Does anybody else remember watching this live?

Does anybody else remember watching this live?

It was nice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f7iorfwcmeY
youtube.com/watch?v=Vi9dCvFugMo
youtube.com/watch?v=-fny99f8amM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At the time it was nice

In retrospect Iraq was a retarded neocon jew war that destroyed the country got thousands of Americans killed, and lead to the rise of Islamic radicals over secular rulers.

Did they all run up and hit it with their shoes?

If yes, I remember , watching and laughing at the shoe guys.

Nah, didn't bother watching.
Appreciated the beauty of the twin towers' explosions and collapse though, not in a mocking way or anything.
Just the beauty of destruction itself.

Did they seriously covered that live? Kek

I remember watching the Hussein hanging, like some fucker recorded it on a fucking flip phone camera.

watched it in skewl

teachers were very happy

staged

Are you 12?

Good god what am I still doing here.

Anyone else remember watching this live?

Yes, and we all thought it look absurdly staged. Everything about that time... just an unbroken unending series of head-scratching WTFs.

It was pretty incredible watching it happening live and realising right then that it was going to be a defining point for decades to come.

Yeah, little Alien Gonzalez.

Fucking hilarious.

I was in the Marines and saw it in person.

Actually yes I do.

didn't make up for how I felt on 9/11 though.

MOS?

Why did it look so staged?

Didn't watch it live, but know it. What was the deal anyway?
Illegal immigrant or some shit?

Fell over in the oil.

I was North of Baghdad at the time.

I watched it live, it was unsettling, I had the feeling that we were getting ourselves into a war for oil that we didn't understand the full implications of.. and I feel shit to have been vindicated.

yeah.

Rip Saddam. You did a bunch of shitty things (nearly destroying the largest marsh in the region to spite some shias), but you kept the peace and order among a thankless people.

It was a staged photo op. Nothing nice about government propaganda

>mfw they started slapping it with their flipflops

What do you mean?

It's a photo op, of course it was staged.

You got rid of the only man who could hold Iraq together.

/thread

>9/11
>it was a photo op
>of course it was staged

I'm not 60, grandpa

me too. In Baghdad. wasn't in the US army though.

>I was in the Marines and saw it in person.

nice

I don't recall anyone saying that shit back in 03.

It was "holy fuck we just steam rolled a country in no time."
I can't properly put it into words how fucking weird it was.

I'm talking specifically about the statue here.

And anyway, don't you remember the first Gulf War?

Was too young, can't remember shit about it.

Yeah, I do. It was just weird is all and I guess I was still pretty blue pilled at the time.

Related note

youtube.com/watch?v=f7iorfwcmeY

youtube.com/watch?v=Vi9dCvFugMo

Haven't seen the video in years, it was like empty streets and then people just started appearing, and not enough at 1st to look normal. Like 15 guys hopping around and yelling. It wasn't like now when everyone's running around with cameras either. A camera crew was there, prior to anyone showing up. It stank of something planned in advance.

Iwhen the statue refused to fall all the way, i knew it was a bad sign. Then they put up the us flag but had to take it right down. Overall it was gay

I used to listen to it on the radio. bombs going off, gunfire, it was the beginning for me.

Yeah I remember them climbing up the M88 and putting the US flag over the face then laughing when someone (no doubt higher up the CoC) told them to use an Iraqi one instead, so they had to replace it

No wonder camels are fucking hateful eternally pissed off animals.

Kek. This.

Felt like freedom. Back before I realized what the fuck wrong we'd done. I knew guys who were there at that time, you should hear the stories they tell. They fuckin' based up in Saddam's old palaces, were handed pallets of money to pay off Iraqis with, generally had a good time between nearly dying.

>everyone trying so hard to have a nonconformist opinion about this event

Sup Forums quit it

Yeah, that was pretty fun. Just like in the movies

>Just like in the movies

Skip to 1:35:00

youtube.com/watch?v=-fny99f8amM

holy shit tell me it's real XD

>It was nice

It was the beginning of the end, of all the shit that lead us to the current state of things. And I realized it even being 16 years old. Are you dumb?

They went out of their way to make it seem like there were more than a 100 people there to validate Dubya's narrative that we'd roll into Baghdad as "liberators."
I found out years later that the Iraqi populace mostly didn't give a shit.

>Saddam
>The beginning of the end
>Not Mosaddegh

>*18
FTFY

It was also staged fyi

na 4 li si bil we

>Mosaddegh
>The beginning of the end
>Not The Potsdam Agreement

It was recorded on a flip phone, the guy that did it was a driver for the National Security advisor.

fpbp

Saw Saddam 3 times. Once at Camp Victory he was hanging out smoking a cigar. Next two times was in the green zone at his trial. Once in the hall and the next in court and he was not talking, just sitting there.
Was in 3rd ID and the Army was already in Baghdad before the Marines helped haji take down the statue. Army had taken East Baghdad the day before.

Before they eventually managed to pull the statue down, an amerilard had climbed up and planted a stars & stripes on Saddam. It was quickly taken down but it was too late. The world could see it was an occupation and one dumb lard had given the game away.

He must have looked dejected as fuck. How tall was he? Was he a big guy, never tell from pics.