JSA Storytime: Question

Good evening owls,

hey this imagery is familiar

I, for one, eagerly await the beating Slotto's ego will take when he realizes no one buys Iron Man comics

>FORTUNATE SON BLARES

Great cover

i meant to read that Nuke storyline in Weapon X but I forgot

>Those questions will begin to be answered in April’s The Hunt for Wolverine, a 40-page comic by Death of Wolverine writer Charles Soule and Defenders artist David Marquez announced by Marvel on Friday evening. The comic, which appears to be a one-shot, is said to “reveal the timeline of events that leads to Logan’s shocking return to the Marvel Universe.”

>In May, The Hunt for Wolverine spins out into four separate stories, each with a different genre bent and furthering the story of the ultra-popular X-Men character’s return: the action-adventure Adamantium Agenda, horror story Claws of the Killer, dark romance Mystery in Madripoor and noir/detective tale Weapon Lost. Format and creative teams for those four stories have not yet been announced.

Marvel sure is ready to make money off of Wolverine again. 5 what I assume will be #1s lol.

I'm willing to bet that the move wasn't voluntary.

i'm hoping he's good but it's funny to see them try to make Iron Man happen again with Slott. I'm reading the recent Epic that came out that's O'Neil and Luke McDonnell and it's fine. still want that JrJr omni

like people give Carol shit but she's not the only Avenger who they keep pushing an ongoing for.

more Brie Larson Captain Marvel stuff trickling out and I'm gonna be the worst defending mai waifu

>not hype for RETURN OF PATCH

Hey remember this

>Guardians of the Galaxy became a hit comic when Bendis started writing it before the Guardians movie came out last summer, and Marvel editorial was tasked this year with similarly raising the status of Iron Man, adds David Gabriel, senior vice president for sales and marketing. "The one way you did that at Marvel is put Brian Bendis on the book. We really want to see Iron Man at the top of the sales charts the way we see him at the top of the movie charts all over the world."

L
O
L

Wasn't it just that he bust free from the Adamantium Cocoon?

But, it is Wolverine, so I guess we need a whole thing about it.

How the fuck did Soule get the Bring Back Wolverine book is what i wanna know. he wasn't setting the world on fire back when he first wrote Wolverine

To be fair the first couple months it sold great and then people remembered it's an Iron Man comic

This makes those "post-credit" scenes even dumber than they already are. Those are supposed to be "what has he been up to."

I find it utterly fascinating when you can tell when a critic's formative period in comics reading was and that they can't fucking let go of it, viz.

bookriot.com/2018/01/15/blue-beetle-representation-and-dcs-missed-opportunities/

1) writer is incredibly hung up on post-Infinite Crisis and hasn't read much to either side of it, or else that's not what's imprinted, see above

2) writer is clearly not reading New Super-Man, and accordingly bitches inaccurately about the Great (or Big, lol) Ten

>post credit
lmao is that what they were really calling it?
Just call it back ups like DC did ffs

It's literally what they are calling it.

And come on, shit like Vibe had TV synergy, prominent in-house ads, and was tied into a JLA team written by Johns that led into an event.

How is that not trying to support that shit?

gonna start up my jobhunt on Monday, need to keep my mind off of it this weekend

Slott's non-ASM work is all genuinely great

>they're in different issues too
>in only 1 X Men book

Seriously

lol i was gonna post about that person's iron fist article yesterday but decided not to. mainly because it's taking the book in some real bad faith moreso than being wrong

(not wrong that it's crazy Iron Man+Spider-Man Jaime isn't HUGE for DC)

His Silver Surfer is godawful, the only saving grace is Allred's art.

that's horrible, fucking horrible

I like Jaime a lot and yes that post-IC book is real good but the "b-but just make MORE of it!" has gotten to a pitch of irritation for me

It's terrible. In the two issues so far, there have been two pages of:
>Wolverine going into a random bar looking for a "beefy blond guy" and being told that he isn't there.
>Wolverine leaving flowers for his "friend" Jane Foster, and not leaving a note

To make that Thor one work I'm assuming that there's something in the flowers he needs to get to Falcon or Odinson.

Was Jane even Thor when he died?!?

This is the kind of shit I like to see shared quickly on Twitter/Tumblr as public shaming for such cheap cockteasing

He just got forgotten as quickly as Johns stopped giving a shit about JLA.

It's a fucking disgrace.

Hello, Storyteller.

Fuck winter. It not acceptable for everything to be so damn cold.

Was Wolverine really even gone?

he was stuck in an adamantium cocoon so i guess technically not.

Technically yes but they brought in two Wolverines to have books to make up for sales lost on the normal Wolverine

I hate being cold

He was "dead" in an adamantium cocoon, but then they promoted X-23, her clone, and then recruited Old Man Wolverine.
Then last year they brought Ultimate Wolverine's kid over, and resurrected Daken.

sexism in politics, nothing new

See, this is when they should have made that Wolverines weekly.

>52
>interesting election

Eisenhower winning in a landslide?

Kenshiro?

>no number on the stump

smdh

Hey OP. I finished reading Chew. Comic books counts as books when you've got a backlog of them too, right?

You just know a book like this could never happen today, since readers demand comics be devoid of any politics or exploration it social issues. Everything must be bland, safe, and uniform, or else the SJWs win or something.

mmmmmaybe

I think this book would make a wide range of people angry or discomfited. It'd be way too SJW but you also just know people would idk want to defend the honor of East St. Louis from being fictionalized by some white guy

But there’s plenty of books that have political themes today.

But Iron Man's never worked for the Bugle before! Brand new paradigm! And then the totally unprecedented more of replacing Tony Stark as Iron Man with Crimson Dynamo.

>replacing Tony Stark as Iron Man with Crimson Dynamo

1000% on board if Slott want's to make Tony a hardcore commie.

Fuck Jean Grey memesters, Logan is one that should stay dead.

But...Slott single handedly made ASM a top selling comic(despite it having sold far better pre OMD). At least that's what his fans believe

And conveniently ignoring how O’Neil is from St. Louis, it’s sad how predictable these people are.

Tony Stark, twitter rose shitposter

Solid one panel gag cartoon here.

Confession time: these two pages have helped me through a *lot* of bad times. The whole issue is a fantastic example of comic book storytelling, but this message has stuck with me to this day.

all i can think of is Homer and the Johnny Cash coyote

it's a message grounded in a lot of reading and personal practice. it's a good message.

this fucking page

Every goddamn time

delicious delicious 3x3

ideal use of repeated panels

Vic is imperfect, like we all are, but damn if sometimes he isn't legitimately wise, because that last panel is a laser cut

Oh easily. Just look at the hilariously pathetic debacle that was the announcement of Green Lantern Rebirth. So many were pissed off that the writer described Oliver Queen as a literal social justice warrior. That's where we are now, comics are not allowed to be about anything anymore, not even with characters who were straight up designed to be political. Could you imagine how an original flavor Question series would go over? And especially since Renee would likely be the protagonist, it'd be a total shitstorm.

Yes, and all are angrily shouted down by the 'core' readership for daring to step out of line.

It's the part about acceptance that really gets to me. A lot of inspirational messages are of the "When you're going through Hell, keep going" kind, of toughing it out and keeping on out of the idea that eventually, at some point in the future, you'll get somewhere good. And that works for some people, but it sure as fuck didn't for me. Because the more I toughed it out, the less energy I had to deal with it, and my problems grew harder and longer (hehe) as a result. Then I re-read this run and came back to this issue and it was just exactly what I needed. Not just the part about acceptance, but about past and future not existing. It's the kind of message you just don't get in the majority of comics, and I'll cherish it probably forever.

>Vic's face where another red panel would be
>Vic talking about how he wanted to repeat what he'd gone through
Fucking GENIUS.

A big problem is that New52 Blue Beetle was"more of that" in all the wrong ways. Ie. An inferior remake.

Right, so I'm not the only one who thinks this scorpion is cute, right?

It only happens a handful of times, but there's moments in this run where Vic gets into some really extreme clarity, especially when reading a person. When he's doing benevolently it's cool, but when he's doing it to basically cut through whatever mask the other guy is wearing and spill his guts all in front of him so he can see just what he's got inside... shit's hardcore.

Nobody is under any obligation to buy something they don't want to read. If people want to read it, then it will sell. If it sells it keeps going.
There's nobody working at Denny's level right now, and that's at least what us required.

Right, I totally agree on that. And it's clear they want to make Jaime happen, but I'm not sure they know how, although it doesn't feel like the latest go-around was obligatory in the way that, IDK, the current X-books feel obligatory, like "we have to have something with this title"

>taught us about honor

i need more backstory on dude because i'm holding back real hard about how he probably killed a bunch of southeast asian kids or something equally horrible.

Great Shakespeare use

You're absolutely right, you would also have people scream if you don't follow a very specific style of politics. In fact, these people would be probably be pissed at the ending of a Question issue that is coming up very soon

I am really liking the cinematography of this issue.

Goddamn

Oh yeah, I read Cinder and Ashe, and this goes along with it quite nicely. There's some very bad coloring in the rips I found, but that doesn't ruin the excellent panel work.

I'm pretty happy and impressed that the issue lived up to that amazing cover

Hal as curious/explorer is a quality I'd like to see more often and in a more concrete form than JMD trippy Spectre

god I still can't believe that "you've never flown with ME" story with Kyle got through

This.
Fucking.
Page.
And remember, this was a two-issue arc, completely standalone. Look at what O'Neil, Cowan and co do with just two issues.
Christ, what a good fucking run.

to be fair, they are prestige/large issues, but still

>is the klan taking over Hub City

OH BOY

Watch as John Byrne rubs his filthy cock over everything you love!

please no

They we're regular saddle stitched books with nice paper iirc.

That whole Manhunters subplot was insane

that evolution of Clark from crawling to flying is pretty great though.

not worth losing the legion but

reminder 2018 is the 60th anniversary and it's the only thing keeping me sane for them coming back

Jim Starlin's husbando, there, I answered it for you

let's read another because I don't have to work tomorrow

*were

would the Legion fit in For All Seasons

I really miss that "suggested for mature readers" dressing

that's not Thanos

i never really thought about the hilarity/greatness of the Legion getting it's own Who's Who miniseries

I'm reading the first omni now. The Edmund Hamiltn stories are pretty good. Way more readable, imo, than Fox's early JLA, which I just couldn't get into.