maturely, but certainly not disrespectful.
A lot better than

>A lot better than (You)
but that's the same scene

These are also middle-schoolers/young high schoolers. Sandy and Mike's relationship is basically another version of "Oh yeah but she goes to a different school".

I meant the "kicked off the house" thing

I never had shitty friends, especially in high school

Thanks to social media influence on the author, he now wants to give Polo the knot instead of a helping hand.

Think your friend could be making up having a girlfriend- especially when he has no proof of a relationship with her- doesn't make you shitty. Like others said, they backed off once he had proof that Sandy existed and knew him.

Yes it does, especially if your friend is like Mike. Mike would never lie about this